Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) U25 Wolf (Read 92744 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: U25 Wolf
Reply #125 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 1:46pm:
So strike of the enduring and fists of iron every 3 seconds? +4 damage and +3W, +1 crit range/multi. Not bad.

iron fist/earth/fire/air/fol if 3rd mnk lv. just spam these in order while holding down attack. no animation used by them.

the kobold racer will have only adept, but an in-game version should use adept+master, trading in 2 melee power feats for stances and master strikes rotation.   
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2016 at 2:58pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #126 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 1:46pm:
was thinking to upgrade to celestial armor and gain dodge and evasion. Lose some PRR, but that hardly matters when enemies can hit for 4k+.

if dodge is higher, then light armor would be better than robe vs trash. heavy better if not in le raid( i like prr vs rest of quests). robe vs red named for strikes.

swap all 3 take a hvy armor feat.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #127 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
monk ki attacks. they scale with mp now. red name times will be even faster for centered monk version over rogue or kensei. guess 2 monk levels if youre going hvy armor and 12 druid for frostbite. light armor would be kind of stupid.

Monk looks to be a better wolf now, what are you thinking for your class and ap split?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #128 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 3:02pm:
Monk looks to be a better wolf now, what are you thinking for your class and ap split?

11/6/3 for fol access and frostbite. seems to be best split for dps.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #129 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 3:39pm:
11/6/3 for fol access and frostbite. seems to be best split for dps.

We'll see about that.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #130 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 7:05pm:
We'll see about that.

for questing ap split :

13 harrier
23 killer
36 tempest
1 human
7 shintao

for kobold racing drop harrier and killer and take 2nd core of henshin. take ninjaspy sting of the ninja, any left over in nature's warrior for sneak.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #131 - Oct 9th, 2016 at 11:28am
Print Post  
If things interact as expected, I'm thinking:

9d/6r/5m

34 Shintao Empty Hand VbV
23 DWS Killer
13 NW Harrier
9 Tempest Haste boost
1 Human Damage boost

16-20x4 crit, 100% offhand, etc.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #132 - Oct 9th, 2016 at 11:36am
Print Post  
no dod is garbage. mise well roll something else

IP Logged

zoriaan
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #133 - Oct 9th, 2016 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
How squishy is the monk version of the wolf? I ask because the standard fighter split still performs really really well...

Here is a 9.4 sec bruntsmash...old gear...normal fighter split...with u32 that time is now down by 2 more seconds...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDDnlwqxDds

Does the monk really perform THAT much better? The figher seems like the perfect balance of DPS and survive-ability...

This is not me in the vid but a really really good player from cannith...

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #134 - Oct 9th, 2016 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Current wolf crit profile is 18-20x3. That is an effective base damage multiplier of 1.3 or equivalent to 30 melee power.

Proposed changes should enable 16-20x4. That is an effective base damage multiplier of 1.75 or equivalent to 75 melee power.

PRR and MRR aren't as good as they used to be. I for one welcome our new glass cannon rez fest overlords.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #135 - Oct 9th, 2016 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Stuck on feat order. Problem is the prereqs and I want quicken on the build.

1: Weapon Focus: blud
1H: Precision (can be exchanged for another WF and precision can be obtained at the Monk 2nd feat slot. I like deflect arrows though)
2M: SWF
3: Quicken
6: Adept
9: ISWF
12: Master
15: GTWF
18: GSWF
18M: Deflect Arrows
21: IC : Blud
24: OC
27: Natural Fighting1
30: Natural fighting 2

It seems that having more natural fighting would be beneficial, yet at what cost? Obviously quicken can be changed for a DPS feat and precision can be moved to a monk bonus feat, but that still doesn't fit NF
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2016 at 6:35pm by SpaceGoat »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #136 - Oct 9th, 2016 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
zoriaan wrote on Oct 9th, 2016 at 6:08pm:
Does the monk really perform THAT much better?

monk should do 20 seconds or less on u33 lama boss tests. the old stalwart+tempest versions cant sustain that on anything with 500k hps. there are only the monk versions, the kensei versions, and tilo's sneakzilla that compete at those ranges. the monk version being the fastest red name time of them all.

the kensei tier 5 version is very good single dps. but lacks dod. i wouldnt recommend a wolf without dod. ever.

the monk gets the faster single dps times and has dod. tilo's comes close to the same single times while also having dod and slightly better defenses while not losing any dps in hvy armor. and does not require spamming ki attacks to get those times. I highly recommend that version. too bad he took his post down.

I suppose monk can do cabal test in like 3-5 seconds. it will be now firmly in the same category as furyshot times for burst damage. but mostly sustained.

5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 9th, 2016 at 6:27pm:
Current wolf crit profile is 18-20x3. That is an effective base damage multiplier of 1.3 or equivalent to 30 melee power.

Proposed changes should enable 16-20x4. That is an effective base damage multiplier of 1.75 or equivalent to 75 melee power.

the shintao tier 5 version can probably beat the tempest time. but it probably will be very close. maybe 2-3 seconds on avg. if we had million hp kobolds then the shintao version would win out easily.

if ld vs ld :

tempest :
100 dstrike and 30 mp for 15 seconds 1k cuts

shintao :
10% off hand
70dstrike
35 mp 

have you calculated the number of attacks on something with haste boost, swf, 100 off hand, harrier, and killer?

u33 comes up soon. take your toons over and make a vacuum for faster kobold times. it will beat tf due to stacking vuln to 20 in first 2 seconds. try the shintao tier 5 then try the 1k cuts version. use the questing ap and not the dummy racing ap. let us know Grin

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #137 - Oct 9th, 2016 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Oct 9th, 2016 at 6:33pm:
Stuck on feat order. Problem is the prereqs and I want quicken on the build.

1: Weapon Focus: blud
1H: Precision (can be exchanged for another WF and precision can be obtained at the Monk 2nd feat slot. I like deflect arrows though)
2M: SWF
3: Quicken
6: Adept
9: ISWF
12: Master
15: GTWF
18: GSWF
18M: Deflect Arrows
21: IC : Blud
24: OC
27: Natural Fighting1
30: Natural fighting 2

It seems that having more natural fighting would be beneficial, yet at what cost? Obviously quicken can be changed for a DPS feat and precision can be moved to a monk bonus feat, but that still doesn't fit NF

what i used for kobold test.

10/6/4

1R WF:B, WF:S
2M SWF
3R  PL:Sneak of Shadows
4-6D WF:P
7-9D SWF#2
10-13R IC:B
14M Precision
15-18D TWF#3
19-20M SWF#3
21 OC
24 NF (Natural Fighting)
26 TWF
27 NF#2
28 holy strike
29 Harbringer Chaos
30 NF#3, Scion of Ethereal

change the order around slightly, you would have to use the planner to fit in adept then swap oc with master stance.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #138 - Oct 9th, 2016 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 9th, 2016 at 8:28pm:
u33 comes up soon. take your toons over and make a vacuum for faster kobold times. it will beat tf due to stacking vuln to 20 in first 2 seconds. try the shintao tier 5 then try the 1k cuts version. use the questing ap and not the dummy racing ap.

another thing to test is pswf because Vorpal strike now works with wraps. and so should kta+on weapon effect items that were not working before. such as masque and gages.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #139 - Oct 10th, 2016 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 9th, 2016 at 8:34pm:
what i used for kobold test.

10/6/4

1R WF:B, WF:S
2M SWF
4-6D WF:P
7-9D SWF#2
14M Precision
15-18D TWF#3
19-20M SWF#3
21 OC
24 NF (Natural Fighting)
26 TWF
27 NF#2
28 holy strike
29 Harbringer Chaos

change the order around slightly, you would have to use the planner to fit in adept then swap oc with master stance.

Hmm, does testing show OC does not stack with master stance?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #140 - Oct 10th, 2016 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Oct 10th, 2016 at 6:31pm:
Hmm, does testing show OC does not stack with master stance?

it does stack. i could not fit both into the build.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #141 - Oct 12th, 2016 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
I am planning on trying a wolf for some PDK fighter lives using the wolfenstein build as a template, I've got the feats worked out but the enhancements are a bit tougher due to the limitations in the Ranger trees... anyone worked out a good enhancement set for this or suggestions? 

Race: Human/PDK
Alignment: Neutral
Class: 9 Druid/9 Fighter/2 Ranger
FDDDDDDDDDRRFFFFFFFF
Strength............17 (+ level ups)
Dexterity...........13 (+5 tome or better required)
Constitution.......18
Intelligence........10
Wisdom..............8
Charisma............8
Feat Progression:
Level 1   : Single Weapon Fighting, Weapon Focus: Blunt, Weapon Focus : pierce
Level 3   : Precision
Level 6   : weapon focus: Slash
Level 9   : Improved Single Weapon Fighting
Level 12 : Two Weapon Fighting(B), Natural Fighting
Level13: Improved Critical Blunt
Level 15 : Natural Fighting#2, Greater SWF
Level 17 : Improved Two Weapon Fighting
Level 18 : Greater Two Weapon Fighting
Level 18 : Weapons Specialization: Blunt
Level 21 : Overwhelming Critical
Level 24 : Natural Fighting #3
Level 26 : Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
Level 27 : Blinding speed or other
Level 28 : Holy Strike
Level 29 : Harbinger
Level 30 : Weapon specialization: Slash
Level 30 : Arborea

*Edit PSWF removed
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2016 at 2:04pm by Tspoon »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #142 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Oct 12th, 2016 at 4:14pm:
9 Druid/9 Fighter/2 Ranger

grab harrier and some damage/sneak dice.
tier 5 kensei. (crit multi is working but not crit range. opp atk is your bff), 40mp.
stalwart stance, increase max dex cap, and 20% hp.
human dmg and hamp.
dws core1 + stealthy for 2d6 sneak die.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #143 - Oct 14th, 2016 at 11:28am
Print Post  
@five- swf does NOT work with a handwrap in wolf form. shintao is worse than tempest for wolves due to this. 1k cuts+sword/kama still functions.

I performed a few beat down times ranging from 28-32 seconds. down 3-7 from previous lama tries.

doublestrike maxes out at 63 on this build with past lives and gear. melee power @100 with tomes and all mythic 3/4 gear.

anyway, breaking 20 seconds should be easily done on any toon with max dps lives and mythic gear sets. and i do mean easily.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #144 - Oct 14th, 2016 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
questing ap. http://imgur.com/a/75sz1

11/6/3
dex 13

1R Dodge, Precision
2M SWF
4-6D Adept
7-9D SWF#2
14M Deflect Arrows
15-18D SWF#3
19M
20D TWF
21 Master of Forms
24 NF (Natural Fighting)
26 TWF
27 NF#2
28 Dire Charge
29 Harbringer Chaos

vacuum kama

update: possible to drop WF:B for Dodge feat. switch out ap from item defense for improved dodge gaining 6 dodge to fill out the cap some more. also added dire charge. grab kta by taking points out from Harrier. stats should be str, con, int. starting with 13 dex for feats, assumes +4 tomes.
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2016 at 5:56pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #145 - Oct 14th, 2016 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 9th, 2016 at 9:42pm:
another thing to test is pswf because Vorpal strike now works with wraps. and so should kta+on weapon effect items that were not working before. such as masque and gages.

pswf does not work in wolf.
kta also does not work in wolf.
i doubt it works with handwraps either.
masque and gages works with handwraps, even in wolf form with handwraps. but not without handwraps while using ss/kama in wolf form.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #146 - Oct 15th, 2016 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Things that work with handwraps that are supposed to work with unarmed are usually only doing so because not all handwraps are converting to weapons
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2016 at 2:25pm by »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #147 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 14th, 2016 at 11:28am:
@five- swf does NOT work with a handwrap in wolf form. shintao is worse than tempest for wolves due to this.

I tested shit on Lam. I figured if Empty Hand didn't work for wolf then the Deadly Striker (or whatever it's called) NS T5 would have to work for wolf at least. But no, it doesn't, and it's bullshit.

So though getting dex to damage is nice, this update is mostly /yawn for wolves , I'll be doing a Silvanus build instead. 17-20x6 THF is sexy. There will be an update to the chucker as well.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #148 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 16th, 2016 at 1:07pm:
update is mostly /yawn for wolves

for most. monk wolf got upgraded dps by a good amount. taking an actual build from the racing skeleton still makes for the fastest dps. Even with the non-racing feat and ap set up it should come in at 30 seconds or less. It can't do sub 20 like racing spec'd, but it beats any other build in dps. the ki attacks flag as basic attacks for DoD hits. 

dire charge should be in the build. Str score of high 80s reached by tenser, animal growth, ram might, 17/7/4/1 items, ELitany, pots, and max + all level ups. should be 90s with every thing and cookies. either way 80 str for brevity is 35 dc. Would have to drop harrier for KtA boost with 42 int being doable for 8dc extra. ~110 total dc.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #149 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 16th, 2016 at 5:37pm:
Str score of high 80s 

Dex. To. Damage.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
Send TopicPrint