Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Need shiradi sorc build (Read 4320 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Need shiradi sorc build
May 22nd, 2015 at 5:11am
Print Post  
missing 3rd sorc life. wanted to get it before warlock hits live. do i go 13 4fvs 3pally? will get me final bf life as well. already tried 14 4 2 build and have the gear for it ready.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Re: Need shiradi sorc build
Reply #1 - May 22nd, 2015 at 6:59am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 5:11am:
missing 3rd sorc life. wanted to get it before warlock hits live. do i go 13 4fvs 3pally? will get me final bf life as well. already tried 14 4 2 build and have the gear for it ready.

Just roll a WF sorc instead, so much easier to hit 20 then TR, or hit epic cap then ER -> TR.
Unless you really want that BF life Tongue

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #2 - May 22nd, 2015 at 7:49am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 6:59am:
Just roll a WF sorc instead, so much easier to hit 20 then TR, or hit epic cap then ER -> TR.
Unless you really want that BF life Tongue

But is it faster?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - May 22nd, 2015 at 8:29am
Print Post  
i would always prefer 15-28 over 1-28. would like to play at cap, otherwise i would just do 1-20.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

CasualBrutality
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - May 22nd, 2015 at 10:29am
Print Post  
I'd greatly appreciate a build and play guide for 1-20 on a Shiradi sorc, for those who have done that kind of thing before.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #5 - May 22nd, 2015 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
CasualBrutality wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 10:29am:
I'd greatly appreciate a build and play guide for 1-20 on a Shiradi sorc, for those who have done that kind of thing before.

Just max sorc, then rest, slas and gg.

IP Logged

CasualBrutality
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - May 22nd, 2015 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Hey, it might be gg for you, but midwits like myself like hearing the reasoning behind choices in enhancement trees and the various synergies between them.

The SLAs never seemed to do that much damage, even with the free max and empower added to it.  How much damage is normal/optimal at different levels?

I'd never have thought that high FvS levels and lower wizard/sorc levels would have had such synergy with MM, as long as you had the right equipment to boost the numbers of missiles you throw.  And what spells work well with shiradi anyway, other than MM?  Firewall seems to trigger a lot, but running with only magic missiles and chain missiles seems to give me the only real chance to complete some quests, due to the low sp cost.

I've read the vault for a few years now, and have found it's a damn good resource for seeing how elite players and characters think.  But throw it into a lower gear, please.  What's obvious to you isn't obvious to everyone else, and the more I know and can explain to the people I play with, the better the PUGs will go and the easier I can pull my 70-year-old dad through the game.

Viktor Vaughn wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 12:19pm:
Just max sorc, then rest, slas and gg.

« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2015 at 1:42pm by CasualBrutality »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - May 22nd, 2015 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
CasualBrutality wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 1:38pm:
the reasoning behind choices in enhancement trees and the various synergies between them.

I used atomic's thread for my last sorc life.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/447048-Epic-Completionist-Shiradi-Sorc...

also check out sestra's/secure's build threads. He goes over choices extensively and there is a ton of info there.
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/444495-Secure-s-Build-Thread

IP Logged

korinter
Korthos Resident

I Love Boobs

Reply #8 - May 22nd, 2015 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
int base on a sorc??
why waste 3 monk levels just for 5% run speed?
whats the point in twist in energy burst with only 48 int ( and thats at lv 28) ! wont hit anything on ee. enrgy burst dc is 20 + 1/2 char + int mod ; so 20 + 14+ 19 = 53 . and thats at cap  LMAO how can that hit anything on ee ? thats a waste
soloing those quests shown at lv 28 is nothing worth mention. try solo it at lv 24 -26 then it would be impressive.
*shakes head* i though you know better rubbin

IP Logged

korinter
Korthos Resident

I Love Boobs

Reply #9 - May 22nd, 2015 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
would be far better to go char base, and pally instead of monk,
higher saves, heavy armor feat free from pally, much better ac,prr,mrr .

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - May 22nd, 2015 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
korinter wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 8:15pm:
would be far better to go char base, and pally instead of monk,
higher saves, heavy armor feat free from pally, much better ac,prr,mrr .

yep :
Rubbinns wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 5:11am:
13 4fvs 3pally? already tried 14 4 2 build and have the gear for it ready.

korinter wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 8:10pm:
int base on a sorc??

for spell power.

IP Logged

korinter
Korthos Resident

I Love Boobs

Reply #11 - May 22nd, 2015 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
yeah for more spell power yes. well iguess its a matter of choice. more dps or more surviveability.

not sure if i should post this screenshot, cos its not a sorc, but still its char base and pally splash. but you could see whats saves looks like, even if its a fvs. i imagine it wont be much different in saves
in screenshot toon is just lv 22 with crappy gear

IP Logged

korinter
Korthos Resident

I Love Boobs

Reply #12 - May 22nd, 2015 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
i dont think going int base for more spp and monks for extra speed is worth it. as a sorc casting speed is very fast, isnt shiradi about procs from rainbow etc.. having more sps from char base and higher saves/ac is better . but thats just my noob opinion,,

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #13 - May 22nd, 2015 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
Bladeforged, 18 Sorc/2 pally w/ heavy armor.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - May 22nd, 2015 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
korinter wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 8:46pm:
going int base for more spp and monks for extra speed is worth it. as a sorc casting speed is very fast, isnt shiradi about procs from rainbow etc.. having more sps from char base and higher saves/ac is better . but thats just my noob opinio

Right, I had already tried the 14 4 2pally bladeforged build.

5 Foot Step wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 9:44pm:
Bladeforged, 18 Sorc/2 pally w/ heavy armor.

I want the fvs levels to get scourge and just reward. And there is the 4 to 8 extra crit chance.
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2015 at 10:09pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - May 28th, 2015 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
Getting ready to tr out of this (14/4/2) build. My saves are godly, but If I had to do it again I would go with 9 sorc 7 wiz 4 fvs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=servsRGmrrc

break ranks in 7:16.
« Last Edit: May 28th, 2015 at 1:16pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

SmokeMonster
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - May 29th, 2015 at 10:13am
Print Post  
Just a random question but do you think the arcane alacrity epic past life feat will work with the eldritch blast?

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #17 - May 29th, 2015 at 10:27am
Print Post  
From what I've read, I think the cooldown will be more like cleave's.

But hey, Turbine.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint