Poll
Poll Question: Are they all from the same sock drawer?
bars   pie

Yes and donuts and boobs.    
  31 (44.9%)
No, but they're all idiots.    
  38 (55.1%)

Total votes: 69
« Last Modified by: 5 Foot Step on: Jul 8th, 2015 at 3:17am »
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Hag=Gawker=Mattyboy=Fire Foot (and more)? (Read 88622 times)
Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Re: Hag=Gawker=Mattyboy=Fire Foot (and more)?
Reply #225 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 9:52pm:
Ehhhhhhh

There are 9 browsers over three devices within arms length of me as I type this.

Yeah, but you're (mostly) smart enough to keep your socks straight.   Grin

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #226 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
WeHaveLived wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 10:19pm:
Vag is a Hag Master sock! You heard it here first, folks!

Vag dreams of being Hag masters "sock" if you know what I mean....  Cheesy 

Picking his new name "Vag" was no mistake on his part, it was aspiration  Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2015 at 10:57pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #227 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 11:11pm
Print Post  
Soooo... would you say you're an ANP or an EP?

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #228 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 9:52pm:
Ehhhhhhh

There are 9 browsers over three devices within arms length of me as I type this.

Sorry. I probably shouldn't have implied it's hard to do. It's just a pain. Yet another thing to keep straight for your sock.

But maybe I'm biased cuz in my ADHD perspective, that is a lot of fucking work.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #229 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 11:37pm:
Sorry. I probably shouldn't have implied it's hard to do. It's just a pain. Yet another thing to keep straight for your sock.

But maybe I'm biased cuz in my ADHD perspective, that is a lot of fucking work.

That's the easy part.   Grin

Much more difficult, especially for those with poor language skills or a sever diss- whoops, I mean severe dissociative disorder, is mixing your words and sentence structures up enough so that it doesn't just sound like the same person under a different nym.  There are tools around to help with that, but sadly in this case it's a little too late.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #230 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 5:15am
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Jul 30th, 2015 at 12:23am:
That's the easy part.

I was afraid of that. Part of having ADHD is dealing with it being really impossibly difficult to do something, while most (almost all) the people you ever talk to say it's easy.

So thanks for the head's up. It is helpful for me to know the trouble I'd have even keeping more than one browser open is ADHD-specific, and easier for most people than I think.

Ah Pook wrote on Jul 30th, 2015 at 12:23am:
Much more difficult, especially for those with poor language skills or a sever diss- whoops, I mean severe dissociative disorder, is mixing your words and sentence structures up enough so that it doesn't just sound like the same person under a different nym.  There are tools around to help with that, but sadly in this case it's a little too late.

Hah! Conversely, the creativity involved in this side of (I guess we should call it Sock RPG-ing?) would make it much easier for me. I'd still get them mixed up, but creating and maintaining different writing styles? No fucking problem.

I like how now I'm arguing that I'm a sock.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #231 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 5:23am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jul 30th, 2015 at 5:15am:

Well you're in the right thread, everyone here is one, I've been   told.... loudly, repeatedly, desperately,   Grin Grin
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2015 at 5:25am by Grand »  

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #232 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 11:52am
Print Post  
I was afraid of that. Part of having ADHD is dealing with it being really impossibly difficult to do something, while most (almost all) the people you ever talk to say it's easy.

So thanks for the head's up. It is helpful for me to know the trouble I'd have even keeping more than one browser open is ADHD-specific, and easier for most people than I think.

Well, I don't know that he was saying it was easy, but certainly relatively easy as compared to keeping track of different personalities.

That said, a simple Excel spreadsheet makes tracking sock platforms no more difficult than a lookup.

Hah! Conversely, the creativity involved in this side of (I guess we should call it Sock RPG-ing?) would make it much easier for me. I'd still get them mixed up, but creating and maintaining different writing styles? No fucking problem.

That's interesting that keeping track of multiple sock personalities would be easy for you. It'd definitely be hard for me. I can't stand spelling or grammar issues in text written by me (notice damn near every post I make is edited shortly after posting? heh). I don't think I'd be able to, say, type in all lowercase.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #233 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 4:20pm:
Neither of those will help if you have JS enabled.

Haha, as if!

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #234 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 10:55pm:
Vag dreams of being Hag masters "sock" if you know what I mean....  Cheesy 

Picking his new name "Vag" was no mistake on his part, it was aspiration  Grin Grin Grin

fuck me the burns

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #235 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jul 30th, 2015 at 11:52am:
That's interesting that keeping track of multiple sock personalities would be easy for you. It'd definitely be hard for me. I can't stand spelling or grammar issues in text written by me (notice damn near every post I make is edited shortly after posting? heh). I don't think I'd be able to, say, type in all lowercase.

When you said, "excel spreadsheet", I heard "magic voodoo mysticism ghost hunting". But yeah, if that part could be witchcrafted somehow, I could maintain the writing style. All that would take is using the preview feature. Shit, an AHK script could do the word-subs, depending on how tricky someone wanted to get. If you had the excel sheet, you could probably key the script to that.

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #236 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jul 30th, 2015 at 12:41pm:
When you said, "excel spreadsheet", I heard "magic voodoo mysticism ghost hunting".

+1  Shocked

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #237 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jul 30th, 2015 at 12:41pm:
When you said, "excel spreadsheet", I heard "magic voodoo mysticism ghost hunting". But yeah, if that part could be witchcrafted somehow, I could maintain the writing style. All that would take is using the preview feature. Shit, an AHK script could do the word-subs, depending on how tricky someone wanted to get. If you had the excel sheet, you could probably key the script to that.

It's (surprisingly?) far more difficult than you think, especially the more you write.  People have all kinds of tells - misspellings, sure, but also basic vocabulary, sentence structure... even slang terms based on where they grew up.  Do you say soda or pop (or Coke)?  Do you stand on line or in line?  Pounds or kilos?  Did you go to grade 8 or 8th grade?  If English isn't your first language, it's even easier.

It's all about the shibboleths.   Smiley

I'd be really curious if we could pick up on your different writing styles if you really worked at it.  Dunno how to test that, other than you introducing some socks, which would be too obvious.  Write some shit!

Not that I want to help anybody out, but this batch of socks* is obviously too dumb to care anyway - there are software tools to help you out.  I already ran the stylometry scripts on everybody back when I built the Fran Scraper (sorry Strake... site was slow for a couple of days there.  Tongue), so I guess it wouldn't hurt to tell people about stuff like Anonymouth.  No need to write your own!

* hmm... batch?  It's not a pair.  Department!  A sock department.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #238 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Plot twist.. Ah Pook is everyone posting here.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #239 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Jul 30th, 2015 at 4:42pm:

For a non-Internet guru, this stuff is getting hard to follow.
Whose sock am I?  I can't keep up?
What's a bear Dropbear to do?
(Thanks Thaz, I can't refer to myself as a bear anymore without images of a hairy gay man popping into my head.... shivers).  Undecided
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2015 at 4:57pm by DropBear »  

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #240 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Jul 30th, 2015 at 4:42pm:

i dont make socks....
ohhh shit wrong account

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #241 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jul 30th, 2015 at 4:56pm:
(Thanks Thaz, I can't refer to myself as a bear anymore without images of a hairy gay man popping into my head.... shivers).

Yeah...Thaz is a bit of a ruiner.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #242 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jul 30th, 2015 at 4:56pm:
For a non-Internet guru, this stuff is getting hard to follow.
Whose sock am I?  I can't keep up?
What's a bear Dropbear to do?
(Thanks Thaz, I can't refer to myself as a bear anymore without images of a hairy gay man popping into my head.... shivers).  Undecided

It's all very simple Dropbear, I'm your sock, your Revaulting's sock, who is actually Mattyboy's sock, who in turn is Rubbins sock, who ironically is actually Rubbins sock's sock, who in turn is the sock of stardate, who is Hag Master's sock, who is the sock of Arkat, who is really Strake's sock, who is controlled by FTS, who is the second favorite sock of Tornadoe Joe, who is in reality Groo's sock, except when it's being run by Meursault, who is Yobai's main sock, when he is not running Ginger_Walri, who is Epoch's hobby sock, who he shares with Meat-head, the both of which are in fact Ah Pook's socks. 

Simple see?  Grin

And just a thought, if a hairy gay-man is going to be "popping in" isn't it better if it's into your head? I mean the alternative sounds really painful.  Wink
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2015 at 5:19pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #243 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Just pray I don't wake up.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #244 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Oh I forgot to mention that when Ah Pook is too busy or asleep Bigdickrichguy "fills in" for him...  Grin

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #245 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Jul 30th, 2015 at 5:18pm:
It's all very simple Dropbear, I'm your sock, your Revaulting's sock, who is actually Mattyboy's sock, who in turn is Rubbins sock, who ironically is actually Rubbins sock's sock, who in turn is the sock of stardate, who is Hag Master's sock, who is the sock of Arkat, who is really Strake's sock, who is controlled by FTS, who is the second favorite sock of Tornadoe Joe, who is in reality Groo's sock, except when it's being run by Meursault, who is Yobai's main sock, when he is not running Ginger_Walri, who is Epoch's hobby sock, who he shares with Meat-head, the both of which are in fact Ah Pook's socks. 

Simple see?  Grin

And just a thought, if a hairy gay-man is going to be "popping in" isn't it better if it's into your head? I mean the alternative sounds really painful.  Wink

Ummm....thanks for simplifying it.
Much clearer now.... Smiley

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #246 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Jul 30th, 2015 at 5:32pm:
Oh I forgot to mention that when Ah Pook is too busy or asleep Bigdickrichguy "fills in" for him...  Grin

It's actually one of the better names I've come up with.  I'm proud of that one.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #247 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
by the way, anyone notice Hag has stopped posting while Grand and RemiRemi go insane?

Hes letting the heat die down because too many people finally came around to his bullshit sock account madness.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #248 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Jul 30th, 2015 at 3:08pm:
It's (surprisingly?) far more difficult than you think, especially the more you write.  People have all kinds of tells - misspellings, sure, but also basic vocabulary, sentence structure... even slang terms based on where they grew up.  Do you say soda or pop (or Coke)?  Do you stand on line or in line?  Pounds or kilos?  Did you go to grade 8 or 8th grade?  If English isn't your first language, it's even easier.

It's all about the shibboleths.

Oh, I agree. I also think complete anonymity is a pipe dream. The best anyone can do is make it more work than it's worth. If you're not fluent in the language, just forget thinking you can pull it off. Even the way you miss certain kinds of jokes can be a tell. And yeah, the more you write, the larger sample size you're offering for analysis.

All said, I'm not sure ADHD would be very conducive to sock maintenance. The parts that would be relatively easier for me (mixing things up: style creation, grammar level, personality behind the sock, a general outline of what that personality responds to, what it's good at, what it's bad at, etc.) are the parts that would make the socks eventually harder to juggle.

Ah Pook wrote on Jul 30th, 2015 at 3:08pm:
* hmm... batch? 

* Biatch.

harharharhar wrote on Jul 30th, 2015 at 6:13pm:
by the way, anyone notice Hag has stopped posting while Grand and RemiRemi go insane?

Hes letting the heat die down because too many people finally came around to his bullshit sock account madness.

Of course! When someone's work gets busy, or they have house guests visit, or they take a vacation (in the summer! how odd!), or when they have a wake/sleep cycle, etc., it's all about you.

You very obviously would rather just fantasize about being sock-stalked, or you'd look up the IPs yourself and post the evidence. This circumstantial fuckwittery just shows us your preference.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #249 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jul 30th, 2015 at 8:51pm:
Of course! When someone's work gets busy, or they have house guests visit, or they take a vacation (in the summer! how odd!), or when they have a wake/sleep cycle, etc., it's all about you.

You very obviously would rather just fantasize about being sock-stalked, or you'd look up the IPs yourself and post the evidence. This circumstantial fuckwittery just shows us your preference.

Well, insults aside, you're also just guessing, and attacking me the way I attack Hag for attention, so....takes one to know one. Cunt.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Send TopicPrint