Poll
Poll Question: Are they all from the same sock drawer?
bars   pie

Yes and donuts and boobs.    
  31 (44.9%)
No, but they're all idiots.    
  38 (55.1%)

Total votes: 69
« Last Modified by: 5 Foot Step on: Jul 8th, 2015 at 3:17am »
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Hag=Gawker=Mattyboy=Fire Foot (and more)? (Read 88962 times)
RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Re: Hag=Gawker=Mattyboy=Fire Foot (and more)?
Reply #200 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Quick! I think hear someone pointing out what a douchebag you are on another thread.... quickly to the Freakoutmobile!!!

Grin

IP Logged

stardate2115
Dragon Raider

..!..

Reply #201 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 6:05am
Print Post  
not to derail the topic at hand but...... i think 5 foot may be on to something here sorry im late to the party.

..!..       ..!..

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #202 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 11:24am
Print Post  
stardate2115 wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 6:05am:
not to derail the topic at hand but...... i think 5 foot may be on to something here sorry im late to the party.

You ARE late to the party!

5 Foot seems to have dropped it but Notharharhar (now Vag Master) picked it back up and was only a bit more successful.

Neither of them were able to state their cases clearly or very convincingly.

That's not to say they were wrong (clearly they're on to something), they just couldn't make their case well enough.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #203 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 11:24am:
You ARE late to the party!

5 Foot seems to have dropped it but Notharharhar (now Vag Master) picked it back up and was only a bit more successful.

Neither of them were able to state their cases clearly or very convincingly.

That's not to say they were wrong (clearly they're on to something), they just couldn't make their case well enough.

I dont think its an issue of stating it clearly. We do not have access to the information that would make it easy and plain to state our cases.

1. I clearly demonstrated: Grand mistakenly outed himself as Yardarm, and showed PM's that proved the trade he referenced with me was actually with Yard. As far as I'm concerned, that;s confirmation, given I never had any communication with Grand about trading, ever.

2. 5 Foot showed some pretty compelling typo analysis

3. DropBear, everyone's favorite validator of things, sats he still talks to mattyboy on a new account, and that mattyboys account was taken over by Turbine, as relayed to him by Hag Master. However, Hag Master, the suspected master account of all of the socks, seems to have unfettered access to mattyboys account, and whenever he wants to discredit someone, he uses the mattyboy puppet account to support that person, thus making them susceptible to the publics scorn as a pawn or puppet of Turbine. It would seem he even has DropBear fooled on this count, which caused a litany of very sour and angry PM's to me from DropBear about the topic. DropBear says Hag Master simply looked at the PM history of mattyboys account to verify that mattyboy had never sent a PM to me (which I never claimed he sent). But of cours,e Hag could be mattyboy, and just be telling DropBear that all he did was look at last PM sent, when in fact he just opened the mattyboy account.

4. Many of the accounts that seem to be socks were created in May-July of 2014, during one of the great Doopapalooza events.

I think there's plenty of evidence to link all of these things, but you're right in that without someone just posting a compelling list of IP addresses showing socks coming from the same place this will always be less snopes and more 4chan
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:57pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #204 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
There's a 2nd, more likely and obvious thing with mattyboy: his account was never highjacked, as he says in posts it's still him, and Hag Master simply managed to character assassinate him, as Hag has tried to do to me. He's convinced people, even puddinghead DropBear, that this is true. When in fact, mattyboy is just...mattyboy.

Hag could easily do this by PM'ing DropBear from a sock and saying "oh man I got totally banned and my account got taken over by Turbine here's my new one DropBear, you're my only friend". Which is probably exactly what Hag did.
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2015 at 1:10pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #205 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
1) Strake can know... he cna look at server logs and check if grand IP and Yardarm IP is the same.
3) Same... Strake can know if
    -Hag Master IP is also mattyboy IP
    - if Either IP is in the Turbine IP range ( he knows that range )
4) socks are created all the time...
       If only I could remember my 4th account login/password from when they offered the cubelet... I could level 4 chars at the same time...
       For the time being I'm stuck to leveling 3.
       ( yes I was an Idiot, I didn't keep the emails from Turbine )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #206 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 1:25pm:
1) Strake can know... he cna look at server logs and check if grand IP and Yardarm IP is the same.

I tend to think that if someone has the time to set up sixty forum accounts for a niche game audience then they probably have time to learn the many ways to make this wholly unreliable as a measure.

Or one could be stupid / counting on Strake not wanting to work, but seriously would anyone orchestrate all these accounts talking across multiple threads and go to all that effort, only to let their IP give them up? It's unlikely, isn't it?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #207 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 1:37pm:
only to let their IP give them up? It's unlikely, isn't it?

strake wouldnt snitch. and besides the dude likes the drama ;p

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #208 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
I tend to think that if someone has the time to set up sixty forum accounts for a niche game audience then they probably have time to learn the many ways to make this wholly unreliable as a measure.

Or one could be stupid / counting on Strake not wanting to work, but seriously would anyone orchestrate all these accounts talking across multiple threads and go to all that effort, only to let their IP give them up? It's unlikely, isn't it?

As he mentioned in another thread, what you do is just stick something in your bio pic and check those logs.  It's pretty trivial.

Here's Sockboy's problem: he's not half as clever as he thinks he is.  Strake mentioned using a jpg, but the validation's on filename, not type.  Depending on your host (or if you host it yourself), you can just change Apache handlers to serve whatever you want, really.  (Side note: that's why you'll see stuff like animated 'jpgs' on imgur.  Filename doesn't matter.)

IP's one measure, but it's easier to just use browser fingerprints.  Then even if people go through seven proxies, you still know it's them.  And them and them and them.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #209 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:53pm:
I think there's plenty of evidence to link all of these things, but you're right in that without someone just posting a compelling list of IP addresses showing socks coming from the same place this will always be less snopes and more 4chan

Still trying to drag me into your Hag fantasy?
I was thinking this was less 4chan and more Benny Hill.

Strakeln has shown you how, AhPook has shown you how.
Either compile actual proof or STFU.

As I said, even if you do manage to connect a few accounts, no one other than you is going to give a shit.

Ps - pudding Head?  Really?  That's something my kids would find funny.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #210 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 3:51pm:
As he mentioned in another thread, what you do is just stick something in your bio pic and check those logs.  It's pretty trivial.

Here's Sockboy's problem: he's not half as clever as he thinks he is.  Strake mentioned using a jpg, but the validation's on filename, not type.  Depending on your host (or if you host it yourself), you can just change Apache handlers to serve whatever you want, really.  (Side note: that's why you'll see stuff like animated 'jpgs' on imgur.  Filename doesn't matter.)

IP's one measure, but it's easier to just use browser fingerprints.  Then even if people go through seven proxies, you still know it's them.  And them and them and them.

Heh. Indeed, but now you are getting into the terrority of me thinking it'd be too much effort / expertise for someone just trolling a forum to plan for a threat model like that.

I was thinking that if I wanted to use six accounts, I'd probably at least use Tor or Tails and deliberately behave in ways to at least make it difficult.

Certainly depends on how willing you are to delve, and the other to try and evade that. I'm bored already and that's why I just have the one account. Smiley
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2015 at 4:17pm by kum-gulp »  

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #211 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 4:16pm:
I'd probably at least use Tor or Tails

Neither of those will help if you have JS enabled.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #212 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 1:45pm:
strake wouldnt snitch. and besides the dude likes the drama ;p

Strak certainly wouldn't tell anyone what the actual IP address is (neither would I) but he might tell you from which city/town it originated.
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2015 at 4:42pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #213 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 5:23pm
Print Post  

and yet this eludes Cordo.  or he just gives as much of a shit about socks than I do.  which is not a one.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #214 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Going to go on record as saying - if you need to create a made up person to back yourself up in an argument, you might as well get 'pussy' tattooed on your forehead because you're not even man enough to be gay and retarded.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #215 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 6:07pm:
Going to go on record as saying - if you need to create a made up person to back yourself up in an argument, you might as well get 'pussy' tattooed on your forehead because you're not even man enough to be gay and retarded.

Youve summed up Hag Master well

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #216 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 6:41pm
Print Post  

Or maybe "pussies."   Grin  Is it twice as bad if you have more than one made-up person, or does it go exponentially?

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #217 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 6:43pm
Print Post  

is it to back up his arguments?  or just to give him someone who will actually respond to his posts?

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #218 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 6:41pm:
Or maybe "pussies."   Grin  Is it twice as bad if you have more than one made-up person, or does it go exponentially?

yes.  for each sock.  I think he is at Pussy X 1.0 ^20.

which is darn near 1.5 cletus.  but not quite a full ironclown.
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2015 at 6:45pm by Yobai »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #219 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 6:19pm:
Youve summed up Hag Master well

For Notharharhar, everyone of us who have burned him lately is a sock Grin  And so it's no big surprise he tried to glom onto this thread in desperation. In his classic "missing the details fashion" he failed to notice that the last people trumpeting "socks" again and again here ended up being punchlines is a very looooong joke.

Tell us Sally, how many of people have you accused of being socks this week hehhehehe,  and does it make the shame you feel for being manhandled in thread after thread less painful?  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #220 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:53pm:
4. Many of the accounts that seem to be socks were created in May-July of 2014, during one of the great Doopapalooza events.

You're right; this is very suspicious. Why were so many new Vault accounts created during Dupapalooza, I wonder?  Roll Eyes

And subject to less error, AFAIK. You're still identifying a computer and not necessarily how many users it has, but at least it's more specific than an IP.

And more annoying to work around. Hiding IP is pretty simple. Hiding browser signature? A fucking pain.

kum-gulp wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 4:16pm:
I was thinking that if I wanted to use six accounts, I'd probably at least use Tor or Tails and deliberately behave in ways to at least make it difficult.

That's what disappointed me about Hammertop. Fucker gets nabbed by IP; goes on to create a sock that gets nabbed by IP. Brilliant.

DropBear wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 4:14pm:
Strakeln has shown you how, AhPook has shown you how.
Either compile actual proof or STFU.

This.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #221 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
sever

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #222 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
[fingerprints vs. IP]
Revaulting wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 8:53pm:
And subject to less error, AFAIK.

Well, yeah, it's not even close.  Somebody put up a public page where you could check... think it was the EFF.  Hang on...

Yeah, this one.

That's why Pussies's charade is so weird... he's not even trying anymore, I guess.  Must be out of meds.  / me twirls a finger and makes WHEEEEOOOOO noises.   Cheesy

Huh, interesting.  FF and Opera report different screen sizes.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #223 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 8:53pm:
And more annoying to work around. Hiding IP is pretty simple. Hiding browser signature? A fucking pain.

Ehhhhhhh

There are 9 browsers over three devices within arms length of me as I type this.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #224 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 6:43pm:
or just to give him someone who will actually respond to his posts?

Vag is a Hag Master sock! You heard it here first, folks!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
Send TopicPrint