Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Pale master or something else (Read 3886 times)
palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Pale master or something else
Jul 27th, 2015 at 9:06am
Print Post  
So I recently went back over to my original server (Khyber) to start up a new char and I realized I still had a toon left over there. It was a level 14 Drow wizard.

It has been ages since I used a wizard; nonetheless I was thinking of setting him up as a Palemaster.

I am at work so I do not have access to anything DDO (sans the vault).

My question is, should I gear him towards palemaster or is there another route I should take?

I play 95% solo and over the weekend I got him up to level 19 (was at 14).

In playing him and taking the palemaster enhancements, I feel very limited in damage spells and running around I fear hes gonna suck balls in end game. He has shit for gear atm and since im getting close to level 20, i have to make a decision (get helpful insight to running him through epics as a palemaster - or alternative, or just tring the bitch into a wf and going palemaster).

Maybe making him a CC specced char might help.

I dont know, i dont want to waste a lot of time finding out the hard way so I am asking you guys.

Thanks

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Re: Pale master or something else
Reply #1 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
palmer01 wrote on Jul 27th, 2015 at 9:06am:
So I recently went back over to my original server (Khyber) to start up a new char and I realized I still had a toon left over there. It was a level 14 Drow wizard.

It has been ages since I used a wizard; nonetheless I was thinking of setting him up as a Palemaster.

I am at work so I do not have access to anything DDO (sans the vault).

My question is, should I gear him towards palemaster or is there another route I should take?

I play 95% solo and over the weekend I got him up to level 19 (was at 14).

In playing him and taking the palemaster enhancements, I feel very limited in damage spells and running around I fear hes gonna suck balls in end game. He has shit for gear atm and since im getting close to level 20, i have to make a decision (get helpful insight to running him through epics as a palemaster - or alternative, or just tring the bitch into a wf and going palemaster).

Maybe making him a CC specced char might help.

I dont know, i dont want to waste a lot of time finding out the hard way so I am asking you guys.

Thanks

How do you see yourself playing? Casually? Solo?

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #2 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Jul 27th, 2015 at 1:24pm:
How do you see yourself playing? Casually? Solo?

You can say i'm a casual player. Do to family/time constraints I solo a lot. I run a cleric on Thelanis and have no problem with EH. I am more of a ground n pound player, but my old old urges have been surfacing lately. The zerg urge!

Its a drow and im kind of stuck with him unless I TR; but im trying to avoid that. I know endgame is primarily undead and most of the decent gear are in undead quests so I am questioning the whole Palemaster theme, but then again, I like self healing and was a firm believer in self heals back before it became common place.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #3 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
palmer01 wrote on Jul 27th, 2015 at 2:49pm:
You can say i'm a casual player. Do to family/time constraints I solo a lot. I run a cleric on Thelanis and have no problem with EH. I am more of a ground n pound player, but my old old urges have been surfacing lately. The zerg urge!

Its a drow and im kind of stuck with him unless I TR; but im trying to avoid that. I know endgame is primarily undead and most of the decent gear are in undead quests so I am questioning the whole Palemaster theme, but then again, I like self healing and was a firm believer in self heals back before it became common place.

Hmm.. I'm sure you've seen the hubub about 'DC Casterz R Ded!!11!!" stuff. The problem is the lvl 25+ epic mobs have ridic saves.

So, assuming you don't want to TR, I see three major options.

1. DC caster anyway. Gear up to handle ENs/EHs of the easier epics. Pale Master should still be a lot of fun there. Later epics will require negging+debuffing a lot in order to land spells. But, it still could be done slowly. Bring a hire with divine vitality maybe? Eventually, however, you may not be able to land spells in the highest content--maybe even on EN. But, others might be able to correct me on this.

2. Respec into a nuker/shiradi and focus on dmg SLAs. This should be an easy move to AM tree and rearranging spells.

3. Respec into some kind of melee arcane build using EK tree and a destiny like the melee divine one or LD. You won't be amazing. But, you'll be viable in EHs I imagine.

Both #2 and #3 are doable without TRing. Though melee might require an LR or at least some feat swaps.

That's the best I got until someone with more high-level DC info shows up.

As for self-heals, you can split AP with PM to still get undead form and self heals. You can also twist cocoon if you don't go undead.
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2015 at 4:33pm by Meat-Head »  

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #4 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Thanks Meat. I will look into options 2 & 3 first and default to 1 if need be.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #5 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
BTW, a number of us are on Khyber.

Arkat, myself, Asheras, Epoch (I think), and others. I'm sure we could help with some gear if you need?

If you find you need something specific or help with something, send me a PM. Maybe I can run something with you or give you some mats, little plat, etc.

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #6 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Jul 27th, 2015 at 4:35pm:

Arkat, myself, Asheras, Epoch (I think), and others. I'm sure we could help with some gear if you need?

If you find you need something specific or help with something, send me a PM. Maybe I can run something with you or give you some mats, little plat, etc.

Thanks a bunch. I have to re-educate myself as a caster and im gonna try and get used to him, do a little more homework and see where im at after trials and tribulations. I generally only play on saturday and sunday mornings, 6-9 am PST. 

If you dont mind send me a PM on the vault with an alt you run and ill keep a lookout if you happen to be on.

Im old school so I dont take to others benevolance, but I appreciate the effort nonetheless. I have to sit down first to see what type of caster im gonna be then look at gear, etc etc. that unfortunately takes more time then actually playing. lol

If I need assistance though I most definitely will ask you for sure.

IP Logged

apparently bored
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #7 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
if  you're willing to TR it to make it more survivable could take 3pally or ftr for defensive stance rock a big shield with slots in it and just nuke everything in shiradi while still having ''some'' DCs but its was a uphill battle pure.

if you just want to be a undead wiz that pwns could just roll the bad ass 14wiz/4fvs/2monk you're only tossing SLAs mostly but they are tearing through shit

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #8 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Lots to think about. With the above mentioned, I'm more torn now. I definitely want to nuke but I was hoping for cc's

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #9 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Jul 27th, 2015 at 4:35pm:

That I am.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
Go shiradi bladeforged. or pure warlock with aura. either seems better than trying to heal with death aura/blasts and attempting to finger dretches with 89 fort save.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #11 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 8:51am
Print Post  
you guys are making me wanna TR. i just dont invest that much time to tr. ugggh

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #12 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 11:17am
Print Post  
palmer01 wrote on Jul 28th, 2015 at 8:51am:
you guys are making me wanna TR. i just dont invest that much time to tr. ugggh

You don't have to. You can go shiradi nuker and twist cocoon for heals. Problem solved.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #13 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 11:49am
Print Post  
PM is cool as a fun alt to play sometimes. Etr now and then, play something completely different compared to Blitz melee or Eburst / Shiradi spam .
But it's too fucking weak by itself to consider it good choice as main character.
Pair it with non idiotic melees or a monkcher and it will shine though. Lots of cc and quick trash removal while etring.

If people work with you, it's cool gameplay. Don't finger that mob at 5% health. and your melees should hit held shit and red named.
But most population is too retarded to think about faster quest completion instead of their kill counts.

Not a class for new people at this point.
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2015 at 11:50am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #14 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
palmer01 wrote on Jul 27th, 2015 at 6:50pm:
I was hoping for cc's

If you focus on enchantment you should be able to land will-save spells everywhere except Epic Shavarath and maybe ToEE. The will target numbers are just way lower than fort or reflex.

I'd still recommend PM for heals and lich form awesomeness, but you can also get hypno and dance SLAs in AM for only 6 AP. Spam Hypnotism and Resistable Dance, throw a disco ball every now and then. Parties will like you, soloing will be a pain though.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #15 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 3:56am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jul 28th, 2015 at 11:20pm:
If you focus on enchantment you should be able to land will-save spells everywhere except Epic Shavarath and maybe ToEE. The will target numbers are just way lower than fort or reflex.

I'd still recommend PM for heals and lich form awesomeness, but you can also get hypno and dance SLAs in AM for only 6 AP. Spam Hypnotism and Resistable Dance, throw a disco ball every now and then. Parties will like you, soloing will be a pain though.

There should be a mechanic where three discos in a row causes mobs to fall down and die from exhaustion.

Acute Incurable Disco Fever?
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2015 at 3:56am by Meat-Head »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #16 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
I do run on Khyber.  Always willing to help with gear or questions.  If you don't want gear help, I always welcome a vaultie in group to get some XP and have fun. 

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #17 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
again thanks everyone - the only time i get to look at builds and play is int he wee hours of the weekends. Also, you will note im interested in also potentially building a warlock/splash build. So when I iron out my current drow build and figure out a fun warlock build - ill give you guys a holler. Int he meantime, dont hesitate to throw out more ideas. Im a sponge!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint