Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Best Bladeforged Paladin Choices based on my Gear? (Read 3714 times)
Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Best Bladeforged Paladin Choices based on my Gear?
Aug 7th, 2015 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
I saw this build on the boards and it sounded like a fun way to go with either it or something similar to get 3 pally lives as well as 3 bladeforged lives knocked out but I'm debating the best way to go about it based on my gear, past lives, and Epic Destinies.

I've got a toon with 3 monk/fighter/ranger past lives. Current gear was tailored toward monk levels in each life so only CitW weapons I have are Sireth and Pinion. Docent-wise I have Unsuppressed Quorforged and Epic Blademark's (no higher level ones as I've never played above 20 as a forged). Weapon-wise below 20 I could craft a LitII Falchion - only lacking a shard and I've been soloing the Shroud a bit to try and get it...might have to rope in my kids to come with me for more loot chances. However, I also have a pair of Deathnips and the parts to make a shield from the orchard.

Based on that gear, which direction makes the most sense, at least for the first life? Would I be better off moving forward and making the LitII once I get the shard and following the build I linked as it was laid out? Or would I be better off fitting in the TWF line and using 2 deathnips or the SWF line and using a Deathnip and a Shield. I'm looking to go all-out blitzing stupid offense on this toon as from everything I'm hearing there's not really a need to go with the defensive approach unless you're looking for upper-level EE's. All my ED's are maxed by the way and I plan on running in LD without taking the Cleave/GClv feats (just like was laid out in the build). My gear up to about level 25 is good...higher level gear is suspect as I just came back after about an 18 month break, though I expect that will work itself out in the next life or two.
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2015 at 1:15pm by Darkrok »  

IP Logged

Coasterhops
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Best Bladeforged Paladin Choices based on my Gear?
Reply #1 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Build a Greensteel Great Xbow, add 5 lvls of Rogue, win.

Or just roll with what you want, obviously the nips are fine for heroic content, tbh you don't really even need a GS weapon these days, so maybe don't waste the mats on a Lit II.

As for epic gear there is some pretty decent stuff out there and some pretty good bta gear at higher levels from Epic 3BC, Orchard, ToEE and the new Amrath pack that is really all you need to succeed at end game.
Of course there is some nice stuff in some of the higher end raids but tbh other than Mortal Fear Weapons (way to OP) most of the other stuff can be substituted for lesser gear and not see too much of a loss in regards to survivability and DPS.
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2015 at 7:28pm by Coasterhops »  

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
If I do stick with the Nips would it make more sense to go TWF and sacrifice some con/cha to meet the requirements to do so (I'm thinking 14dex so I don't have to wait on a feat) or go S&B (swapping in the 3 shield feats for the TWF line) and still play it like I want to play it (ie pretending that Vanguard line doesn't exist)? Obvious advantage to the S&B version is that I maintain the option to swap to Vanguard and try it out.

IP Logged

Coasterhops
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
Well I think the thing with making a Bladeforged Pali these days is its difficult to go wrong.

If going for past lives I think I would be aiming for some kind of TWF or whatever floats yah, BF Palis are survivable, they are hard to really muck up as long as you have 14 lvls and holy sword, I think 15 lvls of pali if going melee.

So it's 14 min, 15, 18 or 20 pali, depending on how you want to build it.

18 with two levels of fighter for extra feats etc etc...

TBH I wouldn't bother building greensteel due to not being entirely sure about what you want and then likely tweaking it the next life and maybe using a different fighting style or weapon type.

-Deathnips will get you through all heroic content if TWF.
-Probably some named two hander if you are that way inclined also, Terror at 18 etc.
-Even a Heroic elite axe from GH if going sword and board etc.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Would I get acceptable damage with Deathnip + a Shield going KotC? Don't really care about single target damage that much as I'm going to be zerging EH's more than I'll be running raids so really focused on best cleave/great cleave potential.

I'm thinking you're right right now about the GS though. I've got 3 lives with this and a btc LR I could use if I really hated the S&B style. Might just go with that and try it out and if I'm disappointed I can always LR to the THF line and make the GS then now that I've finished farming the parts for it.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #5 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 11:01am
Print Post  
another voice against lit 2. if you want to go with twohander, try getting any of the following for heroics: SoS, Riftmaker, Shining Devastation, Whirlwind.

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #6 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Aug 8th, 2015 at 11:01am:
another voice against lit 2. if you want to go with twohander, try getting any of the following for heroics: SoS, Riftmaker, Shining Devastation, Whirlwind.

For a melee 'lock THF build, would SOS (not eSOS) acceptable in EH epics for quick iconic past lives/epic past lives?  If not what would you suggest that is somewhat easy to acquire? I am approaching 20 on my 2nd 'lock life and would like to try a melee 'lock for my 3rd one and was thinking of PDK CHA ->dmg with greatswords.

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Aug 8th, 2015 at 11:01am:

Hadn't seen Riftmaker. I think that's going to be life #2 then and I'll try to farm up some epic gear for THF for that life too.

Life #1 I decided to just dive in and try 1h + shield out. So far so good. The survivability is ridiculous compared to anything I've played before and best crit in the Lordsmarch chain was a 1283 smite. Typical non-smite crits in the high-2's/low 3's and has plenty of durability to round up groups of enemies and chain smite. I went just enough in defender for the PRR, just enough in Bladeforged for the recon, 3 points in Vanguard to get +2 to hit and damage, and 33 in KotC at level 15.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Ok, switched up after I got the Riftmaker on my 11th run there since I had the hearts sitting around.

I was blown away by the damage on the S&B version of this. Running it on the THF version with Riftmaker makes the other one look pitiful. The damage difference is insane. Definitely sacrifice a bit of survivability with the shield and shield feats but it's been well worth it for the damage numbers. Top crit now was just under 2k at level 15 on a Marilith. Love the build!

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #9 - Aug 10th, 2015 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 6:49pm:
Ok, switched up after I got the Riftmaker on my 11th run there since I had the hearts sitting around.

I was blown away by the damage on the S&B version of this. Running it on the THF version with Riftmaker makes the other one look pitiful. The damage difference is insane. Definitely sacrifice a bit of survivability with the shield and shield feats but it's been well worth it for the damage numbers. Top crit now was just under 2k at level 15 on a Marilith. Love the build!

Riftmaker looks awesome. I would definitely use that at 14 if I TR into this build again. I also have Cloudburst on a lot of characters, but that is probably more grind than you are looking for.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Aug 12th, 2015 at 7:08am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 10th, 2015 at 11:39pm:
Riftmaker looks awesome. I would definitely use that at 14 if I TR into this build again. I also have Cloudburst on a lot of characters, but that is probably more grind than you are looking for.

Honestly I flagged early for Reaver this life specifically to try for a Cloudburst. Smiley

Decided this is my grind life. Grinding out the Cannith challenges for ring and greataxe (15/16 and 20 both) as well as getting Riftmaker and hopefully some better docents for the early levels. I'm thinking with the crits I should just look to get enough scales to go Black to Flawless Black Dragonscale.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint