Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Best Last Level for 18 Rog Bladeforged XBow Build? (Read 3058 times)
Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Best Last Level for 18 Rog Bladeforged XBow Build?
Sep 2nd, 2015 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Looking at doing some PL's on a Bladeforged ranged rogue. Not interested in messing with a +1 heart so I'm stuck with 1 paladin level. Really leaning 18 rogue since I want the rogue past lives hear anyway and the only compelling split I can see other than 18/2 or 18/1/1 is 15 paladin/5 rogue or 14/6 which wouldn't get me the rogue past life.

Looking at what I get from that paladin second paladin left though I'm not very impressed. Not much in the way of enhancements since I'd be going KTA anyway, Charisma to saves of course but the charisma would just be good, not great. Trying to decide if I'm better off going that route or going 18 rog/1 pal/1 arti to pick up Rapid Reload, Scrolls boost, Magical Training, the nice little lever puller, and summoned bolts.

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Re: Best Last Level for 18 Rog Bladeforged XBow Build?
Reply #1 - Sep 2nd, 2015 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
tallest avatar for range DPS  Cry

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Sep 2nd, 2015 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
Take arty level. Maybe fighter level but ap is tight to grab haste there.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2015 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Another Rogue level would get you another Sneak Attack die and a 4th Special Ability feat.

1 Wizard level would get you a metamagic feat and Magical Training if that has any value to you.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #4 - Sep 3rd, 2015 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
CosmicCharlie wrote on Sep 2nd, 2015 at 9:37pm:
tallest avatar for range DPS  Cry

Yep, only one BF life on my main ranged geezer before I TRed back to a shorter graphic.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Sep 3rd, 2015 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
I'd just go for another paladin level.  cha = 26 (8 base + 11 items + 5 tome + 2 ship) with no investment.  +8 to all saves.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Sep 4th, 2015 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 3rd, 2015 at 2:13pm:
1 Wizard level would get you a metamagic feat and Magical Training if that has any value to you.

This is actually vaguely interesting too for the Invis SLA. Not sure if it's enough to trump the saves of paladin, the free bolts from arti, etc, but I really like taking the SLA on those 1 wizard splashes.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Sep 4th, 2015 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Thought of something else too...if I go Bladeforged here I could see two different ways to go - I could either spend a feat on Insightful Reflexes and not spend a feat on a body type or I could go Adamantine Body which would invalidate evasion but allow for a lot more PRR/MRR as well as Shadow Guardian on the Shadowforged Docent. I'm thinking that pre-28 I'd be better off with the evasion but once I get into the Shadowforged the massive DR tacked on to the PRR/MRR would be better.

I noticed several people talking about the height difference as well. Is it significant enough to make it worth giving up extra PRR/MRR, fortification, and reconstruct and going Shadar Kai instead? I think this past life playing a Bladeforged Paladin has been one of my favorite in a long time as I can actually get into the thick of things and come out alive - haven't had that experience on many of my characters most of which were built to maximize damage instead of survivability. That said, I can see how the size could play a significant role in lining up IPS's. Are Shadar Kai short enough to get significant benefit there? Not being tied to the capstone that build would open up runearms for me as well which would be a nice bonus.

Last thoughts I had if the height is really enough of an issue to make Bladeforged unattractive...would a Morninglord actually do better than a Shadar Kai? If I'm going int-based I get more int, longer point blank/sneak range, heal as a class skill, a cheap heal, nightshield as a spell, magical training...honestly quite a bit there. Then I could either go 19/1 for more sneak damage and an extra feat or 18/1/1 arti for a feat and summon bolts. I could also go halfling and use a 2 million xp stone which would let me pick up an Epic past life on that pass but burn the stone.
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2015 at 1:11pm by Darkrok »  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #8 - Sep 5th, 2015 at 8:51am
Print Post  
You will get different opinions from different people but imo yes even the difference between BF and SK is noticeable. I TRed a BF Monkcher and am very happy I did. It's annoying as piss.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #9 - Sep 7th, 2015 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
I'd go SK. That'll let you go pure or 2 arti. Also the height thing.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint