Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) RangerrDangerrrr (Read 41471 times)
Past 7 days
Ex Member

RangerrDangerrrr
Sep 10th, 2015 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2015 at 4:55am by »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Re: Ranger: Deepwood Stalker Changes
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2015 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Okay so rangers being left in the dust, nada to increase ROF.

If it ain't got crit mods it ain't shit.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Sep 10th, 2015 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
So I just reread this again and looked at my toons and trees, and frankly it's worst than I thought, this really is shit.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Sep 10th, 2015 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
T5 strike with lightning + arcane archer capstone = 40% doubleshot alone.  Although that eats up pretty much all your AP.  Could be interesting.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #4 - Sep 10th, 2015 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Underwhelmed, I was really hoping for a ranged insta-kill.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Sep 10th, 2015 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
It's Meh at best. Also, that Archer's Focus nerf...

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Sep 10th, 2015 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Sep 10th, 2015 at 4:42pm:
T5 strike with lightning + arcane archer capstone = 40% doubleshot alone.  Although that eats up pretty much all your AP.  Could be interesting. 

Couple of problems with it, even with it running you're still putting shots downrange at a slower rate than a GxB with reloader, and at the same time doing less than a 1/3   the damage every shot, +[W]'s etc... Additionally, many other sources of doubleshot are available and for cheaper and without the cap commitment. Plus that dblshot is on timer every time you Manyshot.

Here is the other kicker, if you grab the tierIV dblshot to combine with the capstone you kiss goodbye slaying, and visaversa, you grab slaying you kiss goodbye 40% dblshot, in that case take slaying, even as gimped as it is.

The melee bonuses are just window dressing, to hide the fact that they finally look to be slowing down the OP-a-classpass train, there isn't anything in what they have proposed that will come close to making the DWS competitive.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #7 - Sep 10th, 2015 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Tier 2
~ Faster Sneaking: Now costs 1/1/1 AP.

Who in their right mind would take this? It's completely useless unless you have 5 rogue levels to assassinate and even then I doubt it would stack with the assassin tree. WTF?

Was it too hard to make a melee tree, a ranged tree, a complimentary tree full of buffs/debuffs to work in tandem with the chosen path?

Im not saying the tree is shit (really tempted tough) until I see the changes in the other trees

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #8 - Sep 10th, 2015 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Sep 10th, 2015 at 4:42pm:

Until manyshots debuff is removed Doubleshot just doesn't matter for Bows.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #9 - Sep 10th, 2015 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Couple of problems with it, even with it running you're still putting shots downrange at a slower rate than a GxB with reloader, and at the same time doing less than a 1/3   the damage every shot, +[W]'s etc... Additionally, many other sources of doubleshot are available and for cheaper and without the cap commitment. Plus that dblshot is on timer every time you Manyshot.

Here is the other kicker, if you grab the tierIV dblshot to combine with the capstone you kiss goodbye slaying, and visaversa, you grab slaying you kiss goodbye 40% dblshot, in that case take slaying, even as gimped as it is.

The melee bonuses are just window dressing, to hide the fact that they finally look to be slowing down the OP-a-classpass train, there isn't anything in what they have proposed that will come close to making the DWS competitive.   

idiot
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2015 at 7:52pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Sep 10th, 2015 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Well that is really underwhelming, I can't see any reason to play a DWS in anything Steelstar posted. It strikes me as a tree pass made in a vacuum, totally ignoring the comparative power levels of the last 5 class passes. Or another way to put it, bringing in Melee, and messing with Archer focus is rearranging the deck chairs on a ship that already sunk, the DWS tree really is that gimpy.

Now I was surprised when I saw Steelstar changed Headshot pretty quickly, in a about 5 hours, but on the other hand he has ignored the real meat of the complaints. Much worse, he said they won't be sorting out Manyshot before the pass is done, which backasswards for sure. 

We thinking this is a done deal already, or early days?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #11 - Sep 10th, 2015 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
tl;dr: Not OP, which would have been good if they hadn't set the standard at OP.

Some enhancements make the sense they never did until now. Still....

Congratulations on hitting the old standard, Turbine. With these changes, the Derpwood Stalker will compete favorably with the flavor of the month from ... two years ago?

Quote:
Favored Defense: AP cost reduced to 1/1/1 AP. Is no longer a multi-selector, but instead gives the following benefits against Favored Enemies: +2/+4/+6 to Armor Class, +1/+2/+3 Saving Throws

Sense. (AC never mattered, but at least saves cost something reasonable.)

Quote:
~ Improved Weapon Finesse: This now also applies to Bows.

Sense.

Quote:
Action Boost: Now costs 1/1/1 AP. Multiselector
    * Melee+Ranged Power Boost: (identical to the Knight of the Chalice version)

Sense.

Quote:
Favored Hunter: (1/1/1 AP) You gain +1/+2/+3 to hit and damage against favored enemies. (This moved horizontally to the middle of Tier 3)

Sense

Quote:
Tier Five

All make sense.

(Dis)Honorable mentions:

Quote:
Thrill of the Hunt: AP Cost is reduced to 1/1/1 AP. "You gain +1/+2/+3 damage for 6 seconds after damaging an opponent under 50% health." (% is now the same across all three ranks).

Despite being a sensible improvement over the previous version, this is still utterly nonsensical. Unless it stacks. Does it stack? No? Then it edges out dropping trou and pissing on your own keyboard, but just barely.

Quote:
Leg Shot is now identical to the Mechanic version of the same ability (+2[W] damage)

Sense, but not enough sense. They're saying a sniper is no longer worse at aiming than some fuckwit with a crossbow, but still isn't better. Since a lump of coal has the same range as a composite longbow, differentiation according to range is out. So crossbows should do more damage; bows should produce more cripple/slow/pin/crits.

Quote:
Hunter's Mercy
    * Merciful Shot now works if the target is below 50% health (was 20%). The bane damage scales with 100% Ranged Power.
    * Merciful Strike now works if the target is below 50% health (was 20%). The bane damage scales with 100% Melee Power.

Same problem. 50% sure is better than 20%, but still utter crap b/c tied to sneak.

The rest is either no improvement, or worse. They still don't pass the "Would I rather take this enhancement, or piss on my own keyboard?" test.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #12 - Sep 10th, 2015 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
WeHaveLived wrote on Sep 10th, 2015 at 5:16pm:
It's Meh at best. Also, that Archer's Focus nerf...

~waves to everyone shyly~ Ewos.. would just like to point out, that the archer focus change isnt a neft at all, its exactly what it was before, just better. 2 range power = 2% dmg, but also effects other things that are affected by said ranged power, not just arrow dmg. unless something changed with ranged power to make each point worth less than 1%? who knows.. its been like.. 8 months or so.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #13 - Sep 10th, 2015 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
Maybe they should just un-nerf slaying arrows and call it a day.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #14 - Sep 10th, 2015 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Sep 10th, 2015 at 7:51pm:
idiot

Can you argue why Yardarm is an idiot or it's just your daily bs?

Im not saying he is right or wrong but before calling someone idiot you should debate a little and add reasons. IDIOT

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Sep 10th, 2015 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Sep 10th, 2015 at 7:51pm:
idiot

You need to go cry somewhere else you poor teary eyed little bitch, because people who actually play and know the content they post about are talking here, so there's not really any need for your type. 

Besides, shouldn't you be tying to figure out how to play a rogue past lev 13 anyway? or deleting some more of your old posts...

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Sep 10th, 2015 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Sep 10th, 2015 at 9:20pm:
Can you argue why Yardarm is an idiot or it's just your daily bs?

Im not saying he is right or wrong but before calling someone idiot you should debate a little and add reasons. IDIOT

No mystery, she is just butthurt and humiliated because I spotted and called her out on her own post that exposed the fact that she hadn't known anything about rogues when she  was posting lectures about them a few months ago.

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1441600653

Best to just ignore shim, attention is all it ever wants anyway, it never really gave a shit about stats, builds, or accuracy when it made all those posts. Just another wannbe.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Sep 10th, 2015 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
Bahaha. 69 Basic repeater ranger no longer needs the AA tree, gaining 50 ranged power instead from DWS and Harper. And it was massively OP already in heroics.

Oh, and bows still suck, so I'm not going to even bother addressing what this does to bows.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #18 - Sep 10th, 2015 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Sep 10th, 2015 at 8:43pm:
~waves to everyone shyly~ Ewos.. would just like to point out, that the archer focus change isnt a neft at all, its exactly what it was before, just better. 2 range power = 2% dmg, but also effects other things that are affected by said ranged power, not just arrow dmg. unless something changed with ranged power to make each point worth less than 1%? who knows.. its been like.. 8 months or so.

Someone did some math, so they bumped it to 3 RP per stack.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Sep 11th, 2015 at 12:16am
Print Post  
Quote:

I was more thinking of the xbow AA build someone posted a while ago.  Comparing xbow mech to xbow DWS, it looks pretty solid IMO.  You don't get crit increase, but you get more ranged power and DS.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Sep 11th, 2015 at 12:37am
Print Post  
Quote:
traitor

I cannot believe you aren't going to be my sock anymore. Irreconcilable now

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Sep 11th, 2015 at 2:48am
Print Post  
In-con-SEEV-able!!  Tongue

IP Logged

Past 7 days
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Sep 11th, 2015 at 4:06am
Print Post  
Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2015 at 4:55am by »  

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #23 - Sep 11th, 2015 at 4:32am
Print Post  
Quote:
Hey, everyone. SteelStar here

Hi SteelStar.

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #24 - Sep 11th, 2015 at 4:51am
Print Post  
Really sad about this. Have enjoyed playing my mech through a few quests in full stealth sniper mode (Did Diplomatic impunity with devious bonus yesterday, awesome fun), and was hoping for more of the same joy with DWS as my next life. Sigh, looks like I'll probably just be doing another 8/6/6 build.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint