Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Throwing speed (Read 8524 times)
Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Throwing speed
Sep 13th, 2015 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
I was fiddling with my twists and stumbled upon this:

It is calling out on Feat modifiers, that i assume, are Quick Draw and Rapid Shot which i have.
The 40% one confuses me, but i assume it is both Quick Draw and Rapid shot stacked.
The last one would be Whirling Wrist, obviously, there is no feat giving +60%.

Basically this means the feats don't stack with Whirling Wrist.

Now my question is, why are so many people playing with Quick Draw and Rapid shot on epic levels? Or does everyone swap them with other feats? which I've never seen it mentioned in a build thread.
If you play on shiradi, those are not needed.
If you play on any other destiny, you twist in Whirling wrist.

Or I'm a fucking ignorant noob and I have missed something else.  Huh

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Re: Throwing speed
Reply #1 - Sep 13th, 2015 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Whirling's boost is never overt, it's not listed anywhere because of poor design like several other ranged and throwing boosts.

For your own piece of mind, go buy a couple stacks of non-returning ammo and throw them all with Whirling turned off, then throw them with it on, you will be able to observe and record the difference in ROF, it will be very noticeable. Hopefully this will sort things out for you, Turbine strikes again.

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #2 - Sep 13th, 2015 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Whirling's boost is never overt, it's not listed anywhere because of poor design like several other ranged and throwing boosts.

For your own piece of mind, go buy a couple stacks of non-returning ammo and throw them all with Whirling turned off, then throw them with it on, you will be able to observe and record the difference in ROF, it will be very noticeable. Hopefully this will sort things out for you, Turbine strikes again.

I did compare it, but that is not the issue. If it were stacking, that would be a 120% alacrity, which would be way faster than we're throwing right now.
Video below.

https://vid.me/QXi6

Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 13th, 2015 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Actually it does, and I am sorry to have to tell you that  visuals mean nothing. But why don't we walk through this, did you record how long to throw 3 separate sets of 100 without it on for a averaged result, and then did you throw 3 separate sets of 100 with it on?

If so what was the average time to 100 for each set?

« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2015 at 10:13pm by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #4 - Sep 13th, 2015 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Because throwing speed like many systems in this game do not work as described.

Large sources of boosts to ranged throwing speed do not give the increase stated, and when you take them they reduce the real world throwing speed of other boosts.

The biggest throwing speed factors are:

BaB (enormous)
Whirling Wrists
Speed I-XV/Enhancement
Rapid Shot
Quickdraw
Gilv Set/Mechanic

Whirling Wrists, if you had NO OTHER SOURCES of alacrity trained or equipped, would in fact speed up your animation by about 60%, mitigated by your BaB for the test (which is impossible to test at BaB 1 obviously since you need lvl 20 for Whirling Wrists).

This is the reason some of my testing on the main forums is incomplete for throwing speed. Some things simply cant be tested (like Whirling Wrists unmitigated by BaB).

Here are some tests I did last month:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/463636-Some-New-Thrower-Builds?p=56616...

Unlike some on this forum I don't require people to PM me for secret spreadsheets. I'll happily share whatever I do and don't know.
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2015 at 10:31pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #5 - Sep 13th, 2015 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
Halfmaniac wrote on Sep 13th, 2015 at 9:36pm:
I did compare it, but that is not the issue. If it were stacking, that would be a 120% alacrity, which would be way faster than we're throwing right now.
Video below.

https://vid.me/QXi6

In your video your character on the left is throwing a good deal faster than the one on the left. What else did you have trained for the video?

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #6 - Sep 13th, 2015 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
I also have this test from July

image hosting no registration
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2015 at 10:28pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #7 - Sep 13th, 2015 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
Halfmaniac wrote on Sep 13th, 2015 at 8:25pm:
Or I'm a fucking ignorant noob and I have missed something else.  Huh

This.

Your effects log is simply stating that the three tiers of Whirling Wrists do not stack with each other.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #8 - Sep 13th, 2015 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Sep 13th, 2015 at 10:14pm:

Amazing analysis.
Looks like this goes way deeper than i thought...

harharharhar wrote on Sep 13th, 2015 at 10:19pm:
In your video your character on the left is throwing a good deal faster than the one on the left. What else did you have trained for the video?

My setup:
Quick draw
Rapid shot
Blinding speed
Whirling wrist

I had no idea i needed to test it with sets or whatever, i thought it was all based on visuals.
So what's the end conclusion? Is it worth it to max it all the way? Do we need to use Gilveanor's set?

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Sep 14th, 2015 at 12:00am
Print Post  
Halfmaniac wrote on Sep 13th, 2015 at 9:36pm:
Video below.

You will want to do tests, at the very least 3 sets of 100 for each set up.

Doing rigorous tests are the only way to have a understanding of what is really going on with the character in question, or a build you are working on.

harharharhar wrote on Sep 13th, 2015 at 10:14pm:
Unlike some on this forum I don't require people to PM me for secret spreadsheets. I'll happily share whatever I do and don't know.

Oh do give it a rest, would you?

The reality is that you are threatened by anyone else's expertise on your pet topic, so you treat them like shit, post childish rude things you would never have the nerve to say in person, and make a spectacle of yourself regularly before having a post-spectacle tantrum like clock-work.

It's not a mystery Harharhar, in fact it is actually very simple, if you knew how to treat others politely and with respect they would be willing and eager to teach you and share information. But when you insist on acting the petty fool, and making ratbag posts that is exactly how you will be treated.

It's all on you lad. 
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2015 at 12:04am by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #10 - Sep 14th, 2015 at 1:33am
Print Post  
Halfmaniac wrote on Sep 13th, 2015 at 10:45pm:
Amazing analysis.
Looks like this goes way deeper than i thought...

My setup:
Quick draw
Rapid shot
Blinding speed
Whirling wrist

I had no idea i needed to test it with sets or whatever, i thought it was all based on visuals.
So what's the end conclusion? Is it worth it to max it all the way? Do we need to use Gilveanor's set?

the take away here is that if you have 3 levels of Whirling Wrists (WW) and Tensers all the time, you don't really need much else. You will get an almost unnoticeable boost from Gilv/Echos/Mech, but especially if you use more than one of them (like you'll see a couple percent difference from the first 10% effect, and after that it becomes difficult to measure outside of longer fights where you might actually throw 50-100 times like a big Red Named EE boss).

But definitely don't skip on Rapid Shot and Quickdraw.

The thing to remember in any throwing calculation is that your throwing speed is the coefficient in front of every single other number in the damage equation. Nothing increases your damage as unilaterally as throwing speed. So while you don't need to go nuts, maxing BaB and using WW is a must, and besides Haste/Speed, the rest is pretty much gravy.

And Forest, fuck off. I never said shit to you until you started backing up that cunt Hag. And you're a pompous cunt to start with, with your pompous cunt spreadsheet.
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2015 at 1:34am by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Sep 14th, 2015 at 2:08am
Print Post  
So let's see now, I said:
Quote:
The reality is that you are threatened by anyone else's expertise on your pet topic, so you treat them like shit, post childish rude things you would never have the nerve to say in person, and make a spectacle of yourself regularly before having a post-spectacle tantrum like clock-work.

And you replied with:

harharharhar wrote on Sep 14th, 2015 at 1:33am:
And Forest, fuck off. I never said shit to you until you started backing up that cunt Hag. And you're a pompous cunt to start with, with your pompous cunt spreadsheet.

Thank you, this was a perfect example of your behavior.

So, because I had the nerve to agree with someone you didn't like for whatever little melodrama reasoning, and because I take the time to research and share full and proper data sets that you felt threatened your inaccurate ad-hoc understanding of the game it was important for you to post abusive, juvenile and dramabaiting comments?

Good to know. 

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Sep 14th, 2015 at 8:56am
Print Post  
Quote:
important for you to post abusive, juvenile and dramabaiting comments?

is what I'm good at.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #13 - Sep 14th, 2015 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
So let's see now, I said:

And you replied with:

Thank you, this was a perfect example of your behavior.

So, because I had the nerve to agree with someone you didn't like for whatever little melodrama reasoning, and because I take the time to research and share full and proper data sets that you felt threatened your inaccurate ad-hoc understanding of the game it was important for you to post abusive, juvenile and dramabaiting comments?

Good to know. 

Don't confuse being annoyed by your over the top snarkiness and superiority complex (as well as arrogance and willingness to suggest  that 9 years of playing this game with scrutiny has left me not understanding it's systems you fucktard) with feeling threatened.

Who's drama baiting? You love to wade into conversations with a fucking Pope hat on and your hand up and be all like "the Forest has decided to anoint the plebs with the following incontrovertible but utterly opaque pronouncements on The Game"

Dude, pull the major league bat out of your ass and stop pretending to be some fucking DDO professor on tenure track.

I'm glad you test shit, and I'm not the only one who cares about knowing what's actually going on with the game left on Vault besides 5 Foot (Munk sued to be but he's totally checked out).

But that doesn't give you any license to come in and be an arrogant prick. My understanding is no more ad hoc than you. I've spent many many more hours testing (specific to throwing) than anyone else here, probably you included. But then again I can't be sure, because with you everything must be taken "on faith".

At least I post my test results and give them the light of day for people to prove me wrong. You remain hidden behind your pseudo-intellectual trade secret bullshit. I don't care if you spend 1000 hours testing, you're still a shit cunt elitist prick.

I may be loud mouthed, obnoxious, grating, and rude, but at least I'm trying to help people here, and share what I have with everyone. Builds, tests, data, whatever. I'd rather be an asshole who's useful to people than a fake-polite self-important grandstander like you.
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2015 at 2:51pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #14 - Sep 14th, 2015 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Sep 14th, 2015 at 1:33am:
And you're a pompous cunt to start with, with your pompous cunt spreadsheet.

I love this fucking statement so fucking much fuck.

Disregarding who is or is not the douchebag flavor of the week, it's just the fact that a spreadsheet insult can be thrown around that shows vaulties still share a deep core made entirely of nerdtanium.

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Sep 14th, 2015 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Sep 14th, 2015 at 2:49pm:
I may be loud mouthed, obnoxious, grating, and rude, but at least I'm trying to help people here, and share what I have with everyone. Builds, tests, data, whatever. I'd rather be an asshole who's useful to people than a fake-polite self-important grandstander like you.

I'm going to call bullshit here, as I'm guessing Forest will be unwilling to get down in the mud with a dramaqueen like you, and because I'm still pissed about you lying about rogues. That deserves a bit more shaming, and I'm just the guy to do it. 

So, you are "trying to help people here"? really?

harharharhar wrote on Sep 7th, 2015 at 1:39pm:
That's correct, having never played a rogue character over 13, I did not know you couldn't take it twice.

That's the post you made by accident, a couple months after lecturing the Vault all about rogues for weeks while the subject was 'hot' and in the spotlight.

Why does it matter? Because posting while pretending to be a authority on a subject you don't know is not "trying to help" it is in fact, trying to get attention.

Lastly, you said, "I'd rather be an asshole who's useful to people than a fake-polite self-important grandstander like you."

Well, first of all, made up data, self-promotion, and constant whining are not "useful".

Secondly, while you are trying to go after Forest again you missed a few things that don't support your whining, see Forest doesn't have a fraction of the number of posts you do, and in them he has gone out of his way to be genuinely polite in the face of abuse, and finally to my eye the only person who has attached any "importance" to posts made by Forest is you. So, hardly Grand-standing or fake politeness.

It must be hard for you to see that your problem is you, because your own jealousy and butthurt that he seems to be respected in a way you haven't been for the last year and wish you could be.

« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2015 at 6:41pm by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #16 - Sep 14th, 2015 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Quote:
bunch of stupid shit wasting peoples time

No one was talking to you. No one is ever talking to you. No one has ever been a more obnoxious or irrelevant twit than you in the history of the Vault.

I'm pretty sure you are 13 years old.

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Sep 14th, 2015 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
Oh boy, looks like I touched a nerve, made you bark and whine some more because of your precious ego, excellent. 

Let's be honest Harharhar the person doing the most damage to the vault these days is you, you have become so desperate for attention and so jealous of everyone else who isn't that you are dragging the Vault through your daily ego-crisis, and it's a bore.

So let's take another look at the helpful post that exposes you for the jealous little kid you are, and made you lash out again:

Quote:
I'm going to call bullshit here, as I'm guessing Forest will be unwilling to get down in the mud with a dramaqueen like you, and because I'm still pissed about you lying about rogues. That deserves a bit more shaming, and I'm just the guy to do it. 

So, you are "trying to help people here"? really?

That's the post you made by accident, a couple months after lecturing the Vault all about rogues for weeks while the subject was 'hot' and in the spotlight.

Why does it matter? Because posting while pretending to be a authority on a subject you don't know is not "trying to help" it is in fact, trying to get attention.

Lastly, you said, "I'd rather be an asshole who's useful to people than a fake-polite self-important grandstander like you."

Well, first of all, made up data, self-promotion, and constant whining are not "useful".

Secondly, while you are trying to go after Forest again you missed a few things that don't support your whining, see Forest doesn't have a fraction of the number of posts you do, and in them he has gone out of his way to be genuinely polite in the face of abuse, and finally to my eye the only person who has attached any "importance" to posts made by Forest is you. So, hardly Grand-standing or fake politeness.

It must be hard for you to see that your problem is you, because your own jealousy and butthurt that he seems to be respected in a way you haven't been for the last year and wish you could be.

« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2015 at 8:04pm by »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Sep 15th, 2015 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
+10

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #19 - Sep 15th, 2015 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
You should be able to test whirling wrists at BAB 1.

Go to a pvp arena with someone and have them negative level you.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Sep 15th, 2015 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Sep 15th, 2015 at 11:01pm:

Fucking brilliant.

God we miss you.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #21 - Sep 16th, 2015 at 1:32am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Sep 15th, 2015 at 11:01pm:

ooh that's good

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #22 - Sep 16th, 2015 at 3:32am
Print Post  
No point in missing me, Im still here. I just don't post much in this section anymore, as I haven't kept up with changes and rarely have anything worthwhile to contribute.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Sep 16th, 2015 at 3:36am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Sep 16th, 2015 at 3:32am:
I just don't post much in this section anymore, as I haven't kept up with changes and rarely have anything worthwhile to contribute.

Hell man, that's never stopped Notharharhar! #rogues?
« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2015 at 3:38am by Grand »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Sep 16th, 2015 at 5:32am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Sep 16th, 2015 at 3:32am:
I just don't post much in this section anymore, as I haven't kept up with changes

meh. you still have a ton of good advice to offer. The majority of changes are in the new tress for recent class passes. Not really too much youre missing.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint