Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Scaling And Mob Changes On Lv30 Quests For U28 (Read 9854 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Scaling And Mob Changes On Lv30 Quests For U28
Sep 26th, 2015 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Apparently

Release notes :

Quote:
Monster autoscaling for level 30 quests has been removed, and monster stats for level 30 quests have been manually adjusted. This applies to any CR 30 quest (Level 28 quests on Elite, for example.)

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/465680-Ranger-Enemies-Got-A-Big-Buff

Varg's post :

Quote:
Short version: We are very interested in your feedback when playing level 30 quests in Update 28 onwards, in regards to monster balance. In particular, please pay attention to monster saving throws.

To give some clarification:

Any changes are going to be primarily noticeable on Epic Elite, and barely noticeable on Epic Normal.
For years there's been a sort of behind the scenes in-code "autobalancer" that's automatically adjusted many monster statistics "on the fly", based on quest level and difficulty.
We want to get away from using this, as with higher and higher levels the automatic scaling does things we don't really want it to, and it means the literal data files are not representing the actual strength of the monsters. This makes it harder for us to get a good read on exact monster strengths, etc. So in the future, at least, we're not going to use this tool, which will make things simpler and faster for us to create and balance monsters (and not surprise new team members with monsters that are stronger than they actually statted them).

These were all done using very precise math, so we know what the autoscaler was doing. We just want to eliminate that extra step going on. So we've turned off the autoscaler for Level 30 quests (on Normal), and we fixed the non-scaled, static monster values to what we wanted them to be (we basically did the math the autoscaler was doing already).

We did take this opportunity to intentionally lower some numbers. In particular, saving throws for many monsters are going to be quite a bit lower. Some hitpoints have gone down as well.
Yes, there is a chance that the large amount of changes could include errors. Your attention to monsters and feedback is considered very helpful here!

Going forward into the future, this is definitely a clear win for us - we expect to be able to create and balance monsters more quickly and more accurately across the entire team, with less chance for unexpected behavior.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/465625-Downtime-Notice-8-00-AM-11-00-A...

Varg :

Quote:
All monster saving throws were subject to change for all level 30 quests, amongst other monster statistics (but mostly saving throws).

This includes:
Defiler of the Just • Demon Assault • Fire on Thunder Peak • Grim and Barett • Multitude of Menace • Subversion • Tavern Brawl (quest) • Temple of Elemental Evil Part One • Temple of Elemental Evil Part Two• Temple of the Deathwyrm • The Archons' Trial • The Devil's Details • The Mark of Death • The Mask of Deception

(of course the newest, U28 quests weren't really "changed" per se)

The first thread linked in post has people saying ToEE has become crazy, with (normal non-champion, non-orange) archers doing 200+ on toons with over 100prr.

Haven't gone back to ToEE in a while. Guess I got something to do in DDO today.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Re: Scaling And Mob Changes On Lv30 Quests For U28
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2015 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Archers in the new stuff hit pretty fucking hard on EE. More so than the melee

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2015 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Sep 26th, 2015 at 3:58pm:
Archers in the new stuff hit pretty fucking hard on EE. More so than the melee

yeah, for sure. I noticed some inc damage spikes on my shiradi and mech, that normally never occurs. Did the quests twice on ee. Haven't checked out ToEE yet.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Holyavatar
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Sep 26th, 2015 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/465793-Did-they-steathy-increased-EE-d...
i think for melees only tree can solo EE TOEE nao..i was like WDF Cry

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Sep 26th, 2015 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
Holyavatar wrote on Sep 26th, 2015 at 4:24pm:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/465793-Did-they-steathy-increased-EE-d...
i think for melees only tree can solo EE TOEE nao..i was like WDF Cry

very odd. just went in solo on pally mech 148 prr. cr 63 mobs w/ hp at 6-8k, but damage output was noticeably increased. archers would get me down to half my hp(600) in couple of shots. Then they melee for an even higher amount. With a bow equipped. Still manageable on the toon tho. Laziest build ever. Just space bar and attack button with occasional boosts and displace clickie. Can't possibly be a lazier build

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #5 - Sep 26th, 2015 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
It's really fun now.
Just did couple part 1 runs on my 59 prr/780 hp assassin with my warlock friend.
Mob pulling, line of sight use, respect for groups of mobs.
Awesome change. Should be every EE from 20 - 28.

IP Logged

yardarm_
Toothless Molehunter

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Sep 26th, 2015 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Sep 26th, 2015 at 6:22pm:
It's really fun now.
Just did couple part 1 runs on my 59 prr/780 hp assassin with my warlock friend.
Mob pulling, line of sight use, respect for groups of mobs.
Awesome change. Should be every EE from 20 - 28.

WTF ? 800 hp and 60 prr ? Fucking retard  Grin.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Sep 26th, 2015 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
yardarm_ wrote on Sep 26th, 2015 at 6:33pm:
800 hp and 60 prr

probably doesnt have barb and primal lives and also divine/pdk either. not much else in pure rogue from AP.

guessing 35 sheltering item
21 in light with rogue bab at lv 28?
5 circle of malevolence

IP Logged

Erofen
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Sep 26th, 2015 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 26th, 2015 at 6:54pm:
probably doesnt have barb and primal lives and also divine/pdk either. not much else in pure rogue from AP.

guessing 35 sheltering item
21 in light with rogue bab at lv 28?
5 circle of malevolence

^This

Though to reach 59 you would replace circle with assassin t5.
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2015 at 7:04pm by Erofen »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Sep 26th, 2015 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Erofen wrote on Sep 26th, 2015 at 7:01pm:
Though to reach 59 you would replace circle with assassin t5.

Never tried gearing an assassin. or playing one either. What rings would one wear? New Doj ring and circle came to mind. epic assassins kiss for assassinate dc and imp deception on weapon. backstabber gloves for imp dec item?

exactly at 60 would be :

25 item
5 circle
21 armor
6 assassin t5
3 from pdk/divine x1
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2015 at 7:19pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Erofen
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Sep 26th, 2015 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 26th, 2015 at 7:10pm:
Never tried gearing an assassin. or playing one either. What rings would one wear? New Doj ring and cicrcle came to mind. epic assassins kiss for assassinate dc and imp deception on weapon. backstabber gloves for imp dec item?

grrrrr

incite for rogue? try again
I like the ring of shadows.

Not sure if/how deception stacks on that ring, but ring of deceit is also a commonly used option.

Also I think a 28 would get 22 prr from armor no? 10 + 2 + (21/2)

« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2015 at 7:18pm by Erofen »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Sep 26th, 2015 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
Erofen wrote on Sep 26th, 2015 at 7:17pm:
incite for rogue?

are you going to make me roll one just to show you how incite doesnt even matter

IP Logged

Erofen
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Sep 26th, 2015 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 26th, 2015 at 7:20pm:
are you going to make me roll one just to show you how incite doesnt even matter

heh I forgot :p
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2015 at 7:24pm by Erofen »  

IP Logged

Billy the Id
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Sep 26th, 2015 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
yardarm_ wrote on Sep 26th, 2015 at 6:33pm:
WTF ? 800 hp and 60 prr ? Fucking retard  Grin.

Hey look everyone Devilyouknow is here trying to post.

IP Logged

yardarm_
Toothless Molehunter

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Sep 26th, 2015 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hey look everyone Devilyouknow is here trying to post.

Hi, welcome.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #15 - Sep 26th, 2015 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
yardarm_ wrote on Sep 26th, 2015 at 9:54pm:
Hi, welcome.

How'd you like that ass-raping you got in your Ranger thread on the MOBO?

Jesus Christ, you're a whiny little bitch.
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2015 at 10:34pm by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

yardarm_
Toothless Molehunter

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Sep 26th, 2015 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Sep 26th, 2015 at 10:33pm:
How'd you like that ass-raping you got in your Ranger thread on the MOBO?

Jesus Christ, you're a whiny little bitch.

Lol what ? God you are so stupid, it is almost pitiful.

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Sep 26th, 2015 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
Actually it does look that way Yardarm_, to an outside reader your positional points keep changing on that thread and many posters do seem to be crucifying you. 

I would think that it would be much more worrying for you that it all seems to have the tacit approval of Turbine, almost every poster that really embarrassed you on Thursday and Friday are still posting, even the ones that posted the Memes making fun of you publicly. Heck even the Memes are still posted and un-pulled. Looks like your unfounded complaints and alarm have birthed an unholy marriage between Fanboi and Turbycritics.

Which while impressive, should probably worry you.

Oh here is one last thing, you may not be aware of it, but when you log on here and on the forums it shows you logging on and logging off both at the same time Devilyouknow.

You should consider turning off the "stay logged on" option for at least one, or both unless you don't mind people being able to see it's you.

I just thought I would offer the suggestion, to be honest I can never tell if you are trying to hide who you are day to day, because you are pretty inconsistent and random.

Food for thought.
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2015 at 12:08am by »  

IP Logged

yardarm_
Toothless Molehunter

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Sep 27th, 2015 at 12:44am
Print Post  
Quote:
Actually it does look that way Yardarm_, to an outside reader your positional points keep changing on that thread and many posters do seem to be crucifying you. 

I would think that it would be much more worrying for you that it all seems to have the tacit approval of Turbine, almost every poster that really embarrassed you on Thursday and Friday are still posting, even the ones that posted the Memes making fun of you publicly. Heck even the Memes are still posted and un-pulled. Looks like your unfounded complaints and alarm have birthed an unholy marriage between Fanboi and Turbycritics.

Oh here is one last thing, you may not be aware of it, but when you log on here and on the forums it shows you logging on and logging off both at the same time Devilyouknow.

You should consider turning off the "stay logged on" option for at least one, or both unless you don't mind people being able to see it's you.

I just thought I would offer the suggestion, to be honest I can never tell if you are trying to hide who you are day to day, because you are pretty inconsistent and random.

Food for thought.

Idiot

IP Logged

Flipton
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Sep 27th, 2015 at 1:23am
Print Post  
yardarm_ wrote on Sep 27th, 2015 at 12:44am:
Quote:

Food for thought.

Idiot

In what way was he a idiot? seemed like a good post and some helpful advice, so what am I missing that makes him a idiot?

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #20 - Sep 27th, 2015 at 5:08am
Print Post  
Quote:
so what am I missing that makes him a idiot?

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #21 - Sep 27th, 2015 at 5:51am
Print Post  
yardarm_ wrote on Sep 27th, 2015 at 12:44am:
Idiot

Hmmm.....
harharharhar wrote on Sep 10th, 2015 at 7:51pm:
idiot

IP Logged

Vic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Sep 27th, 2015 at 7:11am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Sep 27th, 2015 at 5:51am:
Hmmm.....

confirmed?

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #23 - Sep 27th, 2015 at 8:05am
Print Post  
Vic wrote on Sep 27th, 2015 at 7:11am:
confirmed?

No but... interesting that they have the:
Same egotistical superiority complex over a computer game
Same dismissive attitude toward anyone who is not them/him
Same thin skin (when I insulted Pescha in another thread, DumpStat jumped to his defence)
Same limited vocabulary
Same boner for Yardarm

I'm not sure (can't be bothered wasting mins checking), but at a wild guess, same server??    Huh
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2015 at 8:11am by DropBear »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #24 - Sep 27th, 2015 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Ran an EE GoP last night 6 man full of guildies and it was like a slap in the face.  Zombies were hitting for 450-500 after PRR.  Had 150% fort and was getting hit for 1100 crits regularly.  I'd ran that two weeks ago on EE in a pug two weeks ago and it was a cake walk.  And then there were the champions.  We completed, but it was rough.  I'm not used to dying in quest all that often.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint