Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Need a good build for solo ee content (Read 8679 times)
gimpforlife
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Need a good build for solo ee content
Oct 5th, 2015 at 2:15am
Print Post  
Hi there about to tr my bard 36 points searching for a good dps survivability build, i tried wolf build before couldnt do much might i was advised wrong but i saw others doing it i couldnt understand what and where i was wrong,

i saw tilo warlock build it looks solid 13warlock/4fighter/3barb
do someone has the build breakdown and enhancment screen shot and level progression and what gears,

i have following past lifes and epic pastlifes

x3fighter
x3ranger
x3barb
x3monk
x3rogue
x3wiz
x3pally
x1fvs
x1druid
x1cleric
x1bard about to complete
xwarlock

x3pdk
x3bladeforge
x3shadarkai

Epic lifes
x2color of queen
x1double strike

am searching for good dps and survivablity build like tree build or the max dps build gears and weapons i have most and can farm also my toon is all +5 tomes

Thanks

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Re: Need a good build for solo ee content
Reply #1 - Oct 5th, 2015 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #2 - Oct 5th, 2015 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
yeah the tree build thread is super interesting but definitely a little hard to wade through and get an actual build recommendation from it. That might be partially intentional.

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #3 - Oct 5th, 2015 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
Lots of PL's. You've been around a while. What are your other forum names here and on the "official DDO forums"?  What server and character names? 14/f/cali willing to hjalp.

IP Logged

Jock McSock
Korthos Resident

Reply #4 - Oct 5th, 2015 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Make a druid wolf build (again).

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1430127586 covers it.
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2015 at 2:59pm by Jock McSock »  

Not actually a sock since 2015.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #5 - Oct 5th, 2015 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
gimpforlife wrote on Oct 5th, 2015 at 2:15am:
i was advised wrong but i saw others doing it i couldnt understand what and where i was wrong,

You were probably advised correctly for your name.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Oct 5th, 2015 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Melee:
15 Bard 3 Fighter 2 Rogue
20 Paladin (Vanguard or KotC)
20 Barbarian

Caster:
20 Warlock
12 FVS 6 Wizard 2 Paladin shiradi spammer

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Oct 5th, 2015 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
Tree Build - Supreme Cleaveage

Feats and level order

(Stats as per tomes and build points, extra stats into high con, decent others.

Enhancements

Gear

The build doesn't need exact stats, tomes or gear outside of a main hand weapon with high damage die because it is Supreme Cleavage and the base defense and damage are so high. Try DAxe with Axe of Famine for even more relaxing game play instead of BSword.

It doesn't even need twists, and would be epic on a first life character (take 6 barb to start in primal sphere). Consecrate-Sacred Ground allows for bigger or pulls in between Shining Through/Cocoon cool downs.
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2015 at 5:14pm by »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #8 - Oct 5th, 2015 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
gimpforlife wrote on Oct 5th, 2015 at 2:15am:
Hi there about to tr my bard 36 points searching for a good dps survivability build, i tried wolf build before couldnt do much might i was advised wrong but i saw others doing it i couldnt understand what and where i was wrong,

i saw tilo warlock build it looks solid 13warlock/4fighter/3barb
do someone has the build breakdown and enhancment screen shot and level progression and what gears,

i have following past lifes and epic pastlifes

x3fighter
x3ranger
x3barb
x3monk
x3rogue
x3wiz
x3pally
x1fvs
x1druid
x1cleric
x1bard about to complete
xwarlock

x3pdk
x3bladeforge
x3shadarkai

Epic lifes
x2color of queen
x1double strike

am searching for good dps and survivablity build like tree build or the max dps build gears and weapons i have most and can farm also my toon is all +5 tomes

Thanks

Unless I'm missing something, you are 1 arti life from completionist feat.  I'd do that first, then look for an EE soloer build.  Just about any EE solo build will benefit from completionist.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Oct 5th, 2015 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Jock, DoRay, and Tilo covered every thing you would need. There is also mechs, pally based mechs, and pally based tempest. Think that is every OP build in the game.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #10 - Oct 5th, 2015 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
I solo EE's all day long on:

Halfling 11 Rogue/6Ranger/3 Monk Shuriken throwers. Especially now that DWS is much improved.

9Rog/8Ran/3Mnk us also good for Emp Heal, another FE, and only moderately less damage.

And of course, a pure 20 Monk (Drow or pref. Human for dual boosts) with a Shadowstar and/or Min 2 GS in Divine Crusader will rip very hard with basically autocrits. You can also do this to very slightly less effect with the ranger/rogue splits as well. (crit on a 7 instead of a 5).

Personally I like the pure class the least because it has the least "active" and "burst" options that ranger/rogue splits have which when used properly with IPS and boosts make an insane amount of difference in DPS output. Specifically, Sniper Shot, Merciful Shot, and Headshot. Head shot and Sniper shot means you basically will always have Sneak Attack damage, and Merciful shot with it's new scaling and under 50% health requirement means it's basically around 3000-4000 damage (average 3 projectiles per click, 500 damage scaled with about 150 Ranged Power). Before someone comes and argues about 10k being burst, With DWS changes it is now simple to have:

3x ePL Doubleshot: 9%
Epic Feat: 10%
DWS T5: 20%
Quiver: 8% or Divine Crusader: 10%
That's a standing 47%-49% DS, with Killer (much improved with a slower timer though only when trash is around to kill) boosting that up to 67%-69% for 90% of 100% of quests.

So while you get more stars during 10k, over 1 minute it's totally moot, and over more minutes probably a net DPS loss.
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2015 at 5:52pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #11 - Oct 5th, 2015 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Oct 5th, 2015 at 12:36pm:
Hi Welcome

Hullo Thanks

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

gimpforlife
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Oct 6th, 2015 at 9:26am
Print Post  
Quote:
Tree Build - Supreme Cleaveage

Feats and level order

(Stats as per tomes and build points, extra stats into high con, decent others.

Enhancements

Gear

The build doesn't need exact stats, tomes or gear outside of a main hand weapon with high damage die because it is Supreme Cleavage and the base defense and damage are so high. Try DAxe with Axe of Famine for even more relaxing game play instead of BSword.

It doesn't even need twists, and would be epic on a first life character (take 6 barb to start in primal sphere). Consecrate-Sacred Ground allows for bigger or pulls in between Shining Through/Cocoon cool downs.

Thanks very very much for the help Smiley

IP Logged

gimpforlife
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Oct 6th, 2015 at 9:28am
Print Post  
CosmicCharlie wrote on Oct 5th, 2015 at 2:24pm:
Lots of PL's. You've been around a while. What are your other forum names here and on the "official DDO forums"?  What server and character names? 14/f/cali willing to hjalp.

This is my first forum name i joined recently on ddo forums
it is rockingsuphastar

I play on Argonessen

Toons

Terabytes
Smiley

IP Logged

gimpforlife
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Oct 6th, 2015 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 5th, 2015 at 5:28pm:
Jock, DoRay, and Tilo covered every thing you would need. There is also mechs, pally based mechs, and pally based tempest. Think that is every OP build in the game.

Thanks everyone for the help, i thought about gonna get my completionist done and get few more epic past lifes once again thanks all Smiley

IP Logged

gimpforlife
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Oct 6th, 2015 at 9:33am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 5th, 2015 at 4:54pm:
Unless I'm missing something, you are 1 arti life from completionist feat.  I'd do that first, then look for an EE soloer build.  Just about any EE solo build will benefit from completionist.

yeah i thought about that will do my completionist first then few more epic lifes Smiley recent in past 2 lifes i was having problem surviving in ee content dunno i messed my builds or what couldnt understand properly has the game mechanics changed or i messed up

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Oct 6th, 2015 at 9:51am
Print Post  
gimpforlife wrote on Oct 6th, 2015 at 9:33am:
surviving in ee

focus on healing, displace/ghostly/lesser displ/dodge, prr/mrr, dr, and saves.

get immunity like fom, death ward, gh for fear, augment for blind imm, harper pin, fire/ice shield, nightshield/shield, spell absorption items, poison pots for poison damage mobs. 

gimpforlife wrote on Oct 6th, 2015 at 9:30am:
epic past lifes

these pay off more than heroic lives. aside for dc from sorc/clr/ftr and active feats like wiz/bard past life. nothing else really compares with 36 prr, 145 hp and elemental absorption + whatever else each stance grants.
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2015 at 9:55am by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #17 - Oct 6th, 2015 at 10:26am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 6th, 2015 at 9:51am:
these pay off more than heroic lives. aside for dc from sorc/clr/ftr and active feats like wiz/bard past life. nothing else really compares with 36 prr, 145 hp and elemental absorption + whatever else each stance grants.

Ranged too maybe? +9 damage from ranger PLs seems pretty sweet. Equivalent to a +18 stat boost. Or is that not the way it works? I'm just doing my first ranger PL at the moment, so this interests me.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Oct 6th, 2015 at 10:31am
Print Post  
totally wrote on Oct 6th, 2015 at 10:26am:
+9 damage from ranger PLs seems pretty sweet

it is very good. 3 monk + ranger are great. I still think getting epic completionist, fate points, and stacked passives with 4 epic stances beats out heroic lives.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Oct 6th, 2015 at 10:48am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 6th, 2015 at 10:31am:
it is very good. 3 monk + ranger are great. I still think getting epic completionist, fate points, and stacked passives with 4 epic stances beats out heroic lives.

I agree.  I have an epic completionist (he has 18 epic past lives actually I think) with NO heroic past lives.  I also have a 36 pointer with 6 or 7 heroic past lives and 2 epic past lives.

The epic completionist blows the other guy out of the water in all content almost regardless of build.

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #20 - Oct 6th, 2015 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Blagh. I was thinking of doing ETR + HTR each life. I still like running heroic content, but I guess it makes more sense to do the ETR interspersed with ITR thing I've seen floating around (something somehing maximizing xp from sagas).

EDIT: Thinking about it, fuck it, I'll probably just carry on playing whatever I like. It's not like I have an end goal in mind or anything.

EDIT EDIT: Apart from eventually having a viable monk again Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2015 at 2:08pm by totally »  

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Oct 6th, 2015 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 5th, 2015 at 5:28pm:

Forgot about these.  If you have the stomach for it a dex based Bladeforged staff Rogue/Wizard/Paladin is very strong and self sufficient.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #22 - Oct 6th, 2015 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
gimpforlife wrote on Oct 6th, 2015 at 9:33am:
recent in past 2 lifes i was having problem surviving in ee content dunno i messed my builds or what couldnt understand properly has the game mechanics changed or i messed up

Maybe the recent scaling changes? I've noticed a difference in both EH & EE.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Oct 6th, 2015 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
totally wrote on Oct 6th, 2015 at 11:02am:
viable monk again

some day we will QP again. Stay stronk brethren

DoRayEgon wrote on Oct 6th, 2015 at 5:38pm:
dex based Bladeforged staff Rogue/Wizard/Paladin is very strong and self sufficient.

even fleshie pure rogue acrobats, or monk splashed can do well. Ash has a good build listed here
http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1431043274

I saw Nekobyte solo Ranks with a fleshie acrobat and used only 2 displace clickies(impressive for something under 200+ prr or barb heals, or lay hands, or recon, or consecrated ground).

IP Logged

Wight
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Oct 6th, 2015 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Jake,  Do you have the 11/6/3 build written up anywhere on the forums with feats and gear by chance?  Also are the T5 DWS enhancements really outshinig the extra throw chance on T5 Mechanic?  Currently running a 13/4/3 halfling mechanic.  harharharhar wrote on Oct 5th, 2015 at 5:45pm:
I solo EE's all day long on:

Halfling 11 Rogue/6Ranger/3 Monk Shuriken throwers. Especially now that DWS is much improved.

9Rog/8Ran/3Mnk us also good for Emp Heal, another FE, and only moderately less damage.

And of course, a pure 20 Monk (Drow or pref. Human for dual boosts) with a Shadowstar and/or Min 2 GS in Divine Crusader will rip very hard with basically autocrits. You can also do this to very slightly less effect with the ranger/rogue splits as well. (crit on a 7 instead of a 5).

Personally I like the pure class the least because it has the least "active" and "burst" options that ranger/rogue splits have which when used properly with IPS and boosts make an insane amount of difference in DPS output. Specifically, Sniper Shot, Merciful Shot, and Headshot. Head shot and Sniper shot means you basically will always have Sneak Attack damage, and Merciful shot with it's new scaling and under 50% health requirement means it's basically around 3000-4000 damage (average 3 projectiles per click, 500 damage scaled with about 150 Ranged Power). Before someone comes and argues about 10k being burst, With DWS changes it is now simple to have:

3x ePL Doubleshot: 9%
Epic Feat: 10%
DWS T5: 20%
Quiver: 8% or Divine Crusader: 10%
That's a standing 47%-49% DS, with Killer (much improved with a slower timer though only when trash is around to kill) boosting that up to 67%-69% for 90% of 100% of quests.

So while you get more stars during 10k, over 1 minute it's totally moot, and over more minutes probably a net DPS loss.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint