Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The Trees Shall Rise Again (Read 233953 times)
Tilo
Ex Member

Re: The Trees Shall Rise Again
Reply #325 - Sep 7th, 2015 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2015 at 11:52pm by »  

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #326 - Sep 12th, 2015 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Main Hand: Twinblade, TWF Set (Varies by lvl)

Off Hand: Nothing (THF in Heroics), Wall of Wood (Various Lvls) > PDK Shield, TWF Set (Variest by lvl)

What augments do you slot in the slots in Twinblade and also your PDK shield? Assume 28th level.

What other weapon(s) when you're actually TWF?

I assume you use the PDK shield in tree-form?

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Holyavatar
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #327 - Sep 13th, 2015 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Quote:
You don't twist cocoon because it is part of PA and you get it for free, although it really isn't needed.

Gear was:

Goggles: Shadowsight Goggles Lvl ML 15-27 Versions

Helm: Sora Kell > PDK > White Dragon > Mythic Seraphim

Necklace: Deadly > Vim and Vigor > Epic Vim and Vigor

Trinket: Pale Green Ioun Stone / Epic Spyglass / PDK > Epic
Litany of the Dead

Armor: Black Dragon > PDK > Epic White Dragon > Epic Emerald Gaurd

Cloak: GS Smoke/Wiz VI > Mysterious Cloak

Bracers:  Ethereal > Fabricators > Sun Soul > Epic Ethereal

Belt: Chord of Reprisal > GS Smoke/Wiz VI > Epic Chord of Reprisal

Ring 1: Sora Kell > Gaurdian > Lantern

Ring 2: Stalker > Epic Stalker > Seal of House Avithul

Boots: Madstone > Treads of Falling Shadow > Orc Privateer > Epic Boots of the Innocent

Gloves: Sora Kell > Fabricators > PDK > Iron Mitts

Main Hand: Twinblade, TWF Set (Varies by lvl)

Off Hand: Nothing (THF in Heroics), Wall of Wood (Various Lvls) > PDK Shield, TWF Set (Variest by lvl)

Epic Quiver of Alacrity

Really though, the build doesn't need this level of gear. It just makes it ridiculous. And you don't need DR30/60 dragonplate you can block for shield DR and still cleave.

thx for ur nice advice!my tree build is done nao.. Cool
btw..i kinda dont like the idea of heavy armor+tower shield..for me it lost 20-40 healing amp,10+ac,10+dodge for only 15-20 prr..dats only like 1% moar damage reduction..not really worth it.. Cheesy
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2015 at 11:07am by Holyavatar »  

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #328 - Sep 14th, 2015 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Oh wow! That is inspiring! I was thinking LSM instead of ICE, not both!

Oh nice, you are using master's touch for bastard sword proficiency. To fit in completionist?

I like the PDK shield because I can hit block for +8 saves, and because, well, my gear, past lives, consumables, and twists are no where even close to yours!

If I were staying at 28 I would use Fire + Meteoric in Twinblade, and Force in PDK shield. But I ETR/TR so I use double meteoric in Twinblade instead, and devotion in PDK (replaces Wall of Wood at 26).

Just whatever you have for TWF. Oath Blades or First Bloods are great for level 20+, and CITW and all other raid weapons for after. It's not really that important.
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2015 at 7:36pm by »  

IP Logged

that_arrow_guy
Waterworks Kobold

nothing to see here, move
along

Reply #329 - Sep 17th, 2015 at 2:23am
Print Post  
silly question, to use stalwart defense... you need to take a toughness feat.... correct?

Shocked

I have too many toons

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #330 - Sep 17th, 2015 at 2:36am
Print Post  
that_arrow_guy wrote on Sep 17th, 2015 at 2:23am:
silly question, to use stalwart defense... you need to take a toughness feat.... correct?

Shocked

Incorrect.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

that_arrow_guy
Waterworks Kobold

along

Reply #331 - Sep 17th, 2015 at 11:54am
Print Post  
i need to stop believing what i read on the interwebs then

I have too many toons

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #332 - Sep 17th, 2015 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Has anyone bothered to grind out the details on a tree with Warlock? I'm assuming the optimal is 10 monk/8 Warlock/2 Pally.. but would love to see the bits and pieces worked out. Will probably spend some time on Lam seeing what I can figure out but was wondering if someone already has.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #333 - Sep 17th, 2015 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Sep 17th, 2015 at 7:04pm:
Has anyone bothered to grind out the details on a tree with Warlock? I'm assuming the optimal is 10 monk/8 Warlock/2 Pally.. but would love to see the bits and pieces worked out. Will probably spend some time on Lam seeing what I can figure out but was wondering if someone already has.

3rd pally gets you stance and 9th warlock offers TS spell. 10th monk gives nothing over 9 aside ac bonus increase.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

DnD
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #334 - Sep 18th, 2015 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
9 monk 7 warlock 4 pal?

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #335 - Sep 18th, 2015 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
DnD wrote on Sep 18th, 2015 at 8:57pm:
9 monk 7 warlock 4 pal?

You still don't get as many cleaves as a barb, and you wont get to utilize the sword/board combo with med/hvy armor.

Also if going monk, 12 monk would be best for abundant step zerging and the free tier 3 stance.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #336 - Sep 19th, 2015 at 12:34am
Print Post  
Think you're missing the point. You need the warlock levels for aura to trigger tree tokens quick

Teth wrote on Sep 18th, 2015 at 11:02pm:
You still don't get as many cleaves as a barb, and you wont get to utilize the sword/board combo with med/hvy armor.

Also if going monk, 12 monk would be best for abundant step zerging and the free tier 3 stance.

« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2015 at 12:34am by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #337 - Sep 19th, 2015 at 5:20am
Print Post  
DnD wrote on Sep 18th, 2015 at 8:57pm:
9 monk 7 warlock 4 pal?

I did this split as I needed a monk past life. It was very good but I think 12m/6w/2p is better if you have the divine past lives and gear to max defenses

Off the top of my head I had:
30% Dodge
50% Incorp
50% Conceal
50 MRR with Improved Evasion
140/190 PRR this could be a lot better if twisting ICE and with more past lives
dont remember hps but with shining through never really felt I was low on hps.
saves were pretty much fail on 1

I went char based to boost divine might and saves but could easily go con based to boost temporary hps.

Next time I need a monk past life Im thinking of going 12m/5w/3p - I know my aura looses a second but I want to see if its an issue (dont think it will be as it looks like Ihrlie has dropped 6w from their split (12m/5p/3w) but I like shining through too much

ZooperDooper wrote on Sep 19th, 2015 at 12:34am:
Think you're missing the point. You need the warlock levels for aura to trigger tree tokens quick

Nope you missed the fighter/warlock/barb builds earlier on in the discussion
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2015 at 5:26am by Justanotherlurker »  

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #338 - Sep 19th, 2015 at 10:33am
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Sep 19th, 2015 at 12:34am:

You realize you can do warlock with barb right?  Just look at the cycle of cleaves a barb versus a monk can get.

-Whirlwind can proc main hand, off-hand, doublestrike, off-hand doublestrike, and an extra hit for centered (monk only)
-Great cleave same as whirlwind except minus the extra hit for centered.
-Cleave no extra procs (that im aware of)

Now barb can achieve all those sans the extra centered proc on whirlwind. However now we throw in supreme cleave.  Not even counting the fact you can split the tiers on supreme cleave and have multiples of them on your hotbar with separate timers, it can proc the same as great cleave (minus the extra +w dmg).  All of that on a 3 second cd.

So for cleaves in a perfect cycle its looking like a monk has 5+4+1 versus a barb that has 4+3+3+1 (and another 3 if you split supreme cleave). That's just one cycle, the cd on the barb cleaves will come up sooner since supreme cleave is a 3 sec cd, so in the long run the barb split gets more cleaves.

Of course there are pros and cons to both. I was just saying the benefits of a 9/7/4 split aren't as good as a 12/6/2 and in my opinion both are inferior to the barb split.

IP Logged

DnD
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #339 - Sep 19th, 2015 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Sep 19th, 2015 at 10:33am:
You realize you can do warlock with barb right?  Just look at the cycle of cleaves a barb versus a monk can get.

-Whirlwind can proc main hand, off-hand, doublestrike, off-hand doublestrike, and an extra hit for centered (monk only)
-Great cleave same as whirlwind except minus the extra hit for centered.
-Cleave no extra procs (that im aware of)

Now barb can achieve all those sans the extra centered proc on whirlwind. However now we throw in supreme cleave.  Not even counting the fact you can split the tiers on supreme cleave and have multiples of them on your hotbar with separate timers, it can proc the same as great cleave (minus the extra +w dmg).  All of that on a 3 second cd.

So for cleaves in a perfect cycle its looking like a monk has 5+4+1 versus a barb that has 4+3+3+1 (and another 3 if you split supreme cleave). That's just one cycle, the cd on the barb cleaves will come up sooner since supreme cleave is a 3 sec cd, so in the long run the barb split gets more cleaves.

Of course there are pros and cons to both. I was just saying the benefits of a 9/7/4 split aren't as good as a 12/6/2 and in my opinion both are inferior to the barb split.

How do you get 3 supreme cleaves? I can Split the 3 but I get the first one on a 9 sec cooldown and the other 2 it's either 6 or 3 sec depending on which I click they share the same cooldown

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #340 - Sep 20th, 2015 at 1:45am
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Sep 19th, 2015 at 10:33am:
You realize you can do warlock with barb right? 

Shhh.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #341 - Sep 20th, 2015 at 10:35am
Print Post  
The things you learn, splitting cleaves WTF hax!

« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2015 at 10:37am by »  

IP Logged

that_arrow_guy
Waterworks Kobold

along

Reply #342 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
i went 10 fighter 7 warlock 3 barb..

good stuff... Smiley

3 more etrs and i will have enough fate points to have a  3/2/2/2 split

Prr will be 255 in heavy armor and tower shield and 230 in medium armor with large shield (i am -20 those numbers now since i do not have improved combat expertise twisted)

155 heal amp with heavy/tower...... 175 with medium/large
i am tweaking now for DOJ gear... ugh...

« Last Edit: Sep 22nd, 2015 at 7:07pm by that_arrow_guy »  

I have too many toons

IP Logged

DnD
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #343 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 11:38am
Print Post  
What do you think is better:

- Twinblade
- T3 ThunderForged (1st Degree Burns/Dragon's Edge/Mortal Fear)
- ToEE set for 20 MP

IP Logged

Kicksome
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #344 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
DnD wrote on Sep 25th, 2015 at 11:38am:
What do you think is better:

- Twinblade
- T3 ThunderForged (1st Degree Burns/Dragon's Edge/Mortal Fear)
- ToEE set for 20 MP

This has been a great build thread.  I've been playing the barb version since I read about it here.  I've tried a lot of things (including your list), and I am getting the best overall results with the T3 TF.  Mainly because you can't always be in tree form, and having mortal fear and armor pen comes in handy.   But you really can't go wrong with any of the items you listed. 

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #345 - Sep 27th, 2015 at 4:06am
Print Post  
Ahh, I never farmed up a T3 TF. I still have a ton of past lives to go and never saw the need. Now that the cap is going to 30 I'll probably work towards one. Definitely a bastard sword or dwarven axe though, since it works with all fighting styles.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #346 - Sep 27th, 2015 at 4:43am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 20th, 2014 at 11:44pm:
Another thing, exploit weakness doesnt work while in druid forms. That isnt feasible.

I was just realizing AoN isn't animal form, it is elemental form. Notice the 100% fort you gain, and stun immunity. Plus you can use metal gear. Exploit weakness should therefore work in AoN form. Anyone able to test this?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #347 - Sep 27th, 2015 at 10:23am
Print Post  
Quote:
I was just realizing AoN isn't animal form, it is elemental form

interesting observation. i assumed it was an animal form because the thrower stacking glitch worked with tree, allowing non-druid monks to stack their wraps.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Kicksome
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #348 - Sep 27th, 2015 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
Another observation on this.  I replaced my [2d8] "Tireless aid" large shield with the new Demonic Slab tower shield - which is [3d10].  It seems like I'm seeing much higher numbers.

I did slot in exploit weakness last night and did a solo EE run in the new u28 stuff, but I saw the higher numbers before that. 

I was hardly ever using concentration anyway, so I just took that out in favor of exploit weakness and +3 action boosts.  I also took out extend since I'm constantly casting displace to keep my stacks up - replaced with competitionist.  This is the 10w/7lock/3zerk build. 

Previously, my AoN monk was always hitting harder, now it seems like the barb build is.

IP Logged

Kicksome
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #349 - Sep 27th, 2015 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
I'll try and test exploit weakness now - I already had it spec'd just hoping it would work.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26
Send TopicPrint