Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Release notes from Patch today (Read 19238 times)
davenot
Ex Member

Re: Release notes from Patch today
Reply #25 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:07pm:
ignorance revealed: that's exactly how it was, you'd know if you ever played a ranged toon.  you just got busted yapping out of your ass without even knowing what you're talking about.  only the first arrow made the roll, the remaining 3 copied the damage.  i know de devs said they'd make arach arrow roll independently, they didn't.  let off an adren+slayer with manyshot: all 4 arrows are adren, all 4 arrows are slayer, all 4 will show identical damage.  at least, they did before the nerf.  you're just fucking typing shit with no idea what your saying.  is this common for you?

I'm the last person who wants any drama, but this post is based on faulty assumptions and what I think may be proceeding agendas. Just so you know, while functioning manyshot can create multiple attacks, the number created determined by varying factors over the years, currently dblshot. When created each of those arrows is individual in relation to the game and calculation. Abilities that effected a shot were given to all shots that were created at the trigger point and then treated as individual attacks all benefiting from identical Buffs when damage was calculated after hits were determined.

This is why the generated damage for each shot are very similar but are never identical. for instance 403, 410,405, that type of spread. 

Don't feel bad about being a bit off the mark here, because  this has never been explicitly explained in a widely circulated  instance by Turbine. You had to be lucky enough to have it passed on to you or have taken the time to examine combat log data, game Code, or spoken with Devs.

I hope that helps, you shouldn't give up either with a little effort you can adjust to the new normal and your character will be even more powerful than before.
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:22pm by »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #26 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
I don't know how it works RIGHT NOW because I stopped playing, I'm talking about how it worked before the nerf holocaust.

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
I'm sorry I should have been more explicit, what I was describing is in fact both it's current and historical function, it hasn't changed in regard to the manyshot attack creation function in many years.
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:29pm by »  

IP Logged

deftest
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 4:54pm:
Ahh, poor nignog. Still pulling numbers out of your ass I see.

anal equations/rectal rithmatic most popular math system used in the world...usally leads to pi prolapse & integer inflammation.... try George booles butt balm it  soothes and relieves
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:40pm by deftest »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #29 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
i was about to ask "what are you doing off my nutsack, Remi" but i see he's still firmly attached at the mouth like a sucker-fish.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #30 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
http://plays.tv/video/5637e58f6f03056896/manyshot-every-shot-rolls-not-just-the-...

As you can see from the second shot, each shot rolls its own to-hit. always has, always will.

(Cant wrap it in media tags like youtube.. i think because Yabb is being silly or somethin.. just click the fuckin link.. XD... )

~Edit~ The first shot had both roll a 10, cant confirm nor bust on that shot. The second shot however fires 2 arrows, and rolls a 7 and 8, which does confirm.~Edit~
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:44pm by Vendui »  

IP Logged

Flipton
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm the last person who wants any drama, but this post is based on faulty assumptions and what I think may be proceeding agendas. Just so you know, while functioning manyshot can create multiple attacks, the number created determined by varying factors over the years, currently dblshot. When created each of those arrows is individual in relation to the game and calculation. Abilities that effected a shot were given to all shots that were created at the trigger point and then treated as individual attacks all benefiting from identical Buffs when damage was calculated after hits were determined.

This is why the generated damage for each shot are very similar but are never identical. for instance 403, 410,405, that type of spread. 

Don't feel bad about being a bit off the mark here, because  this has never been explicitly explained in a widely circulated  instance by Turbine. You had to be lucky enough to have it passed on to you or have taken the time to examine combat log data, game Code, or spoken with Devs.

I hope that helps, you shouldn't give up either with a little effort you can adjust to the new normal and your character will be even more powerful than before.

Quote:
I'm sorry I should have been more explicit, what I was describing is in fact both it's current and historical function, it hasn't changed in regard to the manyshot attack creation function in many years.

OMG. This right here could be the most polite, well mannered anal-rape and domination of a shite-talking idiot that I've ever seen on the Vault.  I can almost picture Dave offering  Pay4 a hanky to clean herself up with as he walks away.

Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:44pm by »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #32 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:41pm:
http://plays.tv/video/5637e58f6f03056896/manyshot-every-shot-rolls-not-just-the-...

As you can see from the second shot, each shot rolls its own to-hit. always has, always will.

(Cant wrap it in media tags like youtube.. i think because Yabb is being silly or somethin.. just click the fuckin link.. XD... )

~Edit~ The first shot had both roll a 10, cant confirm nor bust on that shot. The second shot however fires 2 arrows, and rolls a 7 and 8, which does confirm.~Edit~

that's post-nerf; i was clearly talking about how it worked before the nerf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

identical damage, across all 4 arrows, every time.
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:45pm by [] »  

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #33 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
Quote:
OMG. This right here could be the most polite, well mannered anal-rape and domination of a shite-talking idiot that I've ever seen on the Vault.  I can almost picture Dave offering  Pay4 a hanky to clean herself up with as he walks away.

damn, thanks for the quote. i almost missed that gem by turning to page 2.. ~turns back to page 1 to read it in its full context~

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #34 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:44pm:
that's post-nerf; i was clearly talking about how it worked before the nerf.

"post-nerf"

Uh.. They only changed the way in which manyshot triggers a shot, not how the arrows are affected by the games environment. Its elegantly laid out for you in the above quote, or back on page 1 for you to read first hand if you wish. Every shot, regardless of coming from manyshot, doubleshot, or normally, is affected by the same triggering functions. First, a roll is made to see if the arrow hits. Then, if upon a critical threat range roll, a confirmation roll is made to see if the crit occurs. Finally, the weapon dice are rolled to determine how much dmg was dealt. With a tight spread, the numbers of each shot very well could overlap and deal the same dmg over all 4 arrows, though its likely that each shot deals slightly more, or less, than its predecessor.
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:53pm by Vendui »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #35 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Quote:

#rekt.  KNN gets owned by Davenot.  Might need to summon a few hirelings, KNN.  Fear not, that's what a Pay4Pal account is for.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #36 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
you just don't get it, man.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #37 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:58pm:
you just don't get it, man.

Oh.  Yeah.  You trade TP codes, too.  I forgot.  But, honestly, that's not as catchy or as desperate sounding as the "hard cash with paypal".

IP Logged

Billy the Id
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Vendui wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:52pm:
~Its elegantly laid out for you in the above quote, or back on page 1 for you to read first hand~

Quote:
OMG. This right here could be the most elegant, polite, well mannered anal-rape and domination of a shite-talking idiot that I've ever seen on the Vault.  I can almost picture Dave offering  Pay4 a hanky to clean herself up with as he walks away.

FTFY 

Sorry Flip, I couldn't resist after I read Vendui's post as well  Grin
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2015 at 6:09pm by »  

IP Logged

Billy the Id
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Magical failtroll dispelling thread right here.
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2015 at 6:22pm by »  

IP Logged

Endlessorrow
Korthos Resident

All is loss, the taste
of joy has become ashes.

Reply #40 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
A bunch of people on the Vault arguing that turbines description of game mechanics are correct and not listening to a uber ranged player.

Have you all become Jerry's kids?

Learn your role kids. Listen to the king and his freely offered advice and experience. Or keep jealously slamming away at someone superior to us in every way. You Noobs couldn't time fury shot if you had a stop watch running on screen so flail away at the master. He is still the King.

Numquid rex praeter rex!

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Ha ha ha, this thread is pure joy. But now I can't get that image out of my head, so allow me to share: Sir Dave, the overly solicitous arse-bandit post-coitus.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #42 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Endlessorrow wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 6:42pm:
A bunch of people on the Vault arguing that turbines description of game mechanics are correct and not listening to a uber ranged player.

Have you all become Jerry's kids?

Learn your role kids. Listen to the king and his freely offered advice and experience. Or keep jealously slamming away at someone superior to us in every way. You Noobs couldn't time fury shot if you had a stop watch running on screen so flail away at the master. He is still the King.

Intra regem!

FTFY

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #43 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
so nobody knows how ranged toons work; great.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 8:11pm:
so nobody knows how ranged toons work; great.

Vendui and Davenot both have it right. I think in this case you might be confusing your own supposition with uncertainty on the part of others. Manyshot has always created multiple arrows who's attacks were resolved individually. Always.

And by always, I mean always.
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2015 at 8:26pm by »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #45 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
so, when I see the exact same 4 numbers, on every 4 set of arrows, I was getting mathematically impossibly lucky...on identical rolls...on four consecutive attacks?!

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:05pm:
He was addressing himself. Ignore her, its her time of the month (for the last 3 weeks)

Aunt Flow is SUCH a bitch...

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #47 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
spoken like a real-deal Holyfield faggot.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 8:28pm:
so, when I see the exact same 4 numbers, on every 4 set of arrows, I was getting mathematically impossibly lucky...on identical rolls...on four consecutive attacks?!

Not exactly.

What I'm saying is that you are not seeing that at all, ever. 

It's really just a case of you having allowed yourself to be maneuvered into a position in which you now have to insist that you see 4 identical arrows or you are afraid you will lose face now that the actual workings of manyshot have been  spelled out. 

Feel free link to a video of game play where that is happening, that would be neat. 
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2015 at 8:37pm by »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #49 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
so now i'm having vision problems?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint