Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 3 Paladin/5 artificer/12 Rogue? (Read 3336 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

3 Paladin/5 artificer/12 Rogue?
Dec 8th, 2015 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Still working on finding a good split for next life. Basically what I'd like to do is have bluebar self healing(Bladeforged Communion of Scribing) repeating heavy crossbows + rune arm for ranged attack, and then quarterstaves for melee. The whole thing would also have some sneak attack bonuses and sacred defender.

I did a brief(10 minute) test of an under-geared first-life version of the build in an empty character slot, seemed to work pretty effectively. Anyone have some thoughts on the subject?

I'd need to make a GS quarterstaff for the heroic run(no time to grind out a TOEE staff, gotta TR into this before the next update) and am torn between a MinII for DR breaking or a RadII for blinding/sneak attack.

Thoughts?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

^_^
Dirty Sock

KNN's Bitch

Re: 3 Paladin/5 artificer/12 Rogue?
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2015 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
kill yourself?

[] wrote on Jan 14th, 2016 at 2:59pm:
He seems to be performing at his optimal, though limited, level of intelligence.  It's Reilley that we need to be nice to.  That guys one more troll victimization away from putting his head in the oven.

Darth Anonymous wrote on Dec 17th, 2015 at 5:35pm:
We should deport all the SW fangirls over the age of 12 (except for grand he is special) and build a wall to keep them from coming back.

Darth Anonymous wrote on Dec 17th, 2015 at 5:55pm:
Will build it out of pussy. That is one thing those fanboys can never get a hold of.

IP Logged

Ginger_Walri
Titan Demolisher

Fire. Die In It.

Reply #2 - Dec 8th, 2015 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
What exactly is the purpose for meleeing with a qstaff?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Dec 8th, 2015 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Ginger_Walri wrote on Dec 8th, 2015 at 12:17pm:
What exactly is the purpose for meleeing with a qstaff?

I played several lives of the old Juggernaut build that switched fluidly between repeaters and greataxes, and found the ability to choose between melee and ranged to be the most fun. I am looking for another build that does that but nets me a different PL.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #4 - Dec 8th, 2015 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Rad II would be the more effective weapon with the rogue levels, but I wouldn't expect anything great out of a build like this.

Would be *okay* in heroics, and would do EH fine... but then, what doesn't do EH fine.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Dec 8th, 2015 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
I'm expecting to be stuck in epics for a long-ass time(approximately 2 million XP longer) so I'm looking to maximize fun on my next build. Are there any builds that get to trade between ranged and melee, or is it just all in on one or the other these days?

IP Logged

Doodle
Abbot Raider

Shoot first ask questions
later!

Reply #6 - Dec 8th, 2015 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Dec 8th, 2015 at 4:50pm:
I'm expecting to be stuck in epics for a long-ass time(approximately 2 million XP longer) so I'm looking to maximize fun on my next build. Are there any builds that get to trade between ranged and melee, or is it just all in on one or the other these days?

14 Pali/6 rgr for one.  12 rgr 4 Pali 4 fvs/ftr/rogue
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2015 at 8:15pm by Doodle »  

IP Logged

Doodle
Abbot Raider

Shoot first ask questions
later!

Reply #7 - Dec 8th, 2015 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
Or 14 rgr 4 Pali 2 whatever.

IP Logged

Ginger_Walri
Titan Demolisher

Fire. Die In It.

Reply #8 - Dec 8th, 2015 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
I ran a 15 pally 4 ranger 1 ftr pdk for a while. But, manyshot was more about getting blitz to 10 fast and it was also before manyshot was changed.

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Dec 9th, 2015 at 12:09am
Print Post  
Ginger_Walri wrote on Dec 8th, 2015 at 9:49pm:
But, manyshot was more about getting blitz to 10 fast and it was also before manyshot was changed.

Still functions the same though on a TWF you don't really need to use it. Offhand attacks give around the same rate of attack now. THF is a different matter.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Dec 9th, 2015 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
I'm looking for something that uses repeaters and runarms + some melee. I feel like Artificer is front-loaded enough that even 2 levels give you a pretty good boost.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #11 - Dec 10th, 2015 at 4:37am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Dec 8th, 2015 at 4:50pm:

If you want to be hybrid, go 20 ranger max dex scimitar/longbow or else don't bother with melee.

Of course, if you go 18 rogue/2 arti you'll never want to melee. I would recommend a great xbow instead of a repeater though.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #12 - Dec 10th, 2015 at 10:57am
Print Post  
I have about 15 repeaters and exactly 0 great xbowx Tongue the great xbow may do a bit more damage, but I gotta keep my repeats.

I'm really glad they made great crossbows relevant finally, it kind of sucked when they were utterly useless.

OK, 18 rogue/2 artie. Any chance I can squeeze in 1 paladin or do I need to +1 heart again?

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #13 - Dec 10th, 2015 at 11:23am
Print Post  
You don't really want to miss 18Rog and you need 2Art for runearms, so I guess it depends if you like Runearms or not.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #14 - Dec 10th, 2015 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
I like runearms, I'll be +1 hearting.

Time to go grind a million XP in 7 days! God I hope I'll make it! (the DC on that sarcasm check is at least 67)

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #15 - Dec 11th, 2015 at 12:40am
Print Post  
The build is only 3 AP different for repeater vs great. Divine Artillery is easy to get. Take it for a test drive when you get the chance.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Dec 11th, 2015 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
Its not a huge imposition to switch out between repeaters and great xbows, not like you have to change a bunch of feats and stuff. Just a simple respect, right? Yeah, may need to see if I can pick up one of those.

Loot from those quests used to drop like candy, but I haven't seen so much lately.

I'm going to TR probably sunday and play the first few levels with that pesky 1 paladin. That will give me some time to get the build felt out before I +1heart out of it. Since the heart comes with a lesser reincarnation I can fix any major mistakes I make on my first time around.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint