Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic PSA: HASTE BOOST (Read 7081 times)
davenot
Ex Member

PSA: HASTE BOOST
Dec 21st, 2015 at 12:07am
Print Post  
This is a PSA to any ranged players, I have been testing all weekend and found one very upsetting thing.

When using a Repeating Xbow, heavy or light, the enhancement haste boost WILL NOT INCREASE your rate of fire. This includes tempest, fighter, rogue haste boosts. It also includes Legendary Dreadnaught's haste boost.

It will show a increase on the tool tips on your character sheet, but it WILL NOT INCREASE your rate of fire at all. I ran over three hundred sets of 100 bolts using various boosts, not one of them increased the rate of fire.  Every time it took between 35 and 37 seconds to clear 100 bolts with or without haste. There was no variance at all, none.

I will post here after I have finished checking GxB, long bows, and throwing. But this is a nasty surprise, and I have a sinking feeling in my stomach turbine will do nothing to about it.

Be warned. save the AP points, and spend them elsewhere.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: PSA: HASTE BOOST
Reply #1 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 12:12am
Print Post  
boo hoo

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 12:13am
Print Post  
This also includes the 30% doubleshot boost from the swashbuckler tree. 20 tests, with and without. No difference in ROF.
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2015 at 12:13am by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #3 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 12:59am
Print Post  
yes known for a long time haste boost does nothing for ranged

are you doubleshot boost doesn't give doubleshot also?

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 1:57am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Dec 21st, 2015 at 12:59am:
yes known for a long time haste boost does nothing for ranged

Yeah, that was my impression too. I've never noticed any rate of fire changes in repeating crossbows when I use haste/haste boost/other things which alter ranged attack speed. It shows up in tooltip, but offers no tangible benefit.

Quote:
This also includes the 30% doubleshot boost from the swashbuckler tree. 20 tests, with and without. No difference in ROF.

Doubleshot isn't supposed to change Rate of Fire, though. All it does is give a chance to fire an extra bolt, which it still seems to do.

It may be worth bringing up for this discussion however, that Turbine has nerfed doubleshot for repeaters; it now provides only 1/3 the benefit it used to. So for instance, 30% doubleshot on a repeater will only offer a 10% chance of shooting an extra bolt with each volley.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 2:07am
Print Post  
Quote:
This also includes the 30% doubleshot boost from the swashbuckler tree. 20 tests, with and without. No difference in ROF

35-37 seconds per 100 bolts on repeaters and great crossbows?

Is doubleshot not using up bolts, maybe?

« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2015 at 2:21am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 2:12am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 21st, 2015 at 2:07am:
35-37 seconds per 100 bolts on repeaters and great crossbows?

Is doubleshot not using up bolts, maybe?

Haven't fini the GxB, but last look it was clearing 100 in 59 seconds.

Will post when done.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 2:21am
Print Post  
Quote:
Haven't fini the GxB, but last look it was clearing 100 in 59 seconds.

Will post when done.

just tested on a lv 4 rogue and great crossbow. Rapid Reload and Rapid Shot feats. Without mech tier 5 and no boosts. 3 bab, 2% doubleshot, and 1% ranged speed. It took me 81 seconds to empty 100 bolts on ship dummy.  

I will try without speed bonus and doubleshot.

Assuming your times are mech tier 5, lv 30, 0 doublestrike, ranged speed 20, and BAB is?
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2015 at 2:22am by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 2:21am
Print Post  
Quote:
Doubleshot isn't supposed to change Rate of Fire, though. All it does is give a chance to fire an extra bolt, which it still seems to do.

If you are using finite ammo without any returning to attack, be it bolts, shuriken, etc... you will start with a stack of 100. Every time that doubleshot procs it takes one of those, it doesn't create duplicate ammo just duplicate effects like slayer, sniper, etc...

That's why Double shot can in it's way effect ROF. For instance when I have 40% non boost doubleshot working I will clear the 100 finite ammo faster, about 36-41% faster as it takes extras as it goes.

If I have 40% doubleshot (non-boost kind) I will fire 13.9 shots in the time it takes me to fire 10 shots without that doubleshot active. This I know from my tests on standing doubleshot last month, interesting fact the repeaters may not get the crazy double shot they used to before the nerf but they now keep up pretty well with bows, xbows, thrown, etc...

« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2015 at 2:22am by »  

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 2:25am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 21st, 2015 at 2:21am:
just tested on a lv 4 rogue and great crossbow. Rapid Reload and Rapid Shot feats. Without mech tier 5 and no boosts. 3 bab, 2% doubleshot, and 1% ranged speed. It took me 81 seconds to empty 100 bolts on ship dummy.  

I will try without speed bonus and doubleshot.

Assuming your times are mech tier 5, lv 30, 0 doublestrike, ranged speed 20, and BAB is?

Got more bad news for you as well, the "blinding speed feat" doesn't stack at all with the auto-reloader. But each works on there own.

My numbers are from LV 28 mech for GxB adn Lv 30 Bd/rg so yup BAB is there for sure.

59 seconds is sweet for GxB. A big knockdown Vorp every 6 seconds.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 2:45am
Print Post  
Quote:
My numbers are from LV 28 mech for GxB adn Lv 30 Bd/rg so yup BAB is there for sure.

The times are the same for both toons on repeaters, and the same for great crossbows?

BAB on 20 rogue, 7 epic and Tenser or in Divine Crusader, is 24. 25 BAB if level 29 and Tenser's/DC.

Did you test to see times without doubleshot static and 0 alacrity independently to see if either increased or both together still would?

Quote:
Got more bad news for you as well, the "blinding speed feat" doesn't stack at all with the auto-reloader. But each works on there own.

Blinding Speed doesn't increase rof, but displays on character sheet correctly? What is an auto-reloader?

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 2:52am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 21st, 2015 at 2:45am:
The times are the same for both toons on repeaters, and the same for great crossbows?

BAB on 20 rogue, 7 epic and Tenser or in Divine Crusader, is 24. 25 BAB if level 29 and Tenser's/DC.

Did you test to see times without doubleshot static and 0 alacrity independently to see if either increased or both together still would?

Blinding Speed doesn't increase rof, but displays on character sheet correctly? What is an auto-reloader?

Nope, Repeaters light and heavy cleared 100 in 36 seconds on average. While the GxB was in at 59.

Blinding speed is the permanent hast feat (lv 27) and it works, it's the "action boost" type haste that is bugged for ranged, the 5 times per rest boosts.

Auto-loader, is a Tier V mech ability, proper name is "mechanical reloader" and it gives non-repeating xbows a 30% speed buff, while giving repeaters and thrown weapons a 10% speed buff.

Both "blinding speed" and "mechanical reloader" work, but they don't stack with each other, and they don't stack with the haste spell.

Tested with doubleshot on and off, found that normal double shot works fine, it's just the "action boost" version that is not giving a real benefit, the same as the "action boost" haste.
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2015 at 2:59am by »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 3:14am
Print Post  

Quote:
the "action boost" version that is not giving a real benefit, the same as the "action boost" haste.

Thanks for that. Guess bug reports are going to get read and ignored.

Quote:
Nope, Repeaters light and heavy cleared 100 in 36 seconds on average. While the GxB was in at 59.

Times were Full BAB tensered/DC then? Not much difference from 24 to 25 BAB.

Quote:
Both "blinding speed" and "mechanical reloader" work, but they don't stack with each other, and they don't stack with the haste spell.

Speed isn't supposed to stack with haste spell/potion. Just gives 20 Ranged, unlike the potion of haste giving 15%.

Mech tier 5 should be giving 30% then? Faster than haste, and blinding speed, and matches the time for just tier 5 mech with 15 or 20% haste/speed feat? That would make blinding speed faster on repeaters than taking tier 5?
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2015 at 3:16am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 3:20am
Print Post  
Quote:
If you are using finite ammo without any returning to attack, be it bolts, shuriken, etc... you will start with a stack of 100. Every time that doubleshot procs it takes one of those, it doesn't create duplicate ammo just duplicate effects like slayer, sniper, etc...

That's why Double shot can in it's way effect ROF. For instance when I have 40% non boost doubleshot working I will clear the 100 finite ammo faster, about 36-41% faster as it takes extras as it goes.

That's not rate of fire though; it's the rate at which ammo is consumed. The rate of fire would be how many volleys you can get off in any given time slot. Irrespective of how many bolts doubleshot is consuming, you're still firing the same amount of volleys per minute. Well, okay, I guess in a technical sense when factoring in double shot, rate of fire can be said to be "shots per minute," so whatever. But just to clarify, when I said "rate of fire" originally, I was referring to how many volleys you can get off per minute. (I.e. my rate of fire for Great Crossbow is 72 shots per minute, while for Repeaters it's 54 per minute. )

However, the prospect of bolts consumed/minute does bring up a possible cause for error. There's that Mech enhancement which grants a 10 ranged power, and 80% chance for all ammo to return. This is doubtless going to make it hard to calculate rate of fire if you're just measuring it in terms of bolts consumed/minute or how many seconds it takes to consume x amount of bolts.

I still see an extra 4th damage number pop up now and then on my repeater build, which would seem to indicate that doubleshot does indeed work. Granted, I can't tell you whether or not this consumes a bolt because I don't pay attention to bolt # (and I think it's pointless to do so, since the aforementioned rogue enhancement make this an irrelevant number), but I'm pretty certain that doubleshot does still work.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #14 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 5:24am
Print Post  
I wonder whether the Arti version of haste, Armor of Speed, stacks? I'm useless for testing time-related stuff, but it's seemed to me that it doesn't increase run speed. It'd be a fucking hoot if it doesn't increase ROF, either. Pure Turbine.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #15 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 9:25am
Print Post  
I thought there was a hard cap over which haste boost wouldn't push you, which is now easier to get to, which is why it now looks like it does nothing. (Not tested, this is what a fellow player told me.)

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 21st, 2015 at 3:14am:
Thanks for that. Guess bug reports are going to get read and ignored.

Bug reported, PMs sent to devs, starting work on Vids for mobo post if needed.

Times were Full BAB tensered/DC then? Not much difference from 24 to 25 BAB.

Yes tensored. Not much diff on those test toons as you say.

Speed isn't supposed to stack with haste spell/potion. Just gives 20 Ranged, unlike the potion of haste giving 15%.

Mech tier 5 should be giving 30% then? Faster than haste, and blinding speed, and matches the time for just tier 5 mech with 15 or 20% haste/speed feat? That would make blinding speed faster on repeaters than taking tier 5?

Yup, because tierV "mechanical reloader" only give 10% increase on repeaters. So the blinding speed feat beats it, But you still have to take it for the 10 ranged power it gives you.

Quote:
That's not rate of fire though; it's the rate at which ammo is consumed. The rate of fire would be how many volleys you can get off in any given time slot. Irrespective of how many bolts doubleshot is consuming, you're still firing the same amount of volleys per minute. Well, okay, I guess in a technical sense when factoring in double shot, rate of fire can be said to be "shots per minute," so whatever. But just to clarify, when I said "rate of fire" originally, I was referring to how many volleys you can get off per minute. (I.e. my rate of fire for Great Crossbow is 72 shots per minute, while for Repeaters it's 54 per minute. )

That's cool, "shot per minute" or ROF, either one. The point is how many attacks are happening at a set rate of time. For my testing ROF is the amount of time it take to get 100 bolts sent down range at a target.

Quote:
However, the prospect of bolts consumed/minute does bring up a possible cause for error. There's that Mech enhancement which grants a 10 ranged power, and 80% chance for all ammo to return. This is doubtless going to make it hard to calculate rate of fire if you're just measuring it in terms of bolts consumed/minute or how many seconds it takes to consume x amount of bolts.

That aspect of Mechanics is well known, and it has to be turned off to test by resetting the tree. One of the challenging and costly parts of testing is making sure things like the "fletching" your talking about are turned off during tests. That take plat and you have to do it alot. A finite ammo is the only dependable way to track actual ROF, you can't count on animation or numbers, only the depletion of ammo on hand. I test with no quivers equipped, 100 ammo in hand, and the inventory page open so you can track the ammo being consumed for timing. The cool part is that by doing that you can see when you proc double shots, you will see the ammo drop by 3, 3, 3, then 4, 3, 5, 3, 4, etc...

Quote:
I still see an extra 4th damage number pop up now and then on my repeater build, which would seem to indicate that doubleshot does indeed work. Granted, I can't tell you whether or not this consumes a bolt because I don't pay attention to bolt # (and I think it's pointless to do so, since the aforementioned rogue enhancement make this an irrelevant number), but I'm pretty certain that doubleshot does still work.

Couple of things:

I'm not sure what the deal is but your coming off as pretty snarky here, I am offering info to warn people not get into some drama scene okay? 

You can only track ROF or shots per minute by tracking ammo consumption or scrolling back combat logs, you cannot go by animations. Combat log isn't great either because it severely limits the number of rounds per test due to it's short recall limit.

I may not have been clear enough, for that I apologize. The only doubleshot that is not working with repeaters, is action boost doubleshot it is similar to action boosts of haste, and as stated in the beginning of the thread those action boost hastes, and doubleshot are not working on repeaters.

Normal doubleshot is working, I've said it several times, normal non-boost doubleshot works fine.
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2015 at 12:43pm by »  

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Dec 21st, 2015 at 5:24am:
I wonder whether the Arti version of haste, Armor of Speed, stacks? I'm useless for testing time-related stuff, but it's seemed to me that it doesn't increase run speed. It'd be a fucking hoot if it doesn't increase ROF, either. Pure Turbine.

I am not your test monkey! 

Seriously, I will try to test that stuff too now that I ran across this problem, but I have to do GxB, bows, throwing first.

Good idea, thanks.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm not sure what the deal is but your coming off as pretty snarky here, I am offering info to warn people not get into some drama scene okay? 

You can only track ROF or shots per minute by tracking ammo consumption or scrolling back combat logs, you cannot go by animations. Combat log isn't great either because it severely limits the number of rounds per test due to it's short recall limit.

I may not have been clear enough, for that I apologize. The only doubleshot that is not working with repeaters, is action boost doubleshot it is similar to action boosts of haste, and as stated in the beginning of the thread those action boost hastes, and doubleshot are not working on repeaters.

Normal doubleshot is working, I've said it several times, normal non-boost doubleshot works fine.

Not trying to be snarky or sarcastic or anything; just trying to arrive at the truth. I can't effectively control/convey tone through text alone, so I'm somewhat puzzled as to why you arrived at your conclusion.

Personally, this didn't come as a surprise to me, since I thought that most people were already aware that haste effects didn't do anything for repeaters. As for the doubleshot boost, I guess it's nice to know? That's typically irrelevant for me since I can't think of any time when it's preferable to do a bard splash for a repeater build instead of ranger/arti/or both.

I reread your posts and yes, I mistakenly overlooked/misread some parts regarding doubleshot so that's my bad. But you may want to change the title of the thread to be inclusive of the doubleshot action boost, since that's the main point of contention here, in addition to the haste boost.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the PSA.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #20 - Dec 22nd, 2015 at 11:35am
Print Post  
Who are these idiots using repeaters?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #21 - Jan 4th, 2016 at 2:59am
Print Post  
Quote:
I am not your test monkey! 

Me neither, unfortunately.  Undecided

For anyone who is a test-monkey: it might be time to re-check whether SWF is still slowing down throwing RoF.

I'm good at coming up with exceptions or "what ifs" (that 99% of the time don't pan out). But my attention span guarantees errors in rote repetition tests. It's kind of a bitch. (But on the other hand, people think I'm crazy-thorough once I get the number of repetitions I need to reduce error.  Cheesy)

If it helps to know, you've already helped me make better-informed enhancement tree decisions. Much appreciated.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #22 - Jan 9th, 2016 at 10:02am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Dec 21st, 2015 at 5:24am:

It's not supposed to do that.

Quote:
Your target's currently equipped armor gains Equip Effect: Quickens the wearer causing them to attack: 15% faster than normal. In addition the recipient gains +1 enhancement bonus to attack rolls and plus one dodge bonus to AC and reflex saves. An item can only have one temporary item enhancement on it at a time.

Doesn't everyone have free 35% striding from ship buffs now anyway?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #23 - Jan 9th, 2016 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Quote:
You can only track ROF or shots per minute by tracking ammo consumption

If you're going to insist on testing that way, shouldn't you at least use Flame Arrow scrolls to get 500 stacks of every kind of ammunition for larger (and therefore more accurate) data sets?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #24 - Jan 9th, 2016 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 9th, 2016 at 10:02am:
It's not supposed to do that.

Well lately, my arti runs faster after casting AoS. Almost as if to mock me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint