Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Advice request.... (Read 1602 times)
Doodle
Abbot Raider

Shoot first ask questions
later!

Advice request....
Dec 23rd, 2015 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
Thinking going 12 rgr/4pal/4ftr twf using heavy armor, switch to light when I need evasion.  I have a few tier 3 khopeshes of all flavored, couple tier 3  TF bows, and all the gear I can ever use. 

Looking for good defense, good offense.  Prefer twf, but I have ESOS, tier 3 TF two handers. 

Going pdk or human. 

Any other variants anyone thinks would be better? Must have 12 rgr or more, but I run EE and LE mainly.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Re: Advice request....
Reply #1 - Dec 23rd, 2015 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
20 rogue mech.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Nubicus
Dragon Raider

Dick 2020

Reply #2 - Dec 23rd, 2015 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
Doodle wrote on Dec 23rd, 2015 at 6:37pm:
Thinking going 12 rgr/4pal/4ftr twf using heavy armor, switch to light when I need evasion.  I have a few tier 3 khopeshes of all flavored, couple tier 3  TF bows, and all the gear I can ever use. 

Looking for good defense, good offense.  Prefer twf, but I have ESOS, tier 3 TF two handers. 

Going pdk or human. 

Any other variants anyone thinks would be better? Must have 12 rgr or more, but I run EE and LE mainly. 

In my opinion only, you'd be better served staying in Heavy for the PRR and trying to work in MRR + High hitpoints

IP Logged

Doodle
Abbot Raider

later!

Reply #3 - Dec 23rd, 2015 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
Nubicus wrote on Dec 23rd, 2015 at 8:26pm:
In my opinion only, you'd be better served staying in Heavy for the PRR and trying to work in MRR + High hitpoints

Yes I agree, but say tanking miior in haunted halls I'd switch to evasion.  Only situational evasion.

IP Logged

Doodle
Abbot Raider

later!

Reply #4 - Dec 23rd, 2015 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Dec 23rd, 2015 at 7:48pm:
20 rogue mech.

Yeah, I have 10 toons.  This one is my main.  I have limited space due to age of toon for new gear.  Would like to stay with melee.  But you are correct they have much more dps.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #5 - Dec 23rd, 2015 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
And they actually can hit stuff in the new quests.....

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Dec 23rd, 2015 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
Doodle wrote on Dec 23rd, 2015 at 6:37pm:
12 rgr/4pal/4ftr

skip on so many fighter levels. go 15 ranger and get FoM and CSW. If you have FoM gear+pot, then 14 ranger for CSW is fine.

Leaves you with 1 or 2 free levels for fighter feats or 6th paladin level for core 3 in kotc, 2d6 scaling light dmg, 3 to saves vs evil mobs, 2 to enchantments(5 if evil mob casts enchantment). AP is tight, but should fit.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Doodle
Abbot Raider

later!

Reply #7 - Dec 24th, 2015 at 12:04am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 23rd, 2015 at 11:12pm:
skip on so many fighter levels. go 15 ranger and get FoM and CSW. If you have FoM gear+pot, then 14 ranger for CSW is fine.

Leaves you with 1 or 2 free levels for fighter feats or 6th paladin level for core 3 in kotc, 2d6 scaling light dmg, 3 to saves vs evil mobs, 2 to enchantments(5 if evil mob casts enchantment). AP is tight, but should fit.

Hmmmmmm.....interesting.  Yes to having fom gear.  I had thought about the six Pali, plus I'd get the o shit button unyielding sovrenity, and yes the light damage.  Was looking at 12 r 6 Pali 2 ftr.  I do like the feats ftr gives.  I should have no issues healing.  Massive heal amp, toons full of sov pots, and so on. 

So I'm torn.  I like your ideas as well.  Which way do I go George.  Which way do I go. 

IP Logged

Doodle
Abbot Raider

later!

Reply #8 - Dec 24th, 2015 at 12:18am
Print Post  
With 4 ftr I was building in wep focus slash, wep spec slash, imp crit slash and ranged (bow) when I really wanted or needed it.  The two extra ftr allowed me to take quicken (if I wanted for cocoon) and extend, which isn't necessary but I forget to rebuff myself sometimes.

I know not necessary for some things, but as I said the two extra fighter would have me spending a 3,6,9..... Feat for them.
« Last Edit: Dec 24th, 2015 at 12:20am by Doodle »  

IP Logged

Doodle
Abbot Raider

later!

Reply #9 - Dec 24th, 2015 at 12:22am
Print Post  
I run a lot in small groups or solo/duo.  I get so into things (it pisses me off when I die) that I focus on that etc instead of renewing my buffs.   Most quests I guess don't take that long to run so.....

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #10 - Jan 4th, 2016 at 3:05am
Print Post  
Doodle wrote on Dec 23rd, 2015 at 9:17pm:
Yes I agree, but say tanking miior in haunted halls I'd switch to evasion.  Only situational evasion.

Depending on how well you anticipate those situations, a set of PJs might serve better than light armor, for on-demand swapping into evasion-mode.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint