Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) 2016 Players Council invites being sent (Read 32884 times)
Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Re: 2016 Players Council invites being sent
Reply #150 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Mr Reilly wrote on Feb 2nd, 2016 at 1:41pm:
Fran?

Nah, he was in 2014, and resigned... because the PC wasn't what he expected it to be.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #151 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Feb 2nd, 2016 at 5:44pm:
Nah, he was in 2014, and resigned... because the PC wasn't what he expected it to be.

That could not have been that high of a bar!  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #152 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
Groo The Wanderer wrote on Feb 2nd, 2016 at 4:34pm:
Didn't Fran quit the 2014 Council?  Pretty sure he was the one who threw a fit when he found out they weren't there to make any decisions what so ever.

I wouldn't have put it that way. It's not far from the truth...

and it appears that we have a Leslie...

Well at least after this year things will be more clear, as the supply of sycophant will be difficult to renew. 2017 promises to be an interesting year.
( remember the 2016 won't be allowed to apply and only one or two from 2015 will be allowed back. )

I'd like to have a look at the feedback forum the first time Jibo is going to but head with Leslie on a topic... That's probably going to be electric.

( the anal retentive rules Cordovan uphold on the open forum do not apply to the PC forums, and unless you go full retard, there's almost no moderation or infraction... yes even linking/quoting The Vault is not infracted/moderated... and before having to step in with his hammer Cordovan gives quite a few polite warnings... I know it sounds weird  Cheesy )

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #153 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Feb 2nd, 2016 at 5:54pm:
I wouldn't have put it that way. It's not far from the truth...

and it appears that we have a Leslie...

Well at least after this year things will be more clear, as the supply of sycophant will be difficult to renew. 2017 promises to be an interesting year.
( remember the 2016 won't be allowed to apply and only one or two from 2015 will be allowed back. )

I'd like to have a look at the feedback forum the first time Jibo is going to but head with Leslie on a topic... That's probably going to be electric.

( the anal retentive rules Cordovan uphold on the open forum do not apply to the PC forums, and unless you go full retard, there's almost no moderation or infraction... yes even linking/quoting The Vault is not infracted/moderated... and before having to step in with his hammer Cordovan gives quite a few polite warnings... I know it sounds weird  Cheesy )

I'm not surprised Fran didn't like it.  He doesn't do well with dissenting opinions.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #154 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Feb 2nd, 2016 at 5:54pm:

Which do you think is more likely? Turbine changes the rules, in order to restock on yes-men, or Turbine ignores their rules and just restocks on yes-men?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #155 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Whats the point of the pc? I hear that even if all the yes men think somethings not the best idea... they say.. too bad. Fuck ya we doing this shit anyways. So whats the point?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #156 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Feb 2nd, 2016 at 9:35pm:
Whats the point of the pc? I hear that even if all the yes men think somethings not the best idea... they say.. too bad. Fuck ya we doing this shit anyways. So whats the point?

They are not obligated to take any of the advice of the council.  That doesn't mean that giving advice doesn't have value.  The council gives advice on topics.  Turbine decides if they want to take the advice or not.  That can be frustrating to some people.  They confuse being asked their opinion with being the decision maker. 

The council is a focus group.  But, just because the focus group unanimously says they want cars that fly for 10k or less retail price, doesn't mean GM or Ford is going to make a car that fits that description.   

If you can't handle being an adviser whose advice may or may not be listened to, then the PC isn't for you.  As with most things in life, setting expectations correctly is a big part of satisfaction with the results.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #157 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
Nice... you must be or have been a pc member.

The advice they give doesnt have value. They gives a fuck.... but..... when the gay ass mobo starts complaining like a mofo... thats when they make changes.. the pc is completely pointless.

Im not trying to shrink your pc loving epeen.. but.. youre wrong... turdbine does what turdbine wants. They only reason the pc would have even a sliver of value is because they are just trying to judge how pissed off the masses will be on the mobo. Then they do it anyways. And if things are too badly nurfed where people go completely apeshit... the un-nurf it a lil and hope most of them shut up.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #158 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 2:34am
Print Post  
FTL wrote on Jan 29th, 2016 at 5:55pm:
we also do have a list of alternates in the case that people we invite decide not to participate

As if the narcissists who applied for membership and actually believe that Turbine will listen to their input will turn down such a stroke job offer.  Yeah.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #159 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 2:50am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Feb 2nd, 2016 at 10:35pm:
They are not obligated to take any of the advice of the council.  That doesn't mean that giving advice doesn't have value.  The council gives advice on topics.  Turbine decides if they want to take the advice or not.  That can be frustrating to some people.  They confuse being asked their opinion with being the decision maker. 

The council is a focus group.  But, just because the focus group unanimously says they want cars that fly for 10k or less retail price, doesn't mean GM or Ford is going to make a car that fits that description.   

If you can't handle being an adviser whose advice may or may not be listened to, then the PC isn't for you.  As with most things in life, setting expectations correctly is a big part of satisfaction with the results. 

Your explanation and examples all sound very sensible.
And this would apply when the PC is ask, "do we develop X, Y or Z next?" 
They obviously cannot do all and you would reasonably expect that one of the choices given would be the way forward.

The PC in its current format is not Mournlands.  The stuff going to PC should be past the brainfart stage and actually be something that someone on the team has assessed as plausible and economic.

I would not expect them to ask the PC, "should we goto level 90 this year?" as it is clearly not feasible.

And when the feedback is that the content they intend to deliver is "shite, incomplete and bug ridden" I would not expect this feedback to be taken as optional.

If you ask for feedback, you should listen to it, otherwise why ask?
Agree that you are not compelled to make your decisions to conform to it, but when you ask for it and ignore it so often, people stop caring and maybe become jaded.

I don't think Turbine are culturally mature enough to accept negative feedback, thus they just want praise and dismiss anything other than that.

I would be careful Asheras that you don't cross the line into becoming a Turbine apologist.
A lawyer could argue many reasons why the PC's feedback is irrelevant, but most rational people know that Turbine have serious problems with receiving and acting on feedback.
Even the feedback that is in their business interest is ignored - like publishing unfinished product.  And then they're outraged when someone finds an exploit.  Really - so surprised?

I know the PC is an emotive subject, but Turbine REALLY, REALLY need to listen to some advice about the game they seem to know little about playing.

Eg.  Who thinks Shroud Pt 1 is "fun" and/or "challenging"?

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #160 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 2:55am
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 2:50am:
Who thinks Shroud Pt 1 is "fun" and/or "challenging"?

The portals?

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #161 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 3:08am
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 2:55am:
The portals?

Yeah those bloated sacks of HP with stupid DR.  Fun!!!

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #162 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 3:14am
Print Post  
raybob wrote on Feb 2nd, 2016 at 4:55pm:
I think you're operating from a false assumption that they know they are picking Vaulties.  I'd bet money they have no clue.

They know for a fact they're picking vaulties.

It's one of the reasons I feel the Council is a complete waste of time!

You really think they didn't know Flav was a vaultie before he got on the Council?

They had Vaulties on the first Council!

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #163 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 3:40am
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 3:14am:

You really think they didn't know Flav was a vaultie before he got on the Council?

I think your mere existence is a complete waste of time!

What kind of a chair-warming mouthbreather are you?!

Get a life you bloody wanker!

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #164 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 4:04am
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Feb 2nd, 2016 at 10:58pm:
turdbine does what turdbine wants. They only reason the pc would have even a sliver of value is because they are just trying to judge how pissed off the masses will be on the mobo. Then they do it anyways. And if things are too badly nurfed where people go completely apeshit... the un-nurf it a lil and hope most of them shut up.

Yes, that's basically what happens... but there's still a little bit more.

As for knowing if I was a Vaultie... IIRC I wrote it in the application, so even if the obvious hadn't been detected, I made it clear.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #165 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 6:01am
Print Post  
turdbine does what turdbine wants.

No. Turbine fails to do what it wants, doesn't notice, and broke its own bug reporting tool so people can't point it out to them. If something is bad enough that the even the pack of sycophants on the MoBo whine about it, Turbine "investigates", calls it "WAI" and pats itself on the back for being such great game designers and listening to their community.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #166 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 6:21am
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 3:08am:
Yeah those bloated sacks of HP with stupid DR.  Fun!!!

Let me spell it out for you bub, if you had a hole that big, getting pounded by twelve guys with great big sticks would be the highlight of your day.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #167 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 8:35am
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 6:21am:
Let me spell it out for you bub, if you had a hole that big, getting pounded by twelve guys with great big sticks would be the highlight of your day.

Well that's a novel take on it.
Can honestly say I never looked at it that way!

IP Logged

TheFifthSock
Dragon Raider

Reply #168 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 8:53am
Print Post  
Nice... you must be or have been a pc member.

The advice they give doesnt have value. They gives a fuck.... but..... when the gay ass mobo starts complaining like a mofo... thats when they make changes.. the pc is completely pointless.

Im not trying to shrink your pc loving epeen.. but.. youre wrong... turdbine does what turdbine wants. They only reason the pc would have even a sliver of value is because they are just trying to judge how pissed off the masses will be on the mobo. Then they do it anyways. And if things are too badly nurfed where people go completely apeshit... the un-nurf it a lil and hope most of them shut up.

Turbine is just doing what most larger software companies do; getting opinions about future functionality changes from focus groups.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #169 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Cheesy

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #170 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 9:51am
Print Post  
Grin

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #171 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 9:57am
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 2:50am:
Your explanation and examples all sound very sensible.
And this would apply when the PC is ask, "do we develop X, Y or Z next?" 
They obviously cannot do all and you would reasonably expect that one of the choices given would be the way forward.

The PC in its current format is not Mournlands.  The stuff going to PC should be past the brainfart stage and actually be something that someone on the team has assessed as plausible and economic.

I would not expect them to ask the PC, "should we goto level 90 this year?" as it is clearly not feasible.

And when the feedback is that the content they intend to deliver is "shite, incomplete and bug ridden" I would not expect this feedback to be taken as optional.

If you ask for feedback, you should listen to it, otherwise why ask?
Agree that you are not compelled to make your decisions to conform to it, but when you ask for it and ignore it so often, people stop caring and maybe become jaded.

I don't think Turbine are culturally mature enough to accept negative feedback, thus they just want praise and dismiss anything other than that.

I would be careful Asheras that you don't cross the line into becoming a Turbine apologist.
A lawyer could argue many reasons why the PC's feedback is irrelevant, but most rational people know that Turbine have serious problems with receiving and acting on feedback.
Even the feedback that is in their business interest is ignored - like publishing unfinished product.  And then they're outraged when someone finds an exploit.  Really - so surprised?

I know the PC is an emotive subject, but Turbine REALLY, REALLY need to listen to some advice about the game they seem to know little about playing.

Eg.  Who thinks Shroud Pt 1 is "fun" and/or "challenging"?

It's got nothing to do with being a "Turbine apologist".  What Turbine is doing isn't new.  It's a software industry best practice that has been around for decades.  In almost every industry I've been a part of.  I've been a member of advisory boards (or player councils whatever you want to call them.  They have different names) that are selected from users groups from a number of different software companies in a business capacity.  I was a part of a banking software system's user advisory board when i was the IT manager at a small bank.  When I was a consultant, I participated in advisory boards for CA Unicenter, Microsoft Sharepoint, and Novell Groupwise (that one is really old...).  They all work the exact same way.  No pay.  The software developer gets input from a small group of knowledgeable users.  Besides the NDA, neither side is obligated to do anything really.  It's just advice. 

The people who think the PC is pointless because Turbine is free to ignore the suggestions made really just don't understand how user advisory groups work in software development. 

Turbine does run theirs slightly differently because it's not a business-to-business model.  It's business-to-consumer and consumers don't act like professionals because they are representing their company.  They act like consumers.  But it's also the first week.  Will see how it goes.

EDIT:  I agree 100% with your comment about Shroud Part 1.  It sucks.  It is a boring time sink and I despise it every time I turn on auto attack and run from portal to portal for 5 minutes straight and surf the net on my other monitor.
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2016 at 9:58am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #172 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 10:03am
Print Post  

Show us on the doll where the mean Vaultie hurt you.

Be serious.  How could a vault members make the council a complete waste of time?

IP Logged

yardarm_
Toothless Molehunter

I Love Drama!

Reply #173 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 10:05am
Print Post  

Fucktard, you wish. Otherwhise this piece of shit game wouldn't have been the same as it is today.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #174 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 10:09am
Print Post  
Lol if this moron think the Vault is so bad for the game why he is here?

And people complain about Puerto Potty Bitch Princess, FranOhTard is worse for this forum than my little pet.

Dear players,

Love,

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 
Send TopicPrint