Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Utility for cleric nowadays? (builds suggestions) (Read 8568 times)
Spector
Korthos Resident

Everybody dies.

Utility for cleric nowadays? (builds suggestions)
Feb 8th, 2016 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Hello all,

So, I do like playing cleric (healer - I do like the aura, burst, etc.) but playing a healer nowadays is boring as hell since everyone is self-healer.

So I've been trying some alternatives to my cleric, so he can be useful when not healing.

DPS, trapping, whatever.

Suggestions? I'm actually a PDK with high CHA for Greatsword damage with some pally/fighter splashes, but it SUCKS.

Not sure it can be saved, but if not, I can use a +20 Heart and start over.

Cheers!

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Re: Utility for cleric nowadays? (builds suggestions)
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Do you even WIS based Favored Soul, faggot?
« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2016 at 12:18pm by [] »  

IP Logged

Holyavatar
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
NO...u cant do anything as a cleric in end game contents beside piking....

You definitely can play any cleric build like warpreist,but they are...flavours.. Cheesy

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #3 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
FVS hoe moe sects you all!

IP Logged

Sgtgig
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #4 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
DC casting is only thing divines are any good at but you're not as good as Wizard cause no Mass Hold or Danceballs. Not even really as good as Druid cause no Earthquake, no Mantle of the Icy Soul (effectively +4 DC's), and you don't do as much damage with Burst of Glacial Wrath which is a pretty neat spell.

You can go for spell DPS but you're not as good as sorc, let alone Warlock or pretty much any melee build.

Just max your WIS, max it to all hell and hope for the best. Clerics are not useless, they're just kinda not optimal.

Perhaps wait for u30 cause deep gnome will be +4 WIS. And we'll eventually get a caster/cleric pass but than could be a long time from now.

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Feb 9th, 2016 at 12:25am
Print Post  
Have to agree with Gig, DC casting is about the only thing a Cleric can do these days.

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #6 - Feb 9th, 2016 at 6:59am
Print Post  
Wait for the next Lamannia weekend. Some builders are working on healer+AA+Shiradi builds that look quite promising.
You can build a WIS based elven Cleric or Soul and use paralyzing arrows, nerfe venom and pin between heals. The elemental arrows can be used for a moderated amount of damage when no CC is needed. Heals + LE CC + any non trivial amount of damage is better than a plain healer.
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2016 at 7:01am by string table error, tableDID »  

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #7 - Feb 9th, 2016 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Galadriel wrote on Feb 9th, 2016 at 12:25am:
Have to agree with Gig, DC casting is about the only thing a Cleric can do these days.

Bollocks. People just need to learn to play. There's no quest you can't do.
I wouldn't go full retard DCs, max spellpower with reasonable DCs is better imo.
DC hjealer is one trick pony helpless against deathwarded or immune trash and bosses.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Feb 9th, 2016 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
2 druid 5 ranger 13 cleric swf twf wolf

Heal +Amerliorating Strike built in.

DoD, balanced attacks, sense weakness + LD for dps.

Also works for FVS past life.

But you are screwed, since you are LG.

You could use the repeater proc idea. Ranger/Warlock/X.
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2016 at 11:25pm by »  

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Feb 10th, 2016 at 12:28am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Feb 9th, 2016 at 11:15am:
I wouldn't go full retard DCs, max spellpower with reasonable DCs is better imo.
DC hjealer is one trick pony helpless against deathwarded or immune trash and bosses.

Nobody said go retard with the DC. However you still need a viable enough DC to have it land. The down side is slightly less crit and spell power.

Also last time I checked, deathward/immunity wasn't something that prevented DC casters from being useful. If you can't instakill it, you can CC it and kill it with minimal effort and bosses leave all casters in the same boat with just varying degrees of spell power.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #10 - Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:50am
Print Post  
DC Casting on a divine can be really fun. My FvS can get an Evo DC up to 88 at the moment with temp stat buffs.  Implosion is still the best spell in the game.  (Unless you count Hurl thru Hell).  Because it works on everything.  You take Greater Command and Destruction too.  Destruction for when Implosion is timered and Greater Command to attack High Fort/Low will save mobs that you are having a hard time imploding.  Greater Command is almost as good as hold, except it doesn't generate helpless state.  But with a high DC, they will be sitting down for a long time. 

You need to get some light spell power going as your boss DPS option.  Divine Power is really strong and there are some SLA's that really lower the spell point cost of doing DPS. 

Your boss DPS is the biggest weak area, imo, for a divine.  Unless you want to say screw the DC casting and go full Light Spell Power.  If you do that, you can get your spell power up in the 700-800 range and really bring the hurt, but, as mentioned, it will still lag behind Sorc and Warlock.  And you won't have the DC's to CC or insta-kill anything.  (Assuming you run EE and LH/LE.  If you are running EN/EH/LN then your DC's may still work).

IP Logged

Spector
Korthos Resident

Everybody dies.

Reply #11 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 10:30am
Print Post  
Alrite peeps, I'll give these ideas a try. Thanks a lot.

Cheers!

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #12 - Mar 2nd, 2016 at 2:15am
Print Post  
string table error, tableDID wrote on Feb 9th, 2016 at 6:59am:
You can build a WIS based elven Cleric or Soul and use paralyzing arrows, nerfe venom and pin between heals. The elemental arrows can be used for a moderated amount of damage when no CC is needed. Heals + LE CC + any non trivial amount of damage is better than a plain healer.

You are doing god's work, sir. Wait, is The Undying Court a god? It's kinda confusing. Maybe you're just making it easier for Auberon & Titania to keep fucking with people.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #13 - Mar 2nd, 2016 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:50am:
DC Casting on a divine can be really fun

Dunno man, I just made tier 3 GS Wis stick and went full retard DCs this life ( again ) and just thought why the fuck do I bother.
92 or 93 evo and 75 ish other schools and I can't kill fucking kobolds reliably and without blowing sp like mad.
Plus still have to have spell pen twisted - even with taking some feats and having all spell pen past lives.

Full spellpower build just feels much stronger.
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2016 at 12:35pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Mar 2nd, 2016 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Feb 9th, 2016 at 11:15am:

Wipe wrote on Mar 2nd, 2016 at 12:32pm:
Dunno man, I just made tier 3 GS Wis stick and went full retard DCs this life ( again ) and just thought why the fuck do I bother.
92 or 93 evo and 75 ish other schools and I can't kill fucking kobolds reliably and without blowing sp like mad.
Plus still have to have spell pen twisted - even with taking some feats and having all spell pen past lives.

Heheheheheeh. Proof people know how to play, they just don't fucking care enough to do so.
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2016 at 1:13pm by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #15 - Mar 2nd, 2016 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Mar 2nd, 2016 at 2:15am:
You are doing god's work, sir. Wait, is The Undying Court a god? It's kinda confusing. Maybe you're just making it easier for Auberon & Titania to keep fucking with people.

The best way to do this is with a /3 Monk Thrower in Shiradi (I know I know, here come the flames) but hear me out.

-With VERY little investment you will get FAR more projectiles to proc your CC/Terror Arrows/Nerve Venom/Rainbow
-With only like a 60 DC from Para arrows you will paralyze everything basically with one throw animation (assuming IPS)
-Elemental Arrows will actually give you Appreciable, SP-free DPS on bosses/red names
-You really don't need 20 Levels of cleric to be a great healer and buffer.
-You can make nice Spell Power/DC/Level drain Shurikens if you have TF mats

You can go a step further and do a hybrid with /6Monk for 10k and if you get your Wisdom to 70-80  you will get that much Range Power during 10k and actually start doing some damage.

I like the idea of 17/3 the most, personally.

« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2016 at 1:13pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #16 - Mar 2nd, 2016 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Heheheheheeh. Proof people know how to play, they just don't fucking care enough to do so.

Touché. But I' ll be always trying !
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2016 at 1:44pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #17 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 1:11am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 2nd, 2016 at 1:12pm:
The best way to do this is with a /3 Monk Thrower in Shiradi (I know I know, here come the flames) but hear me out.

-With VERY little investment you will get FAR more projectiles to proc your CC/Terror Arrows/Nerve Venom/Rainbow
-With only like a 60 DC from Para arrows you will paralyze everything basically with one throw animation (assuming IPS)
-Elemental Arrows will actually give you Appreciable, SP-free DPS on bosses/red names
-You really don't need 20 Levels of cleric to be a great healer and buffer.
-You can make nice Spell Power/DC/Level drain Shurikens if you have TF mats

You can go a step further and do a hybrid with /6Monk for 10k and if you get your Wisdom to 70-80  you will get that much Range Power during 10k and actually start doing some damage.

I like the idea of 17/3 the most, personally.

This is what I did myself because I needed monk past lives anyway (15 cleric/3monk/2figther). But I never advice others (without XP stones in stock) to roll toons with mechanics that might get fixed soon. And the rof with bows is more than sufficient to get reliable LE CC.
« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2016 at 1:13am by string table error, tableDID »  

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #18 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 1:19am
Print Post  
string table error, tableDID wrote on Mar 3rd, 2016 at 1:11am:
This is what I did myself because I needed monk past lives anyway (15 cleric/3monk/2figther). But I never advice others (without XP stones in stock) to roll toons with mechanics that might get fixed soon. And the rof with bows is more than sufficient to get reliable LE CC.

3 Monk doesnt get you PLs

no one said they're going to fix the imbues anytime soon

IP Logged

Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #19 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 1:20am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 3rd, 2016 at 1:19am:
3 Monk doesnt get you PLs

no one said they're going to fix the imbues anytime soon

Yeah.. darn booze. Have some +5 hearts stocked but 8 levels monk and three levels of fighter still leaves 9 levels of cleric. Guess it's time to burn two for one pastlive again. Excessive surplus of  resources makes me lazy.
« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2016 at 1:25am by string table error, tableDID »  

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #20 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 12:36am
Print Post  
BOY DO I HAVE A SHITTY BUILD FOR YOU

6 levels of warlock, take everything in ES but the top row (yes really) so your aura hits every 4 seconds. Go fiend pact, make sure you have light damage on hit.

5 levels of Bard for Blow by Blow, swashbuckle using shortswords and a buckler. CHA to damage, fuck dex/str/int/everything that isn't Cha/Con.

9 levels of Cleric, play a Drow and choose Vulkoor for the shortsword buffs, take the shortsword buff feats and SWF, go up and down Warpriest for that fire/light spell power and that shortsword shit.

So you see where this is going? Shortswords work with swashbuckling and with warpriest, fire pact works with warpriest and with ES Aura and cleave DMG.

Your damage should be on par with warlocks in heroics and so far is working very well for me. I've literally never seen it before, either, but I needed a cleric past life and well here we are.

monk changes 2016 for president

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #21 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Sailias wrote on Mar 5th, 2016 at 12:36am:
BOY DO I HAVE A SHITTY BUILD FOR YOU

6 levels of warlock, take everything in ES but the top row (yes really) so your aura hits every 4 seconds. Go fiend pact, make sure you have light damage on hit.

5 levels of Bard for Blow by Blow, swashbuckle using shortswords and a buckler. CHA to damage, fuck dex/str/int/everything that isn't Cha/Con.

9 levels of Cleric, play a Drow and choose Vulkoor for the shortsword buffs, take the shortsword buff feats and SWF, go up and down Warpriest for that fire/light spell power and that shortsword shit.

So you see where this is going? Shortswords work with swashbuckling and with warpriest, fire pact works with warpriest and with ES Aura and cleave DMG.

Your damage should be on par with warlocks in heroics and so far is working very well for me. I've literally never seen it before, either, but I needed a cleric past life and well here we are.

hmm

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #22 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 5th, 2016 at 9:45am:
hmm

If you want to see it in action* pm me, I have a level 11 running around with the core of this done. It's a variant on the Warlock/Bard/Fighter ES mix that does similar things, this just uses cleric instead of fighter because past life.

*hahahaha

monk changes 2016 for president

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #23 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 11:16am
Print Post  
I would think 3/8/9 and go warlock t5 to focus more on the aura. It's only 1 per 4 seconds though. You could also do 10/10 if you just want to blast since there's a ton of light SP in DD. Then again you could do 17/3 or 14/6 and just focus on melee.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

fork
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Mar 11th, 2016 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Quote:
2 druid 5 ranger 13 cleric

Really? With the non-winter wolf? Is that good enough for epics?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint