Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Utility for cleric nowadays? (builds suggestions) (Read 8579 times)
Tilo
Ex Member

Re: Utility for cleric nowadays? (builds suggestions)
Reply #25 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
The only difference is -1 multiplier on 19-20, or the equivalent of an OC feat, which is minor.

IP Logged

fork
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Mar 14th, 2016 at 8:27am
Print Post  
I thought thebase die changed as well, but I guess swf+twf Is so strong it doesn't matter that much. I might try that next life.

IP Logged

wolff
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 2nd, 2016 at 1:12pm:
The best way to do this is with a /3 Monk Thrower in Shiradi (I know I know, here come the flames) but hear me out. -With VERY little investment you will get FAR more projectiles to proc your CC/Terror Arrows/Nerve Venom/Rainbow-With only like a 60 DC from Para arrows you will paralyze everything basically with one throw animation (assuming IPS)-Elemental Arrows will actually give you Appreciable, SP-free DPS on bosses/red names-You really don't need 20 Levels of cleric to be a great healer and buffer. -You can make nice Spell Power/DC/Level drain Shurikens if you have TF matsYou can go a step further and do a hybrid with /6Monk for 10k and if you get your Wisdom to 70-80  you will get that much Range Power during 10k and actually start doing some damage. I like the idea of 17/3 the most, personally.

Before this thread gets too old, I got a question...  I was playing around with a 13 cleric/6 ranger/1 fighter, to get a build with mass cure serious and at least noticeable DPS using zen archery, AA, & manyshot.  (switching to elven AA at higher level to pick up higher tier AA cores, etc.)   

Think the /3 monk thrower would out perform the /6 ranger with manyshot?   Never played a thrower build, so no clue on that one. 

IP Logged

Nicone
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
i was just searching for a quick Cleric life...
any help plz?

maybe 2rogue/9warlock/9Cleric
or will be faster 10lock/10Cleric?????

Salute.

IP Logged

Nubicus
Dragon Raider

Dick 2020

Reply #29 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
If you want to play a quick heroic cleric life... just play a freakin cleric. You get spells faster than FVS, and you can add some spell casting stuff for flavor if need be.

IP Logged

Nicone
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Nubicus wrote on Mar 16th, 2016 at 8:35pm:
If you want to play a quick heroic cleric life... just play a freakin cleric. You get spells faster than FVS, and you can add some spell casting stuff for flavor if need be.

Have a build and some numbers?? tks

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #31 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
Nicone wrote on Mar 17th, 2016 at 9:10pm:
Have a build and some numbers?? tks

here is a build I used back several months. he is quite fun and can even run him though (solo) on epic normal/hard and a few elite quests. Again, clerics a really not the endgame chars but they are fun.'

palmer01 wrote on Jun 11th, 2015 at 9:23am:
I am having a lot of fun with a human 15/4/1 Cleric/pally/fighter build at the moment.32 point build (1st life) with the following base stat line:16 str14 dex16 con8 Int8 Wis14 chaPut all your points in str.  Spell points may appear low, but I run Aura and with epic destines (divine crusader) and regen I always have plenty of aura. Swith over to Dreadnaught and use aura and your twists and you can maintain a group or tank heal easily. But I like fighting and with aura up with an occasional burst in between I maintain a party easy while getting in with decent damage.

palmer01 wrote on Jun 11th, 2015 at 9:45am:
Yes, I use THF, i.e. maul and spam cleave and greater cleave; as to your second question, to be honest I never really calculated my average or anything like that, that's not my game plan. I fight, mobs die, I hardly loose any hp with aura up, I win and never die. I do see a plethora of numbers popping though, i would guestimate anywhere from 100-300 non crit, per swing in divine crusader mode; dreadnaught he moves much faster through mobs. Sorry I do not have calculations though.Hes very fun though for me as I am a casual player and I solo Epic normal and hard with ease (I know that's no biggy for most people on here) but that's my playstyle as a family guy, I rarely do raids as they have to be planned out timewise because my kids and wife come first.  Edit: Also with aura up, I have yet to run out of SP. With groups I ahve got low but if you put the right twists in, I find myself never running low. In fact I quest a shitload and never buff but maybe a few times for certain things. I dont have a guild per se with so I never have ship buffs on either.

« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2016 at 10:47pm by palmer01 »  

IP Logged

stardate2115
Dragon Raider

..!..

Reply #32 - Mar 18th, 2016 at 2:18am
Print Post  
dc caster is the correct path imho i love my fvs but that extra two wis from cleric capstone is tempting and the free heavy armor which i recently dropped for better spell pen. ... seriously gear and pl intensive however so go big or go to the mobo's.

..!..       ..!..

IP Logged

stardate2115
Dragon Raider

..!..

Reply #33 - Mar 18th, 2016 at 2:24am
Print Post  
also evo isn't the end all be all you want to max ... go for necro, with 3 pl of arcane alacrity its simple to cycle through slay living and destruction toss in a mass frog on undead/lower fort mobs and hit implosion for the rest... get the enchant ring from that one amrath quest ... drinking heavily again so can't remember the name for your greater command and of course your 3 pl cleric for conj. dc's and you are a healing instakilling ccing nuker

..!..       ..!..

IP Logged

stardate2115
Dragon Raider

..!..

Reply #34 - Mar 18th, 2016 at 2:25am
Print Post  
again highly gear intensive if you want to compete

..!..       ..!..

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #35 - Mar 18th, 2016 at 10:46am
Print Post  
stardate2115 wrote on Mar 18th, 2016 at 2:25am:
again highly gear intensive if you want to compete

That would be the main issue, people looking for a cleric past life build surely don't have that gear.

Cleric swashes easily:

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1457281914/0#0

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint