Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Bravery Bonus (Read 14129 times)
Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Bravery Bonus
Jul 12th, 2016 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Why do morons on the motherboards think that eliminating BB will get us to play on settings less than Elite?   

Especially in heroics.

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Bravery Bonus
Reply #1 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 10:44am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jul 12th, 2016 at 10:35am:
Why do morons on the motherboards think that eliminating BB will get us to play on settings less than Elite?   

Especially in heroics.

Hey be fair! There are 3 heroic quests we run on Hard as well.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #2 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 10:58am
Print Post  

Especially in heroics.

They’re morons, it’s what they do.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
It might get new players to run on something other than elite, but most of them do that anyway, cause, you know, they have to.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #4 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 1:06pm
Print Post  

Especially in heroics.

Depends how it's done and if they kill the rest ( Dungeon scaling, Dungeon Alert ).

And if they bring back the old underlevel bonus to replace the (not)Bravery One.

Doing VON3 with LVL 5 Characters is a challenge, even on Normal.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #5 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
platfarmchink wrote on Jul 12th, 2016 at 10:44am:
Hey be fair! There are 3 heroic quests we run on Hard as well.

Litany, Shadowcrypt and ? Sane Asylum, Spies, Gop or Inferno if you miss the right frame ?

IP Logged

pape
Dragon Raider

Reply #6 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
I would guess one would be Devils Assault, because no BB.

Can't think of any others.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #7 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
There was a time back when running Hard was the zergers' preference, because the completions were much faster which meant more XP/ minute.

Especially at Lvl 18, where there's so much content and shit can be a pain to complete with a build that doesn't hit stride until Epic Destinies.

But nowadays, the Power Creep and ultra-twinked toons mean that there's little to no difference in completion times between Elite and Hard, so you may as well run Elite to get the full BB and Favour (re: free TP).

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

wogoflove
Korthos Resident

Stop Breathing......

Reply #8 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Winter Is Coming!!!

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #9 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Cordoba has face-fucked everyone not even a little restarted over the years. Fuckin Christ my friends we'd be better off with KNN as the forum mod. At least he'll kill himself eventually.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 7:38pm
Print Post  

Especially in heroics.

I was unaware that this was the moronic position to take.

I remember back before BB was introduced, the standard way that most EXP parties ran was a few runs of normal, then hard, then elite (or alternately, normal, then hard farm, then elite). This was one of the quicker ways to milk a quest for what it was worth, and was what people would do since there was no real incentive to run elite first. It makes sense that if turbine removed BB, then things would likely revert to how they used to be, as there would again be no real incentive to run elite first.

Personally I love the effect BB has had on my own leveling, but think it's been disastrous for new players and for grouping. What it does is it heavily encourages all players--regardless of how experienced they are--to run quests on elite. As a result, you get a lot of fucktards and downright idiots joining quests on elite when their builds really aren't meant for it, or when they have absolutely no clue about the quest.

My old-school mentality has trained me to believe, and rightly so in my opinion, that "elite" means you should be a competent player who knows what s/he's doing. I don't like how if I put up a LFM these days for elite, I'll get a party full of incompetent idiots. These are people who should be running on lower difficulties, but who have been programmed to run everything on elite because of BB. What BB has done is to incentivize me to just solo the entire game, except for those few quests which absolutely require extra bodies. And that's not a good position for any "MMO" to be, where it puts people in a position that encourages them to solo content, rather than encouraging them to group up.

WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jul 12th, 2016 at 7:25pm:
. Fuckin Christ my friends we'd be better off with KNN as the forum mod. At least he'll kill himself eventually.

lol
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2016 at 7:38pm by »  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
pape wrote on Jul 12th, 2016 at 3:38pm:
I would guess one would be Devils Assault, because no BB.

Can't think of any others.

Same here.  Litany, etc are raids and aren't usually referred to as quests.  I'll run the XP 'dailies' on Hard, but only after I've done them once on Elite for the BB and favor.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #12 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I was unaware that this was the moronic position to take.

I remember back before BB was introduced, the standard way that most EXP parties ran was a few runs of normal, then hard, then elite (or alternately, normal, then hard farm, then elite). This was one of the quicker ways to milk a quest for what it was worth, and was what people would do since there was no real incentive to run elite first. It makes sense that if turbine removed BB, then things would likely revert to how they used to be, as there would again be no real incentive to run elite first.

Personally I love the effect BB has had on my own leveling, but think it's been disastrous for new players and for grouping. What it does is it heavily encourages all players--regardless of how experienced they are--to run quests on elite. As a result, you get a lot of fucktards and downright idiots joining quests on elite when their builds really aren't meant for it, or when they have absolutely no clue about the quest.

My old-school mentality has trained me to believe, and rightly so in my opinion, that "elite" means you should be a competent player who knows what s/he's doing. I don't like how if I put up a LFM these days for elite, I'll get a party full of incompetent idiots. These are people who should be running on lower difficulties, but who have been programmed to run everything on elite because of BB. What BB has done is to incentivize me to just solo the entire game, except for those few quests which absolutely require extra bodies. And that's not a good position for any "MMO" to be, where it puts people in a position that encourages them to solo content, rather than encouraging them to group up.

lol

Pretty much all of this.

Back in the day when I started, I actually read the quest description for "Normal, Hard and Elite" and ran things on Normal, because I didn't know the game and had no clue what I was doing. I then ran Hard if I gained a level or needed more XP.

I didn't run Elite unless I had to, and I actively avoided it otherwise. My entire Guild was full of people just like me then too. The LFMs were full of us newbs bumbling through quests with our Ember Longswords.

Now we're all surly completionist vets with a dozen toons each on multiple TRs so our perspective has changed.

I almost never see an LFM for anything other than Elite unless it's Epic or Legendary.

So yeah, while I also love BB for soloing XP, I have to agree there should be a better system in place to incentivize the other difficulties.

Or at least make it less punitive for new/ unprepared/ crappy players to run not-Elite.

Of course, that sort of change would kind of be "Closing the barn door once the horses have run" like they did with the No Death Bonus, but anything that slows the bleeding at this point would be a welcome change.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #13 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
They should keep BB, but give max favor for normal instead of elite. That would fuck with everybody.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #14 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:
What it does is it heavily encourages all players--regardless of how experienced they are--to run quests on elite.

Or solo on normal.

I helped a new player a couple of months ago, he was in a quest on normal and he and his hireling had died and he didn't want to lose the hour and a half he'd already invested so he asked for help on general and I went in and raised him. We chatted a bit, and he said he runs all his quests on normal solo because he can only find elite LFMs and he hates feeling like a useless lump riding in somebody's backpack.

Not seeing LFMs is bad enough, seeing LFMs but only ones that will make you feel inadequate has got to be worse. And that's all a new player would see now. I don't know if killing the bravery bonus is the answer, but I'm pretty sure adding 200 more levels of crafting grind isn't  Roll Eyes

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 11:00pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jul 12th, 2016 at 9:12pm:
I helped a new player a couple of months ago, he was in a quest on normal and he and his hireling had died and he didn't want to lose the hour and a half he'd already invested so he asked for help on general and I went in and raised him.

I'm glad he had picked up enough to even know that he could do that from inside the dungeon.

I hope you also told him that he wouldn't lose the hour and a half he'd already invested as long as he could get back into the dungeon within 5 minutes.

I hope you also had a good chuckle about his having spent 90 minutes in a dungeon and still not having finished it.  Was he aware of the wiki?  I understand that fumbling around for clues can be a pain in an unfamiliar dungeon, but not a 90 minute pain.  What got me past that hump was learning to lean on the 'q' key so I'd see all the levers, buttons, doors, etc.  And the wiki.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #16 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jul 12th, 2016 at 8:40pm:
They should keep BB, but give max favor for normal instead of elite. That would fuck with everybody.

I've campaigned for Max Favour to be moved to Hard many times.
Just change from 2,4,6 {let's ignore Casual but it does give half of normal favour too} and 4,8,12 etc. N/H/E to 3,6 and 6,12 etc. N/H/nothing extra for Elite.

I promise you if the above happened I'd personally not step foot {my characters that is} in Elite again outside of Sagas which I tend to only do the Epic ones once per life anyway and just farm Heroic GH on a Lvl 30 Warlock who can get 4 saga completions on a 3hr pot on top of the original completion before drinking said pot!

Change Sagas to give Max Renown Reward on Hard as well and I'll NEVER Step foot in an Elite again!

Those are literally the ONLY TWO REASONS I RUN ELITE AT ALL!

Favour AND Renown!

« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2016 at 11:09pm by FranOhmsford »  

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

LordHumungus
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jul 12th, 2016 at 11:00pm:
I hope you also told him that he wouldn't lose the hour and a half he'd already invested as long as he could get back into the dungeon within 5 minutes.

This one doesn't always work. Got a nasty batch of champs in the end fight of Archon's Trial and got caught with a ton of light damage. Didn't really want to do the whole quest again, so I figured I'd just take the xp hit and come back. Made it back in less than 2 minutes, but no deal. Wanted me to start over. I logged out instead.

IP Logged

Illiterate
Titan Demolisher

Yataaaa

Reply #18 - Jul 13th, 2016 at 1:35am
Print Post  
If they removed BB that would be 1 thing taken away from VIPs. Who gives a shit about opening Elite when you just farm quests on n/h/e?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #19 - Jul 13th, 2016 at 4:48am
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jul 12th, 2016 at 11:09pm:
I've campaigned for Max Favour to be moved to Hard many times.

I'm with you, but only to be a dick to everybody who's sick of you turning everything into a story about yourself.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #20 - Jul 13th, 2016 at 6:00am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jul 13th, 2016 at 4:48am:
I'm with you, but only to be a dick to everybody who's sick of you turning everything into a story about yourself.

IP Logged

DDONoob
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jul 13th, 2016 at 6:28am
Print Post  
Neeeh, keep BB. Just remove dungeon scaling on elite

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Jul 13th, 2016 at 6:41am
Print Post  
LordHumungus wrote on Jul 12th, 2016 at 11:37pm:
This one doesn't always work. Got a nasty batch of champs in the end fight of Archon's Trial and got caught with a ton of light damage. Didn't really want to do the whole quest again, so I figured I'd just take the xp hit and come back. Made it back in less than 2 minutes, but no deal. Wanted me to start over. I logged out instead.

Hmmm, I've had that happen once in GoP, also at the end fight (as if people die in there anywhere else) but I thought it was a fluke.  But that's the only time I haven't been able to re-enter as long as I make the timer.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jul 13th, 2016 at 8:10am
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jul 12th, 2016 at 11:09pm:
I promise you if the above happened I'd personally not step foot {my characters that is} in Elite again

Really? It would be your characters that wouldn't step into Elite ever again? You don't say! And here I thought you PERSONALLY were hopping into the computer and running these quests on Elite. And now I come here and find out that's not the case! Well blow me down!

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jul 13th, 2016 at 8:29am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jul 13th, 2016 at 6:41am:
Hmmm, I've had that happen once in GoP, also at the end fight (as if people die in there anywhere else) but I thought it was a fluke.  But that's the only time I haven't been able to re-enter as long as I make the timer.

Were you using a hireling or had you invited someone to party before re-entering? Breaking or forming a party would cause it to ignore the 5 minute timer. A hireling getting dismissed when you release would probably count.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint