Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Direct Damage Fire/Light/Force Build (Read 7144 times)
harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Direct Damage Fire/Light/Force Build
Sep 6th, 2016 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Is there any way to make a good caster outside of Shiradi utilizing Fire/Light/Force combos and Warlock/Favored Soul/Priest and/or maybe Wizard?

There's so much synergy there between EDs, Enhancements, and Spells...I'm not sure I've seen a good updated one recently.

I guess the first question is where are the DC synergies vis a vis ability scores (CHA for Warlock/Draconic or Wis for Divine Crusader and Cleric, etc).

Divine Disciple has some interesting SLA's and spells but never seems to get used. Warlocks obviously have ES for Force or whatever the other one is for Fire.

I have a caster and I am tired of Shiradi CM SLA builds. I would like any links to builds you guys know about or just brainstorming here. I guess I am not totally opposed to Shiradi being the Destiny for this, but it would be cool if there's another one that offers as much or more for the right build.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Re: Direct Damage Fire/Light/Force Build
Reply #1 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 2:31pm:
Is there any way to make a good caster outside of Shiradi utilizing Fire/Light/Force combos and Warlock/Favored Soul/Priest and/or maybe Wizard?

There's so much synergy there between EDs, Enhancements, and Spells...I'm not sure I've seen a good updated one recently.

I guess the first question is where are the DC synergies vis a vis ability scores (CHA for Warlock/Draconic or Wis for Divine Crusader and Cleric, etc).

Divine Disciple has some interesting SLA's and spells but never seems to get used. Warlocks obviously have ES for Force or whatever the other one is for Fire.

I have a caster and I am tired of Shiradi CM SLA builds. I would like any links to builds you guys know about or just brainstorming here. I guess I am not totally opposed to Shiradi being the Destiny for this, but it would be cool if there's another one that offers as much or more for the right build.

The bottleneck is the lack of light-based multi-hit and AE spells which are crucial for triggering lots of Shiradi procs.  You've got a few SLAs, a few beams/rays, and Divine Punishment. The only light-based AEs are in the Warlock's ES tree.

It's not hard to use the synergies to get fire and light spell power really high.  The catch is end-game mobs that are resistant or immune to fire.  That leaves you relying on light based spells which really restricts your AE damage output unless you're an ES warlock.

It's probably easier/better to just roll an evocation based Fiend Warlock running in ES and go full retard in fire and light spell power.

You might be able to frankenstein something together with 10 sorcerer, 6 warlock, and 4 fvs.  Not sure if that has any hope of being better than a pure warlock though.
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2016 at 4:30pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #2 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
You're still thinking Shiradi. I said direct damage, as in Exalted Angel ED. Which has a very powerful AE light spell (Sunbolt and Divine Wrath).

The only problem with both of those I think is that I'm not sure Evocation modifiers affect their DC or not. They are both 10 + CL + Wisdom/Cha Mod so like 75 Reflex or Wil DC without modifiers (at 80 Cha or Wis).

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #3 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
It does seem like a 20 Warlock in EA is the way to go.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2016 at 4:57pm by »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
hold off until the fvs cleric pass.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #6 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Isn't this just a Tree build dude?

IP Logged

zoriaan
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 4:48pm:

^^^This. You can get to an 80+ cha fairly easily, and as you mention in exalted angel it works well..very well. Most of our guild run their pure locks in Exalted. Shiradi locks are OK but exalted blows it out the water imo.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Sonic/Light/Physical?

You can super boost fire, but I don't think  high light damage is mathematically possible.

BFT is epic not because it is just a tree build, but because it is also a fully functioning 20 warlock.
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2016 at 8:26pm by »  

IP Logged

The Royal Shit-Bird
Dirty Sock

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 8:50pm
Print Post  

Easy swap to Unyielding for Legendary survivability with tankiness as well

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #10 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
zoriaan wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 6:10pm:
^^^This. You can get to an 80+ cha fairly easily, and as you mention in exalted angel it works well..very well. Most of our guild run their pure locks in Exalted. Shiradi locks are OK but exalted blows it out the water imo.

The Royal Shit-Bird wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 8:50pm:
Easy swap to Unyielding for Legendary survivability with tankiness as well

Thanks guys, this is probably what I'll do once I cap levels in the new crafting.

Quote:
Sonic/Light/Physical?

You can super boost fire, but I don't think  high light damage is mathematically possible.

BFT is epic not because it is just a tree build, but because it is also a fully functioning 20 warlock.

I appreciate your very unconventional builds. However, this is for a not terribly often played alt who needs to be useful with little effort in LE's for farming new content post U32. Few past lives, hand me down gear, etc. Probably go with Warlock 20 until FvS pass makes them FoTM

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #11 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
zoriaan wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 6:10pm:

Do you have a rough build template you like? Are you taking DC feats or just Spell Power ones? I haven't done a pure Warlock yet. Also I assume you're T5 in ES?

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #12 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Have you run this in LE Shroud or is this just more theorycrafting?

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #13 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 4:35pm:
You're still thinking Shiradi. I said direct damage, as in Exalted Angel ED. Which has a very powerful AE light spell (Sunbolt and Divine Wrath).

The only problem with both of those I think is that I'm not sure Evocation modifiers affect their DC or not. They are both 10 + CL + Wisdom/Cha Mod so like 75 Reflex or Wil DC without modifiers (at 80 Cha or Wis).

You are correct.  I prefer Shiradi.  EA only has the one AE.  It helps but still not enough to truly fix the lack of light-based AEs on a non-ES warlock.

I played a pure 20 Fey warlock extensively in both Shiradi and EA back when the cap was 28.   Shiradi always seemed better overall.  EA was definitely solid but it seemed like Shiradi was better all around for rolling through missions quickly.  EA had better single target DPS though.

Maybe the fire synergy with a Fiend warlock puts EA ahead but I think it is close either way.

IP Logged

The Royal Shit-Bird
Dirty Sock

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
IMO go damage all the way. I choose fey, but you may want fiend for hurl thru hell. Fey is my personal choice, offering misty escape (good for levelling, until u have EA wings) as well as Otto's irresistible dance and greater dispel magic.
Max, empower, quicken and intensify your bursts.

Max con and charisma at creation with the remainder in int. If you choose fey make sure you pump points into perform as it increases sonic power. All levelling into con.
ES tree to t5
TS just enough to get chain and as much addnl die of damage t3 iirc.

I went with sun elf for the addnl light spell power and DW/SR buff and LRed away the cleric level but any race will do fine.

In Unyielding I sit at 174 prr, 166 ac with ~3400 HP when I hit shining through
Twist in empyrean magic, cocoon,energy burst, primal scream
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2016 at 10:04pm by The Royal Shit-Bird »  

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #15 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 2:10am
Print Post  
Roll 20 es tardlock like every shitty player and half the server over level 20.
Smash elites like Fran does !!!

IP Logged

zoriaan
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 2:45am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 9:03pm:
Do you have a rough build template you like? Are you taking DC feats or just Spell Power ones? I haven't done a pure Warlock yet. Also I assume you're T5 in ES?

Slarden's basic ES blaster is still pure win...it works in LE shroud just fine, and in all other LE content you sleepwalk the quest...pop the occasional cocoon and you are good to go...

This is really the perfect LE speedfarmer.

I went human for an extra feat...worth it imo.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/460700-Pure-Casting-Warlock-DC-Eld-Bla...

He has a Necro lock, and yes, they do work even in LE shroud, linked a bit down, where he gives a breakdown of a 92 CHA on a lock (this might be a bit tough to hit, depends).

Tilo also has a very good basic GOO build, which MANY people play, but, nothing against Tilo, this build is too tanky (you literally cannot die), and sacrifices some damage for crazy defenses - I prefer Slardens split for raw damage.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/469463-Basic-GOO?s=909a59e2902ae243264...

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #17 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 7:18am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 2:10am:
Roll 20 es tardlock like every shitty player and half the server over level 20.
Smash elites like Fran does !!!

ES Warlock in EE/LE is not always a stroll through the park even for non-shitty players in a synergistic ED.

20 Fighter PDK TWF Khopesh 41 Kensai/38Stalwart/1PDK kills more shit, faster with better DCs (using KTA ofc and ignoring Cha to hit/damage/tactics shit in PDK)

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

zoriaan
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 8:02am
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 7:18am:
ES Warlock in EE/LE is not always a stroll through the park even for non-shitty players in a synergistic ED.

20 Fighter PDK TWF Khopesh 41 Kensai/38Stalwart/1PDK kills more shit, faster with better DCs (using KTA ofc and ignoring Cha to hit/damage/tactics shit in PDK)

I am sorry but I just don't see this happening, ever. The only time that a fighter will out-kill a half decently built/played pure 20 ES lock in regular EE/LE questing is if the lock belongs to Fran.

You have clearly not played a bladeforged warlock - hands down likely the toughest toon around. I have a 1st life bladeforged lock and he has no trouble even in LE shroud.

Human is slightly more tricky purely because cocoon does not hit for like 3000HP like the robot repair SLA, but still piss easy to play.

IP Logged

zoriaan
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 8:05am
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 7:18am:
S Warlock in EE/LE is not always a stroll through the park even for non-shitty players in a synergistic ED.

Upon reading this again I just realized you must be trolling...

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #20 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 11:23am
Print Post  

Yeah, let the aura run and spam the SLAs. It's not complicated.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Laser Light Show

13 cleric, 4 fvs, 3 wiz DG

AoE Rotation soundburst, flame strike sla, flame strike, ED burst

few target rotation soundburst, sun bolt, x, sunbolt, y,

Take maximize from 2 of three trees of AM+ DD or AoV

Combine with DG cloak of maximize reduction for free maximize on sun bolt/flame strike

Take spell pen out of all 3 trees, play in EA for more spell pen.

Twist Evo familiarity, evo focus, spell pen from magistar

Use arcane alacrity featx3 EPL

Feats standard evo, metas, spell pen.

Since sunbolt is half the rotation, and on a 2.3 sec cd, and the other half the rotation is garbage fill, you can expect this build to be about 40% as powerful as electric critzilla in epics. However, in heroics, you will pwn the shit out of everything with the AoE combo.

Hey, you wouldn't happen to know if one could  hit a reasonable enchant + evo + spell pen on a 5 rogue 15 cleric morning lord GXBow terror build do you? I want to blind the mobs and try to stun what I can, to get the GXBow sneak damage, while pking them, in EA with light dmg backup i guess. Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2016 at 8:57pm by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #22 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Tilo,

that build idea is the definition of MAD. I think it's trying to do too many things at once.

I'm excited for a new version of my Deathstars build because it will have strong Red Named/PK Immune DPS and like 85-87 PK DC. It will run in FoTW though.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #23 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
zoriaan wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 8:02am:
I am sorry but I just don't see this happening, ever. The only time that a fighter will out-kill a half decently built/played pure 20 ES lock in regular EE/LE questing is if the lock belongs to Fran.

You have clearly not played a bladeforged warlock - hands down likely the toughest toon around. I have a 1st life bladeforged lock and he has no trouble even in LE shroud.

Human is slightly more tricky purely because cocoon does not hit for like 3000HP like the robot repair SLA, but still piss easy to play.

You'd be wrong about the fighter outkilling warlocks in EE/LE.  Very wrong actually.

I had to eat a serious amount of crow while running a fotw shuriken build on my last life.  In most groups and raids, I doubled and often tripled the next closest kill counts.  One of my guildies leveled up a PDK pure fighter right after the Kensai pass.  I was talking shit to him and telling him to roll a good class/build.  Once he hit 30, he proceeded to outkill me in probably half the missions and raids we ran.  He was melting mobs like it was heroic hard instead of LE.

I'm currently running Eth's 10/6/4 undead shiradi and with nearly identical gear to what Eth listed.  I'm level 30.  This same guildie recently TR'd the fighter into a Bladeforged THF 15/4/1 Fighter/Monk/Cleric.  He was level 29 in an LH shroud we ran last night.  He outkilled me, another skilled guildie running a good shuriken build, and a good auralock in that raid.

Fighters can bring some serious pain if they're built and played properly these days.
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2016 at 4:59pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 8th, 2016 at 1:46pm:
Fighters can bring some serious pain if they're built and played properly these days.

check out cetus on his new thread. aside the sick gameplay, fighter is getting like 240 melee power

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint