Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic high resolution graphics (Read 11859 times)
hog
Ex Member

high resolution graphics
Sep 28th, 2016 at 2:21am
Print Post  
hi there,
how do i know if i have high resolution graphics installed on ddo?
i dont have directx 11 available on options only dx9 but i have ultra high graphics option available
also some times the client resets the settings by it self on windows 10 and asks me if i want to install the high resolution like when you open it for first time,i choose yes but nothink installed
compare it the folder size on my computer with a friend folder size mine is 9,85 gb and friends one 10,8 gb  Shocked
also every time that the client resets the settings, on control panel the ddo has installation date the day that the setings was reset
never had a problem in windows 8 , 7 , vista or xp playing ddo from 2006 with dx 11 or high graphics and i think the dx 11 problem or the folder size means high res is not installed on my pc
before starting critism for my english yes i know is very bad but not my language
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2016 at 2:23am by »  

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Re: high resolution graphics
Reply #1 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 2:25am
Print Post  
your english was good enough

http://ddowiki.com/page/System_requirements

Renderer: DirectXŽ 10 or DirectXŽ 11

high res claims to require 10 or 11, since you claim to be in 9, i reach the conclusion that you are NOT running high res

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

hog
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 2:47am
Print Post  
i suspect the same that for some reason ddo not runing with high res and they dont want to download it but i dont know why
as i know the high res needs extra 3gb space
my folder on windows 10 of ddo has 9,85 gb and a friends folder who runs with dx 11 so has high res is 10,8 gb, so we have different size but is not the 3gb
it is possible to check your folder size?
if someone else has high res and we have the same folder size then high res is installed on my ddo and just for some reason the dx 11 not working if the size is different then i must find out why the hell i cant install the high res

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #3 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 3:45am
Print Post  
Quote:
i suspect the same that for some reason ddo not runing with high res and they dont want to download it but i dont know why
as i know the high res needs extra 3gb space
my folder on windows 10 of ddo has 9,85 gb and a friends folder who runs with dx 11 so has high res is 10,8 gb, so we have different size but is not the 3gb
it is possible to check your folder size?
if someone else has high res and we have the same folder size then high res is installed on my ddo and just for some reason the dx 11 not working if the size is different then i must find out why the hell i cant install the high res

fuck high resolution, just run it in windowed mode, lowest settings 1024*768 res.

The game sucks so much by now that reducing visual experience wont really ruin it much.  Roll Eyes

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

hog
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 4:13am
Print Post  
Grin
i will disapoint you but its still the best game for me thats why i m still playing it Tongue
not far away, 2 months ago a guildy asked me to download wow just to see it,well...i lost 2 hours downloading the friking game,no more than 5 min was my patience to stay online, after 5 mins i uninstall it immediately and i was wonder how millions of player worldwide playing this garbage
like ddo nothink else with duping or with out (personaly i like duping Tongue )with bugs or with  out is the best

IP Logged

hog
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 5:13am
Print Post  
and look what i found Tongue
on random posts which apeared on the aper left corner here on vault just noticed one from 2013
Felgor wrote on May 21st, 2013 at 3:45am:
DDO died a long time ago, we just all have trouble admitting it.

i have heard those words ddo died or ddo now sucks or similar words thousands of times,those random post was from 2013 if i make a search i will found more maybe from 2009 :p we have almost 2017 but still ddo is here , i m still here from 2006 and from that post date till now still we have peoples sayd the same think , ddo has died long ago (well then i m playing with a dead and i did nt noticed Tongue )
many people propably wants ddo death  for every think that is not on hes own metters but ddo will never die
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2016 at 5:16am by »  

IP Logged

FTL
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #6 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 5:16am
Print Post  
Quote:
hi there,
i dont have directx 11 available on options only dx9 but i have ultra high graphics option available
also some times the client resets the settings by it self on windows 10 and asks me if i want to install the high resolution like when you open it for first time,i choose yes but nothink installed
compare it the folder size on my computer with a friend folder size mine is 9,85 gb and friends one 10,8 gb  Shocked
also every time that the client resets the settings, on control panel the ddo has installation date the day that the setings was reset
never had a problem in windows 8 , 7 , vista or xp playing ddo from 2006 with dx 11 or high graphics and i think the dx 11 problem or the folder size means high res is not installed on my pc
before starting critism for my english yes i know is very bad but not my language

To run in DX11 you need a video card that is DX11 compatable which is the nVidia GTX480 or later (no idea about the AMD version though). On top of that since you are on W10 you need the DirectX runtime installing since it includes older files which are needed to run DX11.

My own install for DDO is 10.2GB in size and I run the high res version. W10 is rather twitchy on anything that is in the Program Files directories so try having DDO installed in some other place and try running the shortcut to TurbineLauncher.exe as Admin (right click and select Run as Admin).

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #7 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 6:02am
Print Post  
Quote:
hi there,

Oh, that one is easy... check the DDO Directory.

if you have stuff like client_highres.dat   or something like that... ) you have the High Resolution Textures installed.
they come on top of the normal ( low res )

The folder size is not a good indicator, as due to how the update process works the DAT files are just getting bigger the longer you have been playing DDO.

Quote:
client_anim.dat : should contain the animation information.
client_cell_1 & 2.dat : tied to the maps, maybe locations, 1 for Eberron, 2 for Faerun
client_gamelogic.dat : well game logic, the scripts that runs the game
client_general.dat : general game information
client_highres.dat : High Resolution Textures
client local_xx.dat : DE Kraut local stuff, FR Frog Local stuff.
client_local_English.dat : English local stuff. Local stuff meaning descriptions, fluff texts.
client_map_1 & 2.dat : maps  1 for Eberron, 2 for Faerun
client_mesh.dat : the mesh ( I know it has some meaning in 3D rendering. )
client_sound.dat : Sound files, music, kobold still hates you, and so on.
client_surface : the surface, low res textures.

Updated from :
http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1367966990

Mine stands around 12Gb. ( with High Res Textures. )

eighnuss wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 2:25am:
your english was good enough

http://ddowiki.com/page/System_requirements

Renderer: DirectXŽ 10 or DirectXŽ 11

high res claims to require 10 or 11, since you claim to be in 9, i reach the conclusion that you are NOT running high res

Nope, even DX9 supports High Resolution Textures, that's how I've been playing for ages. It's just tied to the files... if the files are there, and you have access to the high/ultra high settings. If not they are not available.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #8 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 6:38am
Print Post  
Ok, just hit me: it it possible that this guy is another knn?

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #9 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 6:57am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 6:38am:

Nope, just a lurker that wakes up from time to time...

Check his post history, there's none of the Princess usual words and most of the posts have been posted by somebody with more than a working brain cell.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #10 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 11:01am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 6:02am:
Nope, even DX9 supports High Resolution Textures, that's how I've been playing for ages. It's just tied to the files... if the files are there, and you have access to the high/ultra high settings. If not they are not available.

well, im glad i chose to use the words claim in my boobies as well as linking a source so i dont look completely retarded

m4lacka wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 6:38am:

what the fuck is wrong with you he needs help asshole like why   

why

Quote:
To use the DirectX Diagnostic Tool to determine the version of DirectX that is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
Click Start, and then click Run.
Type dxdiag, and then click OK.
On the System tab, note the version of DirectX that is displayed on the DirectX Version line.

the flav suggestion of checking for the high_res.dat file sounds smart. i would also still try to verify that your direct X version was at least on 10 just to eliminate variables.

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 11:29am
Print Post  
DDO installer seems to cause some issue with dx10/11.  Everytime I reinstall ddo, I have to run dxwebsetup to have dx11 as an option.

I think this is the version I use.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Literally, fresh installs of windows 7 and 10.  After installing ddo, first launch only gives me dx 9.  Run dxwebsetup and it updates to dx 11.

IP Logged

Newbin3:16
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 11:43am
Print Post  
FTL wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 5:16am:
To run in DX11 you need a video card that is DX11 compatable which is the nVidia GTX480 or later (no idea about the AMD version though). On top of that since you are on W10 you need the DirectX runtime installing since it includes older files which are needed to run DX11.

My own install for DDO is 10.2GB in size and I run the high res version. W10 is rather twitchy on anything that is in the Program Files directories so try having DDO installed in some other place and try running the shortcut to TurbineLauncher.exe as Admin (right click and select Run as Admin).

My brother-in-law thought he would be helpful and upgrade the OS on my old-ass PC to W10 - what a shit show that was.  Barely functional.  Couldn't get him to change it back fast enough.

IP Logged

hog
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 11:50am
Print Post  
thanks all for the solutions
yes the high res client exists in turbine folder and yes the runtime june 2010 was the solution , i ve install it and ddo regognizes imediatly the dx11
thank you very much everyone Smiley
i m not posting so much because of my bad english to the forum but i follow and read every post here
i love the freedom in the vault  Grin Cheesy
big thanks to all again
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2016 at 11:50am by »  

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #14 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
I think there is no low-res version available anymore, so it'd have to be an old install.

("It" being the theoretical low-res install.)

(Also a fine Stephen King novel of some acclaim.)

(And a mini-series.)

(And an upcoming movie.)

(Drink Coke.)

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #15 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 12:20pm:
think there is no low-res version available anymore, so it'd have to be an old install.

Most probable.

Since Low Res was for the low end computers 10 years ago ( played with the low res on a Vaio T2XP [ Laptop with a Celeron 1.2 GHz and 512Mb of RAM ] optimized for being small and light, definitely not a gaming rig ] ).

I always played in High Res, even on my old rig ( Pentium D 940 + 8800GTS ), and most of the time in dual screen.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #16 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
Quote:
i follow and read every post here

every post here

You are insane.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #17 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 5:45pm:
every post here

You are insane.

Or will be, shortly enough.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #18 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 12:45am
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 8:11pm:
Or will be, shortly enough.

It explains why his English is rough.   Many of the people who speak English as a first language and post here can barely make coherent posts.  What a terrible source of examples for a non-English speaker to see every day.
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2016 at 12:45am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

hog
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 1:50am
Print Post  
every post here

You are insane.

Grin Grin Grin propably yes

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #20 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 1:51am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 29th, 2016 at 12:45am:
It explains why his English is rough.   Many of the people who speak English as a first language and post here can barely make coherent posts.  What a terrible source of examples for a non-English speaker to see every day.

Could be worse. Imagine learning English from Yahoo Answers.

Shit, I think I just wrote a sitcom.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Oracler
Titan Demolisher

Sploits! omnomnom..

Reply #21 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 2:10am
Print Post  
High resolution textures doesn't matter if you run on Full HD or 4K display resolution,

You can see difference only on lower display resolutions.

UI scaling coming to DDO sooner or later.

Here's a drama, There's a drama, and another little drama
Fuzzy drama, Funny drama, drama drama duck

drama drama, cheesecake drama, tablet, brick, potato, drama
drama drama mushroom drama, drama drama duck

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #22 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 5:53am
Print Post