Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Server transfers (Read 17061 times)
spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Re: Server transfers
Reply #50 - Dec 26th, 2016 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:43am:
never mind the Warlocks...

here's the Sex Pistols

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #51 - Dec 26th, 2016 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Dec 26th, 2016 at 4:09pm:
Price is fine for who exactly?

people who use dollars instead of favor to pay for things

Really?

How would this be abused anyway?
What would you consider abuse of server transfers? There's already a time limit for returns.

one example would be veteran status: vet status 2 costs 1495 TP, or requires 3000 favor on a server. its set up to require a large investment. if transfers cost 200 tp like you suggest above, then you could in theory mass produce vet characters on your home server, and then for 1/15 of the price of vet stauts, send them to various servers- circumventing the favor grind or the expenditure of 1495 TP.

another example might be in circumventing limits. raid timers, chest ransack, first time xp bonuses etc.

you need to actually consider the ramifications instead of just not thinking and then being surprised that you
(wait for it)
thought of nothing!

And again, Who is this aimed at with that price?

people who believe the time it takes to get 2500 tp through favor is worth more than the 25 dollars it would cost otherwise. in addition, people who believe moving their character is worth 25 dollars. NOT the people you believe- favor farmers, the poor, and new players.

Got numbers have ya?

At 2500 tp this is a one off special offer price NOT a permanent price with expected repeat sales.
BUT
This is a permanent option NOT a one off sale of something that isn't usually on the store.

what

The Devs might get a spike in transfers from those unhappy with their current server heading to Orien {the Default and therefore by far the most heavily populated server}.
Good luck to those Devs when they change the Default after people have done that though.

Again - The problem isn't that there isn't going to be a spike, yes there's people out there who've been waiting for this opportunity but the hefty price is gonna put off many of them anyway and this price is going to put off repeat usage.

what

this is not some magic fix it button that was finally added to address the calls from tens upon tens of people that their SERVER IS DED MERGE FUKKIN EVERYTHING

people make homes on whatever server, and when the home they create is on a server seperate from one of their pet projects, we give them an option to bring that character into their home. its not some magical refugee program that should be doled out on the cheap to syrians en masse so they can mass relocate to "THE GOOD FULL SERVER"

your misconception of the game worlds is why you cant understand the role of the server transfer

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #52 - Dec 26th, 2016 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Dec 26th, 2016 at 3:45pm:
At 2,495 TP they're pricing out the majority from even using this option!

Stop being poor.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #53 - Dec 26th, 2016 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Dec 26th, 2016 at 10:03pm:
Stop being poor alive.

FTFY

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #54 - Dec 27th, 2016 at 1:03am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Dec 26th, 2016 at 8:56pm:
people who use dollars instead of favor to pay for things

Really?

So for those people what exactly was the problem with the old way of doing transfers at $20 a pop?

I've done multiple transfers at that price when I did have more money - The point of bringing it to TP is to open it up to those who don't have money.

one example would be veteran status: vet status 2 costs 1495 TP, or requires 3000 favor on a server. its set up to require a large investment. if transfers cost 200 tp like you suggest above, then you could in theory mass produce vet characters on your home server, and then for 1/15 of the price of vet stauts, send them to various servers- circumventing the favor grind or the expenditure of 1495 TP.

I did not suggest it cost 200 tp {I have no idea where you got that number from - Out of your Arse perhaps!}.

A 200 Favour Dash on 7 Servers {we'll ignore the main server} gives a total of 1,050 TP!

And the Vet Status idea would likely be more trouble than it's worth to most players.
You still have to earn that favour on the other servers - You don't take Vet Status with you.

another example might be in circumventing limits. raid timers, chest ransack, first time xp bonuses etc.

Rofl!

How much is a Raid Timer Bypass? 200tp? I'm not suggesting the Devs price server transfers that low or even close to that low - There's quite a range between 200 and 2500!

And transferring servers to bypass ransack timers? That's more TP than sense territory!

people who believe the time it takes to get 2500 tp through favor is worth more than the 25 dollars it would cost otherwise. in addition, people who believe moving their character is worth 25 dollars. NOT the people you believe- favor farmers, the poor, and new players.

This should not be a "Whale" item!

The Devs have priced too many people out and really wouldn't say 1200 tp per transfer be just as good at making sure there were no "abuses" of the ability?

At 2,495 you'll get a spike as people who've long been awaiting being able to pay via TP rather than having to get their credit cards out do their transfers.
BUT
Once that spike's over and done with....

Remember: This option has been put on the server screen - It's not you have to find it in the DDOStore, it's right up there front and centre - The Devs want people to use it over and over again but they've priced a large proportion of the population out of using it.
And they're hurting newbies the worst with what can only be now called a "trap" at that price - Bye Bye those packs you were gonna buy. Bye Bye Shared Bank for some time to come.

this is not some magic fix it button that was finally added to address the calls from tens upon tens of people that their SERVER IS DED MERGE FUKKIN EVERYTHING

people make homes on whatever server, and when the home they create is on a server seperate from one of their pet projects, we give them an option to bring that character into their home. its not some magical refugee program that should be doled out on the cheap to syrians en masse so they can mass relocate to "THE GOOD FULL SERVER"

your misconception of the game worlds is why you cant understand the role of the server transfer

Some people out there may want to mass relocate to another server and it might not be to the "full server" either - If that person's main server is Wayfinder but they have 1 character on every other server and want to transfer those 7 characters to Wayfinder to consolidate it would cost them an absolute fortune in DDO terms!

And even at say 1200 tp per transfer it wouldn't be cheap to be transferring multiple characters - It would add up FAST!

I said it was too expensive - I did not say I wanted it to be super cheap - There is room for manoeuvre in between these extremes!

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #55 - Dec 27th, 2016 at 2:35am
Print Post  
I think it's time for you to move out your parents' attic, Fran{k}!

IP Logged

buckeye
Korthos Resident

Reply #56 - Dec 28th, 2016 at 9:43am
Print Post  

It's Ludicrous Pricing!

They are not pitching to the majority.  But I would bet dollars to doughnuts that some of the douche nozzles on the MB are serious when they say they spend their mortgage payments on the game for shit like this.

Every black Friday they may have a great deal for someone like you and me, but the majority of the time they just try to sell gimmicks to keep the money flowing in.  We are just smart enough not to fall for it.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #57 - Dec 28th, 2016 at 11:40am
Print Post  

It's Ludicrous Pricing!

Nothing new here...

When the Yellow Dopant was about to be introduced almost everybody wanted it as an item to buy from
a NPC for a high ammount of plat.... ( at that time plat still had some value )

Turbine thought better and introduced it at a Gay and Retarded price in the Store...
At least we have the 20th completions to gete some, because no way I'm buying one from the store.

Then move on several years later... Introducing Automated Server Transfer ( remember, the old server transfer cost $24 for a reason : it was handmade ), and Turbine ( or is it Standing Falling Stones Games ? ) thought that the new automated method was going to cost as much ( if not more ) as the old CS rep handmade one...

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #58 - Dec 28th, 2016 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Dec 27th, 2016 at 1:03am:
MY PERCEPTION OF THE SITUATION IS DOCUMENTED FACT

oh my bad, i didnt realize this

guess youre right- you should keep crying

sorry for interrupting your frownfest fran

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #59 - Dec 28th, 2016 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Server transfers aren't necessary to play the game.  They are a convenience feature.  Turbine can, and should, profit from such a feature that they invest resources to develop.  It is a way to generate revenue without adding any power creep/p2win to the game. 

The price point seems fine to me, but then I'm not interested in changing servers, anyways, so it is a theoretical thing.  If I were transferring, I'd certainly not complain about it being lower.  I agree with others that pricing it too low might open up some issue given their per server favor and TP system as well as completion timers/tracking. 

All in all, it's a niche feature that a minority of players use, so it's not worth getting worked up about and using 100 ! marks.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #60 - Dec 29th, 2016 at 12:26am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 28th, 2016 at 12:59pm:
Server transfers aren't necessary to play the game.  They are a convenience feature.  Turbine can, and should, profit from such a feature that they invest resources to develop.  It is a way to generate revenue without adding any power creep/p2win to the game. 

The price point seems fine to me, but then I'm not interested in changing servers, anyways, so it is a theoretical thing.  If I were transferring, I'd certainly not complain about it being lower.  I agree with others that pricing it too low might open up some issue given their per server favor and TP system as well as completion timers/tracking. 

All in all, it's a niche feature that a minority of players use, so it's not worth getting worked up about and using 100 ! marks.

Write these down 100 times.

Turbine -> Standing Stone Games
TP -> DDO Point

p.s. Now I must be careful not to do the same thing.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #61 - Dec 29th, 2016 at 12:28am
Print Post  
points should now be stones

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Dec 29th, 2016 at 12:48am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Dec 28th, 2016 at 12:15pm:
oh my bad, i didnt realize this

guess youre right- you should keep crying

sorry for interrupting your frownfest fran

Just noticing how Fran has been reduced to bitching on the dirty Vault because the majority of the Mobos ignore the little whining fuckwit these days, and how he tends to cop infractions more often as well.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #63 - Dec 29th, 2016 at 12:56am
Print Post  
Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Dec 29th, 2016 at 12:26am:
TP -> DDO Point

Actually TP -> DP, which is LOL

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #64 - Dec 29th, 2016 at 4:02am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Dec 29th, 2016 at 12:56am:
Actually TP -> DP, which is LOL

Grin

Seems like a fitting abbreviation.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #65 - Dec 29th, 2016 at 5:26am
Print Post  
Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Dec 29th, 2016 at 4:02am:
Grin

Seems like a fitting abbreviation.

Giggidy

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #66 - Dec 29th, 2016 at 8:24am
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Dec 29th, 2016 at 12:48am:
and how he tends to cop infractions more often as well.

Do I?

How would you know?

2013 - 1
2014 - 7
2015 - 6
2016 - 2

Erm I got the most in 2014!

And the two from 2016 are both expired too.

I'm here simply because I saw this thread and decided to reply to it!

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #67 - Dec 29th, 2016 at 8:26am
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Dec 29th, 2016 at 8:24am:
Do I?

How would you know?

2013 - 1
2014 - 7
2015 - 6
2016 - 2

Erm I got the most in 2014!

And the two from 2016 are both expired too.

I'm here simply because I saw this thread and decided to reply to it!

Hit a nerve I see.   I reckon you're full of shit Francis, because you have had 15 posts moderated and removed in the last 4 months, unless you want to claim Jerry is pulling those posts without giving you infractions?  Wink

IP Logged

LagMonsterrrrrr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Dec 29th, 2016 at 11:46am
Print Post  
I'd love to see those infractions.

I bet it is like: I'm not giving you infrations because i know you are gay and retarded.

Love Jerry.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #69 - Dec 29th, 2016 at 12:20pm
Print Post  

The "majority" in your view being "The people who don't spend money on the game and obtain all of their TP exclusively through favor-grinding."

Yeah, I don't want those people changing servers either.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #70 - Dec 29th, 2016 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Dec 29th, 2016 at 8:26am:
Hit a nerve I see.   I reckon you're full of shit Francis, because you have had 15 posts moderated and removed in the last 4 months, unless you want to claim Jerry is pulling those posts without giving you infractions?  Wink

Again how the fuck would you know how many posts I've had moderated and removed in the last 4 months?

You can believe what you want to believe but I currently have ZERO active infractions and have had only 2 in the last year!

IP Logged

LagMonsterrrrrr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Dec 29th, 2016 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Pls tell us how is the taste of jerry's little penis.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - Dec 30th, 2016 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
LagMonsterrrrrr wrote on Dec 29th, 2016 at 5:47pm:
Pls tell us how is the taste of jerry's little penis.

Actually, pls don't - most of us don't care!
Shocked

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint