Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Completionist, for beginners (Read 13214 times)
wolff
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Completionist, for beginners
Apr 7th, 2017 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
First off, Kudos to 5 Foot Step for the beginners' guides.  Very useful for new players, or old guys like me that have spent 11 years really only playing one of three classes.  Smiley 

Any chance anyone's got any advice to pass on for the best order to acquire past life feats?   I just started a new toon, and I'm about 4 heroic/epic lives in.  Now with racials, I'm really not sure the optimal path to build a completionist... 14 class lives for completionist feat... 20 racial for basically +2 stats for free...  or up to 36 epic lives for pretty nice bonuses overall. 

I'm sure the answer depends on the character's final destination, but not really sure of that, yet.  So, just looking for general thoughts on best bonuses to start with.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Re: Completionist, for beginners
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2017 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
I don't think there is an optimal path, just one that keeps the game fun to play for you.  I think that if I were starting a new character, I would follow the rule of “Only go to level 30 once per ‘full’ reincarnation”.  This means either an iconic reincarnation or an epic reincarnation followed by a heroic or racial.  This would allow me to do most of my reaper XPing in the heroic levels, and to use Orchard/Thunderholm slayers to skate through the epic levels.

I think I would aim for the racial feats and epic completionist first.  I’ve found that a lot of the iconics have really nice racial enhancements that you can normally never afford to buy.  Though I would also probably fit some PDK lives in there as well since all their PL feat is really good, and the good racial enhancements are all low hanging fruit.  Then I would finish the ePLs from the Divine and Primal spheres.

Unless the class just absolutely sucked in epics, I would also pair many of the heroic PLs to iconic reincarnations.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #2 - Apr 7th, 2017 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
Don't worry about XP, play for fun.

If you're gonna grind anything then do Cannith Crafting and Slavers (Heroic / Epic) since they have big bang for buck.

The amount of completionists I see running around in their underwear is hilarious when all those past lives don't compare to optimal gear at level.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #3 - Apr 7th, 2017 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
I was sort of thinking something similar lately, like an entire toon from zero to xp-immune.  Probably want to take the ones like paladin/fighter/monk/warlock early, since they're tough enough without past lives, and add some useful stuff to future ones (as opposed to something like druid).

For racial past lives, figure out the ones that really benefit from a bunch of points, and do those last.  Dwarf/AA spring to mind.

Epic-wise, I like doing two on a life.  There's so much xp now if you run raper that you can skip almost everything with an epic component, and then if you get the BB streaks going in epic, it's crazy.  First run though, it's just quests, then I'll go back to 20, and hit TH/Orchard/KF/whatever right off the bat to get to 24 again.  Since you burned the BB the first time through, your groups open up so you can run with 20-30, and it's pretty easy.  Then back to 20 and to 15 or 1 again.

Depends on your playstyle what you want from epics... I like fast healing, but lots of people go for Colors.  Get one from each sphere, since you can have four stances running at once, then max out each one in turn.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #4 - Apr 9th, 2017 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
First of all I find the advice "don't worry about XP play for fun" hilarious because it's always from people who almost certainly grinded for years at PL's to have one or many completionist toons, and did lots of grinding that wasn't that fun.

That aside, it's not that any given TR can't be fun, it's that when you're looking at a mountain of lives to do, the spectre of how many you still need to do to do them all is at times soulcrushing.

My solution to this, other than otto stones, is to specialize. As in only have one toon I actually play. But aside from both of those, you you just choose paths for the toon and stick with it. When I did play multiple toons, I chose paths for them, and tailored both their gear and past lives to that. I know most people sort of do this in general with their toons, but I was pretty disciplined about it. My DC caster toon was never going to do a DPS life, because I already had a DPS or three toons to try it on. THis allows your to maximize the investment of say, 10-20 lives on character so that it performs at it's role at around the 97th percentile for what is possible on a character with all past lives. Because if you're only ever casting, there's only a given number of PL's that will truly improve your ability to do that casting.

There are now:

-14/28/42 Heroic Past lives, but just 14 for Completionist.
-36 Epic Past Lives, 12 for Epic Completionist (Twist Slot)
-10/20/30 Racial Past Life Feats
-4/8/12 Iconic Lives

So, for my main, which has been a thrower for 4+ years now, I still don't even have 3 of every heroic past life. Could I? Yes. Would there be some gain? Not really at all. I have 3x the PL's that benefit throwing and ranged combat in general, but all in all previous to RR, I think I have like 22PL's on my main, with only 1 in every caster class.

Epic PL's are similar in that the Twist Slot (like heroic Completionist), is a huge payoff for the first 12 lives. But the PL's along the way are also accretive and valuable. Is there a benefit to having 36 EPL's? Yes, but actually not that much over 12 of the ones you hotbar everytime tailored for a toons role.

Racial Reincarnations are the only example where this kind of breaks down. While not every role toon will need the stat bonuses of doing all 30 RPLs, all role toons will largely benefit from the extra 10 AP that can only come from doing all 30. The one sort of caveat to that is even just having 5 racial AP and the valuable stat increases (STR/DEX/CON or INT, CHA WIS, or whatever combo you prefer for that toon/role) is 50% of the work and probably 75% of the value (since you do the valuable stats first and skip the ones that don't do so much).

The variation in build platforms this allows for on a given toon is really good, and in fact I got by with just 2 for a long time before I went to down just to main. The caster and the non-caster DPS one.
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2017 at 8:33pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #5 - Apr 9th, 2017 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Apr 7th, 2017 at 10:21pm:
I was sort of thinking something similar lately, like an entire toon from zero to xp-immune.  Probably want to take the ones like paladin/fighter/monk/warlock early, since they're tough enough without past lives, and add some useful stuff to future ones (as opposed to something like druid).

For racial past lives, figure out the ones that really benefit from a bunch of points, and do those last.  Dwarf/AA spring to mind.

Epic-wise, I like doing two on a life.  There's so much xp now if you run raper that you can skip almost everything with an epic component, and then if you get the BB streaks going in epic, it's crazy.  First run though, it's just quests, then I'll go back to 20, and hit TH/Orchard/KF/whatever right off the bat to get to 24 again.  Since you burned the BB the first time through, your groups open up so you can run with 20-30, and it's pretty easy.  Then back to 20 and to 15 or 1 again.

Depends on your playstyle what you want from epics... I like fast healing, but lots of people go for Colors.  Get one from each sphere, since you can have four stances running at once, then max out each one in turn.

This good advice

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #6 - Apr 9th, 2017 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 9th, 2017 at 8:29pm:
First of all I find the advice "don't worry about XP play for fun" hilarious because it's always from people who almost certainly grinded for years at PL's to have one or many completionist toons, and did lots of grinding that wasn't that fun.

Typical whiny cunt Jakee. Be real dude. You don't find it hilarious. On another note, the amount of mind-reading you do about my posts is bullshit. I'l fucking repeat myself since you don't give me the benefit of the doubt. I don't do XP except as a side benefit.
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2017 at 8:56pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #7 - Apr 9th, 2017 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Apr 9th, 2017 at 8:41pm:
Typical whiny cunt Jakee. Be real dude. You don't find it hilarious. On another note, the amount of mind-reading you do about my posts is bullshit. I'l fucking repeat myself since you don't give me the benefit of the doubt. I don't do XP except as a side benefit.

honestly dude youre confusing not giving a shit with giving a shit about you, on my part.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #8 - Apr 9th, 2017 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 9th, 2017 at 9:02pm:
I don't give a shit about you.

ftfy

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #9 - Apr 10th, 2017 at 10:30am
Print Post  
wolff wrote on Apr 7th, 2017 at 7:02pm:
First off, Kudos to 5 Foot Step for the beginners' guides.  Very useful for new players, or old guys like me that have spent 11 years really only playing one of three classes.  Smiley 

Any chance anyone's got any advice to pass on for the best order to acquire past life feats?   I just started a new toon, and I'm about 4 heroic/epic lives in.  Now with racials, I'm really not sure the optimal path to build a completionist... 14 class lives for completionist feat... 20 racial for basically +2 stats for free...  or up to 36 epic lives for pretty nice bonuses overall. 

I'm sure the answer depends on the character's final destination, but not really sure of that, yet.  So, just looking for general thoughts on best bonuses to start with.

Optimal for what? Speed? Fun? Reaper XP? Front loading power gains while back loading "difficult" lives?

Anyway, you are right that which lives you prioritize should be based on which role you want to end up in or perform in as many lives as possible. Though if you are determined to get triple everything eventually then no effort will be wasted. But...if we can assume you are looking for a bang for buck path to power from scratch, I would prioritize thusly:

First, 12 ERs, 3 each in 4 stances suited for your preferred role (Melee=DStrike, Fast Healing, Enchant Weapon, Brace; Ranged=Dshot, Skill Mastery, Enchant Weapon, Brace; etc.) This nets you Epic Completionist, AC, PRR, Absorption, and HP bonuses in addition to the stances.

Second, 15 IRs (yes all of them), at least one of each class. This nets you heroic Completionist, all of the Iconic stances, all of the Iconic passives (PRR, MRR, Dodge, Fort, positive sp) and 15 class past lives.

Third, 30 RRs. Mainly for the AP, but stats are nice too.

Fourth, HRs and ERs to fill the rest in, starting with the most useful to your preferred role. Step 3 and 4 can be intermixed to fill out the most useful HRs earlier.

Having fun is important too though, and I find it a lot less monotonous to alternate between epic and heroic grind.
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2017 at 9:59am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

wolff
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Apr 10th, 2017 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 10th, 2017 at 10:30am:
But...if we can assume you are looking for a bang for buck path to power from scratch, I would prioritize thusly:

Yeah, I think that's accurate.  Optimal in terms of getting what you need the quickest or easiest.   And I was originally thinking what you suggest -  focus on ERs, then move on from there.  Problem is, epics are dead right now.  It's a newer toon, so not geared up to run EE solo, so I ran the same annoying XP train every evening to get to 30 last life. 

Even with the slower XP/min, I'm guessing it'd still be "optimal" in terms of helping out with tougher classes later.

As in only have one toon I actually play.

I've generally kept 3 toons - melee, ranged, and caster.  I've never been happy with my ranged toon, though.  I was thinking this new toon would fill that role, but the top tier builds for ranged/thrower/etc, are pretty PL dependent.  So, I guess that's what's driven me into this.

-14/28/42 Heroic Past lives, but just 14 for Completionist.
-36 Epic Past Lives, 12 for Epic Completionist (Twist Slot)
-10/20/30 Racial Past Life Feats
-4/8/12 Iconic Lives

Soul crushing, indeed. 

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Apr 10th, 2017 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 10th, 2017 at 10:30am:
Optimal for what? Speed? Fun? Reaper XP? Front loading power gains while back loading "difficult" lives?

Anyway, you are right that which lives you prioritize should be based on which role you want to end up in or perform in as many lives as possible. Though if you are determined to get triple everything eventually then no effort will be wasted. But...if we can assume you are looking for a bang for buck path to power from scratch, I would prioritize thusly:

First, 12 ERs, 3 each in 4 stances suited for your preferred role (Melee=DStrike, Fast Healing, Enchant Weapon, Brace; Ranged=Dshot, Skill Mastery, Enchant Weapon, Brace; etc.) This nets you Epic Completionist, AC, PRR, Absorption, and HP bonuses in addition to the stances.

Second, 15 IRs (yes all of them), at least one of each class. This nets you heroic Completionist, all of the Iconic stances, all of the Iconic passives (PRR, MRR, Dodge, Fort, positive sp) and 15 class past lives.

Third, 30 RRs. Mainly for the AP, but stats are nice too.

Fourth, 21 HRs to fill the rest in, starting with the most useful to your preferred role. Step 3 and 4 can be intermixed to fill out the most useful HRs earlier.

Having fun is important too though, and I find it a lot less monotonous to alternate between epic and heroic grind.

One thing I will say is that you'd ideally want to do those RRs and HRs on reaper, so I'd recommend getting 3x pally before starting the majority of them as the hamp makes a big difference. Also for your selection of melee pls, I'd definitely choose colors of the queen for the primal. It can be tremendously useful at low levels - much more than fast healing. Especially if you are playing reaper.
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2017 at 11:10pm by hydra »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #12 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
wolff wrote on Apr 10th, 2017 at 8:53pm:
I was thinking this new toon would fill that role, but the top tier builds for ranged/thrower/etc, are pretty PL dependent.

I'm not sure you could be more wrong.

A shuri build is terrible to level as a thrower in heroics and mediocre to level in epics until you get FotW, Shiradi and GMoF filled for twists, but once you hit 28+ and those destinies filled, they're one of the stronger low-PL builds in my opinion. 

A shuri is a glass cannon build with good avoidance and saves but if you're playing a shuri right, they shouldn't be getting hit much.

They are fairly gear dependent, but that's an easy problem to fix if you're leaving them at cap for a while.  Legendary Executioner's Helm, Legendary Slave Master's Cloak, crafted Slave Lords bracers, boots, and ring, cannith crafted goggles and gloves, the U31 ring and belt and a ToEE robe + offhander upgraded for the set bonus and you're good to go.
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2017 at 12:10pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #13 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 12:06pm:

A shuri build is terrible to level as a thrower in heroics and mediocre to level in epics until you get FotW, Shiradi and GMoF filled for twists, but once you hit 28+ and those destinies filled, they're one of the stronger low-PL builds in my opinion. 

A shuri is a glass cannon build with good avoidance and saves but if you're playing a shuri right, they shouldn't be getting hit much.

They are fairly gear dependent, but that's an easy problem to fix if you're leaving them at cap for a while.  Legendary Executioner's Helm, Legendary Slave Master's Cloak, crafted Slave Lords bracers, boots, and ring, cannith crafted goggles and gloves, the U31 ring and belt and a ToEE robe + offhander upgraded for the set bonus and you're good to go.

There's a fair amount of bad advice in here.

Before about level 16 shuri's are not optimal heroic builds. By 18 however with gear and properly played however, you will have no problem outkilling cheeselocks.

@20, with EDs, shurikens are already massively OP. And every level until 30 that remains true. If your thrower is a glass cannon, you've done something wrong. Most of it's defense however does come from damage avoidance in the form of Dodge, and AC however.
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2017 at 12:12pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #14 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
This may sound counter-intuitive but you probably wanna do PDK Barbarians first.
10 hp, and
3 prr
goes a long way for heroic leveling.

The alternative IMO is hitting a couple Epic PLs, since PRR is very efficient for heroics due to the low amount available.

Lets say you did 3 barbarian PDKs with 3 EPLs to get to half the PL prr value...

100/(100+18), for a 17% reduction in damage at level one.
Investing in a heroic Slavers set @ level 8 can up the PRR a bit more. (12 enhancement / 2 quality)

@ lvl 10 you can pick up 6 PRR from cannith crafting insightful.

I recommend making your heroic slavers a caster set for the 2 Artifact DCs, since they're probably worth more than 1 Con and 1 PRR.

at level 8 this puts you..
100/(100+18+14), for a 24% reduction

at level 10 this puts you..
100/(100+18+14+6), for a 27% reduction
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2017 at 1:54pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #15 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
wolff wrote on Apr 10th, 2017 at 8:53pm:
but the top tier builds for ranged/thrower/etc, are pretty PL dependent.

Digimonk wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 12:06pm:

Mech is generally best at low PL pwnage, IMO.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #16 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 2:07pm:

This is definitely true in my experience. Though I find at 18 mech slows a bit in IQ where mobs start to have really high HP. I ended up slotting a Endless Night ruby in my deception repeater I was using on my last Mech life for reaper RR's and it was pretty nice.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #17 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 2:42pm:
Though I find at 18 mech slows a bit in IQ where mobs start to have really high HP.

18 is undisputed gxb dominance time. The latest hopping off point for repeaters.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #18 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 12:11pm:
There's a fair amount of bad advice in here.

I'm not sure if you just want to argue, have poor reading comprehension, or just don't know how to play anything but a shuri properly but whatever.

How do you think that saying something sucks until level 18 is any different than shuris are terrible to level in heroics since  essentially the last heroic level most players working on completionist take before epics?  If you want to be a pedant and split hairs, by all means, help yourself but shuris will still suck to level as a shuri in heroics.   It's better to run it as a handwraps or staff build until epics, then redo a few feats and the enhancements for ranged.

harharharhar wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 12:11pm:
Before about level 16 shuri's are not optimal heroic builds. By 18 however with gear and properly played however, you will have no problem outkilling cheeselocks.

@20, with EDs, shurikens are already massively OP. And every level until 30 that remains true. If your thrower is a glass cannon, you've done something wrong. Most of it's defense however does come from damage avoidance in the form of Dodge, and AC however.

If you're out killing warlocks in heroics with a shuriken build, the warlock sucks or you're cherry picking a few quests trying to disprove the rule with the exception.  I've run most of the FotM builds from 1 to 30 and warlocks are faster in heroics. 

For the record, I'm not talking about the shitty 3k HP, tower shield-wielding, Con-as-the-primary-stat wastes of space Warlocks that seem to make up 90% of the warlock population.  I'm talking a full-retard Int + Cha + spell power and crit focused build that wipes out entire groups of mobs with 1-2 button presses and doesn't need them lined up perfectly to do it.

If you're assuming that you hit level 20 and automatically have access to all the destinies/twists, go back and read the title and OP more carefully.  Even with all the destinies and twists though, warlocks still faceroll the lower EE content faster.  They're more durable and far less gear and stat dependent than a shuricannon.  Once you hit 25-26, it starts to change as you get the higher stat gear, thunderforged, etc. 

You apparently don't understand what a glass cannon is.   Glass Cannon = high DPS toon/build that dies easier than other builds when it gets hit.  Non-glass cannon builds can take more hits and get hit for less damage per hit.  Avoiding hits does not mean a build is not a glass cannon.  I even mentioned that a shuri has good saves and avoidance and that one should not be getting hit often if played properly because I knew someone like you would come along say exactly what you said.

I'm an admitted fanboy of shuriken builds.   They're far and away my favorite build type in DDO, but you've got your head in the sand if you think a shuricannon clears trash faster than a proper warlock build in heroics and low to mid epics.

« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2017 at 3:54pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #19 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 3:21pm:
Glass Cannon = high DPS toon/build that dies easier than other builds when it gets hit.

Says who?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 3:30pm:
Says who?

It's basically implicit in the name, cuz glass breaks when you hit it?  duh.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #21 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 2:07pm:

Mechs are definitely a solid choice for a low PL toon.    They're definitely better to level and are fairly overpowered in heroics with a repeater, especially if you add the elemental imbues from Arcane Archer but they're still somewhat meh compared to classes/builds with good AE capabilities since you don't get IPS until the 12-18 range.  Being able to switch to gxbows in upper heroics and epics is nice.    In the end though, since wolff was talking about a low PL build that he's going to leave at cap, a shuricannon would still be the better choice.  More DPS, more avoidance, better saves, etc.  You can even do a 12/6/2 monk/ranger/rogue splash and be able to disarm any trap in the game for the bonus XP if you want.

5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 2:48pm:
harharharhar wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 2:42pm:
This is definitely true in my experience. Though I find at 18 mech slows a bit in IQ where mobs start to have really high HP. I ended up slotting a Endless Night ruby in my deception repeater I was using on my last Mech life for reaper RR's and it was pretty nice.

18 is undisputed gxb dominance time. The latest hopping off point for repeaters.

Yes, if you're running a pure rogue or an 18/2 rogue/artie, gxb is the way to go once you hit 18.  If it's not a build with 18 rogue levels though, repeaters remain competitive.

« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2017 at 3:55pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #22 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 3:30pm:
Says who?

Common sense?

Glass breaks when hit hard.  Cannons are generally considered to inflict lots of damage when they hit things.

Glass + Cannon = breaks when hit hard but does lots of damage.

Durrrh.     Roll Eyes

Regarding the "but it has avoidance!", if you don't hit glass, it doesn't break.  That doesn't mean it's not glass.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #23 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 3:44pm:
If it's not a build with 18 rogue levels though, repeaters remain competitive.

Not building for 18 Rogue is not competititive.

Digimonk wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 3:52pm:
Glass breaks when hit hard.

No, I get it, it's just pedantic. The term can apply to any of high offense low defense concept. Saying otherwise is like saying only fire-specced casters can be called nukers. Because, duh, words.

Also I just bristle automatically whenever anyone pulls the old definition powerplay.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #24 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 4:16pm:
Not building for 18 Rogue is not competititive.

No, I get it, it's just pedantic. The term can apply to any of high offense low defense concept. Saying otherwise is like saying only fire-specced casters can be called nukers. Because, duh, words.

Also I just bristle automatically whenever anyone pulls the old definition powerplay.

Neither is recommending a mechanic build over a shuricannon but you did.  =P

I am aware I was being pedantic, but the pedantry was intentional in response to Jak's intentional obtuseness.  You just decided to jump into the middle of the stupid so I responded in kind. 
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2017 at 9:56pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint