Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Whats this about? (Read 3746 times)
Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Whats this about?
Jun 1st, 2017 at 1:30am
Print Post  
IM logging in now and see this..

The DDO game worlds will be brought down for maintenance starting at 9:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT) on Thursday, June 1st. This downtime will also include a small game update to put additional monitoring into the game which will help us investigate lost items during the reincarnation process.

So people are losing shit tring? ive been gone for a bit so i havent heard much. Wtf are they talking about exactly?

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Re: Whats this about?
Reply #1 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 3:33am
Print Post  
It is actually to monitor sploits, under the pretense of improving customer experience. Nice trick.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #2 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 7:21am
Print Post  
For more on the lolwut situation.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/486877-Lost-massive-amounts-of-gear-du...

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/454318-TR-cache-missing-items

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/486950-Lost-TR-items

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/486152-TR-cache-still-loses-items

These were posted just in the last 2-3 weeks I think.

So now something finally exploded in ssg's face... Still, I think it will simply make tr sploits tougher, not your TR experience better.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Carlin
Korthos Resident

Fuck the Children!

Reply #3 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 9:01am
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Jun 1st, 2017 at 1:30am:
So people are losing shit tring? ive been gone for a bit so i havent heard much. Wtf are they talking about exactly?

I'm TRing constantly for the racial grind & I haven't had any mishaps.  None of my friends have either.  All 1 of them.  Embarrassed

You'll be fine if you just wash the main four parts of the body.  Armpits, Asshole, Crotch & Teeth.  In fact to save time, you can use the same brush on all four parts.

IP Logged

Jeff_Stryker
Waterworks Kobold

Zero

Reply #4 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 9:54am
Print Post  
Yeah, I've done 14 RTRs on my main now and no problems yet.  However, I recently
did a +20 LR on an old toon I had kicking around.  That went super fucked up.  All inherents
missing except draconic vitalty.  Entered at Lifeshaper as an L1 Sorc then couldn't advance any
more Sorc levels as it didn't recognize I was a Sorc at all.  After logging out I couldn't
log back in again to that server (Thelanis) for hours.  When I did it was all OK.

Frankly it's terrifying that they seemingly have no rollback or validation functionality.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #5 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Carlin wrote on Jun 1st, 2017 at 9:01am:
I'm TRing constantly for the racial grind & I haven't had any mishaps.  None of my friends have either.  All 1 of them.  Embarrassed

Yeah, things are never a problem until they are.

That aside, my toon once lost all of my stat and skill tome bonuses after a TR even though all my other TRs on the way to completionist never had a problem.

What I learned from researching it while waiting on a GM to respond was that when you TR, you should always follow these steps in between each and every stage of a TR to minimize your chances of something going sideways:
  1. Make the desired change
  2. Zone to a new area
  3. Log Out to the character select screen
  4. Quit/Exit out of the game client
  5. Start the game back up with a fresh client
  6. Proceed to the next step of the TR process

I've followed those steps since running into the missing tome issue and haven't had any further problems.  It's a bit annoying since it means you have to log out and restart the client 3-5 times for a TR, but that's still better than waiting around for hours, days or even weeks (lately) for Customer Service to fix your toon.

I assume that those steps essentially force the game to sync/save your character before running each stage of the reincarnation script against it.
« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2017 at 10:37am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Jeff_Stryker
Waterworks Kobold

Zero

Reply #6 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jun 1st, 2017 at 10:29am:
I assume that those steps essentially force the game to sync/save your character before running each stage of the reincarnation script against it.

The problem is the issue is so relatively rare that there is no way of validating
that the steps you mention have any impact on reincarnation breakages or not.  Turbine/SSG,
to my knowledge, never even acknowledged the problem (until now) - let alone provided
any information on what might be causing it.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #7 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 11:36am
Print Post  
I’m really curious about how many of the people having the problem completely restart their DDO client before attempting a T.R.

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #8 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 11:44am
Print Post  
in 7 years iv had 2 issues none of them terribly recently

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #9 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Jeff_Stryker wrote on Jun 1st, 2017 at 11:10am:
The problem is the issue is so relatively rare that there is no way of validating
that the steps you mention have any impact on reincarnation breakages or not.  Turbine/SSG,
to my knowledge, never even acknowledged the problem (until now) - let alone provided
any information on what might be causing it.

Okay.  Don't do it then.  G'luck.   Smiley

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
I have had numerous CitW weapons disappear after TRs.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #11 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Ive lost the ring of lies on 2 different toons. One toon was just the heroic version. One toon lost both heroic and epic.. I have a friend that ended up with a 2nd piece of gs.. he has no idea how he did it but id like to know...lol

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 6:58am
Print Post  
How exactly does this new monitoring mod work? If you TR right now, they detect what you lose? Sounds more like they have a copy of your toon which should've been done 100 years ago.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #13 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
I lost tomes of learning once.  Luckily, store purchase history and expansion pack purchases are easily checked so I got them back quickly.  I do the log out/quit process now too.  Haven't had any other problems in over 100 heroic lives and 50 some epic lives and a handful of racial lives.     Knock on wood.   They really do need some sort of snapshot of the character pre tr.  you know this had to exist at some point because the old myddo would show the character with equipped gear and stats at the last login of each life prior to TR.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #14 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 4th, 2017 at 2:24pm:
I lost tomes of learning once.  Luckily, store purchase history and expansion pack purchases are easily checked so I got them back quickly.  I do the log out/quit process now too.  Haven't had any other problems in over 100 heroic lives and 50 some epic lives and a handful of racial lives.     Knock on wood.   They really do need some sort of snapshot of the character pre tr.  you know this had to exist at some point because the old myddo would show the character with equipped gear and stats at the last login of each life prior to TR.

Seriously, just keep a snapshot for every character of the previous lifes gear/inherent. How hard is that? How big is that text file? 10kb?

*As in, SSG should keep this snapshot
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2017 at 4:59pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #15 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
This is about your mom.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #16 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 4th, 2017 at 4:59pm:
Seriously, just keep a snapshot for every character of the previous lifes gear/inherent. How hard is that? How big is that text file? 10kb?

*As in, SSG should keep this snapshot

Its funny how that TonE guy had that shit but they still didn't get the fucker his crap back.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint