Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic DDOreddit dev socks (Read 3266 times)
fork
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

DDOreddit dev socks
Jun 6th, 2017 at 9:16am
Print Post  
https://www.reddit.com/r/ddo/comments/6erpj7/true_reincarnating/

A couple of actually interesting comments from Lynnabel, and this gem-
"As far as video games go, DDO seems to be relatively bug free. "
Back in the drawer, you!

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Re: DDOreddit dev socks
Reply #1 - Jun 6th, 2017 at 9:47am
Print Post  
rofl

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #2 - Jun 6th, 2017 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
WAY more than just 3 people have experienced the issue.

Roll Eyes

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Jeff_Stryker
Waterworks Kobold

Zero

Reply #3 - Jun 6th, 2017 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
At least she seems keen...  jury's still out on competence.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #4 - Jun 6th, 2017 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
It was a few years back, but they've done it before.  I'm 90% certain they were rezing outdated and inactive accounts for the forums.  You'd have a slew of defensive posts from accounts that hadn't posted anything in 4+ years suddenly becoming active and coming to Turbine's rescue.  Way too many for it to be a coincidence.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jun 6th, 2017 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Jun 6th, 2017 at 12:05pm:

Roll Eyes

Yeah, she's downplaying that HARD. I personally know 3 people who were definitely affected but never reported it since they knew it would fall on deaf ears. 2 of them aren't playing anymore.

I applaud her efforts, as they are far and above everyone else at SSG, but when you start typing out "alt-facts", you know you're slowly starting to become a true Turbine/SSG'er.
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2017 at 2:20pm by NoGoodDoc »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jun 6th, 2017 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Jun 6th, 2017 at 12:05pm:

Roll Eyes

but, they have a count!!!!!
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2017 at 3:32pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jun 6th, 2017 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jun 6th, 2017 at 12:40pm:
I'm 90% certain they were rezing outdated and inactive accounts for the forums.  You'd have a slew of defensive posts from accounts that hadn't posted anything in 4+ years suddenly becoming active and coming to Turbine's rescue.  Way too many for it to be a coincidence.

they banned one of my socks after I claimed that some of those accounts worked for turbine

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #8 - Jun 6th, 2017 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 6th, 2017 at 3:34pm:
they banned one of my socks after I claimed that some of those accounts worked for turbine

Stab in the dark, but you never spent real money (or not much) with that account?  I made a few snarky comments on the subject but never got a warning...but I also said a number of things on the forums that I thought for sure I was going to get me banned (I don't always play nice) and Jerry never said anything to me.  The ONLY warning I ever got was for Hi Welcome.

But I spent a lot of money on the game and I've always suspected that while supporting the game might not make you bulletproof, that it buys you some privilege and a bit more freedom of speech.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jun 6th, 2017 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jun 6th, 2017 at 3:47pm:
Stab in the dark, but you never spent real money (or not much) with that account? 

never even logged in with those accounts. used solely for shit talking the mobos like a baws. there were around 4~ that have been banned in the past few years. have 1 left ;(

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #10 - Jun 6th, 2017 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 6th, 2017 at 3:32pm:
but, they have a count!!!!!

Should be "our data shows"...

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #11 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 12:38am
Print Post  
I think she meant to say hundreds of people play every day, and 3 TR'd, by their count.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Zehnpai
Waterworks Kobold

(◕‿◕✿)

Reply #12 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 8:47am
Print Post  
Jeff_Stryker wrote on Jun 6th, 2017 at 12:21pm:
At least she seems keen...  jury's still out on competence.

It's what DDO needed really.  Lynn strikes me as part of the 'social media generation' and can't help but attract attention to herself.  So while most of the DDO dev community has locked themselves up in their offices and only come out when the waters are safe and calm, she's plugging away.

This means that we get someone who is communicative which is something DDO really, really needed.

From her own posts on the forums it doesn't look like she's going to be doing UI reworks any time soon, but even just textbox fixes and so forth breath fresh life into the game.

We don't need more shitpiles of content that was U35's quests.  But her posting that they managed to finally fix the Divine Crusader crit bug that they've been ignoring for what...3 years now? 4?

That's the shit we need and if her working for SSG is the catalyst for stuff like that, then I'm all for it.

But she is full of shit yeah.  Ladder bug fixed lol.
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2017 at 8:48am by Zehnpai »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint