Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Returning to DDO is like hooking up w/a hot ex-gf (Read 10059 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Returning to DDO is like hooking up w/a hot ex-gf
May 30th, 2017 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Returning to DDO is like hooking up with your hot ex-girlfriend from high school...ten years after she got over a crippling crack addiction, lost a few teeth and gained A LOT of weight.

Man, downloading the game again for the first time in years has to be one of the single most depressing things I've ever done.  I knew Sev was going to kill the game, but going back and seeing it first hand is just depressing as hell. 

I thought it was bad 3 years ago, but my server is just a ghost town now.  Two LFM and I passed maybe a dozen players in the 5 houses I walked through.  Nothing of note in the auction house and from what I can tell, the remaining players have merged down to just a handful of guilds (most of the on-line players belonged to the same guild.  Not sure what happened to mine - if Sev changed guild decay or what, but they kicked me out even though they used to let players stay inactive indefinitely.  Bastards). 

Why the fuck haven't the merged servers yet?  That's at least 3 years overdue.  Any chance of grouping outside of guilds is gone until they merge servers.

And what the fuck happened to an elite Vale?  Weren't they working on that before?  I thought it would be finished by now and that's the only reason I even bothered downloading the damn game again. 

It really is sad though.  So many great memories of pugs and raids and quick filling groups that will never happen again.  I've never seen such a found memory raped so badly without George Lucas somehow being involved.

I said it before, I'll say it again; DDO - the greatest game to suck the most ass.

Fuck you Sev.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Re: Returning to DDO is like hooking up w/a hot ex-gf
Reply #1 - May 30th, 2017 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
And one more question.  What's up with the mass chonning?  Was Gaye Retardia hit with an epidemic?

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #2 - May 30th, 2017 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 3:58pm:
And one more question.  What's up with the mass chonning?  Was Gaye Retardia hit with an epidemic?

All those accounts were the same guy (Grand).

Grand was "convinced" (by Strak) to chone them. He still makes sock accounts occasionally and when Strak catches them, Grand, more or less, is forced to chone them, too.
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2017 at 4:02pm by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #3 - May 30th, 2017 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 4:01pm:

The devil you say.  You could knock me over with a feather Wink

Joking aside, that's pretty much what got me to give up the ghost.  Grand was seriously fucked up.  After a long series of private messages with him, I realized his damage was well past anything amusing.  Acting up for attention on the board is one thing, but the never ending well of rage he had in private put him well beyond broken.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - May 30th, 2017 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
Epic Shroud got made and was in general a disappointment. The gear was nice but the ML was too high for it to be worth the grind, the raid itself is just un-fun. Its not hard, in fact its easier than OG Shroud, all the mobs just have a jillian hit points.

I personally like the flagging quests or epic shroud, but most people did not care for them.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #5 - May 30th, 2017 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 4:21pm:
Epic Shroud got made and was in general a disappointment. The gear was nice but the ML was too high for it to be worth the grind, the raid itself is just un-fun. Its not hard, in fact its easier than OG Shroud, all the mobs just have a jillian hit points.

I personally like the flagging quests or epic shroud, but most people did not care for them.

So just the raid but not the entire Vale?  Way to phone it in Turbine.

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - May 30th, 2017 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Fuck the retarded spiders quest. The others are alright.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 30th, 2017 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Grand was "convinced" (by Strak) to chone them.

LOL whatever lets you sleep at night Arkat!  Grin Grin Grin 

Then again, maybe every time I keep choning and then unchoning these accounts it's because Strakey has me sublimnally trained to cause drama when you say stupid things?  Wink

Lord knows he's had you on a lease for years little buddy.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

Reply #8 - May 30th, 2017 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 4:10pm:
The devil you say.  You could knock me over with a feather Wink

Joking aside, that's pretty much what got me to give up the ghost.  Grand was seriously fucked up.  After a long series of private messages with him, I realized his damage was well past anything amusing.  Acting up for attention on the board is one thing, but the never ending well of rage he had in private put him well beyond broken.

Hahahahahahahahahaha! yeah right buddy! you're 'just coming back' LOL. Honestly I was wondering how long it would be before you popped back on after I read that you planned on tanking your sock:

Skoodge wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 3:46am:
I'll fuken auto-chpwne I/P ban based on replies to this pwst!

You got two options, hoe moes:

1) Say "yes" if you want me to choneimplode...HOWEVER: jew MUST state a reasonsah!

2) Voice thine unmasculinely high alto lwdyboy voices in the "No", and for BONUS POINTS: you don't have to state a reason for why you're not a faggot.

If the yeses outnumber the heterosexuals, I dive into the grave laughing knowing that I caused the deaths of millions of sheeple.

*caviar: voting ENDS and is IMMEDIATELY BINDING when all registered accounts post.

GAME ON FUCKERSAH!

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #9 - May 30th, 2017 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
blah blah blah i am a little bitch

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #10 - May 30th, 2017 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hahahahahahahahahaha! yeah right buddy! you're 'just coming back' LOL. Honestly I was wondering how long it would be before you popped back on after I read that you planned on tanking your sock:

You really are that stupid, aren't you? (rhetorical question, obviously...to most...except you...because you are a moron).

Let me be very clear - I give Strak my complete, total, and 100% consent to make public and out any and all of my active socks (I say active because the one I made was like 2 years ago and that would start to resemble work, which we all know how he feels about that - but if he feels so inclined, he's more than welcome to out that one too).  I seriously have nothing to hide.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #11 - May 30th, 2017 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
WB. All hail teh boobs.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #12 - May 30th, 2017 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 6:55pm:
WB. All hail teh boobs.

Now I feel bad about showing up empty-handed.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - May 30th, 2017 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 4:23pm:
So just the raid but not the entire Vale?  Way to phone it in Turbine.

That about describes it. The explorer area didn't get touched. They DID add 2 new flagging quests for Epic Shroud(actually Legendary Shroud) that are accessed from inside Meridia which I thought was OK. I think the quests are good, most people hated them.

Lhynn wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 4:54pm:

Seconded.

The rest of Heroic Shroud flaggers are beloved.

Although one wonders how Running with Devils manages to be a fan-favorite, while To Curse the Sky, which, if we're being real here, is basically the same damn quest, is so reviled? Go figure.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - May 30th, 2017 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
I like To curse the sky, but if i had to answer its mostly because non evasion melee builds are fucked in that quest, abishais are a pretty traumatic thing to face for the first time, especially when you charge at them merrily, and in this quest they are flyers too.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #15 - May 30th, 2017 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
Lhynn wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 4:54pm:

Is it still possible to bypass the book till after the quest is "completed"

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #16 - May 30th, 2017 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 9:57pm:
Is it still possible to bypass the book till after the quest is "completed"

yarrr

they fixed one way of doin it but there's another

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #17 - May 31st, 2017 at 1:21am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 10:19pm:
they fixed one way of doin it but there's another

Then the spider quest is still easy.

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #18 - May 31st, 2017 at 2:59am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on May 31st, 2017 at 1:21am:
Then the spider quest is still easy.

I've never understood the issue with this quest. Just don't use AOE and kill the ogres. WTF is the problem?

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #19 - May 31st, 2017 at 7:15am
Print Post  
Cairnoir wrote on May 31st, 2017 at 2:59am:
Just don't use AOE and kill the ogres. WTF is the problem?

I've never really understood it either, but then again I used to play unarmed or Acid / Ice mages.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #20 - May 31st, 2017 at 7:40am
Print Post  

Grand was "convinced" (by Strak) to chone them. He still makes sock accounts occasionally and when Strak catches them, Grand, more or less, is forced to chone them, too.

Can you perhaps name an attempt sock, now that you mentioned it. By the way, i thought Strake was supposed to "protect" private infoes. I mean he can remove accounts, but sharing this info (unless he did so without names/exact information) is unfair.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #21 - May 31st, 2017 at 7:41am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on May 31st, 2017 at 7:40am:
Can you perhaps name an attempt sock, now that you mentioned it. By the way, i thought Strake was supposed to "protect" private infoes. I mean he can remove accounts, but sharing this info (unless he did so without names/exact information) is unfair.

EDIT: NVM

The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #22 - May 31st, 2017 at 7:43am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 3:47pm:
Returning to DDO is like hooking up with your hot ex-girlfriend from high school...ten years after she got over a crippling crack addiction, lost a few teeth and gained A LOT of weight.

Man, downloading the game again for the first time in years has to be one of the single most depressing things I've ever done.  I knew Sev was going to kill the game, but going back and seeing it first hand is just depressing as hell. 

I thought it was bad 3 years ago, but my server is just a ghost town now.  Two LFM and I passed maybe a dozen players in the 5 houses I walked through.  Nothing of note in the auction house and from what I can tell, the remaining players have merged down to just a handful of guilds (most of the on-line players belonged to the same guild.  Not sure what happened to mine - if Sev changed guild decay or what, but they kicked me out even though they used to let players stay inactive indefinitely.  Bastards). 

Why the fuck haven't the merged servers yet?  That's at least 3 years overdue.  Any chance of grouping outside of guilds is gone until they merge servers.

And what the fuck happened to an elite Vale?  Weren't they working on that before?  I thought it would be finished by now and that's the only reason I even bothered downloading the damn game again. 

It really is sad though.  So many great memories of pugs and raids and quick filling groups that will never happen again.  I've never seen such a found memory raped so badly without George Lucas somehow being involved.

I said it before, I'll say it again; DDO - the greatest game to suck the most ass.

Fuck you Sev.

Hi welcome

Btw, when was the last time actually you played ddo (I mean when did you leave)?

Wow.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #23 - May 31st, 2017 at 9:18am
Print Post  
Cairnoir wrote on May 31st, 2017 at 2:59am:
I've never understood the issue with this quest. Just don't use AOE and kill the ogres. WTF is the problem?

What's the fun in protecting 100 spiders from friendly fire? Spiders, for fuck's sake. What are we, vegans? Video game players for the most part, feel disappointed by things you can't kill, and outright punished by things you aren't supposed to kill.

I will say, it's one of the few quests a warlock's/necromancer's aura makes harder.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #24 - May 31st, 2017 at 9:51am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on May 31st, 2017 at 9:18am:
What's the fun in protecting 100 spiders from friendly fire? Spiders, for fuck's sake. What are we, vegans? Video game players for the most part, feel disappointed by things you can't kill, and outright punished by things you aren't supposed to kill.

I will say, it's one of the few quests a warlock's/necromancer's aura makes harder.

While it is not one of my favorite quests, I appreciate the occasional quest with unique mechanics.  If all quests were substantially the same objectives, that gets old. 

One of the things that I always liked about the old Vale is that it has some of the best variety in mechanics:  Dust and the friendly fire issue, Rainbow and the darkness issue, Coal Chamber and the mario skills, RWTD and the light damage and good mobs, Rit Sac is the most "normal" and it includes a brief "protect the NPC" segment.

Reaver's Reach was similiar.   Monastery had heavy traps usage, puzzles, and a unique puzzle end fight. ETK has a unique puzzle and another unique end fight.  Prey on the Hunter has a unique maze and a friendly fire/protection style end fight with an option to fight them anyways at the end. Stealer of Souls is timed quest with a unique, almost raid boss like optional end fight. 

These were released back to back in 2008.  Some of the better content in the game, imo.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint