Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Update 36 Lamannia Release notes: (Read 21394 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Update 36 Lamannia Release notes:
Reply #50 - Jul 10th, 2017 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 10th, 2017 at 5:17pm:
Except we didn't.  It was all over here:

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1498633462

two weeks ago.

he isn't wrong about arty tho. low level vorpal repeaters are also firmly in the stupid category. the entire reaper meta is repeaters and warlocks. if 4 out of 6 players in your group are not lock/arty then they're either bad or really gooood. no in-between  Grin.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #51 - Jul 10th, 2017 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 10th, 2017 at 7:14pm:
he isn't wrong about arty tho. low level vorpal repeaters are also firmly in the stupid category. the entire reaper meta is repeaters and warlocks. if 4 out of 6 players in your group are not lock/arty then they're either bad or really gooood. no in-between  Grin

I agree with his assessment and with yours.  Arti and Warlock will be de rigur.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #52 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 10th, 2017 at 7:14pm:
he isn't wrong about arty tho. low level vorpal repeaters are also firmly in the stupid category.

May the devs never figure this out.

My entire Racial TR/ rXP curve is based on it now.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #53 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 11:13am:
May the devs never figure this out.

My entire Racial TR/ rXP curve is based on it now.

Everyone is running around the  harbor with level 1-level 3 vorpals.  You can't miss it.

Vorpal fishing while kiting (or perching) is the easy button.
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2017 at 11:19am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #54 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 11:17am:
Everyone is running around the  harbor with level 1-level 3 vorpals.  You can't miss it.

Vorpal fishing while kiting (or perching) is the easy button.

but at that low of a level things just die from DPS so fast why would you sit around waiting for a vorp on every target? what am I missing here?

Plus the hardest stuff to kill is deathwarded....

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 2:51pm:
but at that low of a level things just die from DPS so fast why would you sit around waiting for a vorp on every target? what am I missing here?

the vorpal proc can come on any bolt fired or doubleshot. the reaper damage reduction on higher skulls makes dpsing less effective than rolling a 20 using high attack rates
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2017 at 2:55pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #56 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 2:54pm:
the vorpal proc can come on any bolt fired or doubleshot. the reaper damage reduction on higher skulls makes dpsing less effective than rolling a 20 using high attack rates

Vorpal also raises the [W] value of a weapon, making it useful in reaper for DPSing as well.  The Base damage goes up before the reaper penalty is applied.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #57 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 2:54pm:

im aware of that, I suppose the important point here is that its not really any net loss of DPS to use vorpal versus flaming 1d6 or some bullshit, and in exchange you get the vorpal proc.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #58 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:36am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 5:57pm:
im aware of that, I suppose the important point here is that its not really any net loss of DPS to use vorpal versus flaming 1d6 or some bullshit, and in exchange you get the vorpal proc.

On R4 or higher the damage penalty means most players aren't doing good dps in the first 6-7 levels.   Combine that with champs that can have 400+ hp in the harbor and marketplace and you aren't killing them in 2-3 hits like you do the non champs.   Non-crit damage is in the single digits.  You want the vorpal. 

Now if you are just r1 or r2 speed running for the 120% bonus and consider r xp to be gravy, then sure, vorpal isn't adding much.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #59 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:36am:
Now if you are just r1 or r2 speed running for the 120% bonus and consider r xp to be gravy, then sure, vorpal isn't adding much.

This.

But even then, there are times when a Champ spawns with "Immune to Player Damage" buffs and Vorpal bypasses them completely.

Unless one of those buffs is Deathward, in which case you were already hooped.

"Roll High or Die" is S.O.P. in Reaper.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #60 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Yeah last repeater life I did had a ruby of endless night slotted with vorpal, so i could level drain if the DW showed up. worked out ok, but wasn't really worth it under R4

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #61 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
and it's upon us tomorrow .... dun dun dun

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #62 - Jul 13th, 2017 at 12:29am
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 5:45pm:
nd it's upon us tomorrow .... dun dun dun

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Jul 14th, 2017 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Jul 9th, 2017 at 5:45pm:
This.

The nerfs only affect Enlightened Spirit.

Which is bullshit for new/less-well-equipped players, but means nothing to the Old Guard Super-Twinked Necro-Blaster-Locks who don't spend a single point in the ES tree anyway.

Besides, Arty is the new black. All the DPS plus pets and trapping too.

You heard it here first.  Cool

Wrong. The nerf affects the eldritch blast base dice, so cone and chain are also affected. And one of the most powerful things about warlock at heroics was shinning through + brilliance, specially if you're playing reaper. Necro is a plus, a big one, but again at heroics it's better to go ES because you don't have to stop the blast in order to cast spells.

Warlock now with what? Less than 40% the DPS as before means you will have to play at like 2 skulls under what you were doing before the patch to complete quests at the same times.

Arty may be good, but doesn't get the temporary HP. And the spells (necro stuff just at right lvs + evards + dd).

BTW, I didn't read what are the changes arti is getting, but I feel you are exagerating. AoE is what matters for heroics, and xbow has none until you get IPS, then it's very poor. The spells can do something, but it's not like the old warlock blasts.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #64 - Jul 14th, 2017 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
Arty changes are all late levels before they are meaningful.

basically you can now forget solo'ing r4 1-20 quickly on a warlock.

IP Logged

knockcocker
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 3:07am
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Jul 14th, 2017 at 6:11pm:
Wrong. The nerf affects the eldritch blast base dice, so cone and chain are also affected. And one of the most powerful things about warlock at heroics was shinning through + brilliance, specially if you're playing reaper. Necro is a plus, a big one, but again at heroics it's better to go ES because you don't have to stop the blast in order to cast spells.

Warlock now with what? Less than 40% the DPS as before means you will have to play at like 2 skulls under what you were doing before the patch to complete quests at the same times.

It's nowhere near 40%.

It's not that bad on the blast.  You lose 3D6 tops - pact damage is unaffected.  Having done this ~12
times now, IMO SE+TS is way better in heroics than ES.  You get enough of a shield from Feigned Health,
four instakills (fod, fod, pk, wail/tts), Eldritch Wave, Stunning Blast (though shitty animation), still the
same awesome CC.  I'm only back up to L8 but I haven't noticed any difference at all yet.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #66 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 7:29am
Print Post  
Lol at all the warlock sucks now posts.  I logged in on my level 11 lock on Thursday night and it was 6 quests and 90 minutes into gaming before I even remembered they had nerfed my blasts.  I use cone almost exclusively and it barely felt any different.   The groups I'm in usually runs r4 or r5 and that's what's been happening the last two days.   Dropping two skulls or not being able to complete content?  Whatever.  That's not been my experience and I'm not even that good at playing a warlock.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #67 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
knockcocker wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 3:07am:
It's nowhere near 40%.

It's not that bad on the blast.  You lose 3D6 tops - pact damage is unaffected.  Having done this ~12
times now, IMO SE+TS is way better in heroics than ES.  You get enough of a shield from Feigned Health,
four instakills (fod, fod, pk, wail/tts), Eldritch Wave, Stunning Blast (though shitty animation), still the
same awesome CC.  I'm only back up to L8 but I haven't noticed any difference at all yet.

Yeah I was thinking about the damage of the ES clickies. After lv 13 no tree is better than ES blaster. At least before the update.

No you don't get enough shield from fingered health, this is so much nonsense I wonder if you are playing reaper or hard or normal, because in the game I was playing I used to get hit for over a hundred points very often.

Old blast: Eldritch Blast deals 1d6 Force damage at level 1, and increases by +1d6 at Warlock level 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 14, 17, and 20; for a total of 9d6 at level 20.

New blast: Warlocks now receive Eldritch Blast base dice feats at levels 4, 8, 12, 16, and 20 (for a total of 6d6 at level 20).

So it's 30% at lv 20, pact damage makes it less. Okaysh. But what happens at low lv...

Asheras wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 7:29am:
Lol at all the warlock sucks now posts.  I logged in on my level 11 lock on Thursday night and it was 6 quests and 90 minutes into gaming before I even remembered they had nerfed my blasts.  I use cone almost exclusively and it barely felt any different.

Lv 11 old blast: 6d6. New blast: 3d6. 50% cut. If you didn't notice so you were piking. But let's count with pact (4 extra pact dices in TS):

Old blast lv 11: 6d6 + 9d4 = 43.5/36.75
New: 3d6 + 9d4 = 33

25% less damage, assuming you're landing pact 100%, wich is not the case. For example if they save 30% of the time, the reduction of the DPS is 28%. If they resist/are immune to the pact we lost 50% of the damage.

But let's see lv 18

Old, using ES + TS (3 extra dices in TS): 14d6 + 12d4 = 49 + 30 = 79
New, using TS + SE (4 extra dices in SE):  5d6 + 13d4 = 17.5 + 32.5 = 50

36% reduction. If they save the pact 30% of the time, it's a reduction of 42.5%. If you can't land the pact (resistance/immunity), we just lost 64.3% of the damage.

Asheras wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 7:29am:
Dropping two skulls or not being able to complete content?  Whatever. 

You missed the point, low reading skills I guess. You drop skulls because with less DPS you complete slower at the same skull.

You get less RXP and heroic XP on the same amount of time if you keep playing the same number of skulls. If you reduce to match the nerf in power you get the same heroic XP, but still get less RXP.

Now this is specially a problem for when you find monsters that self heal.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jul 14th, 2017 at 8:07pm:
Arty changes are all late levels before they are meaningful.

basically you can now forget solo'ing r4 1-20 quickly on a warlock.

Someone gets it, thanks.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #69 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 4:07pm:
Yeah I was thinking about the damage of the ES clickies. After lv 13 no tree is better than ES blaster. At least before the update.

No you don't get enough shield from fingered health, this is so much nonsense I wonder if you are playing reaper or hard or normal, because in the game I was playing I used to get hit for over a hundred points very often.

Old blast: Eldritch Blast deals 1d6 Force damage at level 1, and increases by +1d6 at Warlock level 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 14, 17, and 20; for a total of 9d6 at level 20.

New blast: Warlocks now receive Eldritch Blast base dice feats at levels 4, 8, 12, 16, and 20 (for a total of 6d6 at level 20).

So it's 30% at lv 20, pact damage makes it less. Okaysh. But what happens at low lv...

Lv 11 old blast: 6d6. New blast: 3d6. 50% cut. If you didn't notice so you were piking. But let's count with pact (4 extra pact dices in TS):

Old blast lv 11: 6d6 + 9d4 = 43.5/36.75
New: 3d6 + 9d4 = 33

25% less damage, assuming you're landing pact 100%, wich is not the case. For example if they save 30% of the time, the reduction of the DPS is 28%. If they resist/are immune to the pact we lost 50% of the damage.

But let's see lv 18

Old, using ES + TS (3 extra dices in TS): 14d6 + 12d4 = 49 + 30 = 79
New, using TS + SE (4 extra dices in SE):  5d6 + 13d4 = 17.5 + 32.5 = 50

36% reduction. If they save the pact 30% of the time, it's a reduction of 42.5%. If you can't land the pact (resistance/immunity), we just lost 64.3% of the damage.

You missed the point, low reading skills I guess. You drop skulls because with less DPS you complete slower at the same skull.

You get less RXP and heroic XP on the same amount of time if you keep playing the same number of skulls. If you reduce to match the nerf in power you get the same heroic XP, but still get less RXP.

Now this is specially a problem for when you find monsters that self heal.

Not low reading skills.  Here is the point:

You:  Per my calculations I predict a 36% reduction in base + pact damage (said in my best nerdy white guy voice.  Think sheldon from Big bang).  I predict people will drop skulls due to lower DPS.

Me:  K.  I've been in game the last two days playing a warlock at level 11-14.  In 4  hours of runs, either solo or in groups on Khyber, I'm not dropping skulls and neither is the party leader.  From conversations in game with guildies and channel partners and seeing their LFM's, they aren't dropping skulls.  From 4 hours of runs on my Warlock stuff is dying within 1 second of how fast it died before.  Or, fast enough that completion times seem the same.  Maybe they are 5-10 seconds slower.  I don't know.  It's not enough that it feels tougher or feels like skulls need to be dropped.  In game...IT JUST DOESNT MATTER.  Sorry if that doesn't jive with your calculator or your spreadsheet.

Look, drop skulls if you want.  I don't care.  Do calculations and post those instead of game experience.  I don't care.  My experience in game is that this is a non-issue.  YMMV.

Carry on with hyping the Warlock nerf.  I'm gonna go get some r4 or higher reaper runs in on my Warlock.  Peace. 
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2017 at 7:19pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 6:14pm:
From 4 hours of runs on my Warlock stuff is dying within 1 second of how fast it died before.  Or, fast enough that completion times seem the same.  Maybe they are 5-10 seconds slower.  I don't know.  It's not enough that it feels tougher or feels like skulls need to be dropped.  In game...IT JUST DOESNT MATTER.  Sorry if that doesn't jive with your calculator or your spreadsheet.

5-10 seconds per group is huge difference. I felt it since I've came back to game to test this out. Sorry, it matters. 30% DPS cut is 30% more time spent in fighting, and some more when there are self healing mobs. You can pretend this is not a thing, but reality is not on your side.

You know, I remember a guy who used to say math doesn't matters when it didn't suit him...

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #71 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
30% sounds big.  But you are talking 10 damage.   That means, with spell power 4 hits sinstead of 3 to kill  mobs with cone when you have 300-400 spell power.  Given the rof and helpless lobs and ape attacks of a warlock, it is nominal.  Especially in a group.  Of warlocks.    When running content that is 7 years old or 9 or 10 years old.   I'm fine with doing what I did before the update.  If you aren't that's fine.  We can agree to disagree.   Everyone can make their own decisions on how much it impacts their gameplay.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
Decided to change things up and play a warlock since everyone is complaining about them being nerfed. They aren't that different than before. You might have to finish off some mobs with an extra auto or two depending on content and skull. However this change had absolutely no impact on levels 11-13+ where you should transition to a dc caster anyways.

I still think warlock is the easy mode build for reaper trs IF you don't care about utmost efficiency / optimization. No idea where it compares to arti's as of the update but I'm guessing its bonkers because I was playing artis 1-20 before the update and it was roughly 15-20% faster than warlock due to coupling trapping bonus with slightly more efficient early levels.

Still sorc or monk is my preferred choice depending on if I'm static grouping or solo.

IP Logged

knockcocker
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 4:07pm:

Don't agree.  SE + TS is way better IME.

Quote:

R2/R3.  Currently L10.  42 charisma and wands of cure critical + heal scrolls are fine.  Both proc
Feigned Health.  I'm sure it makes more of a difference in higher skulls but why would you overly
care about blast damage there anyway?

Quote:

So it's 30% at lv 20, pact damage makes it less.

Right; it's about a 20 - 25% nerf in real terms when you consider everything.  Yeah I'm not over the
moon about it but in practical terms it doesn't make a whole lot of difference.  You only have to take
a mob to zero to kill it.  A lot of things will still die in the same number of hits.

« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2017 at 12:58pm by knockcocker »  

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
If you guys think a 25% cut in DPS doesn't make any difference you are more casual and less of a meta gammer than what you think. I was doing quests on R3 before the patch with more ease than on R2 now.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint