Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic warlock creature/quest scaling (Read 2314 times)
m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

warlock creature/quest scaling
Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:26am
Print Post  
Ok, so they would nerf wlok and also add (basically) a penatly for groups having a wlok in the group.

Why? That is plain retarded, any1 with common sense (aka not SSG employee) would predict that it will lead to soloing warlocks, and less "groupings".

*Sigh* Can't they come up with something more creative? Like giving warlocks higher xp Cap Cheesy

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Re: warlock creature/quest scaling
Reply #1 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 10:45am
Print Post  
I heard about this on a livestream I was watching.

Apparently it's not just a penaty for "A warlock" but scales for EVERY warlock in a group.

I mean, Warlocks have been carrying groups since release, but this is just unreasonable.

The only possible responses to this penalty are negative:

1.   Warlocks just solo
  2.   People refuse warlocks in parties
  3.   Warlock players bitch about scaling
  4.   Non-warlocks bitch about scaling and that warlock needs more nerfing
  5.   Scenarios I haven't even considered, because I haven't finished my coffee yet

Higher XP cap is an interesting idea, but it would result in more belly-aching from Warlocks, and rightly so.

It isn't the players' fault that the devs released a class broken.

I have no idea what the answer is here, since Warlock was a problem-child in PnP too, being both difficult to balance in play and to fit into groups.

Oh well, I enjoyed the new quests, at least.  Roll Eyes

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #2 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 11:48am
Print Post  
Are you guys serious or trolling?  I can't tell.

People are declining warlocks from groups because why?  Content is too difficult?  Are we playing the same game?  It doesn't matter.  Please identify for me the content where you are having difficulty as a group completing content because a warlock is in there fucking up the scaling.   

Warlock players are bitching about scaling?  Is something they do on teamspeak while steamrolling content on R4 so that they don't accidentally fall asleep at the keyboard because the content is so easy?  Any warlock bitching about scaling making content hard is a shitty player.  Full stop.  Nuff said.

Warlocks just solo?  That's been happening for almost 2 years now.  Nothing to do with scaling.  Everything to do with the fact that the class is OP and they keep screwing with the ES tree and blast DPS to try and fix it.  Which is like trying to fix a leak in the kitchen by replacing the roof in the dining room. 

Final point:  Scaling has been around for years.  You have been being "penalized" for having stronger builds in your parties for years.  They just never advertised how scaling works or what the numbers are.  Since 99% of the player base was unaware it even factored in class/build info of the players and thought it was a pure head count thing, they didn't make up reasons to complain about a system they don't actually understand.  The only mistake they made was in broadcasting that they adjusted the numbers.  Because now everybody on both sides of the warlock debate has something they can make up reasons to complain about a system they don't actually understand. 

Ask anyone complaining about scaling to describe to you exactly what it means, in detail, that warlock scaling is doubled.  What is the tangible change in HP of mobs, To hit, saves, DC's, damage,, number of mobs, etc.  At 1 player in the party, or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6.  And when more than one is a warlock.  I'd bet that no one can actually quantify the difference.  Yet they have formed an opinion on it.  To the point where they are declining warlocks from their party?  Because why let facts get in the way of a good internet rant.  Or, this fake reason to hate on warlocks is better than my last fake reason to hate on warlocks, so why not?

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Scaling has been around and has been explained on the boards.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
I've been in full groups with 2 or 3 warlocks and haven't noticed anything tangible.

In this case, SSG should not have explained this change.  No need to.  It only creates perception problems with the dumb-as-a-box-of-rocks DDO forum population.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #5 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 11:48am:
The only mistake they made was in broadcasting that they adjusted the numbers.  Because now everybody on both sides of the warlock debate has something they can make up reasons to complain about a system they don't actually understand. 

So... You agree with my point(s).

Warlocks just solo?  That's been happening for almost 2 years now.  Nothing to do with scaling.  Everything to do with the fact that the class is OP and they keep screwing with the ES tree and blast DPS to try and fix it.  Which is like trying to fix a leak in the kitchen by replacing the roof in the dining room. 

I'm that guy who steamrolls content on a non-ES Warlock, solo. You're preaching to the choir.

Ask anyone complaining about scaling to describe to you exactly what it means, in detail, that warlock scaling is doubled.  What is the tangible change in HP of mobs, To hit, saves, DC's, damage,, number of mobs, etc.  At 1 player in the party, or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6.  And when more than one is a warlock.  I'd bet that no one can actually quantify the difference.

I can anecdotally verify that in Reaper groups, the scaling was MUCH more aggressive, and that was with one Warlock and one warm-body. Whether or not that was the quest itself or just bad luck on the draw, it was a shit show compared to the same quest solo. And that warm body had been soloing his own Reapers to that point, and spent most of the time riding in my backpack when we grouped.

And since DDO has no interest in showing us the base-code to actually verify the numbers (for myriad reasons), and since the Combat log is infamous for not showing the correct numbers, scaling will likely remain within the realms of "Plausible Deniability" until the servers shut down.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #6 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 9:06am
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 6:20pm:
So... You agree with my point(s).

1 and 4, yes.  2 and 3, no.  I've not seen those happening.  5?  Yes.  You need more coffee...

IP Logged

knockcocker
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 9:23am
Print Post  
Definitely noticing the scaling.  Solo Warlock.  I did (an admittedly very shitty) quick
test with my second account.  Grouped up and entered dungeon (Tomb of the Forbidden) and
checked out the HP on the troll at the start (~750, non-champ).  Entered the quest with BF Sorc
of the same level.  HP did not change.  I don't know if this means anything.  I dimly recall HP
scaling automagically.

IP Logged

Carlin
Korthos Resident

Fuck the Children!

Reply #8 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 9:30am
Print Post  
I personally cannot tell any quest scaling.  When your builds are all the same, so you remember what DC's your going to have at which level.  Everything dies all the time.  I regularly run reaper 5-6 everyday and have been for a few months.  Now I get my ass handed to me more on elite quests from champs then from r1 quests just because I'm missing so many hps and DC's lol.  Good times!

You'll be fine if you just wash the main four parts of the body.  Armpits, Asshole, Crotch & Teeth.  In fact to save time, you can use the same brush on all four parts.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 11:57am
Print Post  
I have the same problem with Elite.  I'm not getting my ass handed to me on elite, but my insta-kills are not going off.

I use Sane Asylum for this test.  I do it R1/E/H/N each racial life because it is a 3 to 5 minute quest.

On R1, each Render dies on first attempt at FoD/Trap the Soul/PK. 
ON elite, those won't proc on multiple attempts.

Just have to remember i don't have as many hit points.  Still Easy... just have to take an extra 10 seconds to DPS them.

IP Logged

hyplo
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Okay as your resident self proclaimed expert on DS, or is that BS, let me explain.   I don't want to write out a long explanation because well I need a white board, six different color dry erase markers, two bottles of jager, and than I could almost explain it.

There was a feature that affected Multi-Class Warlocks characters in parties that were running quests below their level at Hard and Normal Difficulty.   Level 20 Character in a Level 15 Dungeon on Hard, Normal or Casual.

Not that it doesn't affect you TR/RR runs, but because you are going BB and Reaper the effect this change has on your character is negligible.    

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint