Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Potential drama here (Read 18015 times)
Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Potential drama here
Jul 23rd, 2017 at 2:26pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Re: Potential drama here
Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
sad. I've met a lot of cool people in DDO, but I've also met some serious shit bags. Not sure it's better than 50/50 on that too.

I believe this person, simply because of how many idiots I've run into.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #2 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
Could be worse. At least he's not a ginger.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #3 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 3:27pm:
Could be worse. At least he's not a ginger.

Gingers are immune to Trap the Soul.

IP Logged

Satanscock
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
So he basically called out everyone in the Keepers of Myth guild as being racists.

I thought players weren't supposed to air their dirty laundry in the mother forums.

Oh and he accused Lynnabel of calling him a racial slur.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/488402-Has-there-ever-been-a-person-of...
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2017 at 3:59pm by Satanscock »  

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #5 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
I really hate getting mouthed off by out-dated farm equipment.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 5:27pm:
out-dated farm equipment

an old plow? pitchfork? rake?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #7 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 5:33pm:
an old plow? pitchfork? rake?

Just don't call me a hoe.

IP Logged

Sgtgig
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #8 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
Satanscock wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 3:55pm:
So he basically called out everyone in the Keepers of Myth guild as being racists.

I thought players weren't supposed to air their dirty laundry in the mother forums.

Oh and he accused Lynnabel of calling him a racial slur.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/488402-Has-there-ever-been-a-person-of...

I was mildly curious as to what he was talking about and it's true. Sort of, in that Lynnabel did call him a "mongrel" and that he perceived it as a racial slur. The exchange in question. This happened back in February.

From what I can gather with quick Discord searches:
-Lynn used "mongrel" in casual conversation on other occasions.
-Lynn probably had zero way to tell Taimasan AKA Gui was black because he didn't mention it for months before this happened in #general.
-Lynn and Gui had a private conversation some time after. At some point the Discord mods got involved. They suggested Lynn and Gui block each other. Lynn apparently did, Gui did not: https://pastebin.com/raw/g12YJxwS. This was back in April.

From what I can see, Lynn called him a mongrel during a casual conversation, not knowing that he was a mixed black person and that mongrel is a derogatory slur for mixed race people, and then instead of letting Lynn know he doesn't like that word and asking for an apology, and getting quick closure on all of this, he's been picking at it for months, and now he's accusing SSG of having discriminatory hiring practices and threatening a lawsuit.

Gui never released transcripts between him and Lynn so it's hard to get the full picture. Until he does that, the above is all I can really discern.
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2017 at 7:10pm by Sgtgig »  

IP Logged

Satanscock
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
Sgtgig wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 7:00pm:
I was mildly curious as to what he was talking about and it's true. Sort of, in that Lynnabel did call him a "mongrel" and that he perceived it as a racial slur. The exchange in question. This happened back in February.

From what I can gather with quick Discord searches:
-Lynn used "mongrel" in casual conversation on other occasions.
-Lynn probably had zero way to tell Taimasan AKA Gui was black because he didn't mention it for months before this happened in #general.
-Lynn and Gui had a private conversation some time after. At some point the Discord mods got involved. They suggested Lynn and Gui block each other. Lynn apparently did, Gui did not: https://pastebin.com/raw/g12YJxwS. This was back in April.

From what I can see, Lynn called him a mongrel during a casual conversation, not knowing that he was a mixed black person and that mongrel is a derogatory slur for mixed race people, and then instead of letting Lynn know he doesn't like that word and asking for an apology, and getting quick closure on all of this, he's been picking at it for months, and now he's accusing SSG of having discriminatory hiring practices and threatening a lawsuit.

Gui never released transcripts between him and Lynn so it's hard to get the full picture. Until he does that, the above is all I can really discern.

thank you, I didn't know the background

So he called her an asshole
She called him a mongrel
He threated to cut her

...and now the crybully wants an apology

IP Logged

Quis
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
First message she ever sent to me was..you will see blow.

I believe every instance of her using mongrel was a poke at me.
I believe she knew what it meant the entire time.  From when the first time she ever spoke to me. 

And on going to I going to cut you comment, it was not a real threat of violence and she did not seem to think she was in any danger, seen by the chat.  I was lashing out because she had been constantly on my case for my grammar for weeks.  Knowing it is a huge pet peeve.  I any case.

Enjoy.

http://imgur.com/a/mM3O2

IP Logged

Satanscock
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Quis wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 7:58pm:
First message she ever sent to me was..you will see blow.

I believe she knew what it meant the entire time.  From when the first time she ever spoke to me. 

And on going to I going to cut you comment, it was not a real threat of violence and she did not seem to think she was in any danger, seen by the chat.  I was lashing out because she had been constantly on my case for my grammar for weeks.  Knowing it is a huge pet peeve.  I any case.

Enjoy.

You insulted her, she insulted you back and then you played the victim.

Your forum posts oddly didn't mention any threats of violence or your insults and this speaks volumes about your character.

Now, let me take a wild guess about your guild.

you made some new rules
guildies didn't like it and left
blame it on race

and don't bother responding to this post
you've already lost credibility

IP Logged

Quis
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
Check the time stamp.  She told me this around a year ago.  The events you guys are stating are a lot more recent.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
what's the deal with you calling lyn her/him/it?

Is lyn nonbinary?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
>see company is in boston[the south of the north]
>proceed to be surprised they are racists

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 8:47pm:
what's the deal with you calling lyn her/him/it?

Is lyn nonbinary?

did you just assume its gender, bro?

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #16 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Quis wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 8:37pm:
Check the time stamp.  She told me this around a year ago.  The events you guys are stating are a lot more recent.

In addition to being black are you also gay, retarded, and French?

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 8:50pm:
did you just assume its gender, bro?

honestly I'm partially curious but also partially want to be courteous to them if that's the case. I know a lot of people freak out about it like its a big deal but it really doesn't take any effort at all to call someone what they want to be called imo.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #18 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
Quis wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 8:37pm:

GROW A FUCKING DICK  YOU PANZEE BITCH.
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.
YOUR ANCESTORS DID NOT SUFFER FOR YOU TO ACT LIKE A FIVE YEAR OLD IN GRADE SCHOOL.

FUCK YOU.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #19 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 9:16pm:
YOUR ANCESTORS DID NOT SUFFER FOR YOU TO ACT LIKE A FIVE YEAR OLD IN GRADE SCHOOL.

FUCK YOU.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 9:05pm:
honestly I'm partially curious but also partially want to be courteous to them if that's the case. I know a lot of people freak out about it like its a big deal but it really doesn't take any effort at all to call someone what they want to be called imo.

We can assume she identifies as a she. the other possibility is he identifies with he, but has one of those feminine unisex names. generally reserved for celebrities to title their offspring. from having the word bell in her name we can assume she is from the south and a professional racist, or is an italian american a few generations removed from italy, which are also racist. source : we have large population of them in NY.   

Being; a possibly, southern born, white female, living and working in Boston, we can conclude she is a trump voter, a sock in the p&r section, and racist.

IP Logged

Quis
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 10:10pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Sgtgig
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #22 - Jul 24th, 2017 at 12:04am
Print Post  
Quis wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 7:58pm:

And until I see anything more, I believe that you're being oversensitive and looking for malice where there isn't any. I mean, every instance of her using that word? Even when you weren't a part of the conversation? Or just the two (2) times she called you that in PMs, and the one time she did in public, with one and three months between each instance?

I don't want to say you're not feeling what you're feeling about all of this, but I think that if you considered an outside opinion, maybe you wouldn't feel this way, which would be good, cause you seem upset. My understanding is that you've already talked about all of this with the Discord mods and Lynn herself, I dunno how productive that was so maybe I'm just wasting my fucking time here.

Also I'm still doubtful Lynn even knew your race. If you want to start getting sympathy points, start by showing that it was at least probable.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #23 - Jul 24th, 2017 at 1:08am
Print Post  
You called Lynn and asshole

You threatened to cut her. 

You tried to make it be about ssg having discriminatory hiring practices when really this is all about a personal beef with Lynn that goes back a year or more

You said you were black.  Then later adjusted that to be mixed racial.   (Hence why mongrel becomes a racially charged term) but your own self identification is not consistent in all threads

You are clearly not being 100% forthright and honest about this.  Most of the 3rd party posts show your attitude to be completely different to how you portray it now after the fact.

I think you would have been better served to start from the beginning and give a factual account.  Racism is a serious issue.   

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #24 - Jul 24th, 2017 at 1:27am
Print Post  
Fucking.snowflake.generation ...... please go play in rush hour traffic so the world can be free of one more the likes of you, thx

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint