Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Past Life priorities? (Read 4812 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Past Life priorities?
Sep 14th, 2017 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
So I'm not working towards any specific build, I'm just a TR-junky who enjoys the experiencing of trying out different classes and build combinations, and who hates re-earning gear(hense no real alts to speak of).

Anyway, I had been planning to eventually pick up 3 of every class past life except for druid, then start working on the racial PLs.

Now I am starting to wonder if maybe the racial PLs would be more valuable to get out of the way first?

The extra Constitution points obviously would be the most valuable, and I still get all the fun of play different builds. It just comes down to a question of what is more useful off the boat from korthos: Heroic PLs or racial PLs?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Re: Past Life priorities?
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
What about Epic and Iconic PLs?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
racials. you get +2 to stats at lv 1. the 10 ap at level 1. the completionist feat at lv1.

only heroic ones worth it are dc lives for casters, monk for dps, pally for heals and barb for the hp. epic lives are also way better at lv 1.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #3 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Ya on racial you dont have to use up a feat for completionist either.. itll stack with the heroic one too tho.

But ya. +2 to pretty much everything (only +1 str and wis atm). +1umd.. some other non too helpfull +1 skills.

And 10 ap at lvl one is really dope.. cant beat it.

So in the end its +4 to almost all stats(they will prolly have 2 more races soon for the two missing stats)
+3 to most skills. And 10ap..

Only bad part is you have to do shitty heroic.. ive been sick of heroic for years.. now  after being on my 26th racial.. i never wanna do them again.. haha. But have to..

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 8:01am
Print Post  
Assuming you're also running reaper when you run your 30 RTRs: Skill Mastery EPL x3 and Artificer PL x3 for +6 UMD are hugely beneficial. On top of Completionist, you're casting healing, GH and raise/resurrect scrolls several levels earlier. If you're going to run Warlock for your RTRs, then Energy Critical EPL x3.  If you'e going to run Arti, then Doubleshot EPL x3.  Neither is essential, but MOAR DAMAGE is always welcome.  Brace and Colors of the Queen EPLs are nice to have, but I wouldn't bother with them if you don't already have 'em.

I agree with Rubbinns' list except I wouldn't focus on barb PLs if you don't already have them.  You'll get more HP out of reaper enhancements for the time spent.
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2017 at 8:02am by Carpone »  

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 8:32am
Print Post  
Huh, so you can't score both a heroic class TR and a race TR in a single life with the right combo? If so, what the hell have they done to this poor game?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Bobbicus wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 8:32am:
Huh, so you can't score both a heroic class TR and a race TR in a single life with the right combo? If so, what the hell have they done to this poor game?

No, you can't Sad

But I kind of view it as a good thing. If multi-classing is the heart of DDO, then TRing is it's soul. Its the true end-game. So adding Racial TRs, If you have one really solid build you like thats not race-dependant, you have a lot more to do.

Personally, I was really worried what would happen when I ran out of heroic PLs Tongue

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 8:01am:
Assuming you're also running reaper when you run your 30 RTRs: Skill Mastery EPL x3 and Artificer PL x3 for +6 UMD are hugely beneficial. On top of Completionist, you're casting healing, GH and raise/resurrect scrolls several levels earlier. If you're going to run Warlock for your RTRs, then Energy Critical EPL x3.  If you'e going to run Arti, then Doubleshot EPL x3.  Neither is essential, but MOAR DAMAGE is always welcome.  Brace and Colors of the Queen EPLs are nice to have, but I wouldn't bother with them if you don't already have 'em.

I agree with Rubbinns' list except I wouldn't focus on barb PLs if you don't already have them.  You'll get more HP out of reaper enhancements for the time spent.

Most of my lives were done as iconics, so I neever picked up a ton of epic PLs.

I do have 3x Colors of the Queen and 2x doublestrike, so that'll come in handy.

I'll be picking up more epic PLs as I play through the Racial TRs; I happen to like epics best so I usually play through both, then do an epic TR follow by a heroic(now racial) TR.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #8 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
I think Rubbins and Skrilla got it.

Descending order of priorities (for me at least) has always been:

1) Staying alive- HP, Damage Mitigation, Healing Amp. So Barb, Martial PLs, Pally PLs.
2) DPS- Offense is the best defense. Monk and Ranger PLs, for the win.
3) Return on Investment- Anything that makes achieving the above simpler, faster, or easier. UMD is huge.

I am currently grinding out some Pally lives, then on to Monk and then likely some Iconic/Martial PL grind for more PRR/MRR.

Haven't even considered rTR yet since I'm still prepping for it  Undecided

« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2017 at 12:26pm by Metal-Beast »  

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
I'm finishing a second Paladin PL now, I think I did all the fighter PLs. Have 2 monk PLs, 3 ranger, so all good there.

I'm pretty sure I have more than enough regular PLs to make the racial PLs easier to get, thinking I'd start with the Con ones: Dwarf and Warforged.

I think my favorite part of the racial PLs is it gives you an excuse to re-play builds you've already maxed out the heroic PLs on. I had so much fun playing Warforged Artificers I did it 3 times in a row. Guess what? I getta do it all over again!!!!

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #10 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 1:46pm:
I'm pretty sure I have more than enough regular PLs to make the racial PLs easier to get, thinking I'd start with the Con ones: Dwarf and Warforged.

Only thing I'd watch out there is if you actually want to use the points on a build.  Dwarf's one of the best for having an extra 10 points to blow in racial, for obvious reasons.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 3:29pm:
Only thing I'd watch out there is if you actually want to use the points on a build.  Dwarf's one of the best for having an extra 10 points to blow in racial, for obvious reasons.

Definitely true.

But on the flip side, Con is a more valuable stat to get a free point of, so in that case it makes sense to go after the lives early.

Hey, question for those  that have done a bunch of these PLs already: what do you do to cross the 10-12 gap? That was ALWAYS the hardest part of heroics for me. It seems like I never had a problem getting to lvl 10, but then I'd be stuck there forever with those precious green steels tantalizingly out of reach...

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #12 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 5:43pm:
Hey, question for those  that have done a bunch of these PLs already: what do you do to cross the 10-12 gap? That was ALWAYS the hardest part of heroics for me. It seems like I never had a problem getting to lvl 10, but then I'd be stuck there forever with those precious green steels tantalizingly out of reach...      

You have to hold levels.

Grind VoN3 Reaper/Elite/Hard, and maybe Shadow Crypt if you have an opener.

Finish wilderness Explorers when possible, it's easy XP, even if it isn't particularly fast.

Level 10 is a dead zone for content, there's really only Restless Isles, Sorrowdusk, and Dragonblood Prophecy, none of which are grindable. HiPS is doable, if you can stomach it (I just think it's dull as shit).

So if you weren't holding levels until 11 before, start holding them at 8 or 9. Red Fens is a good filler if you didn't run that content before. It's easier to justify since the gear was updated.

An at level VoN5-6 run will cover a lot of ground too, but groups are few and far between (on Cannith, anyway).

YMMV.  Wink

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #13 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
iirc:

Red Fens, necro 3, von chain including von5 (it only takes 2 people, but you need sprintboost to get from the levers at the bottom to the airjet ontime).

If you can't do von5, do Sorrowdusk, there are 2 or 3 quests there that take less than 2 minutes so are worth repeating.
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2017 at 6:04pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #14 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Shadow Crypt can get you two levels all by itself.  I'd throw Von3 in there  if you prefer running a few quests on repeat.
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2017 at 6:07pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #15 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
With level 10, I'm usually still cleaning up the base level 9 quests.  But, I will also run the following if it suits me.
- Heroic Raids: I try to find heroic Von5/6 and TS runs.
- U35 content: As there is a lot of good BtA leveling gear in there.
- Thernal (and the no name side quests) make for some decent rXP.
- Ataraxia's Haven.

Level 11, for me, is all about the desert.  This includes the level 12 quests out there as well.  You should get the 3rd tier of Necropolis crypts done if you need to restock Silver Flame potions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
Gonna have to go farm the U35s this life, those have some items I'll want.

Also it occurs to me that Ravenloft will be adding ML10 content, that should pretty well close up the 10-12 gap. I call it "The Greensteel Gap".

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint