Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) wow 2 exploits in a single week (Read 16455 times)
NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: wow 2 exploits in a single week
Reply #25 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Shit must be going down. No Weds restart and no Weds lunchtime stream, too. They are definitely avoiding being put in a situation where they would have to answer/dodge questions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #26 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Aug 16th, 2017 at 9:44am:
Ok.. seriously.. if I got stripped to the bone like that.. I would walk away and never look back @ the game...  Shocked

I dunno.   If you enjoy the game for what it is, or maybe in spite of what it is, rolling a new toon can actually be fun.

The lack of power creep from all the twink gear, past lives, essentially unlimited plat-purchased consumables and whatnot actually makes the game sort of (debatable I guess) challenging on Elite.  The biggest pain in the ass is the stupid elite opener lockout if you're first life and non-VIP.

As a bonus, you don't have to worry about playing bank tetris because you don't have 20 PLs worth of crap stockpiled.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 16th, 2017 at 12:46pm:
I dunno.   If you enjoy the game for what it is, or maybe in spite of what it is, rolling a new toon can actually be fun.

The lack of power creep from all the twink gear, past lives, essentially unlimited plat-purchased consumables and whatnot actually makes the game sort of (debatable I guess) challenging on Elite.  The biggest pain in the ass is the stupid elite opener lockout if you're first life and non-VIP.

As a bonus, you don't have to worry about playing bank tetris because you don't have 20 PLs worth of crap stockpiled.

LOL! Smiley

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on Aug 16th, 2017 at 2:36am:
The bans are coming in, heard of a few already. Dead servers?
........ nah son, let's make them even more sparse coz we're SSG!

You know that shiradi i epic reincarnated today? yeah, about that... i lost my tome of fate +1. and now do not have enough fate points to grab both energy burst and empyrean magic. /wrists    i mean, guess am lucky because could have lost stat tomes?

but, yeah let's not worry about fixing the tr problems, or anything. not like this game is built around trs... and instead let's swing our little developer dicks around to ban people so we can feel powerful over something just once in our lives.
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2017 at 5:08pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #29 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Aug 16th, 2017 at 4:07pm:
LOL! Smiley

LOL all you want, but if you only enjoy DDO because of whatever gear you have stockpiled, I'd really wonder why the hell you still play the game.  Itemization in DDO has sucked for a while.  95% of the old gear has been rendered completely irrelevant by the more recent stuff.  The current stuff will be outdated by whatever gear they release in the next year, and so on.

In fact, I'd wonder if you're stupid for continuing to play if that's how you see it.  There are much better gearfest games out there these days if that's what pushes your buttons.

Past lives aren't necessary to run the latest content in the game if you're good and running a good build.  We have a second lifer in our guild's static 10-skull reaper group who does really well.  He did just fine as a first lifer, too, and only TR'd because it would have taken two +20 hearts to compensate for some changes Turbine made a while back that impacted his build.

Gearing up a new toon doesn't take much time these days.   Slave Lords named and crafted + Cannith crafted = more than good enough.  Might take a bit to farm the mats for an LGS or T3 thunderforged weapon, but it's easily farmable.

« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2017 at 5:24pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #30 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 16th, 2017 at 5:07pm:
You know that shiradi i epic reincarnated today? yeah, about that... i lost my tome of fate +1. and now do not have enough fate points to grab both energy burst and empyrean magic. /wrists    i mean, guess am lucky because could have lost stat tomes?

but, yeah let's not worry about fixing the tr problems, or anything. not like this game is built around trs... and instead let's swing our little developer dicks around to ban people so we can feel powerful over something just once in our lives.

nofuckingway  Undecided More and more people losing shit as the days go by ..... used to be you heard of a friend of a friend who knew someone someone, now it's people you run with. But yeah, as you said, they wanna beat their dicks on each other's chests and ban paying customers to give their life some sort of weird meaning instead.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 16th, 2017 at 5:21pm:
LOL all you want, ....

I thought it was genuinely funny, mainly because it was true, certainly wasn't being derisive about it. It was more or less the point I've made a few times here on the boards concerning all the people who happily describe how they don't don''t play, the game sucks.. etc...... yet they keep posting on a board dedicated to the game where people used to share but don't because reasons...

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #32 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
I've been playing POE whats this all about?

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #33 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Aug 16th, 2017 at 5:29pm:
I thought it was genuinely funny, mainly because it was true, certainly wasn't being derisive about it. It was more or less the point I've made a few times here on the boards concerning all the people who happily describe how they don't don''t play, the game sucks.. etc...... yet they keep posting on a board dedicated to the game where people used to share but don't because reasons...

Ahh, my mistake then.   Hard to tell whether someone is serious or being a sarcastic bastard on forums sometimes, especially these.  =)

IP Logged

Counsel
Korthos Resident

i crit my pants

Reply #34 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 1:15am
Print Post  
hmm hours left, might as well, here is a sneak peak on how to do it.

step 1 - buy x2 astral shards from store.
step 2 - learn to click fast while talking to someone =p

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 7:36am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 16th, 2017 at 11:03pm:
Ahh, my mistake then.   Hard to tell whether someone is serious or being a sarcastic bastard on forums sometimes, especially these.  =)

I think it would probably be so upsetting due to me not knowing shit about exploits (as nobody shares), and haven't done anything that would warrant my getting stripped.

Used to play a game called Gemstone... found out about it on Compurserve, then Prodigy, then AOL. Eventually it made its way to the web and its still active.

I played that game a LOOOONG time, had a lot of friends, watched a bunch come and go. Never had the time to be staff (or interest), so never tried to be a GM. One of my pals eventually got around to it, then got promoted to SGM, and then became a team lead.

Unfortunately, he was more then a little overbearing, and as the older GMs stepped away due to lifes demands, newer staff got very snivly and whiny about job assignments, project implementation, showing favoritism to their pals and getting called on it...

Eventually he got into a blowout and said some thing s he most certainly shouldn't have... and got demoted and eventually dismissed.

While all this was going down, He and I were participating in a end of year festival with lots of contests and prizes. I had taken a week off from work and had REALLY made out like a bandit by simply being in attendance and paying attention to what was going on. Because I was friends with the newly demoted SGM.. I got pulled into a GMs private chambers, accused of cheating and conspiring to cheat, and was stripped of pretty much everything I had spent all week getting. I appealed repeatedly, was threatened with more action if I didn't desist... so I cancelled my accounts (had 3) and never looked back   Sad

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 9:01am
Print Post  
Counsel wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 1:15am:
hmm hours left, might as well, here is a sneak peak on how to do it.

step 1 - buy x2 astral shards from store.
step 2 - learn to click fast while talking to someone =p

« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2017 at 9:03am by platfarmchink »  

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #37 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 9:35am
Print Post  
Step 3.... permabanned

IP Logged

Counsel
Korthos Resident

i crit my pants

Reply #38 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
confirmed no longer working after the patch, "invalid target"

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Counsel wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 12:06pm:

none of them are working

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Sneaky Shadow Lurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
Counsel wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 12:06pm:

to be fair it said invalid target when it was working too  Tongue

Everywhere

IP Logged

Counsel
Korthos Resident

i crit my pants

Reply #41 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
Well I was still somewhat drunk this morning after the patch.  I'd check it again now but I think I got banned.  Just waiting on the official email notification now ;ppp

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #42 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 1:00am
Print Post  
Counsel wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 9:51pm:
Well I was still somewhat drunk this morning after the patch.  I'd check it again now but I think I got banned.  Just waiting on the official email notification now ;ppp

Yup, they traced every one of you AS duping suckers back to the source.

ASAH isn't back online tho

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 1:27am
Print Post  
Counsel wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 9:51pm:

when i caught the perma they didnt even bother giving me the courtesy of sending me an email. took months of me sending emails asking y u do dis to get a response.

IP Logged

Bandman
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 9:02am
Print Post  
They do not send emails unless one emails them first.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Bandman wrote on Aug 18th, 2017 at 9:02am:
They do not send emails unless one emails them first.

not true. I know of at least 2 people that got emailed without sending in any.

IP Logged

Friendship
Korthos Resident

Love me! Please?

Reply #46 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 10:29am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 16th, 2017 at 9:17am:
customer support is more concerned with this, than getting people's gear back

rofl

People not getting gear back costs them what, the amount that player pays? And really how many people who have a bunch of TRs pay much any more?

Messing with the astral shards costs them money. If there's one thing they care about it's their pocketbook. Nothing else matters.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #47 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 18th, 2017 at 9:28am:
not true. I know of at least 2 people that got emailed without sending in any.

LOL  The f'ing travesty with that is that they provide more communications to people they ban than to legit customers that TR and lose all their stuff.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #48 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Bandman wrote on Aug 16th, 2017 at 8:45am:
revocation of all past lives.

Since when has that been possible?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #49 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 18th, 2017 at 2:06pm:
Since when has that been possible?

The GMs probably just log your toon in and TR you over and over until the TR bug wrecks everything.    Maybe that's why SSG won't fix it.  They consider it a "utility".
« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2017 at 5:51pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint