Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic A handful of questions (Read 4725 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

A handful of questions
Aug 20th, 2017 at 3:56am
Print Post  
Yeah, I know.  But I'm still playing catch up.

Named loot tables - did they increase them?  I have named items drop damn near every quest now - including quests I never even knew had named items.  I pulled 2 cloaks of invisibility farming TS within 4 quick runs, where I'd never got one the like 100 fucking times I ran it back in the day.

I pulled 3 named items out of Tear the other day in a single run and I didn't even know Tear had named items.  Seriously, ran that damn quest at least 100 times and have never seen a named item before.

So, either they've really cranked up the drop rate, or my stupid little exploit is working.

The underdark is now not so dark?  It's not my imagination, right?  You don't even need the goggles to get around (technically you never had to have them, but it was easier with them)?  Pretty sure I don't approve of this change.  Kind of liked it how it was.

Have traps been nerfed?  I'm having a hard time telling because I've been playing rogue splashes, but are traps still the one hit one kill deathtraps they were?  I run right over them now and barely even notice them, but the one time I rolled a one on my save, it was instant kill, so I'm not sure.

If they haven't been toned down, it's still pointless to have them that high.  It can easily be by-passed with a splash of rogue and all it does is discourage pure builds.

And finally, has anyone ever made a list of which quests rewards which items?  I'm about 90% certain that quest givers always reward the same items (random loot gen, but certain ones always only give out staffs and shield, bastard swords and necklaces, etc).  Just wondering if anyone put the information together where you can try to farm certain random items at a certain level range from specific quests' end rewards.

Edit - Forgot the most important question - found a double augmented, craftable pair of goggle in my inventory.  Pretty sure it's left over from when the epic random drops were incompatible with the heroic (might be wrong, but seem to recall that the epic random loot deconstructed down to level 20, not level 01 and the weapons kept the epic [W]).

Do double slotted items still drop with random loot?  Or are you only going to find them left over on the AH like guild augments?
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2017 at 11:37am by Skoodge »  

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: A handful of questions
Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 7:54am
Print Post  
Are you running reaper?   If so, named drops are increased per skull.  Not sure of the formula.  But it does seem to be noticeable in the leveling runs I've been doing. 

The undersark hasn't changed that I know of.   But if you are using a different pc or monitor than you used to, the brightness settings might just be different.  Or you are running on a different graphics quality setting.  When I got a new pc about 5 years ago I upped the settings and the game looked very different.

Traps aren't nerfed but prr is more prevalent now and it affects traps, which have not changed.  So the resulting damage is lower.  Absorption is also more easily available.  PLs for the win. 

I never thought certain end rewards focused on specific ran loot.   I always thought that was random as determined by your setting to get class specific loot or not.  I could be wrong.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #2 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 7:54am:
Are you running reaper?

Almost only elite BB (I jump in to reaper if it's a quest/chain I can't solo, but I'm probably at least 90% solo).  Shame they didn't do this freaking years ago when the items were worth using.  Damn near all of items before 2013 or so are just vendor trash now (hell, random loot is better - at least you can break it down for essences).

The undersark hasn't changed that I know of.   But if you are using a different pc or monitor than you used to, the brightness settings might just be different.

That might be it.  Think this at least the 5th computer I've played ddo on and (obviously) the best.  With the exception of a few dark corners, I find the underdark to be completely and easily navigatable now.

Traps aren't nerfed but prr is more prevalent now and it affects traps, which have not changed.  So the resulting damage is lower.  Absorption is also more easily available.  PLs for the win. 

I have much higher PRR this time around than when I quit playing and made sure to get elemental resistance for all the elements.  Way easier to get it all fit in now with the new crafting system.  I'll probably still end up using a splash of rogue for all my builds because it's just easier to solo with it - plus I can open doors and locked chests (even when I can't actually trap).

I never thought certain end rewards focused on specific ran loot.   I always thought that was random as determined by your setting to get class specific loot or not.  I could be wrong.

Could be my imagination, but I'm pretty sure if you pay attention to the same level quests you tend to run at once (the depths chain and the house K, shorter quests) that they always offer roughly the same items (more noticeable if you run the same chain on two different settings back to back).

Not sure how random the items' prefixes and suffixes actually are, but it seems to me that certain quest givers always mostly give you shields, certain ones always offer staffs, others always offer long swords or hand axes, etc.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Tear drops nameds like mad. 1 skull increases drop rates vs elite but has already been shown increasing skulls doesn't mean shit above 1.

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #4 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 9:56am
Print Post  
platfarmchink wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 9:49am:
Tear drops nameds like mad. 1 skull increases drop rates vs elite but has already been shown increasing skulls doesn't mean shit above 1.

Named loot drop % chance increases per skull level

http://m.ddowiki.com/page/Reaper

monk changes 2016 for president

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 10:02am
Print Post  
Sailias wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 9:56am:

Jfc you fail.

A tiny not even measurable R10 vs R1 increase is effectively 0. We've been over this already, Half a percent is not a chaser, GTFO.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #6 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 2:32pm
Print Post  

Sharn Syndicate. Even the Wiki knows.

Skoodge wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 3:56am:
Do double slotted items still drop with random loot?  Or are you only going to find them left over on the AH like guild augments?

No. Yes.

There's always a reward list somewhere that didn't get updated. Could might be still dropping on one of those.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Sailias wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 9:56am:

Unfortunately not in any seriously meaningful way.

It's a bullet point on someone's resume, that's it. Like all the systems put in placed and abandoned. Maybe that's why we've been getting more and more new systems and less and less actual new content.  *shrug*

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #8 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Yeah, I know.  But I'm still playing catch up.

Named loot tables - did they increase them?  I have named items drop damn near every quest now - including quests I never even knew had named items.  I pulled 2 cloaks of invisibility farming TS within 4 quick runs, where I'd never got one the like 100 fucking times I ran it back in the day.

Not sure, but for friday/saturday raidathon I noticed that we had an unconventional amount of Named items ( almost everybody got at least one name out of VON 5/6, 4 or 5 items dropped in Defiler; Shroud was it's usual self, but well that's Shroud, ingredsients have their own loot tables )

The underdark is now not so dark?  It's not my imagination, right?  You don't even need the goggles to get around (technically you never had to have them, but it was easier with them)?  Pretty sure I don't approve of this change.  Kind of liked it how it was.

Nothing new, especially if you're running an Elf or a Dwarf at the moment...

Have traps been nerfed?  I'm having a hard time telling because I've been playing rogue splashes, but are traps still the one hit one kill deathtraps they were?  I run right over them now and barely even notice them, but the one time I rolled a one on my save, it was instant kill, so I'm not sure.

If they haven't been toned down, it's still pointless to have them that high.  It can easily be by-passed with a splash of rogue and all it does is discourage pure builds.

Traps have always been a joke since F2P, the only time they tried to get them deadly all the forum whore whined, and they toned them down pretty fast.
( they used to be deadly initially )

And finally, has anyone ever made a list of which quests rewards which items?  I'm about 90% certain that quest givers always reward the same items (random loot gen, but certain ones always only give out staffs and shield, bastard swords and necklaces, etc).  Just wondering if anyone put the information together where you can try to farm certain random items at a certain level range from specific quests' end rewards.

I don't think anybody bothered, like making a list of the Quest String Table from the /loc

Edit - Forgot the most important question - found a double augmented, craftable pair of goggle in my inventory.  Pretty sure it's left over from when the epic random drops were incompatible with the heroic (might be wrong, but seem to recall that the epic random loot deconstructed down to level 20, not level 01 and the weapons kept the epic [W]).

Rarely, very rarely... but they still drop... almost as rare a drop as a Tome...

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #9 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Did they fiddle with something recently trying to make traps "doublestrike" less frequently?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Scrybe
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
NoGoodDoc wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 3:32pm:
Unfortunately not in any seriously meaningful way.

It's a bullet point on someone's resume, that's it. Like all the systems put in placed and abandoned. Maybe that's why we've been getting more and more new systems and less and less actual new content.  *shrug*

...So what is the exact increase per skull for this?

I always assumed it would actually make *some* difference?

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 23rd, 2017 at 11:56am:
Did they fiddle with something recently trying to make traps "doublestrike" less frequently?

Perhaps, when they removed the doublestrike feature from Hellball.

IP Logged

NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Scrybe wrote on Aug 23rd, 2017 at 12:13pm:
...So what is the exact increase per skull for this?

I always assumed it would actually make *some* difference?

Unsurprisingly, they won't disclose that information. And, usually, when they don't want to tell us, it's because we won't like the answer.

But if you want to lawyer it, let's use a fairly reasonable example: say there is a 3% drop rate for an item and each skull gives 5% increase in drop chance, at 10 skulls that's 4.5% for that item. Better, yes, but not in any meaningful way. Especially with the time/resource commitment 10 skulls can require.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
NoGoodDoc wrote on Aug 23rd, 2017 at 12:57pm:
Unsurprisingly, they won't disclose that information. And, usually, when they don't want to tell us, it's because we won't like the answer.

Part of me is surprised no one has released DDO's source code.  With their track record of operational incompetency (expiring domain name, 10 year old forum software, and recent PCI PA-DSS compliant storefront), their security is probably abysmal.  Then I remember that DDO isn't even popular enough for it's fanbase to create private servers like successful MMO titles.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Aug 24th, 2017 at 12:26am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Aug 23rd, 2017 at 2:12pm:
Then I remember that DDO isn't even popular enough for it's fanbase to create private servers like successful MMO titles.

Hmm, a DDO private server would be pretty cool TBH. I don't care if I'd be the only one playing it, but being able to return to DDO circa 2012 right before MOTU would be amazing.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #15 - Aug 24th, 2017 at 12:35am
Print Post  
Quote:
Hmm, a DDO private server would be pretty cool TBH. I don't care if I'd be the only one playing it, but being able to return to DDO circa 2012 right before MOTU would be amazing.

Would be pretty cool if there was private servers!

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 4:18am
Print Post  
Voice of the master and cloak of the worlshaper are still 'go to' items.  The loots from red fens and Sharn Syndicate are all op now.

[quote author=7C474B405B4F4F2E0 link=1503215792/4#4 date=1503237419]

[/quote]
lololol

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsjChp2qpVY&lc=z22pfz2jwr3ezrhutacdp431trdsguq5mderxja0expw03c010c.1503313162547276]Get good[/url].
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2017 at 6:17am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Scrybe
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 6:28am
Print Post  
They duo that on R10, used all their rerolls and didn't get a jibbers.  Harsh.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #18 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Who the fuck uses voices or cloaks of the worldshaper.. that dm vision might be something some would think is cool.. but.. fuck dat..

Slot that 5% xp aug at lvl 1..  Cheesy

IP Logged

Scrybe
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 6:20am
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 11:16am:
Who the fuck uses voices or cloaks of the worldshaper.. that dm vision might be something some would think is cool.. but.. fuck dat..

I feel you.  At least mantle has (very limited) spell absorption that can be useful as a swap in at times.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #20 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 7:59am
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 11:16am:

You can also craft smth like min.lvl.1 goggles with True Seeing, Persuasion and slot Master's gift in there.
ALL at min level 1 Smiley

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #21 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Aug 28th, 2017 at 7:59am:
You can also craft smth like min.lvl.1 goggles with True Seeing, Persuasion and slot Master's gift in there.
ALL at min level 1

If you can't be bothered to craft stuff, you can always throw Master's gift in a worthless Jade Ring since there aren't really good rings at level 1.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #22 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 5:26pm:
there aren't really good rings at level 1.

Not anymore, anyway.   Grin

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint