Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic CC is back?! (Read 4368 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

CC is back?!
Sep 14th, 2017 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Dude, what the fuck?  Are they seriously that clueless?  I hadn't ran it in years, so it was kind of exciting for me to run it again...for about 10 minutes.  Then it became the same boring grind it always is.  Within 3 days almost no one was running it any more and by the last 3 days of the event, it was completely dead.  Why even fucking bother with bringing it back already?*

*yeah, yeah, I know.  Because - Turbine.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Re: CC is back?!
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
My wife is a relatively new player and she's trying to work on another Spyglass trinket.

Not everyone has all the items and fully upgraded like you or I do.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
But are the items even worth upgrading?

CC loot has gotten no love in the recent passes, whats really still useful?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #3 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
But are the items even worth upgrading?

CC loot has gotten no love in the recent passes, whats really still useful?

The trinkets really are great TR gear.  They give a nice boost...for like 4 levels.  The spyglass is always worth having (especially for the higher levels when true seeing isn't enough).  Outside of that, there's really nothing else (for me at least) that's worth the effort to grind out.

Fuck those weak-ass pots that take forever to grind out and share timers with all other pots.  Seriously, fuck those pots.  Biggest waste of time I've ever spent in this game (which says something).

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
The air ellies are worth it.  But I've got like 800 of them already.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 5:44pm:
The trinkets really are great TR gear.  They give a nice boost...for like 4 levels.  The spyglass is always worth having (especially for the higher levels when true seeing isn't enough).  Outside of that, there's really nothing else (for me at least) that's worth the effort to grind out.

Fuck those weak-ass pots that take forever to grind out and share timers with all other pots.  Seriously, fuck those pots.  Biggest waste of time I've ever spent in this game (which says something).

Which trinket do you like at what levels?

I like the everfull flask of rum, its really handy do have a heal and full restore on a panic button thats reusable. I think consumable potions as turn in rewards are newb-bate and should be abolished Tongue The ones from rem turn-ins are the absolute worst! Pay a bunch of mysterious remnants for a scroll or potion you can buy from a vendor?!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Most of the Crystal Cove loot isn't terrible per se, but the problem is that 90% of named loot has now been made obsolete by Cannith Crafting. The one exception off the top of my mind is the hat: Superior False Life on a ML 9 item is fantastic and the +40 HP isn't something you'd otherwise have access to until level 20 at least. +7 to a skill of your choice on that same item isn't bad either.

But on the flip side, +40 HP isn't exactly game-breaking and it's something most people could probably do without. Crystal Cove has been "meh" for a long time, and it's really not fun either if you ask me.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Most of the Crystal Cove loot isn't terrible per se, but the problem is that 90% of named loot has now been made obsolete by Cannith Crafting. The one exception off the top of my mind is the hat: Superior False Life on a ML 9 item is fantastic and the +40 HP isn't something you'd otherwise have access to until level 20 at least. +7 to a skill of your choice on that same item isn't bad either.

But on the flip side, +40 HP isn't exactly game-breaking and it's something most people could probably do without. Crystal Cove has been "meh" for a long time, and it's really not fun either if you ask me.

That hat is the only piece of heroic CC gear I have beside the flask.

I do actually think the cove is pretty fun, though. All the people rushing around the island, turning in maps, updating the count, then the portal opens and its a mad scramble - its a rush.

But the gear was never worth the grind(lets just say I didn't really "earn" that flask), and now its even less worth it than when it was super relevant.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #8 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:42pm:
Which trinket do you like at what levels?

Nimble trinket's great if you don't have the house C challenges - it gives you  Attack bonus +1, Dodge Bonus +2, and blurry (20% concealment at level 4 is pretty damned sweet).

But I'm using the Stalwart trinket (since I have blurry on my bracers) from levels 4-7 for its Earthen Guard, Stacking 10% Bonus to Fortification (which puts you almost to 100% at low levels with moderate fortification), and +10 stacking HP, though I could just as easily go for the bold and get Exceptional Seeker +2 (Stacks), +1 competence bonus to damage, and Shocking Blow (depending if you want to go offensive or defensive).

I went ahead and picked up a fully upgraded cunning trinket on the off-hand chance I ever want to TR into a class that could use it.

raybob wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 5:53pm:
The air ellies are worth it.  But I've got like 800 of them already. 

That too, but I picked up about 10 stacks of 100 last run, so that should carry me through at least 10 lives (those things really do make soloing a breeze up until about level 8 or so).
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2017 at 7:12pm by Skoodge »  

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #9 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
A Greater Stalwart Trinket is a keeper for reaper quests in the 4-7 range.  Everything stacks and the stoneskin proc is useful.

IIRC Swashbuckler should still be relevant for a swashbuckler build with a cleave type attack.

The Tier 3, level 16 Spyglass is pretty much the best in slot item for a Battle Engineer or Mechanic as you can get the profane stat bonuses on a ring and exceptional stats are long forgotten by the dev team.

IIRC, the Cutthroat’s smallblade is the best enhanced crit profile BtA shortsword in heroics.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #10 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
Fuck cc.. havent been there in years.. i threw iut all my cc shit other than a glass cannon some bucklers and a few trinkets which i never end up using..

They havent upgraded shit in forever. Why would they expect people to go in there? I used to run it for xo but i remember it being nurfed years and years ago..

Im not gonna lie.. when i first started playing i liked it, the xp, and the gear.. now I just stay away
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2017 at 10:26pm by Skrilla »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 7:24pm:
IIRC, the Cutthroat’s smallblade is the best enhanced crit profile BtA shortsword in heroics.

Wha lvl do you like it at?

I'll be doing some bard lives coming up and you know how those guys crit Tongue

IP Logged

ThereIsNoSpoon
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
It's only back because people bug the shit out of Jerry on his streams to bring it back.  And it's back again so soon because Tuesday is talk like a pirate day.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #13 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 10:56pm:
Wha lvl do you like it at?

I'll be doing some bard lives coming up and you know how those guys crit Tongue

The level 12+ Cutthroat Smallblade is a short sword with double the base threat range of a shortsword.  So, a swashbucking bard with improved crit would make it 14-20 x3.  I was thinking more for a monk, ranger, or rogue type though.

But, I think you may be asking about the Swashbuckler shield.  Rubbins or 5 Foot could explain better, but the power is in forcing Guardbreaking procs on a cleave when you have a nice Exploit Weakness stack going.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Treasure_of_Crystal_Cove_loot

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #14 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 1:09am
Print Post  
if the loot was upgraded to 30... and was done the same way it was initlally done, it would be run by a lot of people, but like everything else, it's not a new system, not a new event, so it's left to rot.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 1:12am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:54pm:
I do actually think the cove is pretty fun, though. All the people rushing around the island, turning in maps, updating the count, then the portal opens and its a mad scramble - its a rush.

I guess you and I will just have to disagree on that then. I stopped finding it "fun" a long time ago, though admittedly, it's a LOT less fun when there's just no playerbase to support it. It takes so much longer to collect enough map pieces these days; I'd rather not spend an hour or two just running around cove waiting in vain for the thing to fill up.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #16 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 2:52am
Print Post  
Yeah almost 2 weeks of like 2 people running it is totals justification for having another fucking 5 days of it ...... lazy fucking weekend bonus and a handful of slobbering idiots is what it is

IP Logged

Magneto
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 2:56am
Print Post  
Dudes. The swashbuckler in combo with keen shorty or rapier are best low lvl items. At lvl 8 take the co6 one, to be on the sunside of ddo.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #18 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 7:44am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 4:25pm:
My wife is a relatively new player and she's trying to work on another Spyglass trinket.

Not everyone has all the items and fully upgraded like you or I do.

you are the worst husband ever. didnt you tell her the dupe exploits when they were easy and available to everyone? Wow, dude, wow. Roll Eyes Tongue Grin

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 9:31am
Print Post  
Some of the stuff is decent. But I think at this point everybody has what they want, and most of it isn't worth the grind anymore if you don't have it.

Love the air ele gems, but like most people I have hundreds of them. Especially since you used ot be able to reuse compasses to do gem runs and just get fuck tons of dubloons if you didn't get the shard quota. (Think they changed that? Don't know, don't run it anymore)

The dagger can be ok for the clickie. Got a few of those already.

The buckler I really like for my swash bard at 16 and 20, use it until the Admirals Tiller.

Boy how awesome was that epic cavalry plate back in the day when cove was new.....almost useless now thanks to PRR.

Spyglasses are good swap items. I have one for every toon. True seeing, umd etc.

LOVE the nimble trinkets, especially for my gimp melees who cant cast blur. Have a few of those.

Most of the other stuff is pretty meh. I'd maybe get a flask but it is WAY TOO MUCH GRIND.

Like someone said, lazy fucking bonus weekend. Fuck we forgot to do a bonus weekend! Just turn cove on, it's almost friday fuck it.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint