Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ravenloft loot farming difficulty level (Read 9446 times)
Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Ravenloft loot farming difficulty level
Dec 11th, 2017 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
So far I have run all the quests with guildies or groups on R2 or R3 and the drop rates for items has been pretty good, this may also be due to the initial rate increase, but I have soloed a few quests EE and seen nothing.  Not really a sample size big enough to know anything, but what is the general consensus for loot farming EH, EE?  Soloing even R1 on a tune without a lot of reaper points is too much work in my lazy opinion...

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Re: Ravenloft loot farming difficulty level
Reply #1 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Dec 11th, 2017 at 12:42pm:
So far I have run all the quests with guildies or groups on R2 or R3 and the drop rates for items has been pretty good, this may also be due to the initial rate increase, but I have soloed a few quests EE and seen nothing.  Not really a sample size big enough to know anything, but what is the general consensus for loot farming EH, EE?  Soloing even R1 on a tune without a lot of reaper points is too much work in my lazy opinion...

you lost my interest at "tune"

good day.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #2 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Dec 11th, 2017 at 12:56pm:
you lost my interest at "tune"

You never hit me as a music lover Wink

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Dec 11th, 2017 at 1:57pm:
You never hit me as a music lover Wink

He said.....GOOD DAY SIR.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Oops!  Well at least I know the correct pronunciation of melee and tome, even if I can't seem to spell the contracted version of cartoon....

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #5 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Proofreading is a lost art.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #6 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
Ya ive been doing pretty good not running it all.. I got sick of running around in that mansion or whatever.. And id like to do the raid but its total shit that i have to spend like 4hrs or something to flag.. Ill try it out in a few months when others have all the shit and can pass uneeded shit to me. And when wiki says how to run them..

Im lazy.. Im not trying to learn all the quests on my own.. I did 2 quests where i finished but got tired of looking for the end chests.. that eneded it for me..

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #7 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 9:02am
Print Post  
Ransacked the first quest on 5 level 30s (yeah, I know I'm retarded for having that many toons) and other than that just running through the chains.   R1-R5 depending on the group.

Stuff's progressing at a very respectable rate.
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2017 at 9:02am by Bigjunk »  

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #8 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Dec 11th, 2017 at 6:12pm:
Ya ive been doing pretty good not running it all.. I got sick of running around in that mansion or whatever.. And id like to do the raid but its total shit that i have to spend like 4hrs or something to flag.. Ill try it out in a few months when others have all the shit and can pass uneeded shit to me. And when wiki says how to run them..

Im lazy.. Im not trying to learn all the quests on my own.. I did 2 quests where i finished but got tired of looking for the end chests.. that eneded it for me..

It gets much easier when you know where the doors/ stairwells lead. After that the castle is a romp.

Personally, the only gripes I've got so far are the miserable difficulty of beating the Shades of Hate at level on a melee (wasn't even a simple affair over level) and the "railroading" nature of the middle 2 quests of the last chain.

Only certain chests drop named loot, and in some cases, if you don't finish an optional, no named loot drops at all.

Old Bonegrinder: You have to kill the daughters first so Morgantha flees, the named loot drops ONLY in the optional chest.

Sealed in Amber: Until you get the "Maverus" password, you can't complete the optional with Patrina and Strahd, and the optional chest there is the only one that drops named loot (that I've seen) You can find that password in random locations, or if you can find the Lich and cast Restoration on him to restore his memory, he'll tell you as well (you can kill him afterwards, his real Phylactery is in the corner, it has to be destroyed so he can't regenerate).

If you complete the "Draw Strahd's attention" optional, you get 2 chests, but only the one drops named loot (so basically don't bother).

Castle Ravenloft: Cyrus' Chest (once you get his key), the Face Strahd again optional, and the end chest can drop named loot. I've seen named loot in all 3 places (seems to drop the Cursebane Focus A LOT). All the others are junk loot.

The cards from your fortune telling will tell you where the Strahd optional is: He is the Death card.

All the others, it seems to be "End Chest or Bust" even though there's a lot of loot chests laying around in corners and behind secret doors.

This is my experience with it.

YMMV.

« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2017 at 9:59am by Metal-Beast »  

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #9 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 9:02am:
yeah, I know I'm retarded

Finally admits it...The truth shall set you free.   Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Once you figure out how to traverse the castle, it's fun.

I appreciate the variety of mobs across the saga.  I was expecting an undead monoculture and was pleasantly surprised.  Which is a good thing, because I would have rage quit as a shuricannon if the expansion was mostly skeletons.  Who thought 200ish blunt DR without a way to get blunt damage was a good thing? And no, the purifying quiver does not affect shuriken.

Someone mentioned it in my raid last night, and it's worth repeating here: For a 15 year old game engine, the graphics team did a brilliant job.  Compare older Eberron to Ravenloft, and it's day and night. 

Can't wait to see how people shortman certain R10 quests.  There are no mobs to charm with the 4(!) dragon ending of Invitation to Dinner and 2 iron golems in A Raven at the Door.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #11 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 2:55pm:
Can't wait to see how people shortman certain R10 quests.  There are no mobs to charm with the 4(!) dragon ending of Invitation to Dinner and 2 iron golems in A Raven at the Door.

OMG!  The horror.  What will we do?

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #12 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 3:17pm:

• Charm kill everything up to the end. 
  • Tell your partner running the ranged DPS who's been piking the whole quest, "Your turn".
  • Pike while said partner kite kills bosses.
  • Post 3 hour, 10 death completion screenshot in mobo Achievements section and brag about it.
  • Eat popcorn while LOLing at all the "nerf ranged!11!!11 meleez are garbage!1111!!!11.." crying.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 3:17pm:

Fast forward through achievement videos of shuris kiting end mobs for 30 minutes before dying of boredom.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #14 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 9:52am:
It gets much easier when you know where the doors/ stairwells lead. After that the castle is a romp.

Personally, the only gripes I've got so far are the miserable difficulty of beating the Shades of Hate at level on a melee (wasn't even a simple affair over level) and the "railroading" nature of the middle 2 quests of the last chain.

Only certain chests drop named loot, and in some cases, if you don't finish an optional, no named loot drops at all.

Old Bonegrinder: You have to kill the daughters first so Morgantha flees, the named loot drops ONLY in the optional chest.

Sealed in Amber: Until you get the "Maverus" password, you can't complete the optional with Patrina and Strahd, and the optional chest there is the only one that drops named loot (that I've seen) You can find that password in random locations, or if you can find the Lich and cast Restoration on him to restore his memory, he'll tell you as well (you can kill him afterwards, his real Phylactery is in the corner, it has to be destroyed so he can't regenerate).

If you complete the "Draw Strahd's attention" optional, you get 2 chests, but only the one drops named loot (so basically don't bother).

Castle Ravenloft: Cyrus' Chest (once you get his key), the Face Strahd again optional, and the end chest can drop named loot. I've seen named loot in all 3 places (seems to drop the Cursebane Focus A LOT). All the others are junk loot.

The cards from your fortune telling will tell you where the Strahd optional is: He is the Death card.

All the others, it seems to be "End Chest or Bust" even though there's a lot of loot chests laying around in corners and behind secret doors.

This is my experience with it.

YMMV.

Thx.. ya I havent checked wiki to see if anything is new.. like how to do the quests.. or what named items are in each quest and where...

Once thats out ill go back. But until then.. im chillin

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Can't wait to see how people shortman certain R10 quests.

we found perches last night

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #16 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Dec 11th, 2017 at 12:42pm:
Soloing even R1 on a tune

That's what you are doing wrong right there.

You are soloing with 1 toon when you could be soloing with 6 toons and get moar chances to get the drop you want!

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #17 - Dec 18th, 2017 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 9:52am:

It seems filigrees can drop in any ravenloft chest. So there is value in those side chests, at least until you have 7 rares slotted in every weapon.

Can't wait to see how people shortman certain R10 quests.  There are no mobs to charm with the 4(!) dragon ending of Invitation to Dinner

Instance framing. The dragons are at most a 1 in 3 chance of being the end. (not sure how many exits there are, but I've witnessed 3) I assume such people might go straight to Ezmerelda and then reset if they get that ending.

Now that I think about it, one of the tower exits you have to do a 2 iron golem fight in the brazier room to get to as well, so there might be a lot of instance farming going on for that completion.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #18 - Dec 19th, 2017 at 4:08am
Print Post  
About the 4 dragons. What I have observed twice, if you ddoor and don't move, only two dragons attack you. Once dead, the second pair comes. This was obviously on some easy difficulty, solo as an ES warlock, so just standing there was feasible.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #19 - Dec 19th, 2017 at 10:54am
Print Post  
Supposedly the "Save Yesper from the dungeon" optional drops named loot, in addition to the end chest for that quest.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint