Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) December Deals (Read 6869 times)
Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

December Deals
Dec 14th, 2017 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Is is just me or are december deals really crappy this year?

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

CanadianCurseword
Korthos Resident

Vut der ferk?

Re: December Deals
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Progressively worse every year since the inception of Epic Ottoboxes. It's like a game of inflation, but the inflation is how little can we get away with giving them before a riot breaks out.  Cheesy Grin

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
I don't think I've seen a decent DDO Store Sale week at least since Obama was president, though maybe I'm misremembering things

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
I'm pretty sure SSG just hates money.

Srsly, there have been MULTIPLE threads of people just suggesting things they'd pay for. Not on sale, not on special, just "make this and we will give you all the dollars".

And they get completely ignored.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #4 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I don't think I've seen a decent DDO Store Sale week at least since Obama was president, though maybe I'm misremembering things

overall better times?

noamineo wrote on Dec 14th, 2017 at 6:43pm:

Srsly, there have been MULTIPLE threads of people just suggesting things they'd pay for. Not on sale, not on special, just "make this and we will give you all the dollars".

another hint that they don't have a decent marketing department. i doubt they have such an department at all tbh.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #5 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
I went back and looked a while ago.. And if i remember correctly i think i bought a bunch of fate tomes last year.. and some learning tomes..

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #6 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
But this year i havent bought a thing.. Its a shame.. I was prepared to spend some tp this year... oh well.. maybe next year... Cheesy

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #7 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
Accumulated quite a bit of TP from TR's. It get's difficult to spend them. I never thought I would say that.
To be fair I was saving for Ravenloft but the Dark Side was more powerful.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Scrybe
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 5:12am
Print Post  
No, they seem pretty rubbish this year.

I'm doing a 6-box challenge (getting 5 f2p accounts to 30, and my main account), so actually having a few packs go on sale would be great.  So far only Sands has gone on sale at 50%. 

I could pick it up for them, but they're all at level 19 now, so it would only benefit me in epics.  Ho hum...

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #9 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 6:33am
Print Post  
Quote:

as Onepercenter said once: +1 for bringing P&R into the game thread.  Grin

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:23am
Print Post  
They were shit last year and they are even worse this year. Haven't bought anything at all. Was hoping for a 50% off all adventure packs and at least a sale on the newer packs that they haven't ever had on sale. (Think slavers and more recent have never been on sale)

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Quote:

Close. I'd say 2010 was the last year with decent deals.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #12 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 10:55am
Print Post  
I've got money to spend in my gaming budget.  I'm just spending it on other games right now.

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Dec 14th, 2017 at 7:29pm:
another hint that they don't have a decent marketing department. i doubt they have such an department at all tbh.

The marketing department is probably Cordovan and he's too busy figuring out the exchange rate of how many blowjobs equals a dozen donuts.

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Horrid gage of time. Obummer was president less than a year ago. Store sales have sucked since Monica sucked.

IP Logged

Zehnpai
Waterworks Kobold

(◕‿◕✿)

Reply #15 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 5:59pm
Print Post  

Pretty much this.  Other then putting in shit to try to get us to buy Otto's boxes they have no idea how to market their own game.

Any time you suggest otherwise you get the white knights going, "they haz all the data I'm sure they know how to market themselves and what generates the most revenue."

They assume everyone else that plays DDO works at Burger King like they do and couldn't -possibly- have ever worked in technical marketing and know what the fuck they're talking about.  They think that someone gets a job at a game dev company they're no longer capable of fucking up.

Anyways...

I've made several posts on the motherboards about the things I would gladly spend gobs of money on and usually get a pretty good reaction from the community.

But instead of selling me new skins for my dimension door spell or an eternal 20/rest heal scroll or a feat that grants me perma-airship portal or a perma guild banner people can click on to get airship buffs when they join my group etc...etc...

We get uh...bigby's hand.  Which sounded neat but in typical Turbine fashion instead of doing the smart thing and making it a perma ability unlock for like 1500 tp and thus -everybody- eventually getting it, they make it stacks of 50 or whatever such that nobody ever buys it under any circumstance ever.

They bring this shit on themselves man.  It's so depressing to see.
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2017 at 6:03pm by Zehnpai »  

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #16 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 7:31pm
Print Post  

Money? You think accumulated TP are "money". gosh ....

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
platfarmchink wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 5:48pm:
Horrid gage of time. Obummer was president less than a year ago. Store sales have sucked since Monica sucked.

yeah that's probably more accurate; my bad

m4lacka wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 6:33am:
as Onepercenter said once: +1 for bringing P&R into the game thread.  Grin

You're welcome  Wink but I'm not really saying anything about whether Obama was a good president. Just using it as a barometer for how long it feels since we've had a good sale. Maybe I should've said "no good sales since Obama's 1st term."

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Dec 21st, 2017 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Mines adventure pack is on sale 25% off this week.

Think that is the first time it's ever been on sale.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #19 - Dec 21st, 2017 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Dec 21st, 2017 at 2:29pm:
Mines adventure pack is on sale 25% off this week.

Think that is the first time it's ever been on sale.

And they still managed to somewhat shoot themselves in both feet.

Guildie was complaining earlier that they finally put the adventure pack people are least likely to own and most likely to want to buy on sale (aside from Ravenloft) less than a month after theysell the Ravenloft packs bundled with the VIP codes.  Now a bunch of people are on VIP and can't buy the pack in the store.

LOL, that's some pro level trolling right there and some epic fail level marketing.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #20 - Dec 21st, 2017 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Dec 21st, 2017 at 10:26pm:
bundled with the VIP codes

Past packs were bundled with TP codes instead. It's like they can't even their own History, lol.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Dec 21st, 2017 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
DDOcrackhead wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 7:31pm:
Money? You think accumulated TP are "money". gosh ....

lol. you think spending 80 hours a week on ddo isnt ?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Dec 22nd, 2017 at 9:20am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Dec 21st, 2017 at 10:26pm:
And they still managed to somewhat shoot themselves in both feet.

Guildie was complaining earlier that they finally put the adventure pack people are least likely to own and most likely to want to buy on sale (aside from Ravenloft) less than a month after theysell the Ravenloft packs bundled with the VIP codes.  Now a bunch of people are on VIP and can't buy the pack in the store.

LOL, that's some pro level trolling right there and some epic fail level marketing.

I've said it before and I'll say it again..........I enjoy watching them kick themselves in the balls over and over more than I enjoy playing the game at this point!

Also, I think the mobo post said 25% off but when I went to buy it said 35% off.
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2017 at 9:20am by somenewnoob »  

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #23 - Dec 22nd, 2017 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
just a headsup - tethyamar is actually 35% discounted in game, not 25% as advertised. bought it for my alt account. 471ish TP.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #24 - Dec 22nd, 2017 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
they are rolling biased dice for sales imo.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint