Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Zergalicious - Pure 20 Monk LD VKF Thrower DPS (Read 55078 times)
harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Re: Zergalicious - Pure 20 Monk LD VKF Thrower DPS
Reply #275 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
does this happen when you equip other shuriken?

I've never seen my to hit go over ~130-140 on my thrower, with accuracy gear at 30 (on character sheet).

Where are you seeing this unexplainable to hit value? To be honest however, I don't think I've seen a grazing hit yet in Ravenloft, but I used to get them back in the day on LE shroud.

This must be new'ish (in the last 12-18 months)
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2018 at 4:43pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #276 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 5th, 2018 at 4:41pm:

I've never seen my to hit go over ~130-140 on my thrower, with accuracy gear at 30 (on character sheet).

Where are you seeing this unexplainable to hit value? To be honest however, I don't think I've seen a grazing hit yet in Ravenloft, but I used to get them back in the day on LE shroud.

Yup. Last time I actually played a shuriken build was when endgame was LE shroud too, and I didn't get any unexplanable buff to hit. I also played a fighter those days, and I missed crit confirmation on Harry with over +200. Poeple used to twist piercing clarity for that fight. Of course, now content doesn't have same AC as Harry, but this extra bonus with shuriken is probably new.

Maybe it's some bug related to vistani.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #277 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 5th, 2018 at 4:41pm:

Seeing my to hit on my die. Lowest I see is 150ish. Highest I've seen is like 187.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #278 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 11:43am
Print Post  
I am not getting this weird bonus on my melee monk when i change to shuri.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #279 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 11:50am
Print Post  
you do know that you get attack bonus for standing still right? I think maybe the AC is just low in RL. Haven't logged in for a couple days, I'll try to tease this out next time I do.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #280 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Sounds like y'all know what's up. GLHF. I'm not functionally retarded. I can read my die in bottom right. You actually get an attack penalty for moving, not a bonus for standing still...
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2018 at 12:51pm by Sergod »  

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #281 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
U38: Vistani Weapon Versatility - During our DPS testing we took a look at how this ability impacts builds. We've come to the conclusion that, ultimately, this ability is detrimental to game balance and our ability to make adjustments differently among Melee and Ranged builds. We're planning to make it apply only to Daggers and Throwing Daggers, as it was in our earliest drafts of that ability.

Henshin Mystic - Second, Henshin Mystic currently gets 75 Melee Power in its tree. This is a lot more than other trees get, and it's pretty evenly distributed through its cores. We're of the opinion that this makes both Pure Monks and Monk splashes disproportionately strong (especially given the other benefits of being a Monk), and are planning to alter it from (10/10/10/10/10/25) to (3/3/3/3/3/15). The net effect on Henshin Mystic builds is that their DPS falls in line with most other Two Handed Fighting builds. (We're hoping to do a little further analysis of Two Handed Fighting in general after U38.)

Meh.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #282 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
thank fucking God.

I can finally TR out of this bores me to tears so much I don't want to log in pure 20 monk thrower.

Wish I could say it was fun while it lasted but it was actually extremely boring.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #283 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Hey guys. I r nerf herd

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #284 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Mar 6th, 2018 at 1:26pm:
Hey guys. I r nerf herd

it was the exploiti-est of builds while it lasted. I hope you enjoyed your 15 minutes, and I look forward to your next ranged/thrower build.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #285 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 6th, 2018 at 11:50am:
you do know that you get attack bonus for standing still right? I think maybe the AC is just low in RL. Haven't logged in for a couple days, I'll try to tease this out next time I do.

It's only 4 points last time I checked and yes, it's a penality for moving
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2018 at 1:59pm by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #286 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 6th, 2018 at 1:12pm:
thank fucking God.

I can finally TR out of this bores me to tears so much I don't want to log in pure 20 monk thrower.

Wish I could say it was fun while it lasted but it was actually extremely boring.

now we need to get spite nerfed and fury nerfed. shav shouldnt be able to KO 500k in 6 seconds.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #287 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Ugh, how am I supposed to play again if they are nerfing monks?

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #288 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 6th, 2018 at 1:43pm:
it was the exploiti-est of builds while it lasted. I hope you enjoyed your 15 minutes, and I look forward to your next ranged/thrower build.

ill play meta. well see where that lands. eso for now

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #289 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 6th, 2018 at 2:29pm:
now we need to get spite nerfed and fury nerfed. shav shouldnt be able to KO 500k in 6 seconds.

For the record I don't like that they did these nerfs this way. Also, MP based over RP based pure Monk is not that far ahead as 5Foot et al have shown. They should have just fixed Prowess to be back to 75 MP, and kept versatility since it wasn't providing much bang for the buck. I like the Henshin nerfs, it was WAY too much MP way too easily and forced a build decision which is never good. 

Spite doesn't look to be on the radar, and as you say Fury is still rad but you have to manage your radness, it's not just there all the time. I think it's actually fine.

I just really want some ED buffs so I can try some new builds out. And either thrower expertise feat, or more doubleshot for non-shuriken thrown weapons.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #290 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 6th, 2018 at 3:12pm:
I just really want some ED buffs so I can try some new builds out. And either thrower expertise feat, or more doubleshot for non-shuriken thrown weapons.

would have been dope years ago. they need an ED pass.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #291 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
MP is far ahead of RP because it doesn't exist in a vacuum. You and FFS are trash players who don't actually play this game. You are comparing in a spreadsheet. MP build maintains this dmg constantly vs your vacuum your spread sheet lives in.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #292 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Even the devs understand this hence the nerf. Congrats you're even more fucking retarded than SSG. Truly an accomplishment.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #293 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
My main has been a pure 20 monk largely following your build for about 6 weeks now. I am just missing Spite in my gear. I know exactly how your build plays.

Don't be a little cunt. Your build was literally always 1 tiny nerf (fixing prowess to give 75 MP instead of 100) from being dead nuts even with an RP build.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #294 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 6th, 2018 at 7:16pm:
My main has been a pure 20 monk largely following your build for about 6 weeks now. I am just missing Spite in my gear. I know exactly how your build plays.

Don't be a little cunt. Your build was literally always 1 tiny nerf (fixing prowess to give 75 MP instead of 100) from being dead nuts even with an RP build.

No. rp builds would have to sit there, in one spot for 10 seconds, before they built up enough rp stacks to catch up to mp prowess.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #295 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 6th, 2018 at 7:16pm:
MYour build was literally always 1 tiny nerf (fixing prowess to give 75 MP instead of 100) from being dead nuts even with an RP build.

Negative ghost rider.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #296 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 6th, 2018 at 7:23pm:
No. rp builds would have to sit there, in one spot for 10 seconds, before they built up enough rp stacks to catch up to mp prowess.

+10-14 AP

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #297 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 6th, 2018 at 7:25pm:
+10-14 AP

who cares. one spot. stationary. cant even ips those numbers.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #298 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 6th, 2018 at 7:28pm:
who cares. one spot. stationary. cant even ips those numbers.

So if you lose 25MP from the nerf to Prowess I stipulated, you start DOWN 15MP (Deadly Rain + 10k = ~90RP, vs Prowess at 75MP). AF stacks only make that delta worse.

Henshin was good for 20-35 depending on AP spend, which means MP would have been 5-20MP ahead with only a small nerf to Prowess to it's stated value of 75 MP.

This is close enough, that with those 14 AP spent getting RP in Harper (9RP specifically) that this further reduces down to -4 to 9MP ahead all in with IPS. 

I rest my case.

This is all BEFORE AF stacks, which puts you WELL AHEAD OF THE MP BUILD FOR RED NAMES. Do you even build bro?
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2018 at 8:26pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #299 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 6th, 2018 at 8:25pm:
So if you lose 25MP from the nerf to Prowess I stipulated, you start DOWN 15MP (Deadly Rain + 10k = ~90RP, vs Prowess at 75MP). AF stacks only make that delta worse.

Henshin was good for 20-35 depending on AP spend, which means MP would have been 5-20MP ahead with only a small nerf to Prowess to it's stated value of 75 MP.

This is close enough, that with those 14 AP spent getting RP in Harper (9RP specifically) that this further reduces down to -4 to 9MP ahead all in with IPS. 

I rest my case.

This is all BEFORE AF stacks, which puts you WELL AHEAD OF THE MP BUILD FOR RED NAMES. Do you even build bro?

are you counting deadly rain and longshadow versus just grand prowess buff of 75, alone, without its filigree bonuses? are you counting that itemization cost of having to include 20 wis, 7 i wis, 4 q wis? you missed a lot in your mumble math above

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 
Send TopicPrint