Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) BEST REAPER ENDGAME CASTER (Read 11109 times)
Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Re: BEST REAPER ENDGAME CASTER
Reply #25 - Jan 24th, 2018 at 11:49am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 3:11am:
Sorc rewards intelligent play.

Explains why I'm so mediocre with this class.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Jan 25th, 2018 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jan 24th, 2018 at 11:49am:
Explains why I'm so mediocre with this class.

I don't understand how you say you have no problem with wizard but have with sorc. It's the same thing but you have more sp, dps, wings, play in EA and no trade offs.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jan 25th, 2018 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
And faster cooldowns/casting speed.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #28 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Jan 25th, 2018 at 6:09pm:
I don't understand how you say you have no problem with wizard but have with sorc. It's the same thing but you have more sp, dps, wings, play in EA and no trade offs.

I'm exaggerating for comedic affect, and apparently failing at that.   

IP Logged

Coldest
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
What is EA?

IP Logged

Arganthonius
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
Exalted Angel, the Epic Destiny.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #31 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
It's in the game.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
I was thinking about the difference in the DC and actually wizards can get A LOT more DC than sorcerer or warlock. To start with, on a realistic build that isn't full retart for R10 (that means doesn't skip max), only wizards have room for 2x necro focus feat, completionist, wiz pl and spellpen. The other casters have to skip the necro focus feats. Or they skip spellpen but the monsters that have it, the flameskulls, are specially deadly and you don't want to be missing them.

To start with I'll clear the difference between warlock and sorc in necro DC. Sorcs have 9 lv of spell and warlocks have 6. But warlocks get 1 DC from SE, 1 from a better capstone and possibly 1 from TS. Both are feat starved and can't buy spell focus necro. So the DC is equal or sorcs have 1 more if warlock is taking tier 5 in SE, wich is probably better.

So doing the numbers for an archmage, then let's see for a PM. Will make only for necro, as enchant you have enough even on DPS builds. This is comparing to a sorc

- From archmage tree you get 2 DC more
- Get 1 DC more because you can take 4 INT from harper (dump pale master tree), not avaliable for CHA
- 1 more DC from festive INT, not avaliable for CHA
- 2 more DC from greater spell focus

But you loose 3 DC from EA, and about half a DC from not being in EA (that offers 8 CHA, but on magister you don't have to twist necro focus so EA offers 1 more stat than magister)

Now for pale masters:

- Get 1 DC from archmage tree
- Get 2 more DC from lich INT
- Get 1 more DC from lich
- Get 1 DC from PM tree
- 1 more DC from festive INT, not avaliable for CHA
- 2 more DC from greater spell focus
- 2 more DC from abbot helm popping 24/7
- loose 3.5 DC from being in magister

Let's say 6. That's 30% more effectiveness, coming at the cost of basically doing no DPS, no wings, playing undead and in magister, less SP pool. You get working reflexes, imunnity to horrid wilting, enervation SLA.

Not sure if it's worth. Clearly going archmage is not. but for PM... 6 DC is a hell lot, but then you have a character that doesn't do anything but DC casting, and it's not like people are playing R10 every day. I mean ok, you do damage with spells, but it's totally garbage and costs too much for the spell point pool.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
By the way, anyone tried to use the abbot helm on a non-undead build? Can you keep it stacked twice by making aura proc on enimies, realibly, on mid to high skulls? (please no theory responses, only real game experience can clear this question)

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 8:14pm:
(please no theory responses,

i think it should  Grin

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #35 - Mar 29th, 2018 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Jan 25th, 2018 at 6:09pm:

If i could get sorc dcs close to wiz id probably switch to sorc testing it out on lam atm and its a pretty large gap.

for comparison on wiz i can run 115 illusion/necro, 107 enchant, 106 transmutation and 108? i think evo. without giving up spell pen etc. run close to 6k spell points which is usually plenty.

edit - the enchant dc can reach good numbers but then lower everything else based on some recent lama testing
« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2018 at 11:21pm by Cripey »  

Grands Superhero IRL

EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

what the fuck guys...

Assholes.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 11:26am
Print Post  
As I posted above the DC difference from Archmage jsut doesn't justify. If you are running a pale master, then you have the big problem of being undead.

Also there are some things that make it even worse for wizards. Assuming you do take full necro focus line feats on a sorcerer, wich is totally viable, you end up with same DC on both wizard or archmage, and PMs get 4.5 more (talking about necro, rest I don't care much).

Also no matter what, you'll always be better in Angel than in Magister, even if you are undead: the cost is one twist and spellpen (that you don't need). Wings alone is worth more than one twist, the rest of the destiny is all goodies: heals, self raise, more SP.

And you want to use EK tree on wizard, to get medium armor, arcane barrier and 10 PRR from shield. So cut down the DC from archamge tree (if you are PM), or from harper int (if you are archmage).

At this point the sorc DC will be 1 point better than archamge DC, and Pale Master will be 3 above sorcerer, IF you consider PM is getting 2 points from abbot helm and sorc is getting zero. If it isn't, than PM is only 1 point better than sorcerer.

You add to all that the fact that sorc has less cooldown times and cast faster (even considering quicken), I don't see why one should play a wizard at all.

I mean, there is the PK shit, but I just don't care. I don't think it's worth using that spell, let the melee kill what you didn't do with necro.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #37 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Wasting points in ek, don't need it at all on wiz

You Def need the extra casting speed on sorc since your dcs are so generally lower.

I think after comparing warlock and sorc to my current super wiz you can make any of the 3 work in high reaper  just pick one depending on you playstyle

Grands Superhero IRL

what the fuck guys...

Assholes.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 11:38am
Print Post  
And the itemmization for INT is much more problematic: the only 20 int item avaliable is an orb, wich locks you out of LGS, so you can't have 2 exceptional and 20 int at same time, while being CHA based you can get that... while also having the benefit of slotting amp and affirmation and maybe insight con or more devotion on the same item.

The only item with insightful int +9 is a dps ring, while the boots with +9 cha are a lot sexier, if you are not using a TF armor.

You are pretty much forced into using a Phasecloak, a valuable slot for insightful prr, but that can be worked around depending where you slot your slaver items. That is probably going to trinket so you can put iprr and dodge.

You have to slot festive INT.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on Mar 30th, 2018 at 11:34am:
Wasting points in ek, don't need it at all on wiz

You Def need the extra casting speed on sorc since your dcs are so generally lower.

I think after comparing warlock and sorc to my current super wiz you can make any of the 3 work in high reaper  just pick one depending on you playstyle

Of course cooldown matters, it has nothing to do with your DC. I am comparing sorc to wizard. Warlock is garbage in my experience, because lack some key spells that you can't have all. Sorc has 45 sec wail, 23 sec circle and 6 sec finger. Wizard has exactly that, if you are on magister. But you shouldn't be on magister, so the cooldown will be 54/27/8 if I'm not wrong. That is huge and worth more than a couple DC points.

EK is huge. You are giving up at least 36 PRR and arcane barrier for 1 dc. Not worth it in my book.

Do the actual math and see how much DC are you actually getting for being a wizard. You are getting zero if you are an archamge, and up to 4 necro if you are a PM (1 for other schools), at the cost of all the above stuff. It just isn't worth it IMHO.

I mean come on, you are going to be an undead, that alone makes it not worth it. Not even counting all those things.
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2018 at 11:55am by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #40 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
You get +2 more to all dcs from pm from the extra 4 int from loch + shroud t5

Without gimping your build your running at 122 sustained int while doing r10s

Grands Superhero IRL

what the fuck guys...

Assholes.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Your INT score doesn't matter, what matters is your DC. I Did that math in post #32, with some corrections at #36.

You get same if not 1 less DC if you are an archamge. Period.

You get 3 or 4 more DC if you are lich, assuming sor can't proc deific. Period.

If sorcerer can proc deific thing twice you're looking at 1 or 2 more DC if you are lich. Period.

Undead sucks.

But wathever, anything works, it's just not the most efficient.

I guess you are one of those guys who go for max DC to feel happy about seeing that number, all right, I know plenty of those, most DC casters are obsessed with max DC, without realizing they're being less optimal overall.
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2018 at 6:25pm by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #42 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Mar 30th, 2018 at 1:00pm:
I guess you are one of those guys who go for max DC to feel happy about seeing that number, all right, I know plenty of those, most DC casters are obsessed with max DC, without realizing they're being less optimal overall.

Gimp justification. Love your work.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #43 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Mar 30th, 2018 at 1:00pm:
Your INT score doesn't matter, what matters is your DC. I Did that math in post #32, with some corrections at #36.

You get same if not 1 less DC if you are an archamge. Period.

You get 3 or 4 more DC if you are lich, assuming sor can't proc deific. Period.

If sorcerer can proc deific thing twice you're looking at 1 or 2 more DC if you are lich. Period.

Undead sucks.

But wathever, anything works, it's just not the most efficient.

You cannot achieve the same or near same across the board dcs in archmage as you can PM sorry. Int score affects DC, Hi Welcome!

In one school you may come close.

You can drink pots and not care about dcs if you want, not my problem, may work for you zerging through r1s.

« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2018 at 3:57pm by Cripey »  

Grands Superhero IRL

what the fuck guys...

Assholes.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 10:07am
Print Post  
When I was an arcane I didn't care about any DC other than necro. If you have enough necro to be effective, that means your enchant, conjuration, transmutation and evocation are going to work anyways. It's not like you need 110 enchant. You could make a point about illusion, but it's more for playstyle. I didn't like using illusion because it's single target and has 2 saves, so I think it's not worth using and investing for, considering the cost in attention and player time to cast, a thing many forget, for me I think it's more effective to cast a mass spell and a finger at most, after that focus on healing and not getting killed.

IP Logged

goldgolem
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Apr 12th, 2018 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
the whole point of playing a max necro dc wiz is to play a max necro dc wiz

All the points about it gives up too much other good stuff are right, but I dont care Smiley

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
that's why the thread is called best reaper endgame caster and not max dc wiz

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint