Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) White Plume Mountain Bonus Items (Read 10166 times)
Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

White Plume Mountain Bonus Items
Jul 11th, 2018 at 11:12am
Print Post  
They have to keep the lights on somehow.  This is a new method.

Quote:
In addition to the White Plume Mountain and Other Tales adventure pack, the DDO Store will also feature a collection of Bonus Items for Update 39. The Bonus Items can be found alongside the Adventure Pack in the "Account->Adventure Packs->Low Level" section of the DDO Store. The Bonus Items can be purchased entirely separately regardless of whether you own the Adventure Pack or are a VIP. This is a set of optional complementary items to White Plume Mountain focusing primarily around Sentient weapons and cosmetics related to the classic module. (Note that the Bonus Items collection does not include any of the quests in the Adventure Pack, which is sold separately.)

Included In "White Plume Mountain Bonus Items" bundled collection

The Cerulean Crown of Wave
    Cosmetic Headwear: An exquisite crown made of ornate shells. Bound to Account. Will be delivered to the inventory of every character on your account the first time you log into the game world with them after purchase of the pack.
    Cerulean Crest of Wave
    Cosmetic Armor: This cerulean blue and silver armor bears the crest of Wave, a rare and powerful sentient weapon. Bound to Account. Will be delivered to the inventory of every character on your account the first time you log into the game world with them after purchase of the pack.
    Tiny Giant Crab Certificate
    Cosmetic Pet: An exceptionally tiny and not so giant, Giant Crab. Bound to Character. Will be delivered to the inventory of every character on your account the first time you log into the game world with them after purchase of the pack.
    5 Sentient Essences Worth 1000 XP Each per Server
    Can be fed to a Sentient Item to increase it's power. Bound to Account. All 5 will be delivered to the inventory of the first character you log into on each server after purchase of the pack.
    Falconry Universal Enhancement Tree.
    Falconry, the Universal Enhancement Tree, will be available for all characters on the account after after purchase of the pack.This Universal Enhancement Tree is not specific to any one class; like Harper Agent and Vistani Knife Fighter any character can spend points in this tree once they have unlocked access to it. It represents a character who is trained not only in Falconry, but is adept at using the hunting bird to make coordinated attacks on targets. The tree is mostly martial, but has a touch of Primal magic at the top end. The intense training required to bond with and fight with these birds of prey also hones the character's perception and ability to make pinpoint attacks.

BUG: In the preview build, those who have purchased the White Plume Mountain Bonus Items are recieving 1 unit of 1000 Sentient XP in their inventory every time they log in. This will not function this way when Update 39 releases to the Live Servers.

Quote:
SSG_RedPanda
    It's an all or nothing bundle.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Reyes.
Waterworks Kobold

Re: White Plume Mountain Bonus Items
Reply #1 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Any information on price? It looks like it will be sold for tp but havent read the exact amount anywhere yet

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Reyes. wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 12:54pm:
Any information on price? It looks like it will be sold for tp but havent read the exact amount anywhere yet

No pricing has been mentioned.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
Reyes. wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 12:54pm:

This is SSG so consistency is not a given, but in general 'DDO Store' means points, 'Market' means cash. 

I haven't seen any pricing details.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #4 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 4:28am
Print Post  
At the moment I have no desire to give SSG any sort of money for a bonus pack like this.

Fucking over the War Priest/Soul part of the revamp just so they could make Falconry look good has really killed my good will at the moment.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #5 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 9:43am
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 4:28am:
Fucking over the War Priest/Soul part of the revamp just so they could make Falconry look good has really killed my good will at the moment.

Agreed.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Looks like people won't have to pay for falcon and/or the cosmetics if they don't want to.

Quote:
[QUOTE=SSG_RedPanda;6114483]The Falconry Tree will be available at a future date as an a la carte purchase. There will also be ways to unlock the tree in game on a per character basis.

And yeah it really sucks that they would do such a poor job of a pass at warpriest only to introduce a universal tree that is so much better that it could have just been warpriest and people would have been ecstatic.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
So the pack is just a bunch of cosmetic crap, a little sentient XP, and the falconry tree?

It better not be more than a couple hundred points.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #8 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
They really, really need a tiered subscription.

1) A not-so-VIP, at the same price as current VIP, giving the same benefits.

2) A moderately more expensive "Gold" (or whatever adjective they like) VIP, giving access to some of the game people are actually playing.

3) A stupid, whale-priced, "Platinum" VIP, actually giving access to all the content.

4) A newer, better, and higher-priced tier, for when they inevitably release some shit that isn't included in  any of the above subscriptions.

X) Separate frill subscription: A very stupid, absurdly priced, "Cosmetics Package", giving access to all the cosmetics. In essence, allowing fuckwits to "rent" their clothes.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Reyes.
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #9 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 11:50pm:
This is SSG so consistency is not a given, but in general 'DDO Store' means points, 'Market' means cash. 

I haven't seen any pricing details.

Fuck me, i hope its at most 1295 tp as the usual expensive shit is,  dont want to put so many tp and for sure i wont spend a cent (even if i could)

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #10 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 3:37pm:

1) A not-so-VIP, at the same price as current VIP, giving the same benefits.

2) A moderately more expensive "Gold" (or whatever adjective they like) VIP, giving access to some of the game people are actually playing.

3) A stupid, whale-priced, "Platinum" VIP, actually giving access to all the content.

4) A newer, better, and higher-priced tier, for when they inevitably release some shit that isn't included in  any of the above subscriptions.

X) Separate frill subscription: A very stupid, absurdly priced, "Cosmetics Package", giving access to all the cosmetics. In essence, allowing fuckwits to "rent" their clothes.

They'd actually manage a lot more revenue if they offered a lower tier prior to your first one.

'Content Tier': Basic VIP quests, no exp boost or points per month.

Just enough to dip people's toes in at around $7-10 a month, something to hook them on.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #11 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
They should do a content only VIP for $10 per month on a month to month dropping to $5 per month for a year at a time.

They should do the current VIP at $15 per month on month to month, droopping to $8 per month for a year at a time.  (basically same as it is now).

They should do Gold VIP at $15 per month on every 6 months basis dropping to $12 per month for a year at a time.  Give more characters, more bank slots, give 10% XP bonus (up from 5%).   Give 1000 TP per month. 

They should do Platinum VIP $25 per month on 6 month basis and $17 per month for a year at a time.   Give more characters than last level, more bank slots than last level, keep the 10% quest XP from last tier but add 5% Reaper XP.  Give 1500 TP per month.   Give +5% name loot pull chance.  Add access to expansion content at this level.

Don't offer month to month or 3 month options on the two highest tiers.   People will pay, if they want.   Mostly you are selling convenience.   No actual power.  Just QoL and shortening the grind a bit.   No different than buying ottos boxes or loot re-rolls.   Just monetizing it in the sub vs. on single purchases.
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2018 at 9:38am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jul 14th, 2018 at 9:47am
Print Post  

Stone.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Doodle
Abbot Raider

Shoot first ask questions
later!

Reply #13 - Jul 14th, 2018 at 10:03am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 7:24pm:
They should do a content only VIP for $10 per month on a month to month dropping to $5 per month for a year at a time.

They should do the current VIP at $15 per month on month to month, droopping to $8 per month for a year at a time.  (basically same as it is now).

They should do Gold VIP at $15 per month on every 6 months basis dropping to $12 per month for a year at a time.  Give more characters, more bank slots, give 10% XP bonus (up from 5%).   Give 1000 TP per month. 

They should do Platinum VIP $25 per month on 6 month basis and $17 per month for a year at a time.   Give more characters than last level, more bank slots than last level, keep the 10% quest XP from last tier but add 5% Reaper XP.  Give 1500 TP per month.   Give +5% name loot pull chance.  Add access to expansion content at this level.

Don't offer month to month or 3 month options on the two highest tiers.   People will pay, if they want.   Mostly you are selling convenience.   No actual power.  Just QoL and shortening the grind a bit.   No different than buying ottos boxes or loot re-rolls.   Just monetizing it in the sub vs. on single purchases.

I’m currently a VIP subscriber and I’d like to see a tiered subscription level.  Someone should suggest this on the forums.  Or something along these lines.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #14 - Jul 14th, 2018 at 4:48pm
Print Post  

The problem is the diminishing returns on VIP.

It's best value is for 1st lifers (who are few and far between these days) and hardcore players who are looking to shorten the grind.

At this point, the only thing that interests me about VIP is the +10% XP and Free monthly TP. I have some nominal interest in the Difficulty Unlock for the few Iconics and such still on 1st/2nd life.

The content means nothing: I already own it all.

Character Slots Mean Nothing: I already have 12 have and don't play 8 (and rarely play more than 2).

Bank Slots Mean Nothing: I am already a pack rat, more space to store shit I will never use is pointless.

So really, there needs to be more of a Mix and Match option, rather than piling more fluff on top of things I don't need.

So something like:

VIP Treasures @ $X/month/quarter/year- Weekly gold roll. +10% Quests XP, +5% Reaper XP, +1 Loot Level, +10% Crafting XP, +5% Rare drop (stacks with pots). Shared Bank, plus (X) additional Bank and Crafting Slots

VIP Questing @ $X/month/quarter/year- Weekly gold roll. All Adventure Packs, Expansions, Challenges, Difficulty Unlock, Hall of Heroes

VIP Nations @ $X/month/quarter/year- Weekly gold roll. Unlocks All Races, Iconics, Classes, Prestige Enhancement Trees, Veteran 1 & 2, (X) Additional character slots

VIP Ultimate @ $X/month/quarter/year- Weekly gold roll. All of the above (with an amalgamated cost of combined subscriptions above, less ~20-40% for value).

Just my $0.02  Wink
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2018 at 4:50pm by Metal-Beast »  

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #15 - Jul 14th, 2018 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
To make it further of value:

The second highest tier of VIP could come with a permanent 10% off any and all store purchases. (or 10% more DDO Points on any points purchases.)

The highest tier of VIP could come with permanent 20% off any and all store purchases. Including expansion pack purchases.  (or 20% more DDO Points on any points purchases.)

Remember, in my scenario, the minimum length for the top tiers was 6 months.   (prevents buying 1 month just for the discount prior to a large planned purchase)

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jul 15th, 2018 at 8:38am
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Jul 14th, 2018 at 4:48pm:

At this point, the only thing that interests me about VIP is the +10% XP and Free monthly TP. I have some nominal interest in the Difficulty Unlock for the few Iconics and such still on 1st/2nd life.

That about sums it up.  Except even the 'free' tp isn't free when you're paying for the sub and you can get more for less just buying it straight up.  So the 10% xp and the unlocks.  But you can charge to 30 on normal with a first lifer and the end rewards don't care what diff you ran on, so now it's just the 10% xp.  And unless you play a whole lot of hours per month you can buy xp pots for less using tp also.  So now it's nothing at all.  What a bargain.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #17 - Jul 15th, 2018 at 8:49am
Print Post  
give vips access to a vendor who sells all character bound ingredients for platinum

no other changes
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2018 at 8:49am by eighnuss »  

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #18 - Jul 15th, 2018 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
You all raise good points. Too bad SSG has a case of rockstars, or they might have already come up with some of them on their own.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #19 - Jul 15th, 2018 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jul 15th, 2018 at 8:38am:
But you can charge to 30 on normal with a first lifer and the end rewards don't care what diff you ran on, so now it's just the 10% xp.

The End Rewards care a little, the drops seem way better on my first life toons (it's why they're parked).  Grin

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

totallynotflimsy
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
i guess since fvs is not a real p2p cause favor unlock...yeah...fuck it. sad.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #21 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
totallynotflimsy wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 6:27pm:
i guess since fvs is not a real p2p cause favor unlock...yeah...fuck it. sad.

There's not that many things that are really pay to play in DDO... beyond the expansions, theres... less than 4/5 things comes to my mind the latest being the bird tree we just got...
( I'm only counting classes, races, quests and similar things, I'm not counting pets, tricks, consumables and ponies )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #22 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 23rd, 2018 at 1:33pm:
There's not that many things that are really pay to play in DDO... beyond the expansions, theres... less than 4/5 things comes to my mind the latest being the bird tree we just got...
( I'm only counting classes, races, quests and similar things, I'm not counting pets, tricks, consumables and ponies )

The only things that are really pay to play are things you can't buy for points.   Since points are farmable from favor.   Or, can be traded for using in game items.   It's not so common now, but back in the days of BtCoE loot, points codes for gear was common. 

Even Ravenloft is available for points.   I think you are limited only to MoTU and Shadowfell.   What else is there that can't be bought with points/favor/directly in game?

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #23 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The only things that are really pay to play are things you can't buy for points.   Since points are farmable from favor.

How is it up there? I mean your own ass-cavern, you spelunker.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #24 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
I bought bonus pack. No regrets.