Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic U40 Release Notes (Read 3338 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

U40 Release Notes
Oct 3rd, 2018 at 8:45am
Print Post  
Update 40 Release Notes

Here are the Release Notes for Update 40: Cloaked in Darkness, released on Wednesday, October 3rd.

Of Special Note:

The Night Revels Returns!

Our yearly festival event returns with two new dungeon challenges, a new way to experience the Delera's Graveyard landscape, and a new public hub to access the Night Revels challenges! Additionally, new items are available from the Night Revels vendor, including cloaks, Reaper's Platemail, helmets, a new pet, and more! Return to the scene of a minotaur village in Grave Work, and face a Spectral Dragon in Eternity Unleashed! Enter the Delera's Graveyard as a private party-sized instance, available from levels 1 through 35.

New Raid: Killing Time

A new raid is now available! This raid is level 32 on Normal difficulty, and is now a part of the Dragonblood Prophecy adventure pack. Anyone who owns the Dragonblood Prophecy adventure pack, or who is VIP, can automatically run the raid.

Wood Elves

Wood Elves have ancient roots, with their culture originating near the same time as other Elves. Hardier than other Elves, many were raised in the most dangerous wilds where few others would dare to go. Wood Elves are a new variant that offers an alternate way to play the elven race! Wood Elves do not have their own racial past life, but rather can complete an Elven past life, and have different starting stats, along with several new enhancements. Wood Elves are free to VIPs, and available to purchase in the DDO Store.

Cloaks

Visible cloaks are now available! New random loot cloaks will have a visual, and named cloaks both new and old have visuals as well. There is a new Cosmetic Cloak Inventory Slot, and cloaks can accept a Mirror of Glamering to put the visual onto your character. Additionally, wearing a cloak will display the cloak on your character, and you can choose to toggle it on and off by clicking the cloak visibility button in your inventory UI, or by using the command /showcloak on or off.

News and Notes:

Classes
Monk Unarmed Strike now gives +1 to attack with handwraps instead of .5[W].
Favored Soul hit point and spell point feats now more reliably apply their bonuses.

Enhancements
Frenzied Berzerker's Crazy Strike can no longer be stacked multiple times.
Falconry's Killer Instinct I now properly only grants Wisdom to hit rather than Wisdom to hit and damage.

Epic Destinies
Characters with the Grandmaster of Flowers' Slow Fall ability now fall using their proper monk animations.
Divine Crusader's Crusade! now mentions melee and ranged damage rather than all damage.

Feats
Epic Defensive Fighting's hit points no longer drop on death.

Items
Sentinels of Stormreach has had its end rewards updated. In addition to some changes to the items, these items no longer require Sigils in order to craft, and instead simply appear in their respective drop locations fully upgraded. Existing Sigils can be used to update old Suppressed items.
Fixed a visual issue with the Crabshell Buckler.
The descriptions of Night Black Coffee and Butter Rum Coffee has been adjusted to match their current functionality. These items are no longer usable in Public Spaces only, and instead are only usable in the Night Revels dungeons, the Night Revels Graveyard, Crystal Cove, and Smuggler's Rest.
Glamerdust recipes now use the right icon and description to match their ingredient.
White Plume Mountain Sentient Gems now have their proper icons.
Daily Dice now has three new items in the Jackpot tier!
Level 12 Calomel Handwraps, Level 16 Calomel Handwraps, and Unstable Handwraps now have 1.5[1d6] for their base dice.

Monsters
The poison damage of pseudodragons is now more visible and has a shorter duration.

Quests and Adventure Areas
Certain kinds of traps no longer fail to scale their DCs to level and difficulty-appropriate values.
The Epic Defensive Fighting stance no longer affects the range of quest-specific wands used in Framework, Price of Freedom, and Ascension Chamber of the Black Abbot.
Amber Temple
Once you draw Strahd's attention and survive his challenge, the extra chest has a chance of containing named loot.
Soldier's Card: a second dimension door opens to the crypt after Strahd's vampire spawn are defeated, so you can pick up the symbol when you are done.
The Devil's Details - Hathera the Erenyes no longer stays untargettable in some cases.
Monastery of the Scorpion's puzzle now works as intended, rewarding players for its perfect completion with an untimely demise of its protector.
Night Revels
Haverdashed and Under New Ravagement now both give out Spooky Almonds and Darkest Chocolate at a base amount equal to your score.
The Snitch and the Lich now gives out Sinister Cinnamon and Darkest Chocolate at a base amount equal to two times your score.
Getting Ahead in Lordsmarch Plaza now gives out Shadowy Caramels and Darkest Chocolate at a base amount equal to two times your score.
The Kobolds' Newest Ringleader now gives out Black Apples and Darkest Chocolate at a base amount equal to two times your score.
Hayweird Foundry now gives out Sinister Cinnamon and Darkest Chocolate at a base amount equal to three times your score.
Resurrection Chamber now gives out Shadowy Caramels and Darkest Chocolate at a base amount equal to three times your score.
Gravework gives out Black Apples and Darkest Chocolate at a base amount equal to three times your score.
The point grants when you've collected all five stars in Getting Ahead in Lordsmarch Palace, Hayweird Foundry, and Resurrection Chamber have been raised to match the other Night Revels dungeons.
Oath of Vengeance - Fixed an issue where panning the camera vertically could cause parts of the level to disappear.

Races
Wood Elves are a new racial variant, and have an Enhancement tree similar to Elves, with the exception of the following traits:
+2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence
Cannot take Dragonmark Feats.
Dragonmark Enhancements are replaced with the following enhancements:
Cores: Cores 2 and 4 grant the option of additional Strength and Dexterity.
Each Tier of the Weapon line grants +1 to hit and damage with Longswords, Rapier, Scimitars, Shortbows, and Longbows, as well as +1 to hit and +2 to damage with Falchions.
Tier 1: Adept of Trees: +1/2/3 to Tumble and Hide, +1/2/3 to Saves vs. Poison and Disease.
Tier 2: Wild Step: Passive: +5 to Tumble. When you Tumble, you gain a +10% Action Boost bonus to movement speed, and a 10% Action Boost bonus to Missile Deflection for 10 seconds. This can only occur once every 30 seconds.
Tier 3: Deepwood Origins: Multiselector:
Rugged Upbringing: While Raging, gain +5% Doublestrike with Longswords, Rapiers, Scimitars, and Falchions.
Oath of the Wild: You take an oath to forego metal armor, metal shields, and Rune Arms. As long as you do not have these equipped, you gain +10 Physical Resistance Raing.
Faith of the Forest: You now count Rapiers, Falchions, and Shortbows as Favored Weapons, regardless of your Deity, for the purpose of everything in the Warpriest tree, the War Soul tree, Favored Soul Grace of Battle, and Favored Soul Knowledge of Battle. (Your basic Deity Feats do not add hit+damage with these weapons).
Tier 4: Natural Skill: Multiselector:
Wild Swings: +5% Offhand Strike Chance
Drive Them Back: +10% Chance of Shield Bash with non-metal shields.
Ferocity: +3 to damage while using Two-handed Weapons.
Like a Leaf: +2 to hit and damage while Single Weapon Fighting.
Through the Branches: +3% Doubleshot with Longbows and Shortbows.
Vigor SLA: 10 Spell Points, 20 second cooldown.
Warforged can now use the Night Revels Deathknight cosmetic armor.
Aasimar's Protector form no longer disappears upon death.

Reaper Difficulty
Damage and healing values now have a minimum value of one due to Reaper scaling. If Reaper scaling would reduce a value for damage or healing that is above zero to zero, then the value will now be at least one.

Skills
The skill Intimidate now has a range of 30 meters and a bug with its line of sight check has been fixed.

Spells
Air Savant now correctly applies to the following Sonic spells, and increases their caster level: Shout, Greater Shout, Sonic Blast, and Soundburst.

UI
Players can now sort their characters from the Character Selection screen by using a small drop-down arrow situated above the list of characters. Sorting options are Alphabetical (A-Z), Alphabetical (Z-A), Class (A-Z), Class (Z-A), Level (Maximum to Minimum), Level (Minimum to Maximum), and Last Login.
The Sentient Gem UI icon is now the same size as other icons near it.
The following effects are now tagged to no longer display in the Combat Log: All Warlock aura effects, Tavern Regeneration, Public Area Regeneration, Archer's Focus, Scion of the Ethereal Plane, Hiding in Plain Sight, and Battle Engineer's Charge Tier effects.
Warlock Aura Buffs no longer publicly display their duration to avoid flickering themselves over other buffs.
There is now an option to run the DirectX installer from the Repair section of the Launcher Options UI.
Fixed the icon for the DDO game shortcut on older installations.
Many small typos and tooltip errors have been corrected.
The Creature Companions tab has been moved up to align with other tabs.
The Sentient Items button has been moved down near the Augments button.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Re: U40 Release Notes
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 9:07am
Print Post  
Quote:
Daily Dice now has three new items in the Jackpot tier!

Curious as to what these could be.

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
Like how they just say

Quote:
Sentinels of Stormreach has had its end rewards updated.

And provide no details on what changes have been made. Guess we have to wait and grind the new ones out in-game?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 3rd, 2018 at 12:02pm:
Like how they just say

And provide no details on what changes have been made. Guess we have to wait and grind the new ones out in-game?

All the items drop as the upgraded versions and the sigils no longer drop...

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Oct 3rd, 2018 at 1:31pm:
All the items drop as the upgraded versions and the sigils no longer drop...

Thats all? No tweeks to make the items viable in the current game? Nothing to bring them up to the level of even random trash loot?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 3rd, 2018 at 1:43pm:
Thats all? No tweeks to make the items viable in the current game? Nothing to bring them up to the level of even random trash loot?

Yeah.. I am pretty sure that's it.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Oct 3rd, 2018 at 2:01pm:
Yeah.. I am pretty sure that's it.

What exactly was the point? Its old garbage vendor trash items without improving the stats. Why was this worth some dev's time, and not worth it to actually make the items useful/desirable?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #7 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 3rd, 2018 at 3:20pm:
What exactly was the point? Its old garbage vendor trash items without improving the stats. Why was this worth some dev's time, and not worth it to actually make the items useful/desirable?

Probably comes down to how many hours there are in Lynnabelle's day.

Asheras wrote on Oct 3rd, 2018 at 8:45am:
Enter the Delera's Graveyard as a private party-sized instance

I've got a private party-sized instance in my pants.

... Unfortunately, it's already like a graveyard in there.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

SpookyBoi
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 3rd, 2018 at 3:20pm:

They've changed at least some of the Sentinels items.

I know for certain midnight greeting got changed significantly.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #9 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Oct 3rd, 2018 at 9:07am:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Update_40_named_items#Cosmetic_items

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Oct 3rd, 2018 at 4:26pm:

Oh that's handy, looks like sentinals heroic items at least got a serious bump - am actually going to grind out a few of those for next lives(not that it'll take long Tongue) Cool!

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #11 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Do Wood Elves get Eberron deities or FR deities?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #12 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
same as normal elves

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
When will ebberon/forgotten realms recognize religious freedoms? My dwarf deserves the right to worship the Lord of Blades, damnit!

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #14 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Oct 3rd, 2018 at 4:26pm:

Much appreciated!

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Oct 3rd, 2018 at 9:07am:

They count on the curious like you to fund them.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #16 - Jan 20th, 2019 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Rugged Upbringing: While Raging, gain +5% Doublestrike with Longswords, Rapiers, Scimitars, and Falchions.

Does Rugged Upbringing add to your offhand doublestrike if you have a Longsword, Rapier, or Scimitar in the offhand?

I suspect it doesn't, but the way it is worded implies it does. They could have worded it "While Raging with a Longsword, Rapier, Scimitar, or Falchion equipped, gain +5% Doublestrike.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint