Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) TR Bug Deletes Your Inventory Without Recovery (Read 8566 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

TR Bug Deletes Your Inventory Without Recovery
Jan 5th, 2019 at 11:30am
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/502283-Lost-everything-after-TR-ing-de...

The TR bug is back again, boys! Or maybe it never left? As of now there are currently at least 3 people on Cannith with fully deleted inventories after a TR. Obviously every ticket submitted was closed and replied to with a "can't assist you" message. How lovely. In a game based on TRing, why is this bug still around and why are the GMs still closing those tickets and not helping? What ever happened to the tracking logs SSG put into place to help with this exact thing? How do you sell a game where the entirety of the game relies on the very mechanic that deletes every one of your items?

How do we even go about resolving this issue? Where do you go, who do you contact if the people who respond to and escalate help requests refuse to help? Are we all on our own in this? What would you do if your entire inventory vanished? This bug places a huge fear in me precisely because the resolution to it seems nonexistent. How do you feel knowing that you're basically playing Russian Roulette with your character and the GM or devs won't even help?

The TR bug is the most serious issue that we as a community face. It hasn't happened to me yet, luckily, but that does not mean it cannot or will not. Same goes for any and everyone playing the game. Even people who rarely TR can get hit with the single most game breaking bug in the game today.

If this were to occur to you, what do you do then? How would you go about trying to recover your character?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: TR Bug Deletes Your Inventory Without Recovery
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2019 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Well you can try posting on the forums or pm Lynn or Jerry, but if you are like me, perma banned, you are bascially fucked, and probably fucked even if you can PM them.  Although Lynn posted a while back when this was happening that people eventually got their shit back....

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #2 - Jan 5th, 2019 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
Road trip?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #3 - Jan 5th, 2019 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 5th, 2019 at 11:30am:
How do we even go about resolving this issue? Where do you go, who do you contact if the people who respond to and escalate help requests refuse to help? Are we all on our own in this? What would you do if your entire inventory vanished?

https://youtu.be/pE4EoAPIOgU?t=45

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #4 - Jan 5th, 2019 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
What ever happened to the tracking logs SSG put into place to help with this exact thing?

They were deleted when they tried to refresh the database.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #5 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 6:39am
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/502283-Lost-everything-after-TR-ing-de...

The TR bug is back again, boys! Or maybe it never left? As of now there are currently at least 3 people on Cannith with fully deleted inventories after a TR. Obviously every ticket submitted was closed and replied to with a "can't assist you" message. How lovely. In a game based on TRing, why is this bug still around and why are the GMs still closing those tickets and not helping? What ever happened to the tracking logs SSG put into place to help with this exact thing? How do you sell a game where the entirety of the game relies on the very mechanic that deletes every one of your items?

How do we even go about resolving this issue? Where do you go, who do you contact if the people who respond to and escalate help requests refuse to help? Are we all on our own in this? What would you do if your entire inventory vanished? This bug places a huge fear in me precisely because the resolution to it seems nonexistent. How do you feel knowing that you're basically playing Russian Roulette with your character and the GM or devs won't even help?

The TR bug is the most serious issue that we as a community face. It hasn't happened to me yet, luckily, but that does not mean it cannot or will not. Same goes for any and everyone playing the game. Even people who rarely TR can get hit with the single most game breaking bug in the game today.

If this were to occur to you, what do you do then? How would you go about trying to recover your character?   

At this point this bug is a great thing to finally stop playing this stupid game.

Also fuck ledouche.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 7:05am
Print Post  
Bug never left... I spent 6 months after I was done doing all my Racial TRs pushing for the replacement of 1... yes.. ONE item. I didn't really care about the other stuff that was missing, as I didn't really have any use for most of it.

The one item was a pair of ML14 Mystery Bracers. Why? Because until this fucking week, that godamn Remnant Merchant hasn't had them available in a dogs age. Once I was done steam-rolling my TRs it was part of my permanent build gearing. Every couple of weeks they closed the ticket, while I was offline, with the excuse that they could not reach me online. Mind you I was on close to 6-8 hours a day then as I was still working nights.

I had to keep re-submitting the fucking ticket, over, and OVER and O-V-E-R.. it was maddening. Finally someone contacted me in-game, only to tell me their log records did not go back far enough to see if I actually ever HAD the bracers, so they would not replace them, and would not reimburse me the remnants I spent making them.

Finally repurchased them yesterday (Sat)

Customer Service died for that game a long time ago. I get the feeling the only thing that would get a positive response from them would be a lawsuit.... they are not in a financial position to fight a battle in court...*shrug*

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #7 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
I TR’d 5 times this weekend no problem. Never lost a thing. 34/129 more lives to go.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Darcat
DQ Assaulter

BEEFCAKE!!

Reply #8 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 6:08pm
Print Post  

Why is everyone on discord , gay

rubbins is gay

IP Logged

Darcat
DQ Assaulter

BEEFCAKE!!

Reply #9 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
OK. I'm on Cannith with The Dude and he TRed lost

everything and he petitioned and got everything back iirc.

So ive no fucking clue what yer talking about.

Maybe yer being assholes to the ticket repier...

I've never had the problem but theyre doing well answering

tickets and fixing problems imo

Tongue

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
*sigh* Who let the gimp out of his cage?  Lips Sealed  *facepalm*

Darcat wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 6:08pm:

rubbins is gay

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Darcat wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 6:12pm:
OK. I'm on Cannith with The Dude and he TRed lost

everything and he petitioned and got everything back iirc.

No.

You have partied yourself stupid. What you need to do is get wasted even more now to reverse the effects and sober up.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Darcat
DQ Assaulter

BEEFCAKE!!

Reply #12 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 7:22pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

mog
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 2:08am
Print Post  
well...i m always aroundto read posts and i can offer to those who lost their items a dupe method that works with any item, mat or colectible...you see i m blessing to know almost every stupid working exploit Cool Cool but as i sayd almost not all...so tell me any of you what explo you have to trade this time and if i dont have it we can proced for the exchange  Cool Cool Cool
hog knows and waiting to help
you can easy get back what you lost alone and more
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2019 at 2:09am by mog »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 4:53am
Print Post  
mog wrote on Jan 8th, 2019 at 2:08am:
can offer to those who lost their items a dupe method that works with any item

Why does this game attract such autistic people... FFS, nigga. Read the fucking post.

HOW THE FUCK IS ANYONE GOING TO DUPE THEIR ITEMS WHEN THEY DONT HAVE A BASE ITEM TO EVEN DUPE....

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #15 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 9:56am
Print Post  
Darcat wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 6:08pm:

rubbins is gay

It's the germans and the jews.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

Darcat
DQ Assaulter

BEEFCAKE!!

Reply #16 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 10:01am
Print Post  
(Guild:): [Guild] Wickebine: ssg vacation is over

I love my new guildie. <Darkcats> is expanding.

I think is nice we gave SSG 300k so they could go on vaccation for Christmas... but when are all the tickets being answered. OR were they deleted at this first RESTART since then.

I'm glad rubbins isn't on Cannith. I'd get banned daily  just to tell him to STFU

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #17 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Darcat wrote on Jan 8th, 2019 at 10:01am:
(Guild:): [Guild] Wickebine: ssg vacation is over

I love my new guildie. <Darkcats> is expanding.

I think is nice we gave SSG 300k so they could go on vaccation for Christmas... but when are all the tickets being answered. OR were they deleted at this first RESTART since then.

I'm glad rubbins isn't on Cannith. I'd get banned daily  just to tell him to STFU

Don't be a pussy.  Man up and server xfer so you can tell him.
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2019 at 12:28pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Darcat wrote on Jan 8th, 2019 at 10:01am:

I'm on my way lil nigga. you better keep that same energy when I see you

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #19 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
we have Darcat and Rubbins.... In the same thread

It's Pony Time !  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2019 at 2:25pm by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Petik
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 6:12am
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 7:05am:
... they closed the ticket, while I was offline, with the excuse that they could not reach me online. ...

This !!!
This happened to me 2x (thankfully with lesser issues than complete TR wipe Shocked)
It basically tells you "GO F*CK YOURSELF".
I dont know who invented process that telf "10: IF submitter.isOffline() closeTicketWithoutAnyHelpfullAnswer()" and probably another "20: IF submitter.isOnline() wait 60 sec GOTO 20 ELSE GOTO 10" but if i try this kind of shit in my work i would be unemployed by the end of week Shocked

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #21 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
30: IF both Rubbinns and Darcat are online GOTO Pony Time !

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Bishop
Stormreaver Piker

Nothing lasts forever
but the earth and sky.

Reply #22 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
I always make screenshots and full inventory lists before any Reincarnations, and I've never lost a cache and had to use them. The old watched pot never boils law at work I suppose.

I will say this, many of my younger and less financially secure guildmates in years past would float a ticket claiming they had lost items from their cached fishing for stones and materials. For a couple of years they were very successful until SSG put a stop to it and started rejecting claims and handing out short 1 day bans for it. The crackdown which also coincided with these silly kids beginning brag about it in the channels after multiple successes was pretty much foreordained.  The part they didn't understand was that by doing that they undercut the credibility of the poor sods who actually did have things lost in their caches.

Not good.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #23 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
The bug hasn't reached our vault posts, yet.

Grin

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jan 20th, 2019 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
And the TR bug is still going on.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/502631-TR-cache-lost-about-170-items-d...

What a great game and even better company.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint