Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Lagspikes (Read 3222 times)
Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Re: Lagspikes
Reply #25 - Dec 20th, 2019 at 10:02am
Print Post  
Halfmaniac wrote on Dec 19th, 2019 at 10:20pm:
Toonhopping makes your client perform worse.
I wonder if this affects players in the same instance as someone who had toonhopped to 24 different toons before.

That's interesting. Both me and a guild mate I play with a lot swap characters frequently, and we often had severe lag when we played even just the 2 of us. When I play alone I often hop servers to see which feels least laggy, which exits and restarts the client. So maybe the lag difference I felt was more memory leaked client than actual server conditions.

Maybe if I'm feeling sadistic I'll reinstall and start testing the theory, swapping through a couple dozen cleric / warlock / bard alts spamming auras and swapping gear while kiting Kobold Assault for a few minutes each. Wow, that seems like so much work just *talking* about it, I probably won't bother  Sad

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #26 - Dec 20th, 2019 at 10:24am
Print Post  
One time I was swapping back and forth between two characters as quickly as possible. (Swapping between an elite opener and a new character for completion. Short low level quests, so my buddy was mostly getting the quests done while I was logging in/out)

Performance dropped off very quickly. Eventually I got a error message on the character select screen:

"Login failed: [character name] is already in the world"

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #27 - Dec 20th, 2019 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 20th, 2019 at 10:24am:
One time I was swapping back and forth between two characters as quickly as possible. (Swapping between an elite opener and a new character for completion. Short low level quests, so my buddy was mostly getting the quests done while I was logging in/out)

Performance dropped off very quickly. Eventually I got a error message on the character select screen:

"Login failed: [character name] is already in the world"

For me it's usually running through a list of characters seeing who's got the item(s) I want to use or pass to a friend, since DDO's inventory management is a massive fail. If they had a viable web interface like PoE, or even just an API and key system like GW2, their memory leak fail wouldn't be as big a deal.

How ironic that sum of the two individual failures is so much grater than either fail alone.

Well, if they ever fix it, I hope somebody posts here. I'd much rather read the Vault for my news, at least some exciting flame wars, boobies, and other drama offset the depressing parade of SSG incompetence. It's funny to watch the Fanbois trip over each other on the motherboards, but it gets old fast.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint