Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Alchemist is bad, change my mind (Read 5953 times)
Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Alchemist is bad, change my mind
Jan 28th, 2020 at 9:47am
Print Post  
Up to preview, alchemist:

All of the casting entirely outclassed by sorcerers
All of the ranged utility is better in a typical post-nerf inquis
The buffs are nice to have but really not enough to justify anything

Maybe useable splashing 6~ levels into inquisitive, but that's pretty much it

Dissolve is a poor man's hurl

Mostly useless. Please change my mind.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Re: Alchemist is bad, change my mind
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Sounds like another Arti.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 9:52am:
Sounds like another Arti.

Well Steelstar probably created it so, yeah.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
My plan to maintain completionist is to just run 8 lvls of alch with 6 rogue and 6 ranger.  Should be ok for heroics.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #4 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
raybob wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 4:19pm:
My plan to maintain completionist is to just run 8 lvls of alch with 6 rogue and 6 ranger.  Should be ok for heroics.

My plan is to not play it at all.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Alchemist CC cooldowns are far too long: 90 sec for Mass Flesh to Gold, 60 sec for Flash Freeze.  Bootled Boost spell animations are slow af.  Even with Quicken it's a slow animation.

Apothecary is lame.  It's a retread of average abilities from other trees, or minor bonuses of little significance.  Completely uninteresting other than 20% runspeed, but it's T4.

Vile Chemist TWF 14 sec kill in LD is fine for an actual live build.  Capstone and T5 sucks compared to Vistani.

Vile Chemist is an ok thrower.  Need to test how 8/6/6 shuri T5 DWS compares with the new AF scaling.

IP Logged

Chip
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
The energy needed to play it just to make it "yeah it's sorta okay you know it's kinda new with some decent stuff" means that the plebs and whales will never master it or contribute in any significant way with it, and the perpetually angry assholes who play this game while loathing it (you, dear reader) will still run Sorc lives for racials/epics and whatever FOTM is best for endgame.

To think I was actually hoping for an additional "healer" class in this game.

wtf is wrong with me

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 4:40pm:
Alchemist CC cooldowns are far too long: 90 sec for Mass Flesh to Gold, 60 sec for Flash Freeze.  Bootled Boost spell animations are slow af.  Even with Quicken it's a slow animation.

Apothecary is lame.  It's a retread of average abilities from other trees, or minor bonuses of little significance.  Completely uninteresting other than 20% runspeed, but it's T4.

Vile Chemist TWF 14 sec kill in LD is fine for an actual live build.  Capstone and T5 sucks compared to Vistani.

Vile Chemist is an ok thrower.  Need to test how 8/6/6 shuri T5 DWS compares with the new AF scaling.

Note on the. Vile Chemist thrower - the T5 Chemical Weapon simple weapon thrown attack speed bonus doesn’t work at all. Even before hitting the thrown attacks speed bonus cap.

Looks like Alchemist could be a nice splash on existing throwers, though.

Might also be one or the few classes that could still do Inquisitive since 1) the T5 Vile Chemist stuff is garbage and 2) poison damage plus law damage can add up to make up for some of the loss of other damages and attack speed loss.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 3:07am
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 4:33pm:
Inquisitive

There are just too many insurmountable nerfs, and all at once, coupled with a shift away from the ranged playstyle itself, with the IPS nerf.

Inquisitive could have been nerfed slightly less. It is not even worth dps testing as is, because it is not worth playing it over all the throwers or the Volley Mech core 18 with NHB build. I believe adjusting the reaper debuff for ranged and magic would have been the more elegant solution. If they wanted to balance for heroics or epic elite then Sorc should be illegal.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #9 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 4:43am
Print Post  
@Rubins, you think?

The IPS nerf is a bad approach, sure

Inquis nerf is relevant, alright

But do you really think there's a build that out-does post-nerf inquis at what it does?

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #10 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 7:42am
Print Post  
Caster testing only, since first preview they made heal flasks terrible.
They were ok  on first round, on 2nd they are not usable, noone will wait for that animation in r10s to hit you, also slas suffer hard targeting so you can missfire it into the roof.

Damage spells,multi vial nerf was bad, really bad, ccs are okish since they had like 2 and half minutes duration on r10 for whatever d fk reason.
Damage was okish, amazing for aoe, for single target it was decent at most.
Melle poison spells did not work, ambition dice was worded incorrect, always assumed it was a dot but its just a on hit, cds are all over the place, the actual dots do not work so no proper dps test can be done.

Biggest problem is lack of any kind of proper cc for reapers, any kind of healing like divines do for spot healing.
Class feels unfinished and all the feedback we gave them during first preview was ignored for the 2nd.
I like the free 3 frog dc and free 60 sp from it, feels like a ok class for heroic trs, has potential to be very strong if they fix stuff and improve it in all the places we pointed out to improve it.

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #11 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 7:48am
Print Post  
I tested the numbers with DPS alchemist, I didn't see it anywhere near viable compared to sorcerer or even meteor wizard.

You're phrasing this like alchemist CC is any good, but the way I see it no spell they have on 60-second cooldown would outclass mass hold or wail, even on a 9-second cooldown.

It feels like they're just unviable, both on the first preview and the second. Am I missing something?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
Linker wrote on Jan 30th, 2020 at 4:43am:
post-nerf inquis

Mech tree nerfed.
Reload speed nerfed.
Law dice and their scaling nerfed.
Doubleshot halved.
IPS nerfed.

Inquisitive post-nerf is a giant pile of dogshit. Like the combined creativity of all SSG devs.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Linker wrote on Jan 30th, 2020 at 7:48am:
I tested the numbers with DPS alchemist, I didn't see it anywhere near viable compared to sorcerer or even meteor wizard.

You're phrasing this like alchemist CC is any good, but the way I see it no spell they have on 60-second cooldown would outclass mass hold or wail, even on a 9-second cooldown.

It feels like they're just unviable, both on the first preview and the second. Am I missing something?

If you actually tested, you'd know that Flesh to Gold, Mass Flesh to Gold and Flash Freeze are all 6 sec cooldowns.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #14 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 30th, 2020 at 12:16pm:
Mech tree nerfed.
Reload speed nerfed.
Law dice and their scaling nerfed.
Doubleshot halved.
IPS nerfed.

Inquisitive post-nerf is a giant pile of dogshit. Like the combined creativity of all SSG devs.

Don't forget Ratcatcher nerf which is essentially an additional nerf on Inquisitives from 8 to 26, if not 29.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jan 30th, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Don't forget Ratcatcher nerf which is essentially an additional nerf on Inquisitives from 8 to 26, if not 29.

Oh, you think we covered it all? Because I forgot about the few second delay from starting your NHB timer to being able to actually use it.

But, wait. There's more : If you had a good hide score, Scion Ethereal got nerfed as well.

Did we get them all? 8? nerfs? Seems legit

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jan 30th, 2020 at 1:51pm:

For some reason this is the one that pisses me off the most.  It took me like 7 times through the dog shit quests of Threnal to get this and it was so nice for leveling.

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 30th, 2020 at 4:43pm:
Oh, you think we covered it all? Because I forgot about the few second delay from starting your NHB timer to being able to actually use it.

But, wait. There's more : If you had a good hide score, Scion Ethereal got nerfed as well.

And to think all they had to do was say "double shot applies at 50% to dual shooting" and be done with it.  I'm starting to think they don't really know what they are doing.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #18 - Jan 31st, 2020 at 1:26am
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Jan 30th, 2020 at 5:10pm:
For some reason this is the one that pisses me off the most.  It took me like 7 times through the dog shit quests of Threnal to get this and it was so nice for leveling.

Ratcatcher Crit profile:

*On Live - 14-20/x4
*On Lama - 16-20/x4

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jan 31st, 2020 at 3:42am
Print Post  
few second delay from starting your NHB timer to being able to actually use it.

Just checked live, fusilade does not start its timer until the 3 second wind up is finished. assuming it will do the same for deadly rain timer. hope the lama version is reduced a bit than what we have on live.

I think using into the mists swap now has to be done after your NHB starts ticking, which is a slight nerf since you have to try and get thru one more sentient swap after swapping deadly rain, while nhb ticks down. Might be the same as using into mists swap and burning the 3 seconds of it on the fusilade wind-up. Either way it gets the short-end here.

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #20 - Jan 31st, 2020 at 4:45am
Print Post  
Everyone getting mad over nerfs and i'm here getting mad over the xbow instaopener bug lol

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #21 - Jan 31st, 2020 at 5:23am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 31st, 2020 at 3:42am:
fusilade does not start its timer until the 3 second wind up is finished

but you can also cheese it by non-crossbow weapon swap during activation to get immediate use on LIVE.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #22 - Jan 31st, 2020 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Halfmaniac wrote on Jan 31st, 2020 at 4:45am:
Everyone getting mad over nerfs and i'm here getting mad over the xbow instaopener bug lol

This, biggest nerf in the game since dupe and recycle fix.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #23 - Jan 31st, 2020 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jan 30th, 2020 at 1:01pm:
If you actually tested, you'd know that Flesh to Gold, Mass Flesh to Gold and Flash Freeze are all 6 sec cooldowns.

I tested the DPS, it was bad. I do see the lower cooldowns now, but that doesn't change much for me. If you bypass fortitude DC with any school, necro is a better one to have. Unless im missing some DC advantage or something else they get, sorcs still competely outclass.

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #24 - Jan 31st, 2020 at 4:58pm
Print Post  

I didnt like inquis meta much, but that sounds too rough. ill test it sometime.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint