Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Any faster token farm? (Read 4833 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Any faster token farm?
Reply #25 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 11:48am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jul 14th, 2020 at 3:41am:
It gives twice as many tokens. I've never timed it, but even if you can run 2 LoDs in less time, it's still more work...you know, compared to farming DA while watching Netflix on your 2nd monitor.

Ahhhhhh. "Less work" is definitely what I'm after. Will give that a shot.

Skoodge wrote on Jul 14th, 2020 at 3:51am:
Token farming: spend some time in epics.  You'll end up with more tokes than you'll ever use.

See, I tried that, and that's exactly what I thought... until I did 23 TRs in the span of about 72 hours(not all on the same character, really got some mileage out of that bonus weekend).

5 Foot Step wrote on Jul 14th, 2020 at 3:41am:
Outside of that - no idea.  I did the DA thing for at least six straight months and played almost nothing but epics for a year - I've got enough tokens on my toons to TR about 100 times.

Will have to try this definitely. I had forgot about chest ransack /sigh. But yeah, gonna have to park my main for a while. So close, just needed 15 more RTRs... 300 more tokens /cry

The Grandest of Fellows wrote on Jul 14th, 2020 at 6:51am:
I'm trying to understand how someone who has been posting here since '14 doesn't have fucking 5k duped tokens, greater toke, and everything else stashed away on multiple accounts.

"It's silly to dupe tokens, I'm never going to TR again, and I already have way more than I need." - Me, during Dupapalooza 2, Electric Boogaloo.

Strake wrote on Jul 14th, 2020 at 10:58am:
WAIT. WHAT? They took away /death??????

You mean it was a thing at one point? God damnit, that would have made life so much easier!!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #26 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 11:59am
Print Post  
The Grandest of Fellows wrote on Jul 14th, 2020 at 6:51am:
I'm trying to understand how someone who has been posting here since '14 doesn't have fucking 5k duped tokens, greater toke, and everything else stashed away on multiple accounts.

I know it is hard to wrap your tiny little brain around it without combusting but there are people out here that don't dupe or don't dupe everyhing that is not bolted down.
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2020 at 11:59am by Snu Snu »  

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #27 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
I was thinking Don't Drink the Water was the fastest epic chest but it doesn't drop tokens. At least I've never seen any.

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #28 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Jul 14th, 2020 at 11:59am:
I know it is hard to wrap your tiny little brain around it without combusting but there are people out here that don't dupe or don't dupe everyhing that is not bolted down.

I did dupe(and HOW), but focused on other things. I made sure I had as many cannith challenge matts as I could hold because FUCK those challenges, same with TF matts. But didn't go heavy into other things because I actually enjoyed farming for them.

That was why I didn't bother with tokens. There was no value to making thousands of them, and back when I was only TRing once every 3 months, there was never a time where I thought I'd suddenly need thousands of tokens. Really, who would have seen this coming?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #29 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 14th, 2020 at 11:48am:
You mean it was a thing at one point? God damnit, that would have made life so much easier!!

Yes, it was real, and it was beautiful. The removal of /death may explain why no one commented on the chat screenshots I posted a few days back:

tl;dr: I'd post a comment about using "/death count" to see how many times my character had died, then one or more members of my party would try it, only to realize they had just killed themselves ("/death count" was not a command, but "/death" was!). I typically did this in inconvenient places like the end of Shroud part 4.

Grin

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #30 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Jul 14th, 2020 at 6:44pm:
I typically did this in inconvenient places like the end of Shroud part 4.

I think my one guildie's record was seven in one go at the entrance to HoX.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

[some shit]
Titan Demolisher

Reply #31 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
/death still works. It's how I get back from shitty places to my guild ship before getting teleport scrolls.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #32 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
tl;dr: I'd post a comment about using "/death count" to see how many times my character had died, then one or more members of my party would try it, only to realize they had just killed themselves ("/death count" was not a command, but "/death" was!). I typically did this in inconvenient places like the end of Shroud part 4.

Grin

[some shit] wrote on Jul 14th, 2020 at 7:20pm:
/death still works. It's how I get back from shitty places to my guild ship before getting teleport scrolls.

So this is interesting. I just logged in and tested it. I know it must have been removed at some point(a few years ago when i first experimented with dual-boxing I tried it and got "invalid command"). But it also doesn't work to just kill you anymore; now it teleports you to your spirit binding place and leaves you with 1 HP and 1 MP( death + release).

Not useful for killing alts, but still handy for griefing purposes. Well, not quite, it does have a loading bar so you get a couple seconds to realize the error of your ways.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #33 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 14th, 2020 at 7:40pm:
, it does have a loading bar so you get a couple seconds to realize the error of your ways.

That's always been the case. The best is that people STILL fall for it..

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Reyes.
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #34 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
snip

So you are in Khyber mate? thats  really nice to know.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #35 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Jul 14th, 2020 at 8:16pm:
That's always been the case. The best is that people STILL fall for it..

did it always immediately tele you to the spirit bind location? Or did it at want point actually drop you where you stood?

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #36 - Jul 15th, 2020 at 1:27am
Print Post  
Reyes. wrote on Jul 14th, 2020 at 10:51pm:
So you are in Khyber mate? thats  really nice to know.

Well, sure, like a decade ago...

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #37 - Jul 15th, 2020 at 2:27am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 14th, 2020 at 10:55pm:
did it always immediately tele you to the spirit bind location? Or did it at want point actually drop you where you stood?

if your toon falls into unconscious range then /death will actually kill your toon w/o releasing from quest.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Jul 15th, 2020 at 5:25am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 13th, 2020 at 9:02pm:
Do you know some trick to killing alts that you'd like to share? Uncleansed heroic greensteels take a couple minutes on a lvl 30 character even while naked. 

Theres a bind spot right next to the quest. /death enter quest remove con item = instant death

Also not sure if it still works but there used to be a way for your alts to port to chains of flame.
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2020 at 5:27am by Justanotherlurker »  

IP Logged

SweetKitten
Waterworks Kobold

Meeow

Reply #39 - Jul 15th, 2020 at 9:58am
Print Post  
The wormhole method still functions perfectly (but not everywhere):
http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1392707448/2
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2020 at 10:02am by SweetKitten »  

IP Logged

Synchrono
Waterworks Kobold

I am not a noun, I am
a VERB.

Reply #40 - Jul 16th, 2020 at 9:22am
Print Post  
If you have a few people who like the Cannith challenges 300 ingredients of any type equals a token. Do a few of the Dragon Hoard ones with decent maps and you can farm out the 20 tokens in under 2 hours usually. First 6 star run is worth a bunch of xp too if someone isn't quite to cap as well.

I know for variety back in the day I did these rather than the usual epic quests since they were far less annoying on weaker alts.

DA tends to bore the snot out of me so the challenges can be a decent change if you enjoy that sort of thing.

IP Logged

Nuic
DQ Assaulter

OMEGALUL

Reply #41 - Jul 16th, 2020 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Maybe try running faster?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint