Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Maximum run speed (Read 3841 times)
NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Re: Maximum run speed
Reply #25 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 8:01am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 2nd, 2020 at 11:27pm:
Whatever monk build you're doing, it's not worth giving up a capstone for 2% run speed. Pure monk + sprint boost is plenty fast. You don't even need to be in LD if you have TF Reinvigoration to regen them. (The cooldown reduction in LD is nice though if you want to use them back to back though.)

I'm guessing that the 2 Rogue levels were for Cartwheel Charge and Followthrough and the free Swords to Ploughshares feat. You only need 1 Rogue level for that, but if you're going to have 1 Rogue level, you might as well have 2 because what is that 19th Monk level going to give you? (ironically, what Monk 19 gives you is more run speed)

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #26 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 10:17am
Print Post  
If anyone cares, the shadows tick for ~300 with fireshield and ~130 MRR on Hard.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #27 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 2nd, 2020 at 11:27pm:
Whatever monk build you're doing, it's not worth giving up a capstone for 2% run speed. Pure monk + sprint boost is plenty fast. You don't even need to be in LD if you have TF Reinvigoration to regen them. (The cooldown reduction in LD is nice though if you want to use them back to back though.)

Yeah, agreed. It's a good capstone. If I find the loss painful I'll just TR again. My reasoning is: the character is plenty good enough already and isn't "finished" yet. The losses will hurt but I don't think the microseconds practical difference it'll make to my preferred play will hurt that much. But if they do, I'll TR back to pure Monk.
NOTpopejubal wrote on Sep 3rd, 2020 at 8:01am:
I'm guessing that the 2 Rogue levels were for Cartwheel Charge and Followthrough and the free Swords to Ploughshares feat. You only need 1 Rogue level for that, but if you're going to have 1 Rogue level, you might as well have 2 because what is that 19th Monk level going to give you? (ironically, what Monk 19 gives you is more run speed)

19Mnk gives you runspeed? I thought the final breakpoint was at 18? Hence my reasoning; 'Well, if I'm happy ditching the capstone I don't really need the other Monk level so I may as well get access to the extras 2Rog offers'. If you mean Shadow Walk then, yeah fair point... though when I'm on a pure Monk I don't use it because the visual is too fucking annoying. I used to use it in familar explorer areas but these days I mount a horse (fnar).

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Sep 3rd, 2020 at 12:55pm:
Yeah, agreed. It's a good capstone. If I find the loss painful I'll just TR again. My reasoning is: the character is plenty good enough already and isn't "finished" yet. The losses will hurt but I don't think the microseconds practical difference it'll make to my preferred play will hurt that much. But if they do, I'll TR back to pure Monk.
19Mnk gives you runspeed? I thought the final breakpoint was at 18? Hence my reasoning; 'Well, if I'm happy ditching the capstone I don't really need the other Monk level so I may as well get access to the extras 2Rog offers'. If you mean Shadow Walk then, yeah fair point... though when I'm on a pure Monk I don't use it because the visual is too fucking annoying. I used to use it in familar explorer areas but these days I mount a horse (fnar).

19 Monk gives Shadow Walk which is faster than Haste, but really annoying to use and you can't attack while Shadow Walking.

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Sep 4th, 2020 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
Hmm...i remember reading somewhere that mobs speed up to match the player. Dont really remember where though...might have been the wiki.

Ive noticed that sometimes regular mobs seem to speed up to ridiculous levels and i assumed it was because someone hit sprint boost or something. Like, ghouls in ravenloft, random stuff like that.

But about KT shadows, whats the best method to kite them, if you have no movement speed classes around? Can a ranged build with evasion tank the pit fiend while kiting? What spells does he use?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #30 - Sep 7th, 2020 at 1:33am
Print Post  
Mostly Meteor Swarm, so you can't evade the bludgeon damage. Also watch out for Hold Monster.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #31 - Sep 21st, 2020 at 10:09am
Print Post  
If anyone is feeling generous with info, I can't work out how to replicate using the PDK sprint without the charge count decreasing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint