Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Thief Acrobat Build (Read 2353 times)
ChainsawDissection
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Thief Acrobat Build
Sep 7th, 2020 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
So i decided to come back(officially pulled the trigger yesterday) after 5 year hiatus and my TR character was a Horc Thief Acrobat build.....I wanted to get another rogue past life I guess since its been 5 years.  Is this still a viable build?  I was told melee kinda sucks these days.  I'm sure i can get to 20 no problem though

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Re: Thief Acrobat Build
Reply #1 - Sep 7th, 2020 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
The reason of your post being? To estimate a build we don't have any details on?
Melees are fine. Quarterstaff is like Bow; more flavor than anything.
And yes you get to 20 with any kind of build. How fast and how dependent is the question.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

ChainsawDissection
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2020 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Sep 7th, 2020 at 4:21pm:
The reason of your post being? To estimate a build we don't have any details on?
Melees are fine. Quarterstaff is like Bow; more flavor than anything.
And yes you get to 20 with any kind of build. How fast and how dependent is the question.

I guess looking for a viable Horc Stick build...that is the question does anyone have a current one that holds up

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Sep 7th, 2020 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
I ran a dex-based human build a few months ago and had a lot of fun with it. THF, ITHF, GTHF, IC:Bludgeon and then whatever floats your boat - I think I took power attack and cleave, but you get a few cleave-like effects in the enhancement tree anyways. Cleave reportedly messes with the THF animations and timing, and the meta is to take precision at endgame.

The thief-acrobat tree has dex-based DCs for stuff like sweeping strikes, so a strength build is not going to be able to knock mobs down with impunity.

I took a Str-based human rogue to level 14 on the hardcore server since I didn't have tomes there to get 17 strength for ITHF. I struggled a lot with reflex saves on traps, and I think I relied more on trip to make up for the lack of sweeping strike DCs. I wouldn't roll another str-based acrobat, as too many parts of it sucked for reasons other than the lack of gear and past lives.

My main is at 14 right now on a 7/7/6 ftr/monk/rog, to get a fighter past life. The henshin healing at level 12 with Shadows cannot Exist Without Light is just silly.

It's not an alchemist or sorc, and you'll go squish more easily than a paladin, but I love everything about quarterstaffs. I repair after every few quests, and have only broken a BtA staff when I abuse it to fight oozes or rusties (I'll often use a lower level staff for that type of thing, not my main ones).

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #4 - Sep 7th, 2020 at 11:40pm
Print Post  
TA hasn't really changed. If you are insistent on doing that, just use what you were using before.

THF got a big buff, but staff is the lowest form of THF. You'd get more mileage out of Barb, Pally, or even Ftr due to updates to those classes and not having to use a stick.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #5 - Sep 8th, 2020 at 12:55am
Print Post  
ChainsawDissection wrote on Sep 7th, 2020 at 3:03pm:
So i decided to come back(officially pulled the trigger yesterday) after 5 year hiatus and my TR character was a Horc Thief Acrobat build.....I wanted to get another rogue past life I guess since its been 5 years.  Is this still a viable build?  I was told melee kinda sucks these days.  I'm sure i can get to 20 no problem though

Delete character, cancel account.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint