Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Another “uber vet” walks... (Read 7836 times)
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Another “uber vet” walks...
Apr 4th, 2021 at 3:55am
Print Post  
...and yet it’ll mean nothing to the fully gaped out assholes running this game into the ground...

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/523312-A-Thousand-Cuts

IP Logged

Smrti
VoD Slasher

I Am Fooling No One

Re: Another “uber vet” walks...
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 4:48am
Print Post  
I'll miss Gisty.

Munkenmo wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 9:41pm:
All hail Smrti.

Felgor wrote on Sep 11th, 2012 at 11:18pm:
Fuck Australia.

rev Jim wrote on Sep 12th, 2012 at 8:40am:
I wish I was a rich black woman sometimes........

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #2 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 6:23am
Print Post  
No sympathy for idiots trying to "win" hardcore and getting mad when lagwiped.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #3 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 7:02am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 6:23am:

I totally feel you and I'm with you but the man was simply using the fact that he was leading the hardcore leader board as an indication for his passion for DDO. I don't know the guy as we play on different servers but he must have spent a certain amount of money and time since he is (if he didn't lie) a uber completionist.

When your most passionate and devoted players can no longer put up with your bullshits it means you, as a company, have failed BIG fucking time.

Since last time you gave me advice for r10 runs, I'm finally getting to running them almost comfortably and it pains me when I'm in a good group and half the party wipes because of that 1/2 seconds lag spike because a mob "attacked" you with an invisible aoe. Don't know they guy and I won't "miss" him but I'm a bit sorry for him.

And of course there are idiots such as Seph1roth5 who read the name of the thread and

Quote:
It's not a bad enhancement. Just wish the cooldown wasn't 90 sec. I was a tempest on a recent life and was pretty unimpressed with 2wf in general. Really felt like I was dragging my static team of 4 down lol. I think I had really good single target dps (even with dance of death) but aoe seemed much more important.
Either didn't read a single post or is trying (and failing) to troll by being a moron. Told you people that the mobo is the special need class for retard players, genuine players with even the slightest hint of what they're doing read The Vault

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #4 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 8:31am
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 7:02am:
I totally feel you and I'm with you but the man was simply using the fact that he was leading the hardcore leader board as an indication for his passion for DDO. I don't know the guy as we play on different servers but he must have spent a certain amount of money and time since he is (if he didn't lie) a uber completionist.

When your most passionate and devoted players can no longer put up with your bullshits it means you, as a company, have failed BIG fucking time.

Since last time you gave me advice for r10 runs, I'm finally getting to running them almost comfortably and it pains me when I'm in a good group and half the party wipes because of that 1/2 seconds lag spike because a mob "attacked" you with an invisible aoe. Don't know they guy and I won't "miss" him but I'm a bit sorry for him.

And of course there are idiots such as Seph1roth5 who read the name of the thread and

Either didn't read a single post or is trying (and failing) to troll by being a moron. Told you people that the mobo is the special need class for retard players, genuine players with even the slightest hint of what they're doing read The Vault

I despise Hardcore and the people who support it with money.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #5 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 8:31am:

I hear that.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 1:43pm
Print Post  

This.

Alex DeLarge wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 8:31am:

And this.

And I'm glad people are walking over hardcore lag wipes. Maybe SSG will wake up and realize how dumb permadeath is and come up with a better gimic. The bar isn't that high, a swift kick to the nuts is more fun than permadeath.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

the_biggest_dog
Waterworks Kobold

fuck

Reply #7 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
mad isn't the right word; disappointed. dying in hardcore was a wake up call that i need to stop supporting a terrible company, no matter how good the content of the game is.

Rubbinns wrote on Oct 31st, 2020 at 7:26pm:
pretty dope shit. congratz. i take it back.

al ca mist

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #8 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 1:43pm:
And I'm glad people are walking over hardcore lag wipes. Maybe SSG will wake up and realize how dumb permadeath is and come up with a better gimic. The bar isn't that high, a swift kick to the nuts is more fun than permadeath.

I'd disagree that "permadeath" was a dumb idea even though I personally have no intention of ever playing Hardcore due to it being "permadeath".

There is a significant number of players who lobbied for "Permadeath" and entire guilds full of them playing "Permadeath" on the Main Servers of their own volition!

What I don't get however is that anyone knowing how much lag there is in DDO would not be able to accept that  if said lag happens on the Hardcore server they're character is gonna be done on said server.

Heck you accept this when going into Hardcore - It's just a reality of the Game!

No matter how much the Devs reduce the possibility of Lag that possibility will always exist and in Hardcore it will KILL Characters!

But those characters aren't deleted, You get them back on the Regular Servers right? {At least that's what DDOWiki says}. You're not losing YEARS of work!

I've seen many "friends" quit the game too - Most of them significantly better at this game than me - yes I know that's not difficult Smiley

Most of those never came back - Lag is a significant contributor to that but I'd say that the constant power creep AND the Elitism of many players have been bigger contributors.

What I most hate seeing is a good newbie drawn into levelling too fast and given gear too quick only to then quit the game never to return because they felt done.

Or they've found a great group and that group falls apart whereupon they lose interest in trying to find another such group.

There's tonnes of reasons for people leaving this game {and probably any game}.
The Devs know this so they don't care about your specific reason.
As shown on the DDOForums where they close goodbye threads!

The introduction of Reaper almost made me quit permanently - I returned though as I wasn't done with the game and probably never will be.
I realise that someone who's already basically completed the game {earned Completionist} probably has an easier time feeling done with the game and a harder time convincing themselves they're not done with the game Smiley

Honestly though - Why should the Devs try to keep those players who've already "completed" the game over the players who are just starting out?
Isn't that the wrong way round?

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #9 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
I thought you didn’t use so many !.

IP Logged

Spandex
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 7:24pm
Print Post  

It's not just hard core, look at the bugs,lag, lack of customer service, cost of everything in the store, cost of expansions. The list goes on, I'm sure you are well aware. SSG you dumb fucks, no wonder when given the opportunity people exploit the fuck out of this game...because you fuck wits exploit us on a daily basis...the customers are becoming more and more bitter.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 6:31pm:
There is a significant number of players who lobbied for "Permadeath" and entire guilds full of them playing "Permadeath" on the Main Servers of their own volition!

If by "significant" you mean "less than 1 tenth of 1% of the population" sure, but this is not the definition of "significant" most smart people use. The permadeathers are a VERY tiny yet VERY vocal minority of the over-all DDO ecology, and every single one of them is a fucking moron. This game is too grindy and too laggy for that shit.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Spandex wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 7:24pm:

It's not just hard core, look at the bugs,lag, lack of customer service, cost of everything in the store, cost of expansions. The list goes on, I'm sure you are well aware. SSG you dumb fucks, no wonder when given the opportunity people exploit the fuck out of this game...because you fuck wits exploit us on a daily basis...the customers are becoming more and more bitter.

Well to be fair,  people exploit because it's human nature.  There are always going to be people looking for the bugs that they can use to advance.

IP Logged

Smrti
VoD Slasher

I Am Fooling No One

Reply #13 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
Y'all keep missing the part where he was hard frozen, with Regen on for 2+ minutes and died at level 19 on HC.

I'd fucking ragequit too for at least a week.

Munkenmo wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 9:41pm:
All hail Smrti.

Felgor wrote on Sep 11th, 2012 at 11:18pm:
Fuck Australia.

rev Jim wrote on Sep 12th, 2012 at 8:40am:
I wish I was a rich black woman sometimes........

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #14 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
That sucks. RIP.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Smrti wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 8:53pm:
Y'all keep missing the part where he was hard frozen, with Regen on for 2+ minutes and died at level 19 on HC.

I wouldn't say I've been "missing" it, Smrti.

But yeah. Its super dumb that the game allows that to happen and even dumber that they opened a new HCL with that sort of problem. The only thing dumber is people willingly subjecting themselves to HCL with these sorts of problems on the deck.

IP Logged

Latetotheparty
Dragon Raider

Reply #16 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Alt f4 could have saved him. 2 min is a long time.

IP Logged

Spartak
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Apr 5th, 2021 at 4:30am
Print Post  
Seems like he was desperate to let all the plebs know that he runs R10 raids, dying like a total idiot in hardcore seemed like a good opportunity to get his ego stroked  Wink

IP Logged

grave
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Apr 5th, 2021 at 6:07am
Print Post  

I never had sympathy for you but it's cause you r true dick sucker ashole...

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #19 - Apr 5th, 2021 at 7:09am
Print Post  
grave wrote on Apr 5th, 2021 at 6:07am:
I never had sympathy for you but it's cause you r true dick sucker ashole...

Oh look! One of the hardcore - loving eejits decided to chime in. Triggered much?  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #20 - Apr 5th, 2021 at 7:09am
Print Post  
Gisty is an amazing player.  Top shelf.   And one of those rare “elite skills but not elitist attitude” players. Good guy and guildie. Gonna miss him.  Tough loss for the community.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #21 - Apr 5th, 2021 at 7:20am
Print Post  
Smrti wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 8:53pm:

Y'all seem to be under the impression that we're playing a top of the line triple A game where the devs give a fuck and fix game-breaking issues ASAP any time someone cries wolf on the forums.

Y'all need to get a grip on reality. SSG retardevs never gave a fuck about customer satisfaction. They only care about selling the next best thing.

Either accept DDO for what it is or quit. There's no in-between.

IP Logged

Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Reply #22 - Apr 5th, 2021 at 8:32am
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 3:55am:
...and yet it’ll mean nothing to the fully gaped out assholes running this game into the ground...

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/523312-A-Thousand-Cuts

I have no sympathy for him and his guild - and the reason he has given to leave is...yeah he can fuck off.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #23 - Apr 5th, 2021 at 9:00am
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 6:31pm:
<incoherent nonsense>

Please kill yourself.

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #24 - Apr 5th, 2021 at 9:27am
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 6:42pm:
I thought you didn’t use so many !.

I count five exclamation marks total in that quite large post and not once do I use more than one at a time DESPITE the common on this site claim that I use !!! o !!!!! etc.!

I don't feel I've placed any exclamation marks where they shouldn't be.
They're used to emphasize certain statements which I feel need emphasis.

I could bold those statements of course but you'd attack me for that too Smiley

But the moment I check someone's "spelling" BOOM - I'm being Toxic!

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint