Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Okay nerds time to come back (Read 6291 times)
newalchemist
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Okay nerds time to come back
Nov 4th, 2021 at 6:56am
Print Post  
Here's U51, lots of new variables, general consensus seems to be people are OP now. But I'm a pretty casual/dumb player. You guys need to get back into it and do every single calculation to figure out what is most powerful.

plEase. thanksx

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Re: Okay nerds time to come back
Reply #1 - Nov 4th, 2021 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Why not have a try yourself and then keep the results quiet? I'm going to wait for some hotfixes/patches that'll inevitably level a few things then do it.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Nov 4th, 2021 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
I had a bit of time to play around with it last night. Was able to get my sorc fixed up in the new system. Its underwhelming. EDs just feel like "Enhancement Trees 2: Electric Boogaloo". Old system actually had some majesty to it. They do seem to have reduced a few ability cooldowns, though; so am going to enjoy that before they nerf it.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #3 - Nov 5th, 2021 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Tested out Hunt's End + Shadowdancer +3 crit multi shot.

It doesn't work.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Nov 5th, 2021 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
While I'm still extremely mad about the level gating, I will grudgingly admit that I like the new destinies a bit better(even if from a flavor perspective they are 'meh'). The breath weapon attack in Draconic Incarnation now has a cooldown that's fast enough to actually put into your spell rotation. Also having a negative version of it kind of makes my palemaster happy. Still not effective, but happy.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #5 - Nov 6th, 2021 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Any support at all for negative energy in EDs has been a long time coming.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Nov 6th, 2021 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Yeah. I'm interested now in specing my PM back into full negative energy nuker. I tried setting him up as a full blown EK and it wasn't great. It doesn't help that he's still geared for crap though.

IP Logged

apparently bored
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #7 - Nov 8th, 2021 at 5:37am
Print Post  
My favorite kind of alch is neg. It worked very well prior but with Draco being changed at least I don't feel as dirty playing with that being my main focus. Flavor obv but r4 and below not much of a difference.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Nov 8th, 2021 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Well I don't know what its doing to do in high-skull reapers but I had a hell of a lot of fun playing my pale-ek melee spellcaster last night. My only real problem is constructs and undead.

IP Logged

Scrotie McBoogerballs
Waterworks Kobold

Butters!!!

Reply #9 - Nov 8th, 2021 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 8th, 2021 at 11:44am:
My only real problem is constructs and undead.

Did you try Undeath to Death?

That works pretty well (depending on your DC) versus Undead.

It was a warm summer morning when Scrotie McBoogerballs awoke to find his wart covered penis sitting in stale fetid diarrhea that had pooled up in his underwear overnight.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Nov 8th, 2021 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Scrotie McBoogerballs wrote on Nov 8th, 2021 at 1:15pm:
Did you try Undeath to Death?

That works pretty well (depending on your DC) versus Undead.

I have it prepared and can probably hit the DCs ok. Really the main thing is I can only comfortably hit about 5 hit about 6 keys. I'm primarily using Necrotic Ray, Eldritch Strike, Nectrotic Blast, Arcane Siphon, and the giant breath weapon attack. But I've got a big fuckin' sword and that solves a lot of problems.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Nov 8th, 2021 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 8th, 2021 at 1:26pm:
I have it prepared and can probably hit the DCs ok. Really the main thing is I can only comfortably hit about 5 hit about 6 keys. I'm primarily using Necrotic Ray, Eldritch Strike, Nectrotic Blast, Arcane Siphon, and the giant breath weapon attack. But I've got a big fuckin' sword and that solves a lot of problems.

Look we all miss UB. But he is gone.
Why don't you post the whole shooting match for us to check out.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #12 - Nov 8th, 2021 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Nov 8th, 2021 at 7:03pm:
Look we all miss UB. But he is gone.
Why don't you post the whole shooting match for us to check out.

There's nothing special about it. Its a 20 wizard with all the 2handed fighting feats and Harpers Int-to-hit/damage. Definitely not R10 material(all anyone seems to care about anymore  Roll Eyes ) I only built it because DC caster was boring and I really wanted a true melee spellcaster.

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #13 - Nov 9th, 2021 at 4:52am
Print Post  
For nukers, fire is still king as predicted. There are some surprises in the new full nuker gearset, but I'm waiting for the legendary sands items - they've been previewed in Lam for 51, but aren't in the game yet. Any idea why?

IP Logged

Scrotie McBoogerballs
Waterworks Kobold

Butters!!!

Reply #14 - Nov 9th, 2021 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Linker wrote on Nov 9th, 2021 at 4:52am:
For nukers, fire is still king as predicted. There are some surprises in the new full nuker gearset, but I'm waiting for the legendary sands items - they've been previewed in Lam for 51, but aren't in the game yet. Any idea why?

I'm guessing it's at least partially due to the fact none of the Epic sands quests are open?

It was a warm summer morning when Scrotie McBoogerballs awoke to find his wart covered penis sitting in stale fetid diarrhea that had pooled up in his underwear overnight.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Nov 9th, 2021 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
they've been previewed in Lam for 51, but aren't in the game yet. Any idea why?

Scrotie McBoogerballs wrote on Nov 9th, 2021 at 11:26am:
I'm guessing it's at least partially due to the fact none of the Epic sands quests are open?

I suspect this is the case.

For nukers, fire is still king as predicted. There are some surprises in the new full nuker gearset

Which gearset are you referring to? I was looking at re-gearing my main(fire nuker) but my apathy won't allow me to run feywild.

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #16 - Nov 9th, 2021 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 9th, 2021 at 12:54pm:
Which gearset are you referring to? I was looking at re-gearing my main(fire nuker) but my apathy won't allow me to run feywild.

Feywild is a must. I played the full Tetris, came up with the new gearset for a tanky warlock / nuky sorc.

Mine is BFG, so it uses Esoteric Initiate, which leads up to 4 piece Winter Eminence. Elder's is the only practical source of +15% crit, I grabbed it with Gem of Many Facets.

Artifact MMR Augment Set puts you close to the cap, so giving up a shield is ok - and you'll need to.

The main twist is Staff of the Summer Solstice. Yes, it's two handed - but it's incredible. Spellpower, Crit chance, Crit damage. Sacred bonus to DC's gives you the flexibility you need. That's all on top of the 10% spellpower you get from trees. You keep ash as a clickie - but once you plug the staff in, everything just makes sense.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #17 - Nov 9th, 2021 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Linker wrote on Nov 9th, 2021 at 5:04pm:
Feywild is a must. I played the full Tetris, came up with the new gearset for a tanky warlock / nuky sorc.

Motherfucker.

Mine is BFG, so it uses Esoteric Initiate, which leads up to 4 piece Winter Eminence. Elder's is the only practical source of +15% crit, I grabbed it with Gem of Many Facets.

Wait, what? 4 piece winter is just +10% Legendary bonus to maximum hitpoints/PRR/healing amp. Are you sure you don't mean Autumn which actually has some stuff related to spellpower?

The main twist is Staff of the Summer Solstice.

Well I'm glad its a nice staff but its doubtful I'll ever get to run the raid. I'm presently focused on gear I can get on my own. I haven't even seen pug raids for the feywild raid up Sad

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #18 - Nov 11th, 2021 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 9th, 2021 at 5:49pm:
Wait, what? 4 piece winter is just +10% Legendary bonus to maximum hitpoints/PRR/healing amp. Are you sure you don't mean Autumn which actually has some stuff related to spellpower?

I didn't miss-speak. Autumn is trash. 3 sharn items will completely outclass 6 autumn items, both in their base and their bonus. 3 sharn items and 2 red fens items will outclass the 7 piece bonus.

Now let's talk winter. On the warlock, 4 piece is big for selfhealing and some tankyness in non raid r10s.

On the sorc you want the 2 piece at least, so you can slot augments for artifact MRR. 30 difference is huge - without it you get 1 hit by reapers.

4 piece on the sorc isn't a must, but 30% heal amp + 10% HP beats 1 more DC in new r10 meta for me.

If you don't run the staff you need the Feywild sacred DC gloves changes the build quite a bit. Staffof Irian gives extra DC but not as much crit; The Eclipse Itself is a viable alternative. Otherwise, Wild Flame & Ash.
« Last Edit: Nov 11th, 2021 at 4:13pm by Linker »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Nov 11th, 2021 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
Linker wrote on Nov 11th, 2021 at 4:00pm:
I didn't miss-speak. Autumn is trash. 3 sharn items will completely outclass 6 autumn items, both in their base and their bonus. 3 sharn items and 2 red fens items will outclass the 7 piece bonus.

Now let's talk winter. On the warlock, 4 piece is big for selfhealing and some tankyness in non raid r10s.

On the sorc you want the 2 piece at least, so you can slot augments for artifact MRR. 30 difference is huge - without it you get 1 hit by reapers.

4 piece on the sorc isn't a must, but 30% heal amp + 10% HP beats 1 more DC in new r10 meta for me.

If you don't run the staff you need the Feywild sacred DC gloves changes the build quite a bit. Staffof Irian gives extra DC but not as much crit; The Eclipse Itself is a viable alternative. Otherwise, Wild Flame & Ash.

Thanks for clearing that up - Winter will probably be a lot easier to complete. I believe I already have enough to start playing with it.

I don't bother with reaper myself(maybe R1 every now and then). Personally I'm using Flamecleansed Fury instead of Esoteric Initiate - heavy armor leaves me tanky enough. That and I have a pile of cakes bound to a hot key - fuck trying at this game.

Linker wrote on Nov 11th, 2021 at 4:00pm:

I can always dream of the magical christmasland where people actually run pug raids on my server.

In the meantime, I have to make due with shit I can pull out of quests.

(there's also the minor detail that you really shouldn't run around naked until you get raid gear)

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #20 - Nov 12th, 2021 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 11th, 2021 at 4:31pm:
Personally I'm using Flamecleansed Fury instead of Esoteric Initiate [...]
I can always dream of [...] pug raids on my server.

Sharn set of choice differs on whether you're flesh or metal - metal can grab esoteric as heavy armor, and there isn't a flamecleansed docent.

If you care, you can solo raids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1j7wNvqfK8.

Otherwise, Wild flame, Ash, and more feywild gear.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #21 - Nov 12th, 2021 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
Linker wrote on Nov 12th, 2021 at 2:55pm:
Sharn set of choice differs on whether you're flesh or metal - metal can grab esoteric as heavy armor, and there isn't a flamecleansed docent.

I am flesh until the next round of reincarnations is introduced, though I have a metal sorc I'll be trying to gear up at some point(he's a piece of shit, 1 life no tomes but meh).

So I did do some experimenting last night, ran out and farmed a few more bits of feywild and pulled esoteric set off the mule(kind of annoying since literally just the other day I went out and farmed a second flameclensed fury set that is now spare, but whatever).

I'm liking the results so far. Still playing major league tetris trying to slot both base con and cha but I'll figure it out(or die trying).

If you care, you can solo raids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1j7wNvqfK8.

I'm aware its physically possible to solo some of them(others require having multiple people in to preform specific actions; for example good luck soloing Von5). I wouldn't really call it "Plan A" though.

Otherwise, Wild flame, Ash, and more feywild gear.

Which one is "Ash" pre-tell? I am already using wildflame. I actually need to re-think my gear-choices - wild flame and the legendary kinetic sphere were great when every other spell you cast is meteor swarm. Its not so good now and its time to re-think my decisions in life.

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #22 - Nov 14th, 2021 at 8:22am
Print Post  
Noam - let's do this a different way.

I remember when 5FS and dog were around we played tetris back and fourth without influence; We then shared and individually dick measured adding whatever we missed, made flavor choices and each went his merry way.

I have 3 nuker sets. Make yours and post it here.

Ash is Legendary Greensteel.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #23 - Nov 14th, 2021 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Linker wrote on Nov 14th, 2021 at 8:22am:
I have 3 nuker sets. Make yours and post it here.

Its important to note I am not recommending this to anyone, this is just whatever crap I could throw together without raiding -

Leg Esoteric Initiate set
-Goggles Topaz of Fear Immunity
-Armor Golem's Heart
-Bracer - no aug

Ring1 - Legendary Shattered Onyx +6 insightful Cha - Sapphire of Resistance +10
Ring2 - Legendary Celestial Sapphire Ring Con +13 (this is just a placeholder for now, only place I could slot Profane Well Rounded)
Boots - Legendary Deepsnow Boots - Topaz of Feather Falling
Gloves - The Prince's Gauntlets - Globe of True Imperial Blood ? Diamond of Festive Cha / Diamon of Festive Con (this was an interesting choice for a minor artifact. I am not defending it, it just made more sense in my gear-tetris to slot this)
Belt - Legendary Direbear Belt - no aug yet
Cloak - Legendary Cloak of Winter - no aug
Trinket - Legendary Battleworn Medal (I'm genuinely ashamed of this one but its all I had with +3 Quality Cha. Gonna go see if I have a Slave Lords item to replace it)
Neck - Legendary Necklace of Bottled Sunlight - no aug
Helm - Legendary Helm of the Red Dragon (Yes I know I said no raid gear but I got this from an anniversary event)

Main Hand - Legendary Wildflame - Ruby of Magnetism 139
-Filigree
--Dragonsoul ASF, Acid Absorb, Electrical Absorb(all common, far from ideal, but all that was available on the AH/astral shit exchange)
--Coalesced Magic Universal Spell Power & MRR (both common, left over from what was there before dragon)
--Purity, Healing Amp(rare), Con(common), Positive Spellpower(common), Wisdom(rare)(don't know why I slotted wis).
---This set is actually a must-have for me(though not necessarily in this specific config), there are few things I hate more in DDO than being level-drained. I used to play exclusively wf just to avoid it.

I'm about to spend some time fucking with my filigree now that I have 10 slots to play with. I have a metric shitload of fils from Sharn.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #24 - Nov 14th, 2021 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
EDIT: offhand - Legendary Kinetic Sphere

There's definitely probably some overlap here.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint