Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Dagger Thrower Imbue U57 (Read 19665 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Dagger Thrower Imbue U57
Nov 27th, 2022 at 11:23am
Print Post  
I believe dagger throwers are the best builds to take advantage of imbues. Their high doubleshot gives them an effective attack rate that beats xbows.

The xbow builds will also eventually run out of NHB charges while dagger throwers have no charges. Since it is alchemist based it can spam doubleshot boost in conjunction with their burst abilities, all quest/raid long. Giving it another advantage that is unique to alchemist throwers.

This build gets 35~ dice on an effective base attack rate of 3.6~. That can boost to 4.76. 5.76 if you wanted to flex 

The build : 15alch/3rgr/2rog drow.

Feats :

AP :

Gear :

Googles: Legendary Lenses of the Dark Depths (Ins Dodge, UMD, Blindness Immunity) Profane Experiment 1
Helm: Watcher helm (Ins DS, Accuracy, Q Deadly, Seeker) Perfect Silence 1
Neck: Legendary Pendant of the Sky (Insight Negative/Devotion, Deception) Curse 1
Trinket: Legendary Gem of Many Facets (Insightful PRR ) Silver Concord set Concord 1
Cloak: Cloak of the Hunter (Relentless Fury, Exc Healing Amp, Q Deception, Q Seeker 3) Perfect Silence 2
Belt: Dinosaur Bone Belt (Int 15, Deadly, Armor Piercing) Curse 2
Gloves: Legendary Birchlore Curse 3
Boots: Legendary Spectre Boots (Doubleshot, Ghostly) Profane Experiment 2
Bracers: Legendary Sunken Chains (Insight Seeker, Q Int +3) Perfect Silence 3
Ring: Legendary Signet Ring of the Sky (Negative 149, Positive 149) Curse 4
Ring: Legendary Ring of the Silver Concord Concord 2
Armor: Legendary Researcher's Leathers (Healing Amp, Fort, PRR, False Life) Profane Experiment 3
Weapon: Attuned Bone Throwing Dagger (Icescale, Meltfang, +2 Exc Int, Ash) Curse 5
Offhand: Simple Dino Attuned Weapon/Dino Orb if optimal party covers your debuffs
Quiver: Epic Quiver of Alacrity (Insight Deception)

Insightful Sheltering Set up :

Googles: Legendary Lenses of the Dark Depths (Ins Dodge, UMD, Blindness Immunity) Profane Experiment 1
Neck: Legendary Pendant of the Sky (Insight Negative/Devotion, Deception) Curse 1
Trinket: Legendary Gem of Many Facets (Positive Lore/Armor Pierce/Insightful Accuracy ) Silver Concord set Concord 1
Cloak: Cloak of the Hunter (Relentless Fury, Exc Healing Amp, Q Deception, Q Seeker 3)
Belt: Direbear Belt (Insightful Sheltering) Perfect Silence 2
Gloves: Dinosaur Bone Gloves (Int 15, Deadly, MRR, Fossilized Amber) Curse 2
Ring: Legendary Signet Ring of the Sky (Negative 149, Positive 149) Curse 3
Armor: Legendary Researcher's Leathers (Healing Amp, Fort, PRR, False Life) Profane Experiment 3
Weapon: Attuned Bone Throwing Dagger (Icescale, Meltfang, +2 Exc Int, Ash) Curse 4
Offhand: Simple Dino Attuned Weapon/Dino Orb if optimal party covers your debuffs Curse 5

For you lottery winners out there.

Starless Night + Concord dual Gem of Many Facets :

Trinket: Legendary Gem of Many Facets (Healing Lore, Armor Peircing , Insightful Accuracy ) Silver Concord set Concord 1-Starless 1
Cloak: Cloak of the Hunter (Relentless Fury, Exc Healing Amp, Q Deception, Q Seeker 3) Perfect Silence 2
Belt: Lindal's Mighty Belt (Insightful Sheltering +19) Curse 2
Gloves:  Legendary Bramble-Casters (Poison +151) Starless 2
Ring: Dinosaur Bone (Int 15, Deadly, MRR, Fossilized Amber) Curse 3
Weapon: Attuned Bone Throwing Dagger (Icescale, Meltfang, +2 Exc Int, Ash) Curse 4
Offhand: Simple Dino Attuned Weapon/Dino Orb Curse 5

Filigree :

artifact ; spines raid 10rp/Eye Beholder-Grave +2 int-8usp/Long shadow +1 int/Crackshot 5rp

weapon

spines raid 10rp
spines 5rp
spines atk-dmg
set : 2 dmg/10rp
total : 35 rp/3dmg

long int
long 5rp
set : 5rp/2 dice
total : 15rp/1 int/2 dice

reverberation 10 universal sp
reverberation 3prr/2mrr
set : 2 dice
total : 1ousp/3prr/2mrr/2 dice

Eye Beholder-Grave +2 int/8usp
set : 10usp
total;  4 int/26 usp

Crackshot 5rp
Crackshot atk-dmg
Set : 15 rp
total : 25rp/1 atk-dmg

imbue breakdown :

5 alch 15 levels
1 vile chemist ap
2 drow ap
4 aa ap
3 asi ap
3 gear set
1 augment
1 element feat
2 chaos feat
3 scion feat
3 draconic
2 greater elemental
4 filigree

34 dice
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2022 at 11:59am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Re: Dagger Thrower Imbue U57
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2022 at 5:08am
Print Post  
Cool that daggers landed as the best delivery platform. I would have thought shuri would pull ahead just because of shuriken expertise and advanced ninja training. I was thinking the other day I should check if ANT works while uncentered due to a rune arm. I remember some old monk/ranger/arty split back when you could use AA imbues on shuri.

IP Logged

kozmo
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2022 at 6:46am
Print Post  
10k stars is highly dependent on monk lvls while multitude of missiles is independent of that, plus you can get t5 vistani doubleshoot.
so, more monk lvls, less imbue.

I was playing around with 12 Monk/6 ranger/2 rogue.
t5 from ninja
base imbue is
4 AA
3 Ass
2 henshin
2 racial (drow)
and it scales from ranged, not spellpower.
OP is 14 base dice, shuriken is 11 plus no way to  strip immunity.
You do get some sneak attack and sniper shot ...

If someone finds a good shuri split for imbues, I would love to give it a try though.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Nov 29th, 2022 at 8:41am
Print Post  
gibbon wrote on Nov 29th, 2022 at 5:08am:
Cool that daggers landed as the best delivery platform. I would have thought shuri would pull ahead just because of shuriken expertise and advanced ninja training. I was thinking the other day I should check if ANT works while uncentered due to a rune arm. I remember some old monk/ranger/arty split back when you could use AA imbues on shuri.

Daggers win the imbue war from having a burst option in MoM. Dagger is a higher base damage weapon and int based plays better with spell dice for filigrees.

You could use a shuri 3 level monk as an engine but it will be hard to fit in everything dagger gets in one tree. Because vkf is loaded with damage, doubleshot, and a +1/1 crit profile. And giving up 10k automatically defaults the build behind dagger thrower.

That rune arm chucker build definitely sounds like harhar. He tinkered with a lot of splits on shuris.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Nov 29th, 2022 at 11:27am
Print Post  
How are people finding threat on these builds? I see a lot of whining on the forums but I havent raided since U57.

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Nov 29th, 2022 at 11:39am
Print Post  
From what I can see, if you are going for decent imbue damage then as well as getting lots of dice, having it scale off spellpower and having it not resisted seem to be the two main factors.

Yes, you can get ranged power fairly high, but it fluctuates. Yes you can strip immunity on an alchemist but with the cooldown and immunity strip being single target, that means on anything poison immune you're just less effective.

Wizard therefore seems like the best base for imbues, no stripping but with four elements I've not found a problem yet. If you were looking at a thrower then you can get MoM and thrown weapon expertise on any class. For shuri just going for high rate of fire and high imbue damage per shuri, but without the burst you could go 15Wiz/3Monk/2Rogue drow. 12 dice.
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2022 at 11:40am by Binkey »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #6 - Nov 29th, 2022 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
I'm out of the loop here, but...
How can any imbue beat ninja poison stacking 100% vulnerability to itself? And unlike alch poison, almost nothing is immune to ninja poison.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Nov 29th, 2022 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Nov 29th, 2022 at 3:17pm:
I'm out of the loop here, but...
How can any imbue beat ninja poison stacking 100% vulnerability to itself? And unlike alch poison, almost nothing is immune to ninja poison.

It doesn't beat assassin imbue.

Ninja spy :
15d x 3.5 =52.5. 52.5 x 6(500 rp) = 315. 315 x2 100% poison vuln =  630.

Assassin :
15 x 4.5 = 67.5. x11(500rp x2)= 742.5.

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Nov 29th, 2022 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Ah - you seem to have knowledge that is not on the wiki!

Do you know which other imbues scale with 2x MP/RP and which do not?

Also am I right in thinking that a lot of RP comes at or near cap? So for doing racial and epic lives scaling off spellpower will be far better?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Nov 29th, 2022 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Binkey wrote on Nov 29th, 2022 at 4:40pm:
Do you know which other imbues scale with 2x MP/RP and which do not?

It will usually display it on the ability in the tree. Some may not, and that would call for manual testing.

Binkey wrote on Nov 29th, 2022 at 4:40pm:
Also am I right in thinking that a lot of RP comes at or near cap? So for doing racial and epic lives scaling off spellpower will be far better?

RP fluctuates too much to beat a spell power of like 8-900. And during leveling spellpower is king

IP Logged

crsm3423
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Nov 30th, 2022 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 29th, 2022 at 6:30pm:
It will usually display it on the ability in the tree. Some may not, and that would call for manual testing.

RP fluctuates too much to beat a spell power of like 8-900. And during leveling spellpower is king

Certainly spellpower for leveling, but at cap, I'm not sure spellpower is better.  Ranged power juices your main damage (which can crit), your sneak attack damage, and your base shiradi proc damage, and your shiradi imbue additional damage (1d77 per 7 die is more base damage per die then a single imbue die, and it scales 200% ranged power, and it's in addition to your imbue damage).

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Nov 30th, 2022 at 11:15am
Print Post  
So rp is not as stable as having 800 spell power all quest long. It's never going to dip below that number. RP will be 250-300 standing, then af stacking takes time, boosts are not 100% uptime either. It's so very clearly in favor of spellpower. Infinite uptime beats the piss out of rp burst uptime

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Nov 30th, 2022 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
There are a lot of options with that setup

Another option is to go 16 alch 4 ranger.

You lose trap ability 3 imbue dice, 2 sneak dice and nimble fingers, but gain back 2 imbue dice from 4 ranger, and gain 2 feats which can give you shot on the run and you gain +2 damage from ranger spell.

Maybe another option is to go deeper in vistani, but AP is so tight.
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2022 at 6:56pm by SpaceGoat »  

IP Logged

PaxsMickey
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Dec 1st, 2022 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
I hear that arcane warrior is a trap, but with enhanced elemental dice only adding +1 Die, would it be worth taking arcane warrior instead for the stacking +2 USP to boost the poison power?

1/35 = 2.9% increase in imbue DPS, but with the poison imbue scaling with SP, I would think that +2 USP would win out in extended fights.

I feel like there’s something I’m missing.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #14 - Dec 1st, 2022 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
gibbon wrote on Nov 29th, 2022 at 5:08am:

that was my build on old forums with arty split, /3 monk in heavy armor allows you retain all extra missile from ANT (ie you don't need to be centered for ANT, at least historically you did not have to be. Worth a test to be sure)

Rub and I talked about that a bit in the context of this build. hard to argue that Rub's isnt the highest possible DPS, and because of the deep alch you get so much good extra stuff like heals, and doubleshot boost as a spell.

but yeah theoretically you could have a very good shuri version of this too, without or without more than 3 monk levels.
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2022 at 3:11pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #15 - Dec 1st, 2022 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
to be clear, given MoM, Vistani, SWTE, and high doubleshot boost options you dont really get much more RoF on Shuri than dagger, and as Rub mentioned you get a lot more base damage and damage increases from vistani with dagger so it's just Too Much Good Stuff

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #16 - Dec 1st, 2022 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 30th, 2022 at 11:15am:
So rp is not as stable as having 800 spell power all quest long. It's never going to dip below that number. RP will be 250-300 standing, then af stacking takes time, boosts are not 100% uptime either. It's so very clearly in favor of spellpower. Infinite uptime beats the piss out of rp burst uptime

I have lots of questions and you have teased out so much of it already I'm just going to ask them all.

What is the full tropic thunder highest standing and burst for rp and spellpower? I have no idea what a hot rod looks like these days. Through the mists for rp? 5 piece would cut into imbue dice I think? Would you try to work in improved archer's focus?

Can you snapshot imbues? How often does it check? Does Wellspring affect spellpower imbues?

Has anybody actually checked everything? Like the U57 release notes say Inquisitive is 1d6 but in game says 1d10.

Could d10 be enough to make rp catch up? You would realistically be down an imbue die from taking +1 instead of +2 at T5. 5.5 instead of 4.5 in the formula, with the missing die hurting less the more you add, but like 18-22% more base damage to go with the 200% scaling.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Dec 1st, 2022 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
gibbon wrote on Dec 1st, 2022 at 9:19pm:
What is the full tropic thunder highest standing and burst for rp and spellpower

For rp, I had my 14/6 burst to 600+. Standing in reaper mid 360+. 600 needs rp boost + deadly rain swap, rp store potion, inexorable advance 30 rp, 10k + wisdom swap for 70+ rp, and a high rp filigree set up.

Spellpower on the dagger thrower is 800+ standing in reaper with comm pot + vendor pot. Reaction + wellspring bring it to 1k+.

gibbon wrote on Dec 1st, 2022 at 9:19pm:
Can you snapshot imbues
no.

Inquisitive imbue only works on crossbows.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Dec 2nd, 2022 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Updated the filigree set up due to an error I made on the planner. Insightful Int augment was only set as a +2, and the new filigree set up adjusts for that by removing the voltaic Intelligence filigrees for more spines and a 2nd grave raid filigree. This actually increased the spellpower and ranged power of the set up.

Updated the imbue dice to reflect the vile chemist core for an additional +1 imbue. Putting the build at 36 imbue dice.

IDK if I now even want the electrocution set. It's only really sick on an electric spell scaled imbue build. But for this build it is not giving a lot in return aside the massive 20 mrr.

Edit: Edit: Replaced Electrocution filigree set for crackshot RP. Now at 34 dice but much higher rp and sp. Even more if you can land the dual gem.

Found a way to fit in Starless night set if you are lucky enough to roll a dual gem.
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2022 at 2:38pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #19 - Dec 2nd, 2022 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 27th, 2022 at 11:23am:
I believe dagger throwers are the best builds to take advantage of imbues. Their high doubleshot gives them an effective attack rate that beats xbows.

The xbow builds will also eventually run out of NHB charges while dagger throwers have no charges. Since it is alchemist based it can spam doubleshot boost in conjunction with their burst abilities, all quest/raid long. Giving it another advantage that is unique to alchemist throwers.

This build gets 35~ dice on an effective base attack rate of 3.6~. That can boost to 4.90. 5.90 if you wanted to flex 

The build : 15alch/3rgr/2rog drow.

Feats : https://i.imgur.com/Heo4UYh.png

AP : https://i.imgur.com/inKZo97.png

Gear :

Trinket: Legendary Gem of Many Facets (Insightful PRR ) Silver Concord set Concord 1
Belt: Dinosaur Bone Belt (Int 15, Deadly, Armor Piercing) Curse 2
Gloves: Legendary Birchlore Curse 3
Ring: Legendary Signet Ring of the Sky (Negative 149, Positive 149) Curse 4
Weapon: Attuned Bone Throwing Dagger (Icescale, Meltfang, +2 Exc Int, Ash) Curse 5
Offhand: Simple Dino Attuned Weapon/Dino Orb if optimal party covers your debuffs

For you lottery winners out there.

Starless Night + Concord dual Gem of Many Facets :

Trinket: Legendary Gem of Many Facets (Insightful PRR ) Silver Concord set Concord 1-Starless 1
Belt: Dinosaur Bone (Int 15, Deadly, Armor Piercing) Curse 2
Gloves:  Legendary Bramble-Casters Starless 2
Ring: Legendary Signet Ring of the Sky (Negative 149, Positive 149) Curse 3
Offhand: Simple Dino Attuned Weapon/Dino Orb Curse 5

Filigree :

artifact ; spines raid 10rp/Eye Beholder-Grave +2 int-8usp/Long shadow +1 int/Crackshot 5rp

weapon

spines raid 10rp
spines 5rp
spines atk-dmg
set : 2 dmg/10rp
total : 35 rp/3dmg

long int
long 5rp
set : 5rp/2 dice
total : 15rp/1 int/2 dice

reverberation 10 universal sp
reverberation 4 usp
set : 2 dice
total : 14usp/9 sonic power/2 dice

Eye Beholder-Grave +2 int/8usp
set : 10usp
total;  4 int/26 usp

Crackshot 5rp
Crackshot atk-dmg
Set : 15 rp
total : 25rp/1 atk-dmg

imbue breakdown :

5 alch 15 levels
1 vile chemist ap
2 drow ap
4 aa ap
3 asi ap
3 gear set
1 augment
1 element feat
2 chaos feat
3 scion feat
3 draconic
2 greater elemental
4 filigree

34 dice

Now THIS looks like fun.
Thanks fam.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Dec 2nd, 2022 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
PaxsMickey wrote on Dec 1st, 2022 at 12:32pm:
I hear that arcane warrior is a trap, but with enhanced elemental dice only adding +1 Die, would it be worth taking arcane warrior instead for the stacking +2 USP to boost the poison power?

1/35 = 2.9% increase in imbue DPS, but with the poison imbue scaling with SP, I would think that +2 USP would win out in extended fights.

I feel like there’s something I’m missing.

At max stacks, you're looking at 40/800 = 1/20, but it takes a bit to get to max stacks. Could be something to consider.

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #21 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 9:23am
Print Post  
Returned after a year hiatus.

Build is massive fun at cap. However since Im still familiarizing with the new EDs system, how does the EDs setup look like?

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Halfmaniac wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 9:23am:
EDs setup

You can do 2 generalized set ups. If your party covers the tier 4 SD 9 prr/mrr debuff, then go for the tier 4 draconic one minute wellspring.

If you are solo or not sure who has what then the tier 4 SD set up is better.

IP Logged

Doogy
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
How does the DPS compare to a 20 ranger dagger thrower?
You gain the use of RDA and favoured enemy damage, sniper shot 25 stacks AF, but does 35 imbue dice make up for this, with the extra 5d77 shiradi procs.
Also ranger gets Heavy Draw, and makes use of the Thorn boots, for a flat 10 damage, just wondering
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2022 at 6:17pm by Doogy »  

IP Logged

Shunned
DQ Assaulter

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #24 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
does the lgs/shadowdancer prr/mrr debuff stack with the shattered device filligree debuff?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint