Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Dagger Thrower Imbue U57 (Read 19677 times)
Ferd
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Dagger Thrower Imbue U57
Reply #25 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Doogy wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 12:27pm:
How does the DPS compare to a 20 ranger dagger thrower?
You gain the use of RDA and favoured enemy damage, sniper shot 25 stacks AF, but does 35 imbue dice make up for this, with the extra 5d77 shiradi procs

Rubbinns wrote on Nov 30th, 2022 at 11:15am:
So rp is not as stable as having 800 spell power all quest long. It's never going to dip below that number. RP will be 250-300 standing, then af stacking takes time, boosts are not 100% uptime either. It's so very clearly in favor of spellpower. Infinite uptime beats the piss out of rp burst uptime

Ranger has better burst, Alchy better sustain + i'd argue more versatility.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Dec 4th, 2022 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
Doogy wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 12:27pm:
How does the DPS compare to a 20 ranger dagger thrower?

IDK, hard to compare without a testing dummy set to time instead of hit points. We need dummies set to 2 minutes, 5 minutes, and 10 minutes. SSG, please...

Typical differences are :

Base damage on ranger is much higher, rp much higher, sneak attack higher, and doubleshot is statically higher. Sniper shot is the tits when paired with Hunt's.

VKF thrower gets a better burst rotation with Whirling and Vendetta up twice every 2 minute cycle. 30+ imbue dice. The ability to generate 5 daggers more often even when ranger has killer up. And less reliance on marking targets and building af stacks.

burst rotation :

1st second - mom + vendetta
15th second out of vendetta
20th second whirling blades
35th second blades is over
25 seconds of nothing
60th second vendetta #2
75th second end of vendetta
80th second whirling #2
40 seconds of nothing
120th second repeat burst rotation

tl;dr ; mom + vendetta -> whirling -> vendetta -> whirling -> repeat.

You do not have to pay attention to timers and do not have to stagger anything as a result since they will never overlap this way. Just spam that sequence on cooldown.

Shunned wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 5:23pm:
does the lgs/shadowdancer prr/mrr debuff stack with the shattered device filligree debuff?

Ooze ( lgs-dino), Shattered Device, and Darkness ( SD ) all stack.
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2022 at 9:12pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Dec 5th, 2022 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
The AP setup is super tight, but there's got to be a way to fit in Deepwood sniper tier 1. 1 ap for 1 sneak die, and if you can free a 2nd ap, you can upgrade the assassin tree to get another sneak dice.

Any ideas?

IP Logged

Doogy
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Dec 6th, 2022 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 9:08pm:
IDK, hard to compare without a testing dummy set to time instead of hit points. We need dummies set to 2 minutes, 5 minutes, and 10 minutes. SSG, please...

Thanks for the indepth reply.
What does 30+ imbue dice actually look like in actual numbers+what does 12d77 over 7d77 look like on Shiradi procs, as i only see the 7d77 ones on current build, thanks

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Dec 6th, 2022 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Dec 5th, 2022 at 4:28pm:
The AP setup is super tight, but there's got to be a way to fit in Deepwood sniper tier 1. 1 ap for 1 sneak die, and if you can free a 2nd ap, you can upgrade the assassin tree to get another sneak dice.

Any ideas?

Can't shave a point anywhere without dropping something vital. 21 VC gives Int to DShot. A point in AA takes out 2 imbue dice. Points from VKF take Vendetta. Point from harper takes KTA.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Dec 6th, 2022 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
Doogy wrote on Dec 6th, 2022 at 3:06pm:
Thanks for the indepth reply.
What does 30+ imbue dice actually look like in actual numbers+what does 12d77 over 7d77 look like on Shiradi procs, as i only see the 7d77 ones on current build, thanks

a lot. discussing it this openly may get it nerfed

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Dec 7th, 2022 at 9:37am
Print Post  
As a slight change of subject then, what do these builds do for AoE? I find it painful playing anything that is single target and my understanding is that ranged builds in general no longer use IPS much due to the damage nerf.

Also does IPS reduce the imbue damage by 20% or just the physical damage?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Dec 7th, 2022 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
Binkey wrote on Dec 7th, 2022 at 9:37am:
As a slight change of subject then, what do these builds do for AoE? I find it painful playing anything that is single target and my understanding is that ranged builds in general no longer use IPS much due to the damage nerf.

Also does IPS reduce the imbue damage by 20% or just the physical damage?

For aoe they have nothing.

I haven't tested IPS since they killed inquisitive with massive nerfs. But just losing 75 rp and -20% on your front number is a large hit.

Say the build does 250 base. 250 x 5 = 1250 ( using 400 rp in this example ). 1250 x 5 = 6250. Without af stacks 400 rp drops to 325 using 15 AF stacks in example.

250 x 4.25 = 1062.5. Already lost nearly 200 damage per star thrown, or up to 1k on a 5 shot. Then the additional 20% penalty on that 1065.2 = 850. 850 x 5 = 4250. 6250 vs 4250 is a 2k loss on a 5 shot
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2022 at 12:50pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #33 - Dec 7th, 2022 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Binkey wrote on Dec 7th, 2022 at 9:37am:
I find it painful playing anything that is single target and my understanding is that ranged builds in general no longer use IPS much due to the damage nerf.

I guess as usual it depends what you're doing. I solo and grind lives so I find IPS useful, the 20% doesn't seem to matter too much in practice and the benefit of snagging many at once outweighs it. I rarely stand still enough to benefit from AF so I discount that from the equation. But I'm running R1 as fast as possible for Heroic XP, if I was raiding I'd change things up.

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #34 - Dec 9th, 2022 at 5:52am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 4th, 2022 at 9:08pm:
burst rotation :

1st second - mom + vendetta
15th second out of vendetta
20th second whirling blades
35th second blades is over
25 seconds of nothing
60th second vendetta #2
75th second end of vendetta
80th second whirling #2
40 seconds of nothing
120th second repeat burst rotation

What if both builds had an incest baby?

Drop ranger and rogue, probably lose kta.

Take 4 arty and instead of 25 and 40 seconds of nothing you swap and use the tier 4 fusillade? Idk where you would shave points but if you pick up the 3 dice  in BE you’re only down 4 instead of 7. Maybe use the left over level for fighter to try to fit OV? Probably stupid.

IP Logged

Everling
Waterworks Kobold

Living but dead.

Reply #35 - Dec 11th, 2022 at 1:46pm
Print Post  

Not aimed at anyone here, but I have an awesome toon I planned out in my head, that when I tried to actually create it, I was about 36 AP's short of where I wanted to be.

Still, you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince. Unless it's Andrew. Then you just need some Vaseline and no where else to go.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #36 - Dec 11th, 2022 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
Everling wrote on Dec 11th, 2022 at 1:46pm:
Still, you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince.

Sorry man but I don't think Flav swings that way.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

newalchemist
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Dec 13th, 2022 at 2:20am
Print Post  
Why the hell nimble fingers? Hidden perk?

Also what do you do now that Assassin tree has changed?
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2022 at 3:48am by newalchemist »  

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #38 - Dec 13th, 2022 at 4:53am
Print Post  
newalchemist wrote on Dec 13th, 2022 at 2:20am:
Why the hell nimble fingers? Hidden perk?

Its not hidden lol. This was all introduced with ED update.

In Shadowdancer:
T1: Technician: +2/4/6 to Search, Spot, Disable Device, Open Lock. Rank 3: If you have the Nimble Fingers feat, +1 Sneak Attack dice.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Dec 13th, 2022 at 8:19am
Print Post  
newalchemist wrote on Dec 13th, 2022 at 2:20am:
Also what do you do now that Assassin tree has changed?

The planner was not updated until 4 days ago. But the ap spent remains the same. It's 8 ap for 3 imbue dice and the sole reason for the 2 rogue splash.

I updated the opening post to reflect the new planner and current in-game assassin enhancement tree.

Another update in gear that I am going to make soon is swapping the dino artifact belt for an artifact dino ring. Replacing the Sky ring, which requires slotting a devotion ruby into the offhand/orb. This nets the build a new dino belt of your choice. I like the seaweed belt. However the admiral belt can easily be slotted there for chaos and law absorb should the situation ever arise, like a KT push.

Edit : Lindal's belt is not a bad option either for the insightful sheltering. Which allows for a different extra slot on the gem trinket instead of insightful prr. Tho I think I will stay with the spell saves on seaweed.

A small tweak in feats can be made on the level 18 feat weapon focus. Since that is the 2nd ranger level, you are allowed to take ITWF for some additional hps instead of 2 rp.
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2022 at 8:31am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Dec 16th, 2022 at 2:01am
Print Post  
Updated stats and an additional gear set to include Insightful Sheltering. Not a huge deal for me, but some may not like being at 72~ mrr. Insightful mrr gets the build to 89.

Some stats were adjusted in OP

Adjusted dshot max values from 5.90 to 5.76 including reaper boost, Rapid Throw, Whirling, MoM, Dshot AB, orb equipped including reaper stats + both potions.

Update on in game stats :

Adjusted gear set to include insightful sheltering for 89 mrr/189 prr on ship/234 prr with reaction/304 prr with reaction spike, not including reaper stats.

Ranged power at 394 with inexorable advance, 15 af stacks, and deadly rain, not including reaper stats. 30 higher if using AB RP at cost of 30 dshot. Which is optimal if full tilt bursting since you will never ever need 476 doubleshot. It can easily drop 76 dshot and still hit the cap of 5 daggers.

Poison power at 728 with both potions, standing on ship, in reaction. 828~ with spike reaction. 978 with wellspring. not including reaper stats.

The full tilt burst rotation is better with AB RP, and Vendetta can apply simultaneously with Whirling Blades + MoM.

Only drawbacks are that this build requires more micro managing than shuri does. And it is a lot slower. Like, no movement speed at all. So if anything sees through smoke bomb and chases you down into a corner. The build cannot zip past them. Biggest party advantage is being able to aoe heal potion people. The potion is slow and has to arc like a jumpshot, but if the target is close enough then it can travel at a very low and flatter arc.

For leveling just play as an inquisitive, and use extend instead of quicken feat.
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2022 at 2:24am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Everling
Waterworks Kobold

Living but dead.

Reply #41 - Dec 16th, 2022 at 8:04am
Print Post  

Thanks a lot for sharing this Rubbinns. I am not currently creating one, but I always learn new things reviewing your builds.

Rubbinns wrote on Dec 16th, 2022 at 2:01am:
And it is a lot slower. Like, no movement speed at all. So if anything sees through smoke bomb and chases you down into a corner. The build cannot zip past them.

I am guessing you can't spare a level 4 slot for Bottled Boost: Sprint? Its slow to cast, but better with Quicken which you have, but maybe not as an instant gtfo?

Or you may need all the 4's you have. I just mention it in case you forgot you can get it as a 'spell' rather than with enhancements. But I suspect you are above such lapses.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Dec 16th, 2022 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Everling wrote on Dec 16th, 2022 at 8:04am:
I am guessing you can't spare a level 4 slot for Bottled Boost: Sprint? Its slow to cast, but better with Quicken which you have, but maybe not as an instant gtfo?

The casting time even with quicken isn't instantaneous like regular action boosts are which makes it hard to cast when you need it. Action boosts on alchemist are more of a preemptive thing to cast. Another issue is if you used any other action boost then all other boosts go on a 30 second cooldown, or if you used sprint boost then it goes on a 40 second cooldown. Rather clunky. Tabaxi can alleviate some of that at the cost of 2 imbue dice, taking the build from 34 to 32.

IP Logged

Everling
Waterworks Kobold

Living but dead.

Reply #43 - Dec 17th, 2022 at 4:15pm
Print Post  

Yes fair enough, I agree its still slow as hell even with quicken. I had also not thought about the shared cooldown.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Dec 20th, 2022 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
Updated Starless Night + Silver Concord dual gem set.

Gained an augment slot, augmented fossilized amber. The orb slots The Eye of Lamannia. Netted +2 insightful sheltering.

The current configuration managed to free itself of the sky ring which has its stats split between the eye of lamania augment, and the starless night gloves. Less overlap = more stuff.

Quick update on reaper stats.

247 rp in reaper, 50 mom + tenser, 10 potion, 75 af stacks, 30 epic moment, 20-50 action boost + deadly rain = 435-465 rp boosting. Around 350 with af stacked and doubleshoot boosting with deadly rain.

810 poison spell power in reaper, running both potions. 840 reaction, 940 with spike reaction, 1090 wellspring boosting.

PRR 190/211 reaper/mrr 90. PRR with reaction 233/254 reaper. And with reaction spike 303/324 reaper.

145~ to-hit. Decon + Tracking and sneak attacking boost that no issues territory. 96% bypass before decon/tracking.

Biggest problem is proc damage rips aggro. This is not unique among imbue builds.
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2022 at 12:12pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Jan 2nd, 2023 at 11:09am
Print Post  
I want to try an imbue thrower but as mentioned before I don't play at cap, I just run lives.

Are there any thrower builds that are decent to level as well as at cap? The two I have in mind are 18/2 alch/rogue knife thrower or a 15/3/2 wiz/monk/rogue drow shuriken chucker.

If the Alch, I won't be going T5 in vistani as I can't stand all the short term buffs I need to cycle and keep up, I just don't enjoy that playstyle. T5 VC has 15% attack speed, does that work OK or is it just not worth bothering without T5 vistani?

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #46 - Jan 2nd, 2023 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Binkey wrote on Jan 2nd, 2023 at 11:09am:
Are there any thrower builds that are decent to level

Sure. Just don't play as a thrower while leveling.   Wink

Honestly, every time I've tried leveling as a thrower I've LRed into something else due to the pain.
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2023 at 3:18pm by Head-Meat »  

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #47 - Jan 2nd, 2023 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Jan 2nd, 2023 at 3:17pm:
Sure. Just don't play as a thrower while leveling.   Wink

Honestly, every time I've tried leveling as a thrower I've LRed into something else due to the pain.

You can easily level as a barbarian thrower using a great axe.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #48 - Jan 2nd, 2023 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Jan 2nd, 2023 at 3:36pm:
You can easily level as a barbarian thrower using a great axe.

If only it were possible to throw your Great Axe around.

:sigh:

Embarrassed

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #49 - Jan 4th, 2023 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
Leveling with bottled spells is fun. Apply the imbues, etc. And get 80% returning in Falconry.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint